Farewell soon?

My Baby Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sound of heart beats echoed throughout the four wall room strong and healthy. To the young girl, each heart beat was like the sound of a beautiful melody.

The young girl tilted her head to the side and watch in awe at the screen in front of her. The ultrasound scan showed a fully developed baby her thumb and moving her arms and legs every once in a while. Doctor Han was in the room and grinned when he saw the pregnant girl’s glowing face.

The father of the baby was also in the room glancing at the girl and the ultrasound screen in front of them. He too was at a loss when he saw the baby appeared on the screen. The doctor handed the young man a tube of gel and motioned for him to apply it on the pregnant girl’s belly. The young man nervously poured the gel and waited for the doctor.

“Jiyong, place the transducer over the gel and move it back and forth.” Dr. Han instructed.

Jiyong nodded and hesitantly moved the transducer back and forth not sure what he was doing; as he circled the transducer over Dara’s belly, a clear picture of a baby face appeared on the screen.

“Dr. Han! Dr. Han! Look!” Jiyong shouted in excitement, he grabbed the doctor and placed the doctor’s hand over the machine. The moment the doctor grabbed hold of the transducer, Jiyong pulled a chair next to Dara and fixed his eyes on the screen.

“Dr. Han, what you’re showing us is really our baby?” Jiyong asked his voice filled with emotion.

Dr. Han nodded. Dara smiled at Jiyong, surprise at how excited he was but also very glad that he shared her happiness. As the doctor located the baby’s hands and feet, Dara tried to count her baby’s fingers and toes while Jiyong stared at her and then the ultrasound screen of their baby.

His heart was aching painfully, he placed his hand over his chest…was it possible to ache for something…to need something and you’re not even sure what it is that you want or need? He looked at Dara wistfully and felt his heart contracted and wondered why his heart aches even more when he looks at her.

Jiyong opened his mouth but didn’t know what to say… he felt a lump in his throat. He cleared his voice before speaking, but his voice still cracked as he whispered,

“Are you happy Dara?”

Dara nodded, she was so happy she didn’t know what words to use to describe her happiness. She wanted to tell Jiyong the thought of being a mother no longer scares her. She wanted to tell Jiyong thanks to him, she now looks forward to the future with her baby. She wanted to thank Jiyong for Ji Eun, for the baby inside her…for the baby that is now her strengths and dreams. She wanted to share her thoughts with him, but when she glanced at Jiyong and saw the forlorn expression on his face she couldn’t.

This must be really hard for you Jiyong…while I’m planning a future with Ji Eun, you…you’re planning to say good bye.

Doc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter