Talent Show

Monday to Sunday

It’s finally the day of the talent show. Several people have signed up to participate in it. You and Changsub have been practicing really hard perfecting your duet, and are still practicing before your performance.

 

BtoB posted in their fancafe that they would be making an appearance at the café to support Changsub and you. A lot of Melodies came to the café, you haven’t seen the café this full with people in a long time and it’s making you really nervous.

 

“Jagiya, are you nervous?” Changsub turns to you and your cheek.

 

“A little…” you looked at him with a smile. “But you’re here with me so I feel confident.”

 

Changsub smiles back at you and kisses your forehead. “You’re going to be great.”

 

“Changsub-ah, _____-ah, it’s almost time! Go get ready!” The owner finally announced. You take a deep breath, looked back at Changsub and smiled.

 

“It’s now or never! Let’s go! Fighting!” You shouted putting up a fist, making Changsub laugh and put up his fist, too.

 

The moment you walked out on stage, there were loud cheers and screams but you knew it wasn’t for you. It was for Changsub. You both sat down on the chairs and adjusted your microphones.

 

“Changsub oppa! Saranghae!!” a fan shouted.

 

“Changsub oppa, fighting!!!” another fan shouted.

 

You slowly took out your guitar and looked at Changsub for a signal to start. He waved shyly at all his fans and then looked at you and nodded.

 

You started strumming your guitar to Officially Missing You. You and Changsub have ultimately decided on this song because it suited your voices the best.

 

[______]

 

All I hear is raindrops

 

Falling on the rooftop

 

Oh baby tell me why’d you have to go

 

‘Cause this pain I feel

 

It won’t go away

 

And today I’m officially missing you

 

I thought that from this heartache

 

I could escape

 

But I fronted long enough to know

 

There ain’t no way

 

And today

 

I’m officially missing you

 

[You and Changsub]

 

Oh can’t nobody do it like you

 

Said every little thing you do

 

Hey baby say it stays on my mind

 

And I, I’m officially

 

[Changsub]

 

All I do is lay around

 

Two years full of tears

 

From looking at your face on the wall

 

Just a week ago you were my baby

 

Now I don’t even know you at all

 

I don’t know you at all

 

Well I wish that you would call me right now

 

So that I could get through to you somehow

 

But I guess it’s safe to say baby safe to say

 

That I’m officially missing you

 

[You and Changsub]

 

Oh can’t nobody do it like you

 

Said every little thing you do

 

Hey baby say it stays on my mind

 

And I, I’m officially

 

[You and Changsub]

 

Well I thought I could just get over you baby

 

But I see that’s something I just can’t do

 

From the way you would hold me

 

To the sweet things you told me

 

I just can’t find a way

 

To let go of you

 

[You and Changsub]

 

Oh can’t nobody do it like you

 

Said every little thing you do

 

Hey baby say it stays on my mind

 

And I, I’m officially

 

[______]

 

Its official

 

You know that I’m missing you

 

Yeah yes

 

All I hear is raindrops

 

And I’m officially missing you

 

You stopped strumming your guitar and looked at Changsub and the crowd simultaneously with an excited smile. You guys nailed the song. The crowd started cheering and BtoB ran up to you guys hugging and laughing saying how great the two of you were.

 

Changsub got back up on the mic, “Kamsahamnida, yeorobun! Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Changsub from BtoB and this is ______-ssi, an employee of this café. Please visit this café often and give it a lot of business! It’s my favorite and she makes the best coffees!” he winks at you, which causes you to blush and look away smiling.

 

Eunkwang cuts in, “Please be kind to the owners and their employees, arasso? They are our good friends. Melodies, saranghae!” The crowd started screaming again and BtoB started to sign autographs for all the people who attended. You walked off to meet the owners and your brother.

 

“Noona! That was jjang~! You were really good! I can see you and Changsub-ssi have a lot of chemistry.” Phillip wiggled his eyebrows and nudged you.

 

“Aishhh, this kid!” you smacked him, “Gomawo, we practiced really hard for this. I hope business starts booming after today!” you smiled at the owners.

 

“_____-ah, you were wonderful! I hope someone scouts you and turn you into an idol, you deserve a good life.” The owner’s wife pets your head.

