teasers

The Master's Sun: Children of The Night§ - (Stopped)

 

             teaser one              

two little girls held hands as they ran into the classroom just as the bell sounded for the start of lessons. they were both in kindergarten and the smaller girl was a new addition to the already established class. she had just returned to seoul after staying in mokpo for a couple of years. the elder led the younger to adjoining seats near the windows and gestured for her to make herself at home. "younju unnie.." the younger glanced hesitantly at the seat. "neh? just call me younju!" the elder beamed and patted the seat beside her, reassuring the former. "eunji-ah it's fine! just put your backpack down.. class is starting soon!" younju lept over a stray chair and helped the other stuff her backpack into the lockers, as the younger rushed to give her a hand as well.

after greeting the teacher, the class set about to do up an artpiece with paint and marbles. younju patiently guided the younger in mixing the colours and rolling the marbles in the paint. eunji was in awe of the older girl and this was evident in how she looked to younju for confirmation before completing each step of the instructions given by the teacher. younju could sense it too and she welled up with pride, determined to set a good role model for the younger. it was the first time eunji was experimenting with paint; her brother had always given her chalk and crayons at home. she dipped three marbles in different coloured paints and dropped them in a box containing a piece of blank paper. "unnie, you roll!" she held out the box and  younju smiled at her comical face with paint streaks across her cheeks. "just call me younju, eun~ let's shake the box together!" younju supported the box and gave a light shake as eunji tilted the box this way and that, seeing brightly-coloured trails appearing on the paper.

eunji was naturally a bright and approachable girl who could get along well with everybody. however, that first day when she set foot into the kindergarten in seoul, she was immediately attracted to this tomboy-ish girl. it may be because of her gentle gaze which promised a sense of security that eunji had immediately felt welcomed. this was probably also what triggered the innate desire to explore this special connection. at first, eunji was uncertain about sticking with younju as the latter was a tomboy-ish girl, rather different from eunji herself. but there was an aura around her that even the spirits could feel, as evidenced by how a couple of innocent child sprites hovered around her. eunji could see them and wondered if she should alert younju. 

tumblr_mbr36zHh991rcqvpfo1_500.png

"younju unni- ahh I meant younju-ah, do you know.." one of the child sprites turned towards eunji and shook her head lightly. "neh?" younju was focused on her work and did not see eunji staring into empty space. "ahh aniyo.. do y-you want to have l-lunch together l-later?" eunji deftly changed the subject. the sprite nidded approvingly at eunji and mouthed, "we'll protect her.." eunji was evidently puzzled by the sprite's sudden revelation but nodded as she registered them as guardian angels. but why did younju have these guardian angels while the rest didn't? eunji looked around at the rest. an old lady ghost reading newspapers by the teacher's desk.. a few young spirits playing catching around the entire school compound.. a loitoring apparition that hovered around a little girl.. "is that her late father?" eunji thought to herself. there were significantly fewer ghosts here, considering they were in a large school compound, but none stuck to any of the children in particular except for these couple of sprites and even so, they were different. the usual ghosts dressed in daily clothes; eunji suspected that they never changed out of what they died in; but these two sprites were dressed in white, flowing robes like those of ancient greece.. "unless they were from then? how old would they be now if they hadn't died?" eunji tried to make sense of her sudden discovery.

"eun~" eunji snapped out of her stupor and found younju waiting for her at the door. "lunchtime now!" younju ran back and grabbed eunji by the wrist before leading her to the dining area. "the lunch-lady might have saved some chocolate for us today!" eunji squealed in glee. as the two girls ran into the cafeteria, eunji noticed that the guardian angels had fallen back. "how long more does she have?" one of the sprites turned to the other solemnly when the two girls were out of earshot. "it's destiny," the other replied, "eunji.. that girl.. she was not supposed to find younju.. this might complicate plans.. that girl does not have much time left.." "still, we must try our best to protect her.. for as long as we can." the former vocalized as they gazed at the two little children tottering to the tables carrying their lunch trays.

