Second Confession

Monday to Sunday

You called Changsub a couple times but he wouldn’t pick up. You decided to give up for now and remembered that you wanted to introduce Illhoonie to your brother, so you went ahead and called him instead.

*ring ring ring*

“Yoboseyo?”

“Illhoon-ah! Are you busy right now?”

“Ah, aniyo, wae? Is something wrong?”

“No, nothing is wrong. I was wondering if you’d like to meet my brother! He came to visit me from the states and he really likes rap. I thought, who better to introduce him to than the one and only Illhoon? Keke. So can you come out?”

Illhoon’s POV:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh… so that’s what’s going on. Changsub Hyung… pabo!

“Neh, noona, give me a few hours and I’ll meet you at the café.”

*click*

Changsub Hyung came home an hour ago looking gloomy as ever. I thought he had been rejected, so I kept bugging him for the details of what happened. He said he saw noona with another man, but I guess the man he saw was actually her brother. Aish, chincha, this hyung…

“Hyung, I need to talk to you.”

“Illhoon-ah, I don’t really feel like talking right now. I just want to sleep.” Changsub hyung rolled over in bed and faced the wall.

“Hyung, _____ noona just called me. I know who that man was.” Instantly, Changsub hyung got up and looked at me with wide eyes.

“Who is it?! Wait… do I want to know?” he looks down again.

“Neh, you want to know. Because you’re a pabo, hyung.”

“Yah, do you want to die? Who is it, then?”

“Hyung, the man you saw was her brother. She called me earlier to ask me to come meet him. Do you want to come with me?”

Changsub hyung looked at me, wide-eyed again. I can tell he was growing red from embarrassment. I chuckled at the look of his face.

“So do you want to go or not? I’m meeting her soon.”

“NEH~! I want to go!”

“C’mon then, let’s go!”

Changsub POV:

Pabo, pabo, pabo! I’m such a pabo! Why do I always jump into conclusions?! Now that I think about it, that man did look familiar. AH~! She had a picture of him in her apartment! Aish, I should have thought this through…

Illhoonie and I arrived back at the café, but I’m still a bit too embarrassed to look at her face again. She must think I’m an idiot…

“Illhoon-ah! Oh… Changsub-ah, you came, too!” She smiled at us. “This is my brother, Phillip! He’s a bit younger than you guys, he’s only 17.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Phillip-imnida.” Phillip bows to us and we bowed back.

“Noona tells me you like rap? I’ll have you know, I’m the best rapper!” Illhoon smirked.

“Haha, we’ll see just how good you are, Illhoon-ssi.”

“Why don’t you two go over there and Illhoon-ah can freestyle for you?” I ask as I look at Illhoon, mentally telling him that I want some alone time with noona.

Illhoon nodded, understanding the situation and led Phillip-ssi to the other side of the room.

“Ahem… noona, about earlier…”

“Yeah, what was that about, Changsub-ah? I’ve never seen you look so sad. Are you okay?” she grabs my face and looks in my eyes. Skinship had become more natural for us. “You’re not sick, are you? We have our duet in two days. You can’t back out on me now!” she scolded.

“I’m not sick, noona. I won’t ever let you down.” I smiled at her and put my hands over hers. “Noona, can I talk to you outside for a few minutes?”

“Huh? Sure.” I walked her outside and it was quiet between the two of us for a few seconds.

“What is it, Changsub-ah? What’s so important that you had to drag me outside?”

“Noona, the truth is… earlier today, I was on my way to confess to you my feelings, but I saw you with your brother and at the time, I didn’t know who it was. I thought you had a boyfriend so I walked away disappointed in myself. Mianhae.”

She stared at me, shocked at what she’s hearing.

“But Illhoon-ah told me that I was a pabo because the man I thought was your boyfriend was actually your brother… haha…” I rubbed the back of my neck out of embarrassment. “But I decided to come back here to tell you that… noona, I like you. I’ve liked you since I’ve met you. I want to spend my days getting to know you better and getting closer to you. Will you be my girlfriend?”

She was speechless. She stared at me for a couple more seconds before I looked down at the ground again. And that was when she walked into my arms and hugged me.

“I like you, too. I like you, Changsub-ah.” She looks up at me smiling with tears forming in her eyes.

“I never thought in a million years someone like you would walk into my life… but I’m glad. I’m glad that it’s you, Changsub-ah. You make me smile and laugh. When I look at you, I get butterflies. I would be more than happy to be your girlfriend.” She hugs me tighter. I must be dreaming again. Is this happening? Did she just accept me as her boyfriend?! My insides are screaming for joy. After she let go of me, I did a little happy dance which earned another laugh from her.

“I promise I’ll make you happy, noon—ah, it’s kind of weird to be calling you noona now, isn’t it? Would it be OK for me to call you by your name informally? Or maybe I could call you jag-jag-uh... haha… jagiya?” I rubbed the back of my neck again, unsure of what she’ll say.

“You can call me jagiya, op-oppa…” she looks down, embarrassed. I looked down, too, feeling my cheeks heat up from her calling me oppa.

“Okay, jagiya.” We both lifted our heads and smiled at each other.

“Would you like to come inside for some coffee, oppa? It’s starting to get chilly out.”

“Ah, neh. You still need to teach me how to make other types of coffees, anyway!” I laughed and held her hand walking her back inside the café.

_________________________________________________

A bit short, but I felt like I had to update you guys on the story. I hope you guys like it!