Dinner Date

Monday to Sunday

You and Changsub have been practicing together diligently for the past few days. Changsub gave you a lot of tips on hitting the right pitches and you couldn’t be happier than to spend some alone time with him. Truth be told, you’ve fallen for him. Of course, he’s your bias and all, but after meeting him and getting to know him on a personal level, your heart beats faster and slower at the same time whenever he’s around.

“Noona, let’s take a break! Are you hungry? Let’s go to a nearby restaurant. My treat!”

“Yah, I’m older, it should be my treat!” but right after you said that, you thought about how much money you really have… and to be honest, it’s not that much. You remembered you had just spent all your money on rent and groceries.

*LIGHTBULB!*

“Ahhh, actually, why don’t you come to my place? I’ll make you dinner. It’s better to eat a home cooked meal!”

“Go to y-your place?” Changsub looks at you nervously.

“Mhm, wae? Something wrong with coming to my place?” You were clueless to his feelings as usual.

“A-aniyo. We can go to your place, if you say it’s OK.”

“Of course it’s OK. I’m the one inviting you over, silly!” You grabbed Changsub’s hand and lead him out of CUBE’s building and towards your apartment. When you got outside the building, you realized that you were holding his hand, so you quickly let go, laughing nervously.

Changsub’s POV:

My heart is beating so hard, I think it’s going to burst out of my chest! Noona’s hand fit perfectly in mine. Ahhh~ I think I’m in Heaven. Noona’s going to make me dinner!

Upon arriving at her apartment, she opens the door and led me inside. Her apartment was small, nothing special, but it was cozy and comfortable. It really reflected her personality.

“What do you want to eat? I had just bought groceries, so I’m sure whatever it is you want to eat, I can make!” She starts putting on her apron and began rummaging through the fridge.

“I’ll have whatever you want to eat, noona!”

“Hmmm, how about Japchae Stir-Fried Noodles?”

“That sounds delicious! Can I help you prepare? I feel awkward just sitting around while you do all the work…”

“Well, it will make cooking go a lot faster! Sure, why don’t you chop some vegetables for me?” She handed me some carrots and green onions.

“I am the cutting master!” I walked into the kitchen and started to chop the vegetables like she asked me to.

_____’s POV:

Now that he’s standing beside me, and in a very small proximity, I realized how tall Changsub was compared to me. I started boiling some water to cook the noodles in and every so often look over at Changsub to make sure he didn’t hurt himself.

“Be careful, Changsub-ah. I don’t want to be responsible for you losing a finger!”

“Noona, you keep scolding me like that and I might just end up cutting myse—ah!”

“Changsub-ah! Are you okay?!” I grabbed his hand to inspect it, trying to find a cut but I was left confused. There wasn’t a cut? I grabbed his other hand and inspected it as well, but nothing. Suddenly, Changsub started laughing.

“Noona, I didn’t cut myself. I was just playing a joke, relax!” I looked up at him and see him smiling.

“Aishhh, this kid. You nearly gave me a heart attack, you know!” I smacked him on the arm to express how annoyed I was.

He continued to smile and went back to chopping the vegetables.

A few minutes have passed and I put all the ingredients together to start stir-frying the noodles. The aroma of the dish started to fill the apartment and both of our mouths began to water.

“Done~!” I set the dishes on the coffee table and sat down on the couch, tapping the seat beside me for Changsub to sit.

Changsub POV:

Noona asked me to sit next to her on a small love couch (two-seat couch). I was hesitant at first, but I didn’t want to spoil the mood so I sat down next to her.

“I’ll eat this well. Thank you for cooking for me, noona!” I grabbed my pair of chopsticks and started to dig in. Before I could even put a piece in my mouth, noona was staring at me. Her face inching closer and closer to mine and my face getting redder by the second.

“Uh… something wrong, noona?”

“I’m waiting to see your reaction to the food. I’ve never cooked for anyone but myself so I’m not confident about the taste…”

And with that, I put the piece of food in my mouth. Wahhhhh~! It was so delicious! I’m always a bit overdramatic, exaggerating the taste of noona’s cooking, but really! It was daebak!

I gave her a thumbs up and she smiled that smile… the one that melts my heart. The most sincere smile I’ve ever seen.

We finished eating and I offered to wash the dishes. After arguing with her for 5 minutes, I just grabbed the plates and headed back into the kitchen, hearing her sigh loudly from the couch. It’s the least I could do, right?

“Do you want to watch TV, Changsub-ah? It’s still a little early.”

“Sure!” I sat back down next to her on the couch. We started watching Running Man and we laughed together.

No one’s POV:

Some time had passed and before they knew it, it was already morning.

“Mmmm… what time is it?” Changsub was the first to wake, yawning but felt something heavy on his chest. He looked down to find ______ cuddled up to him, sleeping. His face turned red like a tomato, and his heart beating fast. After taking a few breaths to calm himself down, he looked at her face and admired how beautiful she looked while asleep. Wishing he didn’t have to spoil the moment, he needed to head back to the dorms. The guys must be worried about him.

“Noona… noona, wake up.” He gently shook _____ awake. She woke up and looked at him with sleepy eyes. Suddenly, her eyes widen after realizing the situation.

“Omo~! Mian! I didn’t mean to fall asleep on you! Ahh… eottoke?!” she grabbed her face, blushing hard.

“Aniya, it’s OK, noona. I need to head back to the dorms. The guys must wonder where I am. Thanks for last night!” he chuckled and got up to leave.

“Changsub-ah…” he turns to look at her.

“Um… you’re welcome to come by any time, and I will cook for you.” He smiled at her warmly and thanked her again and headed out the door. 

___________________________________________________

The story is just flowing right out of me! Keke. Enjoy chapter 4!