First Confession

Monday to Sunday

“Changsub-ah! Where were you? You should have answered my calls!” Manager Hyung scolded Changsub for an hour straight for coming home the next day without any notification of my whereabouts.

“Mianhae, Hyung. It won’t happen again. I lost track of time.” Changsub bowed to him respectfully.

“Aishhh, it better not happen again, arasso? It’ll be my on the line!” Changsub nodded and walked into his shared bedroom to find all the boys smirking at him.

“Yah, Changsub-ah, where were you last night, huh?” Minhyuk nudged Changsub’s arm, causing him to blush thinking about what happened last night.

“He’s blushing! Yah, he’s blushing!” Eunkwang went into a laughing fit.

“Well, Hyung? What happened last night? Why didn’t you come home?” Hyunsik asked.

“It’s none of any of your business!” Changsub replied and crawled into bed.

“Hyunggg~! Tell us~!” Sungjae crawled into Changsub’s bed and poked his face to annoy him.

“Aishhh, do you want to die?!” Changsub scolded.

“Hyung, really, what happened last night? Last time I saw you, you were practicing with _____ noona. Did you spend the night with her?!” Illhoon instigated.

Changsub’s face turned into a bright shade of red.

“Got’cha! It’s true! Hyung, give us details!” Illhoon badgered on.

“AISH, chincha! FINE! I’ll tell you, if you guys leave me alone afterwards!” They all nodded and sat close to Changsub listening attentively.

“_____ noona invitedMeToDinnerAtHerApartmentAndThenWeWatchedTVTogetherAndWeFellAsleepOnTheCouchAndIWokeUpToHerInMyArmsAndSheInvitedMeOverToHerPlaceAgain!” Changsub spouted all in one breath.

s just stare blankly at him. Illhoon, the most annoyed.

“Yah, Hyung, what was that! I didn’t understand a word you said! Stop messing around and tell us what happened!”

Changsub took a deep breath and looked down…

“_____ noona invited me over for dinner at her apartment and we ended up watching TV together until we fell asleep on the couch and I woke up to her in my arms. She invited me over to her place again.”

He lifted his head and looked at s and this time, all their jaws were dropped.

“I knew she liked you! Hyung, you’re so lucky! ____ noona is so pretty!” Peniel shoved Changsub’s arm gently.

“She likes me? Do you really think so?” Changsub asked, looking at each of s and each one of them nodded.

“D’UH Hyung! It’s so obvious!” Hyunsik laughed, “And it’s so obvious that you like her, too!”

“Aish, what do I do, guys? You know idol life is hard, especially with a relationship…” Changsub looked down again, this time, really sad. It seems that he’s been thinking about this a lot. From the times he spent with _____, he wanted to ask her to be his girlfriend but keeps hesitating in fear of her getting hurt by the media and sasaengs.

“We will protect ______ noona. We all love her. Melodies will understand. Plus, CUBE doesn’t have any dating restrictions, you know that!” Eunkwang tried to comfort Changsub with a smile.

“He’s right. No one will hurt _____ noona! Not when she’s got me!” Minhyuk flashed his muscles.

“And me!” Hyunsik did the same, laughing as he did so.

Changsub smiled at s.

“Hyung, when are you going to confess to noona? Huh? How are you going to do it?!” Peniel hit Changsub with the most important questions. Changsub hasn’t really figured out how he was going to confess to her, he just knows that he wants to.

“I don’t know, guys. I haven’t really thought this through…” Changsub chuckled while rubbing the back of his neck, “but I know that I want to confess to her soon.”

“We will help you!” Sungjae suggested. All the members agreed, and on went their planning.

_____’s POV:

Aishhhh, I can’t believe I let this happen! How embarrassing! I hope I didn’t drool on him?! Oh my GOD~!

*ring ring ring*

Unknown is calling…

That’s strange? I wonder whose calling?

“Yoboseyo?”

“Noona, it’s me, Phillip!”

“Ah! Dongsaeng! You changed your number? How are you?” Your family moved to America because your father had gotten a good paying job, but you wanted to stay in Korea to study at the university so you stayed behind.

“Ah, neh, sorry I didn’t get a chance to tell you. I’m flying to Korea today, I should be there tomorrow! Will you pick me up from the airport?”

“YAH~! You’re coming to Korea?! Of course I’ll pick you up!”

“Keke gomawo, noona. Oh, appa said that you’re performing for a talent show this weekend?? I can’t wait to see it! Noona… can you really sing?! Should I bring ear plugs??”

“Aishhh, this kid. Do you want to get hit?!” I hear him laughing on the other end.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, noona.”

“Nehhhh~ see you tomorrow!”

*click*

You smiled from ear to ear. You haven’t seen your little brother in a long time. You can’t wait to introduce him to BtoB. He doesn’t care too much for boy bands but he liked rap and Illhoon is one of the best rappers you know.

You looked back at the clock and you had a few hours before you had to head into work, so you made yourself some breakfast and hopped into the shower.

The Next Day

You’re at the airport holding up a sign that said “Phillip-ah, Noona missed you!” waiting for your little brother’s arrival. Finally you see him walking out of the terminal and he spotted your sign right away and laughed to himself, a little embarrassed.

“Phillip-ah!” you ran to him and hugged him tightly.

“Annyeong, noona!” He pat your head. Has he always been this tall? This built? This tan? He looks like an older brother.

“C’mon! I want to show you where I work and introduce you to some of the people I’ve been spending my time with!” you grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the airport.

You brought him inside the café and introduced your boss to him.

“Wah~! _____-ah, your family has such good genes. Your brother is so handsome!” The owner’s wife exclaimed.

“Ah, kamsahamnida~!” your brother bows. You looked at him with a big smile on your face. He has grown up into a man.

“_____-ah, you better protect your brother! Some girl might walk by and take your precious brother from you!” the owner’s wife joked.

Phillip puts his arms around you and laughed. “Is this pipsqueak able to protect me from other women?!”

“Yah~!” you smacked his chest as he chuckles.

“Oh, Changsub-ah! Annyeong~!” The owner looked past you and waved. You and your brother turned around and see Changsub staring at your brother who has his arms around you.

“Oh, uh, is this a bad time? I’ll come back later…”

“Aniyo, it’s not a bad time!”

“Ah, it is. I’ll come back later. Annyeong~!” Changsub looked down and walked out of the store. You looked at him walking out with a confused look.

“What was that about?” Phillip asked you. “Who was that?”

“It was Changsub, someone I wanted to introduce you to, but I don’t know why he left like that…” you continued to stare at the door.

Changsub POV:

*an hour earlier*

“Hyung, buy her flowers! Girls like flowers, and noona seems like the person to love them!” Sungjae suggested.

“Aniyo, you should play a song for her on piano and sing a song dedicated to her!” Illhoon suggested.

“Wah, that’s too corny! Just straight up tell her how you feel!” Peniel suggested.

“Aishhhhhhh, you guys are no help at all!” I scratched my head in frustration.

“Changsub-ah, _____ noona likes you, too. Everyone knows it. It’s written all over her face when I see her look at you. Just confess to her. I’m sure she will accept it!” Minhyuk pats my back.

Maybe he’s right. Maybe I shouldn’t make it too extravagant and just tell her how I feel…

“I still think you should at least get her flowers…” Sungjae mumbled outloud.

All the hyungs laughed at him and nodded.

“Arasso, maknae, I’ll buy her flowers.” I gave him a thumbs up which brightened his mood.

“All right, I’m on my way to the café now. I’ll let you guys know what happens afterwards!” I say to the guys before walking out of the dorm.

On my way there, I’ve been reciting what I’d say to her over and over again…

“_____ noona, from the first day I met you, I thought you were the prettiest person I’ve ever seen. You’re kind, funny, and so cute! These days, I find myself thinking about you often. I care about you a lot, and I hope to become closer to you…. _____ noona, will you be my girlfriend?” I started to blush. Aishhh, this is so embarrassing…

I came to the café and took a deep breath.

It’s now or never, Changsub. Just man up and ask the girl out already!

I opened the door and the scene I see in front of me made my heart sink. I see her standing there with another man… another man with his arm around her. She had a boyfriend all this time? Did she just get a boyfriend? He’s tall and handsome. He’s everything I’m not. I shouldn’t have come…

“Ah, Changsub-ah! Annyeong~!” I hear the shop owner greet me. Crap, I need to get out of here.

 “Oh, uh, is this a bad time? I’ll come back later…” I need to come up with an excuse to leave.

“Aniyo, it’s not a bad time!” ____ noona, how can you look at me with that smile? Don’t you know my feelings?

“Ah, it is. I’ll come back later. Annyeong~!” I turned around and left. My chest hurts. I never thought I’d ever feel something this painful… I walked back to the dorms and threw the flowers in the bin outside the dorms and walked up the stairs slowly.

_______________________________________________

Chapter 5 is a bit long, mianhae! Enjoy! ^^