Painful

My Baby Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In a perfect world, the nearly eight months pregnant young girl would actually be a young woman in her twenties, face glowing proudly in front of the priest with her wonderful groom standing next to her. In a perfect world, Dara would be marrying a man she loves…and he of course loves her too.

It would be a lie if Dara says she did not feel regret now standing next to a stone face Jiyong…who minutes ago was laughing with Taeyeon by the gate. There were many things that she regretted…, as selfish as it may sound, to Dara the biggest regret was giving up her childish dream of a perfect wedding day.

Dara knew it was only a childish dream which will never come true, especially now that she had become disillusioned about love…but there was still a part of her, the young seventeen year old part of her that rebelled against being marry to someone she did not love, rebelled against being married at such a young age.

A part of her, the innocent naive part of her wanted to live a simple life...simple happiness with a home filled with children's happy laughs, and a strong arms filled with love holding her...yet that way of living seems so unattainable now.

Dara glanced to her right and saw Taeyang leaning against the entrance door way. He was dressed in a suit with the shirt halfway tucked in as if he was in a rush. Dara realized he was probably debating about whether or not to attend her wedding, and decided in the end to attend despite the pain and betrayal he felt towards her. The word ‘sorry’ was not enough to make up for what she did… she had promised him ten years, but in the end…she couldn’t even give him a few months. The pain in Taeyang’s eyes was clearly etched all over his face, he looked straight in her eyes and the pain pierced into her heart.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry, please forgive me.”

She begged her best friend with her eyes, they stared at each other, for a moment it felt as if they were the only two people in the room, Dara was oblivious to the wedding sermon. She wanted to tell Taeyang he will understand and thank her in the future. She wanted to tell him she couldn’t risk his love turning into hate after a few years. She wanted to thank him for his willingness to sacrifice so much for her…but because she cares for him she could not allow him to do that. She wanted to say so much, but she didn’t…she couldn’t.

Taeyang stood motionless, his eyes never once leaving hers. Dara panicked and wondered if she was making a mistake, she wanted to run but then she saw her mother. Mrs. Park walked quietly towards Taeyang and was now standing next to him. She extended her hand waiting for him to reach for her. She shifted her glance from Taeyang to her daughter as if comprehending something even the two teenagers did not. With a kind face, she slowly embraced Taeyang and allowed the young man to weep quietly in her arms. He was heart broken; his heart wrenching cries was muffled by Mrs. Park’s shoulder. Dara saw her mother nodded understanding at her and led the young man out of the room.

The room was quiet…as if everybody was holding their breath waiting. Dara felt liquid pouring down her face, why was her face all wet? She saw a few drips landed on the floor and realized it was tears. It was her te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter