Marriage of convenience

My Baby Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara hesitated before opening the door. The nurse told her the injury was quite severe, her mother had internal bleeding and broken bone fracture on several parts of her body. The moment she entered the room, Dara felt a sense of helplessness. Mrs. Park was on the breathing machine, she was strapped to the bed, both her arms had sling due to bone fractures. Dara walked closer, her heart beating painfully. The black and blue hand marks was visible around Mrs. Park's neck. Blood had stopped circulating causing Mrs. Park's neck to turn dark red almost black. Her face was deformed with a broken jaw, and small patches of her hair were missing. Dara sat down next to her mother and gently touched her face.

"I'm sorry omma, I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you."

Mrs. Park moved her right hand and slowly she covered her fingers over Dara's.

"Omma..."

Mrs. Park opened her eyes and with one of her finger pointed to her breathing mask. Dara lifted the mask.

"Omma?"

The woman smiled sadly at her daughter. She squeezed Dara's hand in comfort.

"I'm fine." She whispered hoarsely.

"Omma...I know you're tired, I'll wait until you sleep before I leave"

Mrs. Park knew her daughter too well. There was an undeniable sadness in her daughter's eyes. Dara tried to smile but her lips were quivering. Mrs. Park pointed to the chair and insisted Dara sit next to her.

"Tell me..." She whispered. Worried, Dara didn't want to burden her mother. She shook her head.

"I'm fine." The young girl assured her mother. Mrs. Park pointed to her heart and mouthed,

"Tell me."

Dara sighed, she fears telling her the truth would burden her, yet she could not lie to her mother.

"I'm leaving Seoul. I didn't want to leave without telling you goodbye."

Mrs. Park shook her head, her eyes clouded in confusion.

"Why?"

"...I...it's a long story mom. Jiyong betrayed my trust. He...said I have to marry him or lose JiEun." Dara forced the words out of . She didn't understand why her heart was hurting, thinking about Jiyong...her heart ached.

"Do you love Jiyong?" Mrs. Park asked softly. Dara leaned in closer to hear her mother. There was a brief pause, and then she shook her head no.

"Marry him." Mrs. Park pointed to her heart and whispered,

"When there's no love...there's no pain."

Dara frowned; she did not understand what her mother meant.

"Listen to me Dara. I will tell you this only once." Mrs. Park averted her eyes from her daughter and stared at the ceiling. She didn't want to share her shameful past, but realized for her daughter's happiness...she needed to tell her daughter the truth.

"Your father and I used to love each other...maybe we loved too deep. We were high school sweethearts, our whole future was bright and beautiful. Right after High School we went to college together. The more time we were together, the more we love, until one day we decided to marry..." Mrs. Park felt her eyes brimmed with tears.

"After we graduated, your father started working and was well liked by his peers. Not long after he was promoted and we brought a house. Everything was wonderful...he was a sociable guy and gets along with everybody. I loved him, loved him so much. We...had our first child, he was beautiful Dara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter