U & I

Monday to Sunday

“Annyeonghaseyo~!” Changsub greeted as he entered the café with, now, all 6 BtoB members. Word had spread from Hyunsik and Sungjae about Changsub taking them to the café. Naturally, all the boys had to tag along.

“Ah, Changsub-ah! Annyeong~!” the shop owner’s wife greeted back. “Omo~ who are these handsome boys with you?”

“Born to Beat! Annyeonghaseyo, we’re BtoB!” the rest of the members bowed respectfully. The owner’s wife giggled and noticed Changsub looking around the café.

“Changsub-ah, are you looking for _____-ah?” she smiled as Changsub turns to her with a surprise face.

“Ah… haha, she’s normally here. Where did she go? It’s strange to see the café without her.”

“Well, business has been pretty slow, lately… so we decided to throw an event to gain more customers! My husband and I wanted to have a mini talent show next week, and we both know _____-ah is a really great singer, so we asked her to be the opening act. She’s in the back playing guitar. I’ll go grab her for you!”

“Ah! You don’t have to disturb her if she’s—“ and before Changsub could finish his sentence, the owner’s wife was already out of sight.

“_____-ssi, huh?” Eunkwang nudged Changsub. “She must be really pretty. You come here so often, even the shop owners know you by name!”

“Hyung~! Guys, please don’t embarrass me!” Changsub turned to s, pouting.

They all laughed and agreed to try and behave.

You walked out without looking at Changsub, greeting him naturally.

“Changsub-ah, you’re here? Do you want to learn how to make—“ You finally looked up and saw all the BtoB members smiling at you.

“Ah, noona, the members wanted to try your coffee!” You just froze and stared at them. Star struck. “Noona?” Changsub walked over to you and waved his hand in front of your face, snapping you out of your trance.

“Omo~!” you started to blush. “Annyeonghaseyo, ______imnida! Welcome to Sugar ‘N Spice! What can I get started for you all?” you smiled. Finally, you got a chance to meet all the members of BtoB. They all looked up at the menu and one by one asked you to make them a drink. Changsub stood by the counter, watching you make drinks while talking to you.

“Hyung, Changsub hyung must really like _____-ssi. I’ve never seen him smile so much,” Illhoon whispered to Hyunsik. Hyunsik nodded and looked at his hyungs, who also nodded back. They were happy to see Changsub go out and meet someone who he can be himself with. Before finding this café, Changsub had just been locked in the practice rooms, singing or dancing. He never stops practicing. It’s nice to see him have a break from all that.

“Here are all of your drinks~!” You place all of the drinks on the counter and one by one, the boys thank you. “_____-ssi, Changsub calls you noona. I want to call you noona, too!” Sungjae whines and looks at you with puppy dog eyes.

“I want to call you noona, also!” Illhoon interrupted.

“Actually, all of you can call her noona. She’s older than all of us,” Changsub cut in. Eunkwang and Minhyuk looked at you surprised. “Chincha? You look so young!” they both say at the same time.

“Gomawoooo~!” you winked and did a little aegyo. Changsub smiled as he stared at you smiling so big.

“Noona, the owner’s wife said earlier that you play guitar? I’m learning how to play, too!” Peniel asked.

“Ah, yeh~ I’ve been playing guitar for years. I’m still not very good, though…”

“Noona, play a song for us! Will you, please? Please, please, please!” Sungjae begged.

You looked at Changsub and Changsub only smiled. You gave in to Sungjae’s plea which was encouraged by the rest of the members. You grabbed your guitar from the back of the café and sat down, propping the guitar on your lap. You started to strum the chords to U & I by BtoB.

“It’s our song, our song!” Eunkwang shouted happily. “She’s a fan! A melody!” You looked away shyly, blushing.

“Noona, sing. The guys haven’t heard your voice!” You shot a glare at Changsub. How can he throw you under the bus like that?! You’re way too embarrassed to sing in front of ALL of BtoB! Since he mentioned it, all the guys started to egg you on, asking you to sing.

You decided to change the lyrics to fit you, since you are a girl, and the song is about a guy singing to a girl. Closing your eyes, you start to sing…

I know you fell for me at first sight
The person you talked about is me
I hear your heart beating
Don’t hide your heart

Baby baby, I feel the same way
I just pretended to be cool
Baby baby, come here
I will hug you now

I like you more than you like me
I love you more than you love me
Oh listen to me boy Oh baby baby boy
I like you, woo baby
Wanna date me now? How about becoming my boyfriend?
Anyone can say that we look good together

Everyday my boy everything my boy
If it’s you, I’ll give you my everything
Listen to me boy baby baby boy, I like you

The guys were swaying as you sing. Changsub, especially, listening carefully at the lyrics. They reflect exactly how he feels about you.

When I look into your eyes, I know
Fool, you can’t even lie
I see your trembling lips
You’re like a cute child

Baby baby, don’t worry
I prepared everything without you knowing
Baby baby, close your eyes
I will kiss you first

I like you more than you like me
I love you more than you love me
Oh listen to me boy Oh baby baby boy
I like you, woo baby
Wanna date me now? How about becoming my boyfriend?
Anyone can say that we look good together

Suddenly, you started to rap as fluidly as Illhoon, which surprised all the members.

A cup of Americano and biscuits on a happy afternoon
Has so many similarities with us – it goes so well with us
The clouds in the sky look like your face
I caress your hand that I’m holding
I softly kiss your reddened cheek

Changsub is blushing now. It’s as if you knew the words his heart wants to say but don’t have the courage to.

I like you more than you like me
I love you more than you love me
Oh listen to me boy Oh baby baby boy
I like you, woo baby
Wanna date me now? How about becoming my boyfriend?
Anyone can say that we look good together

As usual, Changsub anticipates the last part, because it’s his part and he knows you always belt out his solos.

Everyday my boy everything my boy
If it’s you, I’ll give you my everything
Listen to me boy baby baby boy, I like you

You slowly open your eyes, one at a time, extremely embarrassed and hoping that you didn’t butcher the song too badly. But to your surprise, all 7 of them started clapping and cheering.

“Noona, that was great! Wow, you’re such a great singer!” Peniel complimented.

“Noona, you sing the song better than us!” Minhyuk chimed in.

“Noona, your rap was daebak!” Illhoon gave you a thumbs up,

“Is this the song you’ll be singing for the talent show?” Hyunsik asked. You nodded yes.

“Noona, would you like to do a duet with me?” You looked up at Changsub with wide eyes.

“A du-du-duet?” You stutter, making him and the members laugh. “Yes, a du-du-duet, noona. We can sing that song together on opening night!”

“If Changsub hyung sings with you, noona, the café will get a lot of business!” Illhoon is also trying to persuade you, now. The shop has been really slow lately, and this is a great opportunity for you to help the owners get the recognition they deserve. They’ve done so much for you, it’s the least you could do.

You looked at Changsub’s eyes and he smiled at you, mouthing out “trust me.” You nodded to him and to the members, agreeing to their idea of a duet.

______________________________________________

Chapter 3 is finally here! Enjoy!