Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice

A Destined Reverie

What was Bae Suji made of?

Sugar, spice and everything nice.

And well, her dreams?

A little more of each ingredient, and a witty ounce of Kim Myung Soo.

For walking into her dreams had now become the greatest addiction of his life.

It had been three days since he met her in the bus, three days since his first-sight love bloomed, three days since he was ordered to take extra two hours of individual practices, three days since he made friends with the still-unnerving Lee Sung Yeol and yes…three days since he first wandered in to her dreams. Afterwards, he did that every night, without missing once, and it was horrendously hard for him to keep away from walking into her mind…

…every passing second….

He couldn’t believe what had come out of himself.

The seven of them were in the van, stuck in a traffic jam, headed on the way to the tailors to give their measurements to make the clothing for their upcoming debut. And Kim Myung Soo, as though there was nothing which must be under his sheer consideration going on, was engaged in a deep slumber, all dead to the world, all fresh and alive in the realm of reverie.

In his and her dream, he was five years back in her past, and well, sitting among ten year olds, Kim Myung Soo was an over-grown dummy wearing the most eccentric expression of them all.

He couldn’t help it though. For him, this was just one bitter-sweet dream.

Auditions for the school’s choir, and Bae Suji was auditioning. This was a day dream of hers that he had walked into, a memory of hers which she was rerunning in her mind.

The Bae Suji he was seeing now was ten years old, and he wasn’t surprised; even the ten year old Suji was an absolute replica of the god’s master piece of a girl. Every single gorgeous feature of her remained the same. She seemed afraid though. She had turned chalk white and trembled hard, her deep dark eyes were opened wide and blinked faster than she usually did…

…oh what a beautiful sight…but he couldn’t approach her like he intended to while she dreamed at night for this was a day dream, he’d be thrown out of it if he surprised her while she’s awake.

Her name was called, the little girl who was Bae Suji got up on her feet and Myung Soo, well, he followed.

Through the crack of the closing door, he slithered in like a silent fish and hid himself behind a pillar. Excitement took over him; listening to her sing now had become his favorite hobby of all.

In which case, well, what he had heard her sing  the most was ‘Amazing grace’. Not that it got on his nerves or so. What concerned him was that every time she sang, she’d sound so desperate, even though its in her dreams. Was she truly lost and soughed for the hand of god? He truly couldn’t conspire the dreams and the reality. All he could do was swim through her dreams and learn it all himself.

Bae Suji was a puzzle to be solved.

As Myung Soo stood hidden behind the pillar, he listened to the conversations happening inside the hall.

He had gotten accustomed to the background of most of her dreams by now. For most of them were music involved, in which case he was completely involved in, therefore, he fed them with all his imagination, twist and turn them, painted them beautifully with all the hopes that she would wake up smiling the next day, the very thought of it always kept him content. It was, in another hand, a way of subsiding his stress, the stress that leader Gyu had been passing over to him during the past few days. However, by now he knew that Bae Suji came from a family which was not well-off, that she had a dream  to become a singer (Which, well, her repetition of amazing grace explained) and also that she wasn’t very well in her studies at school; of which Myung Soo was on the contraire. Dreams do teach people loads of things.

…the fact that Amazing grace was actually a poem, not a song…for an instance.

The piano began to play, yet again, Suji’s divine youthful voice filled the warm, musical ambiance of the hall.  Millions of fresh cold dew drops crashed and virtually drenched every heart and soul inside the hall.

That was what Bae Suji and her amazing grace could do to you.

But the implausible judge-board wasn’t satisfied with her singing, claiming that it was too naïve. That very moment Myung Soo decided he’d hate them for the rest of his life. Whatever she did was beautiful, which was of his thorough belief, he couldn’t exactly decipher what they meant by naïve. Besides she was only ten, what on earth did they expect?

The rest they driveled were absolute nonsense in his ears, for he understood virtually nothing regarding classical music, what he eventually understood was that she was asked to sing again.

And yes, she did, this time it was ‘you raise me up’.

In his dreams, Myung Soo closed his eyes and allowed his heart to sway. If it wasn’t for his dream, he could have been taken years reverse in his life. ‘You raise me up’. The specialty the whole song held in his life was tremendous. He thought of the stars, the wind, and the slow hum of it as the drapes danced over the opened window. He still remembered them, the nights he spent there in his mother’s embrace; he was young then, implausibly young, and feared to sleep for all that dominated his dreams were all kinds of ferocious beasts. What was worse?  All of them, horrendously, happened to be people. At the age of ten, Myung Soo was a brutally victimized by bullying, thus he’d have nightmares of them, every single night, he was afraid to sleep but his darling mother, without a blink of a sleep would hold him tightly in her hands, in her unwavering love and sing to him, slowly, soothingly in his ears…

‘You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be’

The aura inside the entire hall was the kind he could imagine only after the emergence of an angel, everything seemed soothing, and white, and glowed. Just as she slowly, lovingly, spacifingly hit the final chords of the song with an angelic hymn, Kim Myung Soo lost his mind.

He forgot that it was a dream, a day dream, more specifically.

Without thinking once, he twirled around, flashing his signature oh-to-die-for Disney prince smile and began his own witty round of an applause.

Everything happened so soon.

The judge board, with grim, ferocious eyes glared at the unknown intruder as if their next plan was to jerk his head off, the hall teacher seemed to be in a mere proximity to a silent death, her hand pressed on her chest, and Bae Suji…

Well, Bae Suji…his wonderful, honey-le sweet and drop-dead gorgeous Bae Suji…

… simply turned around, just like that, and let out a loud gasp which was a ghastly shriek in his ears, Thus, everything vanished…

And he fell, thrown out.

That was the biggest mistake that he had ever done in his whole history of being the boy who painted dreams; not that he particularly regretted it, but good gracious! How could he be that so inconsiderate?

In real life, when he finally organized his mind subsequent to the great after-shock, what his dead-panned eyes happened to meet with was the Maknae Lee Sung Jong, staring down at him, surprised.

He particularly disliked this one, owing to the preliminary reason of him taking up the position of the youngest which, prior to him, Kim Myung Soo held. Myung Soo ignored his concerned gaze; such a good one he was, that Lee Sung Jong, but Myung Soo always, always hated him for taking up his position. Later he realized what his massive eyes gawk actually meant. He had literally slid off the seat, he was literally on the carpet. Blushing, Myung Soo sat back, cursing himself for ruining it. He should have simply held himself back from the great impulse to cheer for her. He should have known better, Bae Suji, virtually had no idea what on earth he was to appear in just about every single one of her dreams!

He should show her, sooner or later before anything could get worse. Before he got obsessed, which he already was, substantially.

The vehicle rounded the corner and came to a halt.

As it happened, Bae Suji had gotten into him a lot more than any other addiction that he had ever gotten himself into for the seventeen years of his life. He was of the clingy variety; if there was any phenomenon that had been caught in his utter fondness, which, in particular would never escape Myung Soo who would be constantly lingering around like curd and treacle, which elaborated why he appeared in every single one of her dreams…

…or if there was any possible way to approach her, otherwise.

Now, for an instance, while he was in a foot wear boutique, trying out what suited him, he stared down at the coordi-noona’s red head, wondering how it would be like if this was the tale of Cinderella.

If that was the case, of course, he’d be down there, putting on the shoes on her beautiful slender feet…

…or staring at them, for that matter.

He shook his head hard. His dreaming, day dreaming had now come up to the state of fantasizing. One main reason, he was forbidden, strictly forbidden to do the lunch duty unless he was accompanied by someone, and someone would mostly imply Nam Woohyun…

He’d rather drown in the Antarctic’s.

And not seeing Bae Suji in person for three days was factually like not having dinner for three nights, he was barely alive in his own world, not that he could literally complain, and be banned from leaving the dorm curbs to make things worse.

But he dreamed, alright. He dreamed and dreamed at his heart’s content, painted her dreams in all the ways he wanted.

And Bae Suji had the weirdest of all the dreams that he had walked into.

“Myung Soo…Myung Soo”

He looked up, surprised by the hand waving crazily over his face; leader Gyu, and his signature sour face, tiny eyes glaring down with anger.

“Would you step out now? We don’t have the whole day!”

Myung Soo was immediately put to the state where he wondered if she actually had anger issues. Well, Leader Gyu always had it, going around basically every corner of the house, blasting off at literally every living being and that certainly wasn’t pleasant, one would want to feel offended, or angry in return, but worse came when he’d come around with happy faces and all around apologies let alone millions of excuses, most of them being his stress. Myung Soo forgave him each time, though. He loved him, he wouldn’t deny it, the lovely tiny eyed leader Hyung who hogged at people’s faces with no particular, considerate reasons; he just loved him with all the respect.

And of course, Bae Suji, shining like a cherry blossom could never be a female version of Kim Sung Gyu. Although several of her dreams were undeniably uncongenial and well, weird, what ran in her mind implied how much of a honey-le blossom she was. And her smile, oh! That smile…how could it belong to someone with a short temper? And of course Leader Gyu had forgotten how to smile, at least really smile, not the unfriendly curve of his lips which meant nothing, really. But Suji…Myung Soo had no words to explain how warm and fuzzy he feels whenever he saw her smile in his and her dreams…

He’d ultimately end up thinking of flowers…and spring…and cupcakes…and cotton candy…oh and teddies and rabbits and ‘Winnie the pooh’ and all the fluffy fluffy nice things that existed on planet earth itself. He couldn’t be any weirder, he knew, and felt offended of himself at time, but conversely…oh what Bae Suji and her dreams and her amazing grace on repeat could do to him!

When the boys were taken to take their measurements, sitting next to a very annoying Maknae and a Yeol, Myung Soo’s fidgety mind drifted away, wondering off about what her favorite color might be.

Pink. Definitely pink.

Involuntarily, he gave the Maknae a sour look. The kid really needed to grow up for he certainly wasn’t a girl, or Bae Suji ( He could never be her, no one in the world could ever be her) but Sung Jong just wouldn’t understand. What on earth would his Barbie pink jumper set and screams in retort to Sung Yeol’s annoyance could imply otherwise?

But Pink was definitely Suji’s color, he had seen it in her dreams to top off his assumptions. There was this once, where she danced around in a pink net fluffy dress down to her knees, those slender long legs moving diligently, hair swaying playfully under the faint sunlight, but her smile was enough of brilliance to light up his whole world. And right that moment…cotton candy was definitely the word. He wondered where he could get a Pegasus from so that he could kidnap this angel and fly off to cloud nine…

He was called in, which Sung Yeol informed him with a harsh push, literally landing him on his , for the next few minutes, he decided to think of nothing, absolutely nothing at all..

Nothing along the line of her height…160 centimeters maybe?

...Or the size of her waist…definitely around twenty five

…or the width of her chest…now now Kim Myung Soo, that was way too far

False attempt though. For Kim Myung Soo ended up thinking of her once more. What being in love do to a person?

 What being in love do to Kim Myung Soo?

This would be easy of a matter though, for Kim Myung Soo, if there was anything for him to be worldly, well, transparent, and witty, and dazed…and tuned out of leader Gyu’s voice. Leader Gyu had so many things running in his mind to say to make mass announcements with, in the van, and after each trip, he was mostly definitely to make those, which would always, always be something to do with their upcoming debut or his stress and how the members, particularly Nam Woo Hyun, Jang Dong Woo and Kim Myung Soo shouldn’t climb up his nerves and get him to the edge for the outcome wouldn’t at all be nice. Besides the seven of them, being as young as they were, wouldn’t leave a place without, well, an impression, which Myung Soo happened to make, victoriously while being measured for his clothing.

Quoted, mercilessly by Kim Sung Gyu as though he’d spat on latter’s oh-so-alluring façade; “Noona, you like cotton candy?”

That, however, wasn’t that bad of a question to ask, cotton candy? Who wouldn’t? Unless, of course, the following question was followed by a very nicely said; “There’s a girl, she’s like cotton candy”

Kim Myung Soo literally, literally offended the name of womankind. How could any girl be like cotton candy? What poetic value did the very phrase had? Well, Myung Soo couldn’t decipher its meaning clearly though, he was waiting for Sung Gyu to enlighten him which he didn’t, ultimately, instead, being very conservative, he commenced his lecture on how the seven of them should treat the female staff nice with a smile (yeah, who’s talking) and drivel the nicest and the rest…well, Myung Soo had tuned out.

Bae Suji’s day dreams were the best. Oh, and her crazy infatuation of banana boats. She was day dreaming on how she would have one after lunch at the moment. Oh how badly he wished he could share it with her? Just getting the chance to sit by her side would be nice, especially while he wasn’t a big ice cream fan, or bananas for that matter, he’d give anything in the world to do just that.

Yet Sung Gyu’s frequency of voice wasn’t very hard for his ears to mechanically tune in. He was the lead vocals anyway. If his voice couldn’t cause major impacts on people, how on earth could he land himself there?

He ended the speech with a blind blink of his tiny eyes, a horrendous glare, pointing of his index finger and a well phrased; “Myung Soo, lunch duty with Sung Yeol”

If Sung Yeol didn’t whisper into Woohyun’s ear his comments on certain coordi-noona’s legs, screw you Lee Sung Yeol, screw you…

Like they held no real importance in the world, Myung soo and Sung Yeol were thrown out of the van while the rest sat comfortably inside (leader Gyu was, of course, stressed) a few feet away from the food cart.

Nothing in the world could explain the loud thudding of his heart…no…maybe Bae Suji would be able to enlighten him, if she ever bothered to show up.

“You’re so stupid, L, how did you end up buying Bulgogi? You put in your money like that?” Sung Yeol was saying, to which the latter wasn’t paying much attention. Instead, Myung Soo’s eyes hectically moved over every single face of school girls passing by, searching for one in particular. He felt as though Christmas had arrived. He waited for ages, ages just for this one opportunity to come over here, the very place he met his dream girl, and see her one more time.

If he’d see her now, it would be Christmas for him forever.

“But, on the other hand, it wasn’t that bad…” Sung Yeol said as the two reached nearer. Myung Soo, in contrast, was wondering whether it was his heart beat or leader Gyu knocking on his door every morning was the loudest. Everything had gone cold even under the grim spring rays that raved the pastel blue sky, he couldn’t concentrate on anything, anything else that possibly existed on earth…

…particularly Sung Yeol, who’s blabbering wouldn’t just stop.

“Bulgogi is the best…and Jjimdalk, and Dukbokki…”

Myung Soo just couldn’t stand Sung Yeol’s ideas of small conversations, he had no interest whatsoever to discuss food, especially at this very moment where he was thoroughly in search for a walking talking Disney princess, but Lee Sung Yeol…screw you, screw you.

Myung Soo could literally shove a ton of Dukbokki, or a block of wood otherwise down his throat, literally.

“But gracious we’re always stuck with Kimchi fried rice! When are we ever gonna be rich???”

He then decided to completely tune him out. Myung soo loved Lee Sung Yeol, for heaven’s sake he did, oddly enough, but he was never ever going to take this irrelevance as congenially conceivable.

And just then, just as the two boys arrived at the cart, a group of school girls happened to pass by. He wouldn’t deny the fact that his heart would be unbelievably restless whenever that happened, just bringing his hopes up for one particular face to turn up before his presence…just once…wouldn’t that be simply wonderful?

It wasn’t his day though. Bae Suji, with most probability must have sensed him by some eccentric sense to hide away from his stalking heart. Well he literally stalked her through her dreams. Who to be blamed if she never turned up?

Not that she could predominantly be aware of the sheer fact of him being here, or of his existence, for that matter.

He returned to the existence only when he felt a warm hand on his shoulder. Sung Yeol gave him a light squeak. “You seem dazed…is everything alright?”

Myung Soo gave a quick distinct nod. “Yeah…all right”

Sung Yeol didn’t seem to buy it. Despite his juvenile choding persona, coming down to people, he was extremely vigilant and fretful, which, of course, Myung Soo didn’t accurately enjoy. He truly didn’t want another leader Gyu in his life; not that Sung Yeol gave him a hard time, at least not as hard as leader Gyu was liable to give him, but he just wished if people could really leave him alone with whatever he had running in his mind.

Given that dreams and wandering into them was of nobody’s concern. Or rather, they shouldn’t be.

Sung Yeol drew in a long breath through his teeth and stared straight ahead out at the passing crowd. “Guess I’d do the purchasing, or you’d buy something completely out of the blue”

“Whatever” Myung Soo retorted half-heartedly. Not that he was predominantly concerned anyway.

“Anyway” Continued Sung Yeol in a rather grave tone in his voice, just as a couple of high-school girls passed by. He wondered if there was an all-girls school around the block, he didn’t have much memory of one being around though. In that case, he couldn’t in fact remember where his own school was. More than that, the high-school girls more or less distracted him that his eyes simply followed them until they disappeared. Not even he could believe how far his balmy infatuation had gone already, to the extent where he was plotting on kidnapping the girl…oh! Now that would be very, very appropriate…

“Myung-I mean-L, What was that about?” Sung Yeol asked, which, in his ears, sounded so far.

“What was what about?” He returned without any concern. Sung Yeol cleared his throat.

“The girl who is like cotton candy? The one whom you mentioned to the coordi-noona?”

Myung Soo paused on his tracks, frozen like a block of frost in the middle of the spring and turned to the latter. “Eh?” Oh, so you noticed.

Sung Yeol smiled. “Well that can’t certainly be her…or any other coordi-noona, they’re way too old for you! How old are you again? Sixteen? Seventeen?”

By then, Myung Soo had quietly tuned out once more.

Or he couldn’t tune in again…or he wasn’t of this world anymore.

He never imagined that the halo of an angel could be this so blindingly bright, but just when his petty yet profound wishes came true right before his very eyes, he just couldn’t decipher what was real and what was of his precious dreams. She was nothing but an undeniably, inexorably beautiful dream in his eyes, and just when, just when she appeared before his eyes…he knew, for a certainty that he would never take it in any other way.

And in less than a millisecond, Myung Soo found himself floating slowly like a feather, swaying gently in the breeze, heart stopped in ecstasy as every fluffy and wonderful marvel came rushing into his mind. He thought of flowers, rabbits and cuddly kittens, stars, balloons and pink ribbon bows, cupcakes teddies and cotton candy…and Bae Suji…

Bae Suji…who’s smile was brighter than the rainbow…Myung Soo was head over heels in love.

But he couldn’t be seen; some instinct, a voice deep in his head uttered to him the sheer fact of the liability of her freaking out, seeing him, just like that, just an hour or so later after he out of the blue appeared in her day dreams; his greatest mistake, thus he shouldn’t be within her visible distance. At least until he’d have her explained.

Myung Soo quickly reached back and pulled the hood of his shirt over his head, hiding himself in its darkness once more, and lowered his head.

Which the very troubled Sung Yeol noticed the very instant. “L? You alright?”

He was not, darn he just was not! But he tried his best to keep a straight face as he gave the other a sincere nod.

Sung Yeol turned away. “Weird. I’ll place the order. Coming?”

Myung Soo retorted solely with a shrug and followed after his new-found friend, while his eyes, well his eyes still followed after Bae Suji, who joined the queue to the cart, just a few feet away…

…Myung Soo had the sudden impulse to run to her, take her hand and run off to a fairy land.

As they got closer, for some, some strange reason, the two were just behind her, and her friend who certainly wasn’t Korean, beautiful in her own way, not as beautiful as Suji was though…Myung Soo’s eyes firmly remained on her, tracing every inch, every particle of this one striking living existence.

And strangely enough, the surrounding was scented of the summer and wonder. He in took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Being in love, it was the best feeling he had ever come across in his life.

And it was simply the best explanation for what his wildly beating heart implied with every second which passed by, just as he stood there, minutes apart from her. What if he suddenly did something out of the world? Something irrational? He had to be undercover, and the best option was Lee Sung Yeol.

Conversely, he had to have the best view of the angel, he wouldn’t live through the day otherwise.

The line moved on.

