Chapter 4 : Will happiness remain forever?

♫ Sunbae... Saranghae ♥

-------- May 2002 -----------

The two kids walk home together, holding hands, thinking that the future in front of them is brighter that today, as long as they have each other by their side. But one thing that they didn’t know is, being a trainee from a big company as SM Entertainment, people are already keep a look at them to the fact that some of them are already have their own fans. People are stalking them, talking about them and even follow their life story.

Jessica, as usual, is waiting for her boyfriend who is busy preparing for his debut. 

#Flashback#

“ You, you, you and you ....”

Then the four young boys nervously look at their teacher, Lee Sooman, who pointing at them.

“..... in one team.”

Without caring about anything else, the four of them are hugging each other, as tears flowing from their eyes.

“There will be another boy from Brothers Entertainment will be joining you guys. Well, he’s the winner for 2011 American Singing Competition in ia, so please learn from his experience.”

“Yes, sir,” As the four boys bow and shout to the teacher together. Tears still cannot stop from falling.

#End of Flashback#

Jessica just smiles, remembering Jaejoong’s story about the announcement. She then looks at the spot where she sits. This spot is really special for her, a place where she sleeps and spending times with her beloved one. Although her class was already over, and all her friends were going home, she keeps waiting since it is just the only period she can meet him. Reading novels already become part of her life while waiting. That is how she finds her new hobby. Without her realise, a sweaty head is already on her lap, searching for a nap.

“Yah, you’re wet,” whining Jessica.

“Just this time. It is so tiring today. I feel like dying,” Jaejoong then close his eyes, while Jessica just smiles. She took a small towel and wipes his sweat. She then continues her reading, leaving Jaejoong taking a rest.

The time flies as she gain new friends like Heechul, Kibum and Kangin. The three of them are the new trainees that come from the casting systems. She then become close to Heechul, the one that has the same personality as her and also in the Donghae-Yoona mission. Donghae is like his little brother since he is the one who picked him up on his first day in SM Academy. Heechul is also taking good care of Jessica as she got lesser time to meet Jaejoong during the training days. Their schedule is not the same anymore. But the love in her heart becomes greater day by day as she keeps praying for Jaejoong to do well.

“Yah!!” Heechul comes from behind and join Jessica for her lunch. “Where are the others?”

“They went to buy a cake for Yoona’s birthday. And Yoona maybe still in her acting class with Kibum oppa,” explained Jessica.

“Why are you not following them, then?” curious Heechul.

“I’m not in charge for the cake. My part is to bring Yoona here when all the things are ready,” explained Jessica while eating.

“What about Donghae?” asked Heechul.

“OMG! I’m totally forgotten about that. Where is he now?” Suddenly Jessica became panic.

“I don’t know. He said he will go home after the class. Come, faster. We might still catch him.” Heechul then drags Jessica’s hand and run toward the main door in the building. They heard someone is shouting at them, but they just ignored it.

Seeing Donghae walking out from the building, both of them shout, “LEE DONGHAE!!!” and that makes everyone there shocked, including Donghae.

“What?” he asked when both of his friends are now in front of him.

But unfortunately, the both of them can’t even talk at the moment as they’re too tired from running. 

“Yah! What happened?” Donghae is still curious but since there is no answer, he made her own assumption.

“OMG, did you guys saw it? The ghost I told you yesterday? Yah, see. Why don’t you guys believe in me. Yah, should we go find some kind of ghost-hunter or something?”

Suddenly, Jessica and Heechul shouted, “SHUT UP!!” and drag Donghae who just still not knowing what actually happened. With the power of two, he cannot help but to just follow them.

Again, someone is shouting at them but since they ran too fast, it’s impossible for them to catch what the woman’s voice is saying. After they reached the room, Jessica just go straight to the air-conditional while Heechul just land his body on the floor, leaving the clueless Donghae there.

“Er, can anyone mind telling me what is actually happened?”

Jessica then approached him, whispering ,”Today is Yoona’s birthday.”

“So?”

“We’re going to celebrate is, stupid.” Said Heechul.

“Oh, where are the others then?” asked Donghae.

Suddenly, the door is opened and Yuri, Hyoyeon, Hyukjae and Jungsoo come in as Hyukjae shout, “We’re here.”

“Wow, Donghae is here too. Great! Wear this,” Yuri takes out a gorilla overall costume with a mask to Donghae.

“Why should I...” but before he could finish his sentence, Jungsoo, Heechul and Hyukjae are already there, making him be in the costume just in a blink of eyes.

“Yah! It’s too hot in here.” Donghae tried to protest, but no one cares.

“Sica, where is your boyfriend?” asked Hyoyeon.

“He said he cannot make it since he’s busy with the vocal training,” replied Jessica, as her heart sigh.

“Oh, it’s okay then. Now go and get Yoona,” not willing to continue talking about Jaejoong, Hyoyeon asked Jessica to go get the main girl.

“I’ll go with you,” Heechul follows Jessica to the acting class.

As the class is not over yet, both of them wait on the bench in front of the class.

“You’re not even telling him about this, right?” asked Heechul, suddenly.

“Well...”

“You should at least invite him,”

“I don’t know. I mean, I know he cannot even make it to the party. But if I told him, maybe he will do his best just to attend it. And I don’t want him to do that. I don’t want him to be burden with all of these things, and it just make him more exhausted.” Jessica tried to explain and make Heechul sigh. 

But before he can reply, Yoona just popped out from the class, followed by Kibum.

“Oh, what are you guys doing here?” asked Yoona curiously.


“Come Yoona. I want to show you something,” Jessica drags Yoona to the party room, followed by Heechul and Kibum.

When they opened the door, everyone shouted in unision. “Surprise~!!!!!”

Surprise Yoona then cover in shocked and suddenly let out her alligator laugh.

“What is this?!! Haha,” she tried as hard as she can to control her tears from falling. ‘This is so touching, guys’ her mind speaks.

Then her eyes just glued at a very weird costume. “Who is that?” asked Yoona as she moves toward the ‘gorilla’ and look around the room. “Jaejoong oppa?” she assumes since he’s not there to be seen.

With her kid mind, she just go and tickle the gorilla which make him try to avoid her. Yoona really has fun tickling the gorilla which finally result him to fall. With a surprise look, she tried to apologize, “Oppa, I’m sorry.”

Yoona then unmasked the gorilla which made her more surprise, while others behind them just giggling.

“Donghae oppa? Ah, I’m really sorry. I thought you’re... Omg, I’m really sorry oppa.” She keeps bowing as she’s still not familiar with Donghae.

“Yah! Stop bowing and come cut the cake.” Jungsoo, after seeing that just try to make the atmosphere more fun is now clapping his hand, which others just shout, “Yeah!”

Everyone is singing the birthday song for Yoona and she seems really happy.

Suddenly, Jessica elbowed her, “Why do you look so happy today?”

“Of course I’m happy. You guys made this for me.” 

Jessica is not satisfied with the answer and tease more, “Or is it because he is here too?” she pointed at Donghae who is eating alone at the corner.

“Unnie~..” Yoona cannot help but to blush.

Yuri suddenly joined them, “Yoona-ah. Take this and give it to him. Go. It’s your chance now.” She gave Yoona a cup of coke and pushed her toward Donghae.

“Unnie...”

“Just go!,” Jessica finally gave her a glare, and that makes her move towards him.

With her heart beating fast, she tried her best to look as calm as possible.

“Oppa,” she handles him the coke.

“Oh, thanks,” he replied and continue eating.

“Er, can I sit?” Thinking that this might be her only chance, she tried her best.

“Oh, sure.”

But as much as she hates this, she doesn’t know how to break the silent. Finally, she push herself.

“Oppa, thanks for coming although we’re not really close to each other.”

And he smiled, “Well, I am the one who should be thankful. I got free food here,” he then lift his plate a little and laugh.

Yoona, who also laugh a little just cannot think what to said, “Yeah.”

And again, silent strikes.

Yoona then realise that this is not the time as she already want to give up the conversation.

“Well, I think I should just leave you here since it looks like I made you feel uncomfortable.” And she stands up, try to leave.

“Yoona-ah.” He called and she turned her face toward him.

“I know that our friends have plan for us, try to make us close...like.. I mean, something like Jae hyung and Sica. I am sorry, I really am. But I think I need to make it clear for you. I don’t think it will work this way, since I already have someone in my heart.”

Yoona look surprise a little but then just smile, “I know oppa, don’t worry. But can we befriend?”

Donghae nodded and smile to her too. Yoona then happily run to get her unnies and enjoy her birthday with them.

“I’m so sorry, Yoona-ah.”

----

“Yeah! Finally~,” Hyoyeon put in the last rubbish in the plastic and smile at others. All of them look very tired as they’re cleaning the mess the made after the party.

Yoona then walk straight to Jessica and give her a piece of cake that she keeps on the cake base.

“Unnie, it’s Jaejoong oppa’s part,”

Jessica just smiles and take it from Yoona, “Thanks. I’m sorry that he cannot be with us today.”

“It’s okay.”

After finish packing their belongings, all of them are leaving the room except for Jessica.

“Bye Sica. Tkae care,” Yuri shouted as she’s the last person to leave.

Jessica then go to the usual spot. But instead of reading, she just take out her pillow and sleep. She is too tired to even read.

----

Jaejoong’s POV (As before the party)

“It’s not the right way to breathe when you sing it.” Mrs Park give Junsu the instruction at the front as the boy finished singing his first line.

Ah, thanks God that I don’t choose this song. It’s really hard to sing and need a really great breath control.

Suddenly they heard the running steps outside the classroom and that makes Mrs Park stand up from her chair and went to the door.

“YAH!! HOW MANY TIME DO I NEED TO REPEAT THIS?! DONT RUN IN THIS BUILDING!!!” she shouted.

But I don’t care about the shouting, all I care was that two people who just ran past us. From what I see through the window, it’s Jessica and Heechul. What happened? And they’re holding hands?

OMG, I cant concentrate on this class anymore. I need to know what just happened.

After a while, the two come back, well this time, with Donghae. They’re still running and makes MrsPark shouted again, “STOP RUNNING!!!!”

And seeing it is more painful. Now, she’s holding Donghae’s hand. What is actually happen. I really want to know but knowing Mrs Park, it is better for me to stay if I want to live longer. 

Should I text her? Yes. Where is my phone?
But before I can find it, Mrs Park already called my name, 

“Jaejoong, it’s your turn.”

Damn. Why now?

And as expected, I make so many mistakes. Well, madam, you called me in the wrong moment. I cannot concentrate on you when my girl is holding other guys hand. And she does look happy with it.

“Go back to your seat and sing again tomorrow. I am so disappointed in you, Jaejoong,”

Do I look like I care now? Well, I know they’re friends. But still, is it wrong for me to be jealous? No, right?

“Jung Yunho.” Mrs Park called Yunho and the boy moves to the front to sing.

And the class continues as I still cannot focus on this lesson.

After two hours, finally the class ended and I quickly packed my things as fast as I can.

“Yah, what so urgent?” Junsu asked while packing his things too.

“Don’t mess with him now hyung. Maybe he’s jealous about Sica and Heechul hyung just now. Haha,” Damn you Shim Changmin. You’re too smart to be younger than me.

“Owh, aren’t they want to make a surprise party for Yoona today, right?” asked Junsu and that make me stop.

“Yeah. They want Donghae to attend it too, since you know, the Donghae-Yoona thingy.” Explained Yunho.

What? Why do I know nothing?

“Guys, I need to go first since I have a lot of homework to do. It is really tiring nowadays.” Changmin then leave, followed by Yunho and Junsu.

Me? I just go to the main dance room as usual, since someone is waiting for me there.

Entering the room, I see a big plastic that contain rubbish and next to sleeping Jessica is a piece of cake.

You must have a great fun today with the others. Her sleeping is just cool me down. I just smiled when I see her calm face while sleeping and I can tell that she is happy, and make me think of about that conversation.

#Flashback#

“How’s Jessica?” BoA asked as she is already finished giving the boys a speech about her experiences.

“Well, she’s fine. Why are you asking?”

Boa the sighs, “It must be really hard for both of you, since you’re very busy nowadays.”

“Yeah, I know rite. But we’re okay with it since you know what kind of girl she is. She knows it better than me and understand the situation,” Jaejoong explained.

And Boa just smile while nodded, “That is our Jessica.” 

Jaejoong, who was proud to hear that just smiles too.

“Promise me that you’ll protect her no matter what.” Suddenly BoA became more serious as she speaks.

“Yes, I’ll protect her with my life,” 

“Trust me, things will getting tougher and tougher in the future. Just remember what you promise me today. That girl is too precious to be hurt,” Now, with no smile on BoA’s face, she sounds like she’s giving him a threat. 

“What did you mean? You already knew that I will never hurt her no matter what, never!”
“Oneday, you’ll understand what I mean.”

#End of Flashback#

Remembering his promise with his senior, he smiled. “I want you to be happy like this, forever....”

End of Jaejoong's POV

 

 

 

------------------------------------

author says :

well, i'm sorry for the late update..

i'm not really satisfied with this chapter since, i dont know, it looks like its lack so many things..

i'm sorry...

but still hope you guys enjoy it..

and dont forget to drop a comment ok...

thank you my luvly subscribers~~~

 

@smurfette

i cannot send you th pm on ssf since i dun know why..

its said the pm system prob..

but it's okay rite since you're reading it here.. ^^