Chapter two : Care or Love

♫ Sunbae... Saranghae ♥

 

“Oppa, are you okay?” Jessica is still trying to make sure Jaejoong is okay.

 

Suddenly, Jaejoong take out the neat blue envelope that smells really good from his bag, and giving it to Jessica.

 

“What is it?” asked Jessica, confuse.

 

“Donghae asked me to give it to you,” he slowly said that but it is still can be heard by Jessica.

 

Jessica who finally gets the point of the letter, suddenly become silent. No story to tell, no question to ask. She just walked by his side without saying anything, so does he.

 

“Sica-ah, anyeong,” A tall skinny girl just waved to Jessica who walk pass the main door.

 

“Yah!! Choi Sooyoung! You’re here! How’s your training?” Jessica then run toward Sooyoung who is ready to hug her. Since Jaejoong doesn’t want to interrupt their girly moment they have there, he just go straight to a room where a vocal class will be held.

 

“Japanese is so hard. I need to do well if i want to win that Duo Audition thingy.” Smiled Sooyoung then she turned to see who’s the guy walking pass them. “Is he Jaejoong?”

 

Jessica just nodded with a poker face then dragging Sooyoung.

 

“Come on. Lets go and meet Hyoyeon. Ah, you need to meet that Yuri kid. She’s hilarious.”

 

Both of them are entering the Academy cheerfully with a lot of story in their mind.

 

After class, without joining other trainees to hang out together, Jaejoong just go straight home, avoiding Jessica as much as he can. He doesn’t want to feel awkward or to involve with Jessica and Donghae thing.

 

“I’m back,” he shouted as soon as he entered his house.

 

“Ah, Joongie-ah. Come and eat first,”

 

Jaejoong just ingnored his mom and go straight to his room. He’s not the right mood to eat, or to even think well. Landing his body on the bed, he cannot help but to think about Jessica.

 

#Jaejoong’s flashback

“You don’t have to help me. I am the one who bet, not you.” Jessica just walk faster while shouting at Jaejoong who is following her close.

 

“How can I let a girl spend her weekend night in this building alone,” Jaejoong still keep walking to catch up with Jessica.

 

Jessica enters the main dance room and start to clean, so do Jaejoong.

 

“Ah, I cannot believe that Yuri is a stupid. How can she believed Hyoyeon for almost a week!” Jessica let go of her angriness to the poor mop.

 

“You’re the one who is stupid. 2 days? Seriously? For real.. haha,” Jaejoong shakes his head.

 

“But she looks like she have the brain, you know,” Jessica still cannot believe she loss the bet.

 

“Just like you. Smart face with stupid brain,” suddenly a rag reached Jaejoong’s head which made him laugh.

 

“Just shut up and clean! You are here to help, right?” and his laugh become louder after making Jessica mad.

 

After all the cleaning, they go to eat ice-cream at the park nearby since they’re still too lazy to go home.

 

“Oppa, between us, who do you think will debut first?” Jessica asked.

 

“You,”

 

“Why,” Jessica asked, looking confused.

 

“Because you come to SM first.”

 

“Erm. But I think you are going to debut first.”

 

“Why,” Jaejoong still enjoying his ice-cream.

 

“Since you’re older. And you’re good too. Plus,..... you’re soooooo handsome, oppa,” Jessica is trying to tease Jaejoong whose face is eventually going red. Jessica the laughing out loud, “Haha, you always got shy over a thing like this even if you know that I don’t even mean it.”

 

“Stop it!! Ah, this kid,” he still look down, feeling shy.

 

“Oppa.”

 

“What is it now?”

 

“Let do a concert, now.”

 

“What?”

 

Jessica then point at the slide behind them, “You sing up there, and I become your fan here,”

 

“Don’t be...”

 

“Faster oppa.” Jessica dragged Jaejoong to the top of the slide and then she moved down. “Sing anything you want,”

 

At first, Jaejoong was hesitating to sing, but after seeing that Jessica is actually having fun now, he then decided to sing.

After finished his singing, he then cover his face, shy about it.

 

Jessica was so excited and she cannot stop clapping, “Oppa, you’ll be big someday, trust me.”

 

#End of Flashback

 

Jaejoong cannot help but to smile over the memories. And at the same time, in Jessica’s house, there is a girl who is also keep flashbacking that sweet moment, on her bed.

 

-----------------------

Free time at the academy is really the all-time favourite to all the trainees there. Most of them prefer to gather at the main dance room since it is the biggest room in the building. At a corner back, Jaejoong is still sleeping while hugging his bag. Jessica’s habit really influences him a lot. Hyoyeon, Yunho, Hyukjae, Yuri and Sooyoung are keep practicing their dance in the centre of the room. There are also a group of trainees who practicing their harmonization in songs, a group of people who chat with each other, a group of trainees who try to polish their acting skills, and a group of people who re-act the variety shows, conducted by Jungsoo.

 

Suddenly, like a flash, Junsu who come from nowhere just enter the room, waking Jaejoong from his sleep.

 

“What?” sleepy Jaejoong then open his eyes.

 

“Come, come! Follow me, guys faster,” Junsu then run out of the room, followed by Jungsoo, Hyukjae, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Yunho, Sooyoung, Changmin, Jongwoon and Sungmin.

 

Jaejoong who is just stand on his feet walk slowly, following them without knowing what actually happened. When he’s out of the room, he saw all of his friends are sneaking at the Dance Room 2.

 

Curiously, he asked, “What...” but Junsu suddenly close his mouth and pointed to the two people in Dance Room 2, which are Donghae and Jessica. His eyes became widen.

 

 

Suddenly Jessica just stand up and move toward the door, make everyone outside the room pretend like nothing happened. Some are dancing, and some are laughing like they’re talking about something funny, and there are also some of them who pretend that they’re exercising.

 

Jungsoo, who is too late to react to the situation just stood there and greet Jessica like he’s shock to see her there, “Oh Sica. Anyeong.” But Jessica just give him a weird face and go.

 

Jaejoong who is just pretending to scratch the wall try to glance at Jessica who walks straight to the main dancing room.

 

 

After they are confirm that Jessica is not there, they’re all move into the Dance Room 2 to investigate Donghae.

 

“Donghae-ah. What happened?” Yunho sit next to Donghae, try to comfort him since he looks really sad.

 

“She said she likes someone else, and like me as a brother only.” Donghae still look on the floor.

 

“She likes someone else? Who,” curious Jungsu asked. “Jaejoong-ah, don’t you know anything? You’re pretty close to her. Doesn’t she tell you anything?”

 

“No idea,” replied Jaejoong.

 

Suddenly Yuri stood up, feeling a little mad, “No idea? Like seriously, no idea?! Can’t you even guess? You’re like super close to her.”

 

Shockingly, Jaejoong just reply, “She never told me.”

 

Impatient Yuri then shout, “ Yah you!! I cannot believe it. How come you don’t know? She likes ....” but before Yuri can end her sentence, Hyoyeon immediately close , which led Sooyoung to stand up too.

 

“Ah, we gotta go. Bye guys,” Hyoyeon drag Yuri out of the room.

 

“We also know nothing. We know nothing. Bye guys.” Sooyoung bow to her own friends while walking out the room, following Hyoyeon and Yuri.

 

“These girls are weird,” Eunhyuk just doesn’t get it and Changmin just laugh.

 

“Why are you laughing? What’s so funny?” Sungmin asked.

 

“I think I know who’s that someone,” smart Changmin is really smart.

 

“Who?!!” all of them asked. Changmin smiled and walk out from the room.

 

Jongwoon who is very curious then feel frustrated, “God, that guy seriously has the brain, but he never shares.”

 

Jungsoo, who still in his own world asked, “But who is that someone? Hurm..”

 

Jaejoong suddenly stood up and walk out from the group.

 

“Where are you going?” asked Sungmin.

 

“Sleep,” without even turning back, he walked toward the main dancing room. His sleeping spot now was taken by Jessica and her pink small pillow, who is sleeping, facing the wall.

 

Jaejoong then put his pillow next to Jessica’s. He put down his head on the pillow while his body are landing in opposite direction to Jessica.

 

“Are you sleeping?” asked Jaejoong.

 

Silent....

 

“Can you hear me?” Jaejoong tried for the second time.

 

“What? I’m not in a mood to talk.” Finally, he got her reply.

 

“No worries. You don’t have to talk, just listen to me.”

 

Then another silent strikes.

 

“Donghae, that boy is a great kid. I mean, he’s really great. That guy you like, is he better than Donghae?” Jaejoong slowly talk but he knows Jessica will never reply him. “It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me about him, but, at least I want you to be with someone good, someone who is a kind-hearted guy. Because you are like ...” He paused then continue, “You are like my best dongsaeng I ever had.”

 

And the silent strikes again.

 

“Sica-ah, will you considering Donghae again. I mean, think about it again. Just one more time, please, for me?”

 

“Ermm..” replied Jessica, slowly.

 

Jaejoong then closed his eyes, ready to sleep, without even notice that tears keep falling down from a girl next to him, thinking '..... my best dongsaeng?... '

 

------------------------

 

 “Hyung, thank you! She said she’ll think about it again. Thanks for helping me.^^”

 

Jaejoong just laying down on his bed, holding his phone after reading that message from Donghae. He doesn’t even know either he is happy or not. His mind keep saying that he already did a right thing but his heart is trying hard to deny it. Jessica also try to avoid him after that day, leaving him confuse, thinking about what did he done wrong. Thinking about Jessica, her fingers suddenly move, typing a message for Jessica.

 

[i]”Hey! Wassup!!”[/i] he looked at the message and delete.

 

”What are you doing now?” and once again, he erased the message.

 

“Yah Jung Sooyeon!!”and again, the message was erased.

 

After thinking hard, he finally write”Sica-ah, oppa miss you.”

 

He stared at his phone deeply. After a while, he fell asleep, leaving the message on his phone, unsent.

 

------

Jaejoong arrived at the academy 1 hour earlier that the acting class session.

 

’Today, I’ll give 100% for this. Jessica, we will be friends forever,’he smiled at something he brought from home that is wrapped nicely, a homemade kimbab. His intention is just to make up with Jessica and become like before. Since he’s early, he tried to find an empty room before he send a message to Jessica.

 

While searching, his feet finally stop in front of the Dance Room 5 after hearing Jessica’s name is mentioned. The door is not fully close, so he hide behind the wall to eavesdropping.

 

“Seriously?!” shouted Yuri.

 

“Shhh! Don’t be so loud!” Hyoyeon tried to control Yuri.

 

“Oh sorry,but, is Sica stupid or something? She doesn’t even like him. So where is she now? Wait, I need to call her,” said Yuri.

 

Sooyoung then harshly grab Yuri’s phone from her hand, “She’s maybe at the SN cafe now since she said she’ll meet him there. And don’t even try to call her now.

 

“Why?” asked Yuri.

 

“Lets she does he own thing. I think, it is really hard for her too. And I believe she already think about this thing hundreds times. Whatever decision she made, I believe it’s the right one.

 

Yuri, who cannot control herself anymore just stood up, “Agreeing to date a person you don’t love is not a right decision! She’s going to accept Lee Donghae! It is Lee Donghae! Not Kim Jae..”

 

BAM!

 

Suddenly, all three of them are shocked by a big noise come from outside. They immediately go to see what happened.

 

“Who the hell throw kimbab here? Such a great timing,” Yuri shouted.

 

But Sooyoung’s eyes spark when she saw the food, “Oh my goodness. Yeah, great timing indeed. I am so hungry right now”

 

“What?” Hyoyeon and Yuri cannot believe what they just see.

 

“It dropped from the sky,” Sooyoung just ignore Yuri and Hyoyeon and put the kimbab back into the container. “Thanks wrapper, for protecting my food”

 

---------------------

Jessica lifelessly walk out from SN Cafe, wishing to find something that can make her feel better. Feeling like a terrible person who rejected a guy twice just make her strength go away.

 

#Flashback

 

“Sorry oppa. I cannot lie to myself, and I don’t want to give you a false hope too,” Jessica cannot hide but to show her guiltiness in front of Donghae. She doesn’t even have courage to watch Donghae’s face.

 

Donghae, who try to be positive just faking a smile, “It’s okay. I understand. Erm... is he a good person?

 

“Pardon,”

 

“That guy you like,” Donghae still faking his smile.

 

“Ahh,.. Erm, oppa. Lets go to the academy. We will be late for the acting class.” Jessica tried to avoid Donghae’s question.

 

“We’re not in the same acting class, remember.” Donghae still curious.

 

“Ah, sorry,” Jessica still cannot face Donghae.

 

“Don’t you think you need to at least comfort me at a time like this? At least I want to know what is special about that guy, that can make you rejected me, twice,” Donghae tried hard to make Jessica tell him but all he got from her is just a silent. “So you’re not going to tell me, is it ....”

 

But before he could finished his words, Jessica just burst out, “ It’s Jaejoong oppa.”

 

End of Flashback

 

Jessica shakes her head,

 

[i]’ Ahh! Why did I tell him. He’s pretty close with Jaejoong. And what if he tells him about it? Or will Donghae oppa fight with Jaejoong oppa? Ah, what did you do Jessica! You’re soo stupid.’[/i]

 

Then suddenly she saw Jaejoong, who popped up from nowhere, running toward her.

 

‘Yah Jessica. You even daydream about him now, really?’

 

And in a blink of eyes, she was already in Jaejoong’s arm. Now she knows that it is not a dream.

 

“Oppa, what happened,” she asked but Jaejoong didn’t answer her.

 

“Opp.....”

 

“I love you,”