“How many portions are we to buy by the way?” Sung Yeol was asking as he stepped ahead. “Are the manager Hyungs joining us? Did Gyu Hyung say anything?”

Myung Soo shook his head with absolutely no concern. It wasn’t as though he cared for whatever they bought. He had no appetite even, the very appearance of Bae Suji had filled up the void inside him, and he’d rather sit here and watch her shine throughout the entire day if he had to.

The line moved along until it was only Suji, her friend, Sung Yeol and Myung Soo were the only ones left. By then he had gone completely cold inside, was sweating like a pig, breathing hitched, and every fuse in his brain were malfunctioning. Any closer, he might as well die.

Just as the previous day, she ordered Bulgogi, and he knew, just that moment, that Bulgogi would be his favorite food of all. His infatuation? It had gone far beyond the point. Next thing he’d know was he’d be running away from home, searching for whatever the fairytale that she had stepped out from.

His heart fell when she moved away, but noticed it the very instant, Bae Suji was dazed.

He just wished it was entirely his doing, which might as well was, walking into her dreams almost every night…how would he feel like to dream about the very same person for three days in a row?

He could guarantee the very fact regarding himself though. He’d be in love.

The two young men were in the front of the line, facing the pleasant façade of the food tender. Sung Yeol gave him a smile.

“What would you want young master?”

Bulgogi, Bulgogi, Bulgogi…even if this were the final day of my existence, it would be the only food I’d ever have the appetite to taste…

His obsession was just too much.

“Bulgogi” Myung Soo accidentally blurted out.

“Eh?” Sung Yeol exclaimed as though Myung Soo just announced that he were about to commit suicide, his eyes were as big as dishes. He realized his mistake. Again? How could he be so inconsiderate and transparent?

Myung Soo quickly stepped back, pondering of all possible ways to disappear. So this must be what had happened the other day, he must have been in his dreams!

Sung Yeol was giving him the sorest look that could ever appear on his face as he pushed him away. “You’re crazy…get away, I’ll buy”

Myung Soo answered to his wishes by burying his hands deep in his pockets and moving further away. His heart was still, still beating at its fastest pace, a soundless marathon as his eyes sneaked for a simplest trace of her, being only a few feet apart from the sheds, his eyes didn’t take too long to merely land themselves on utter beauty, his heart stopped beating, his mind fell into ecstasy.

He had to hold back the horrendous impulse of eloping his dorm and Sung Gyu’s merciless conquering with her, that very night, just staring at her gave goose bumps all over him. How could she sit there, still as a block of marble and throw his heart right down the edge at the same time?

And the prime reason why Suji sat as stiff as stone? More or less, Kim Myung Soo was on the blame.

He didn’t mind taking up the entire responsibility of messing up the youthful mind of Bae Suji at all, in fact, he’d be honored to if he were to be credited of his doing; which was, somehow, the trophy of his victory for finding a tiny space in her heart for himself. If she had already given him this particular position, Myung Soo wasn’t too sure. If only one could fall in love with her dream…

…But of course, for Kim Myung Soo, each and every dream he had was the sheer reality of his life.

Leaving Sung Yeol to deal with whatever the business he was involved in, Myung Soo slowly inched towards the shed, keeping himself well hidden. He had just gotten himself a chance of a life time, an opportunity that he could never turn his back to, thus Kim Myung Soo, the very indomitable personnel who’d give anything and everything to take his chances made his way towards a narrow pillar just a few feet away from Bae Suji sat and peeked through a crack of light, admiring the aspects of feminine glory.

Bar Suji wasn’t smiling though. Along with the vanishing facets of the afternoon of a fine summer day, her smile had disappeared, being replaced with a deprived uncongenial frown. Her lips remained in a straight line as she sat, her chin pressed against the balls of her palm, staring at nothing in particular, her mind far far away.

And most probably, after a very very long time, her mind had drifted away to somewhere where a certain mysterious, weird, pestering young human progeny didn’t haunt her soul.

Her friend sat right before her. Unleashed on the plastic surface of the table were several school note-books and stationary items; Suji was half-mindedly fidgeting with one of the articles as she sat still as stone.