 

“Noona? An idol? Is she pretty enough?” Phillip teased.

 

“Yah~!” You smack him again.

 

Finally, the other contestants went up on stage to perform. BtoB finished signing autographs and came over to you.

 

“Noona, we have a surprise for you.” Minhyuk suddenly announced. You looked at him with a blank stare.

 

“Surprise?” you asked.

 

“Neh~! Do you see that man wearing the suit over there?” you looked around in the crowd and notice a man standing in the back watching the other performances. You nodded indicating that you see the man.

 

“That’s the owner and president of CUBE Entertainment. He told us he wanted to meet you. We weren’t allowed to come here otherwise.” He rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

 

“Oh? I should greet him properly, then!” You walked over to the CEO of CUBE and bowed 90 degrees. “Annyeonghaseyo, ______imnida. Thank you for coming today and letting BtoB come, too.” He smiled at you and bowed back.

 

“_____-ssi, can I have a moment with you privately?” you looked up at him with a shocked face.

 

“Um, sure, sir.” You nodded and walked him to a secluded area.

 

“_____-ssi, do you like to sing?” he asked and you nodded.

 

“I like it a lot.” You answered.

 

“_____-ssi, do you love music?” he asked again and once again, you nodded.

 

“I love music.” You answered.

 

“_____-ssi, would you like to be a trainee at CUBE? We can make you a better singer and performer. Once we think you’re ready, you can debut as an idol. You could be the next IU. What do you think?”

 

You were stunned. Couldn’t move or speak. You just looked at him with wide eyes. Is this real life?

 

“_____-ssi?” He spoke up again, breaking you out of your daze.

 

“Let me talk this over with my boss and family and I will get back with you about that.” You politely say. He nodded with a warm smile and handed you his card.

 

“Please call me soon. I would love to sign you under our contract before another agency does.” He winked and laughed. You bowed to him in respect, thanked him for the opportunity, and that you’ll get in touch with him soon.

 

You walked back to BtoB, still looking stunned as to what exactly just happened.

 

“What was that all about?” Illhoon asked you. You looked at him, the rest of BtoB, your boyfriend Changsub, your brother, and finally, the owner and his wife.

 

“Mr. Hong just asked me to sign under CUBE and work to become the next IU…” you say in a monotone voice, obviously still shocked.

 

BtoB looked at you confused before they processed what you had said and looked at each other with big smiles.

 

“Chincha?! This is a great opportunity for you!” Changsub hugged you excitedly.

 

“I’m not sure if this is the life I want, though…” you looked down at the card sadly. Idol life is hard, you’ve watched all the diary episodes and you know that idols hardly get any sleep, they jump from schedule to schedule, and hardly get any free time during promotional periods. Not to mention that they travel a lot to perform in different countries. It was all just so overwhelming, you’re not sure if you’re able to handle that amount of stress.

 

“You will be great.” Changsub spoke up, causing you to look up from the card and at him. “You’re an amazing singer, talented guitarist, and with the help of CUBE, you’ll become even better. Idol life is hard, but CUBE is also a family and we take care of each other. We have our stresses, but we also have our fun. I don’t want to make your decisions for you, but I think this is a chance of a lifetime and I think you should take it.” He smiled at you and BtoB nodding in agreement.

 

“Noona, all jokes aside, this IS a one chance in a lifetime. Appa would be so proud of you. Umma, too.” Phillip puts his arms around you to comfort you. Your mother had passed away 4 years ago of a car accident.

 

“_____-ah, you are always welcome back here if you want to quit the idol life. We will always take you in.” The owner said with his wife nodding.

 

You smiled warmly at all the love and comfort everyone is giving you. You’ve surrounded yourself with such good people.

 

“Let me think about this some more and I’ll let you all know my decision before I call Mr. Hong. For now, let’s celebrate! It’s a packed house in here! Would you guys like some coffee? Or tea? I’ll make you some!” You walked behind the counter to start making some drinks while everyone just laughs and started to order from you.

 

______________________________________

 

Since the last update was too short for my liking, here’s a longer update! Thanks for following, guys! It really means a lot to me! ^^ I hope you like it!