Myung Soo felt a tad bit offended. Was he the preliminary reason for her behavior? If so, why should it be the sheer reason for it?

Simply quoted; why should any girl be deprived or agitated by a perfect human-or angelic, what could she know-progeny haunting her dreams, daydreams, or her entire moral life? Wouldn’t that be what any girl would love to have in her life? Her very own prince charming, wandering in her dreams?

Yet perhaps, for Bae Suji, the case was utterly different.

A rush of guilt shifted past his heart. Myung Soo bit his lip.

Seeing it now. What he had been doing for the past three days was wrong, selfish and completely out of the order of the moral elements. He could paint dreams alright, he could change them for congenial purposes, for the goodness of the innocent dreamer, but in this case, what he did was completely wrong. What he had been doing was indulging his own mental desires, conspiring elements illegitimately thus they would ultimately fall into his own goodness, he didn’t think of how his scheme would affect her. He was being too selfish all along.

Yet, he almost died…no, factually died after what he heard her voice out, in her or so beautiful voice which he had heard singing amazing grace for god knows how many times…

Maybe it’s fate. Maybe god had decided where his heart should end up.

“Jia” She called out as Myung soo held his position hiding behind an iron pillar which hardly even covered his frame. The other girl who certainly held aspects of a descendant of Chinese habitat looked up while chewing ceaselessly on the rubber but of her pencil. “Eh?”

Suji’s eyes diverted to her direction as an unreadable expression clouded her beauty. “I’m confused”

The other, who was supposedly named Jia raised her brows. “Confused?”

Suji nodded in retort. “Yeah…I think…I think I’m becoming schizophrenic”

Myung Soo almost collapsed behind the iron pillar just as the sound of something soft hitting the plastic surface erupted. Jia had dropped her pencil. He heard her let out a distant chuckle. “Really? Why would that be?”

Myung Soo held his breath. Would she say it? Would she say that she had been having nightmares where a strange young man dressed constantly in black apparel saved her back from just about all the situations she got into in her dreams and that she was so agitated therefore ultimately she had been having strong impulses to kill herself?

Now that was seriously out of the question…   

Yet, instead of driveling any such thing which had anything to do with his illogical assumptions, she spoke her heart out.

“I…” Suji released a distinct sigh as Jia, and the unknown intruder hiding behalf of his prodigy waited impatiently for her to continue.

And she did…with an expression completely unknown to the materialistic realm…

“Jia, I…I think I-,”

Or almost did…

If Lee Sung Yeol never happened…

“Hey! Myung-L”

If finding a massive hammer and pinning him drastically into the soil was the most rational, possible thing to do right now, or tying him on to a burning car and pushing it into a river was just as likely enough, Kim Myung Soo would do just that.

“Kim Myung Soo! Where on earth-!!”

Lee Sung Yeol was apparently the loudest, the most annoying, the most nerve wrecking idiot of all the possible idiots of the whole group. If he could let him know just that, Myung Soo would never regret being as frank as he wanted to.

Did he just have to do what he did just now?

And did he…did he have to approach him? Just like that?

With his head pounding with rage and with a raving impulse of pulling every inch of hair off his scalp, Myung Soo took the last of his chances to steal one last glance of the girl that he’d dream every night. She was there, stuck and mostly definitely searching for where the bothersome male voice was erupting from; Myung Soo was thinking of every possible way of jerking the idiot’s head off. He could hear him alright. Making mass announcements voicing out his name was just as irrelevant, unnecessary; would there ever be a point where Lee Sung Yeol actually show the world that he were a grown man?

Myung Soo jumped forwards just as a pair of hands landed harshly on both of his shoulders, he literally hopped out of his skin. But what made things worse….

Myung Soo changed his mind about Lee Sung Yeol that very instant. He wasn’t the considerate best friend of his anymore. Lee Sung Yeol was the annoying camel who’d show off his gummy teeth at him from every corner that he’d pass by, giving him the very worse time of his life.

Myung Soo raised his eyes, and Bae Suji did so too…

Two pairs of hazel eyes met…

And the world stood still in time….