"I promise."


co-author's note:     heyyyy so I've discussed with author-nim and we've decided to write teasers for all the applicants! \o/ so here's the first teaser featuring seo eunji! ^^ it's my first time writing I hope it's acceptable! (: I'm still currently in the middle of university entrance examinations but it has let up a bit so I have relatively more time to write now hehheh ahhh and author-nim has important examinations coming up next week too so I'll be holding down the fort these two weeks hahaha goodluck sherrrr! ^^ and I've gotten the second teaser down.. I'll post it soon ^^ do tell me what y'all think won't ya? (: thankyou so much for sticking by although we haven't updated much orz. I swear this is going to pick up after the end of my examinations /pinky promises ooooh and apply won't y'all? ^^ wolf, over and out /bows

 

             teaser two              

"hyeryung-ah.. promise me you'll get better.." the little girl of thirteen pleaded with her bedridden friend. hyeryung had contracted chronic myelogenous leukemia two years prior and has entered the blastic phase two months ago. the chemotherapy consisting of consolidation and post-induction therapy did not seem to work and hyeryung's condition had worsened ever since. hyeryung gave a weak smile and nodded, finding it too strenuous to utter a reply. the chemotherapy had not helped her in the least and yet it appears to have worn her out even more. "can I tell you a story? I had a dream. it was frightening. we made a promise. we promised to travel the world and see shooting stars together. I get dressed up and put on our friendship necklaces.. but the thing is, I couldn't remember where I was supposed to meet you. I started to panic. I really wanted to see you, ryung, but I didn't know where to go. I started running through dimly-lit corridors and deserted alleys, when I realized I couldn't run any longer.. I-I just wanted to see you so badly.. so I screamed "ryung, don't leave me! where are you?" and begged for you to come back. then I woke up. I was crying.." haneul choked back a sob. "I'm sorry. you don't have to say anything. I just felt like I had to tell you.."

for the first time that day, hyeryung spoke up. "it was just.. a dream.. it doesn't.. mean anything. don't worry about it.. rai.." "..I guessed you're right" but haneul sniffed as she held hyeryung's hand even tighter than before. "how about.. this.. I'll.. be here.." hyeryung croaked with much difficulty. haneul propped the former up with a pillow and looked at her expectantly. "the reason.. you couldn't.. find me was because we h-haven't.. promised yet.." "promised?" haneul whispered. "I'll be waiting.. for you.. if you come here.. you'll find me.. I p-promise.." hyeryung held up a pinky and weakly sealed the promise with a tearing haneul. "promise.." "can you help me.. get my.. medication and c-can we share.. a g-green tea ice-cream?" hyeryung pointed towards the door. haneul nodded. "yes I'll go get them. wait for me here okay!" the latter scrambled up and made a thorough check of hyeryung's medical equipment before leaving the former.

as the door swung shut, hyeryung leaned over the bedrails and retrieved an envelope from the cabinet. she extracted a hand-written letter from it and proceeded to pen down the last few sentences.

"ajusshi, one green tea ice-cream juseyo.. two spoons please. thankyou!" haneul grabbed the large cup of their favourite ice-cream and  made a beeline for hyeryung's room. her medicine clunked loudly by her side as haneul maneuvered the jam-packed corridors teeming with anxious family members. as she finally neared room 174, she heard a clang as something metallic hit the ground. haneul, on instinct, sprinted into the room as thoughts of hyeryung getting hurt flashed through her mind. once she entered, she had to do a double-take as she saw a weak hyeryung clinging onto the bedrail as the contents of the drawer spilled across the floor. "ryung!" haneul immediately slid into motion, supporting hyeryung and carrying her back to the bed before picking up the items littering the ground. "ryung I told you to be careful.. just call me if you need help!" haneul chided as she kneeled down to pick up the fallen items. a metallic box caught her eye and she reached further under the bed to retrieve the intricately-carved box. as she inspected the box, haneul failed to notice hyeryung clutching an evelope by her side, well hidden from the former. 

large.png

"what's this?" haneul gazed at the box quizzically. "open it.. it's a collection.. of o-our pictures.. together.." hyeryung managed an eyesmile. as they looked through the photographs together, haneul commented on how they were already so similar back then while hyeryung smiled in agreement. they were all bearable.. until haneul flipped to a page of them b-girling and striking poses in their hip-hop attire. she felt as if her heart was wrenched from her chest but hyeryung silently urged her to move on and continue looking through the pages. haneul and hyeryung shared a glance that managed to tell the latter how haneul missed dancing with her and the sadness in not being able to dance with the girl who had introduced her to this art form in the first place. as haneul neared the last page, the smile on hyeryung's face grew wider as she pointed at an empty spot. haneul immediately understood and swiped the instant camera from its perch on the bedside table. "smile~" haneul tilted her head as hyeryung poked her cheek mischievously. haneul and hyeryung shared spoonfuls of green tea ice-cream as they waited for the photograph to develop. "it's done~" haneul waved it in the air excitedly. "isn't it nice? it's the nicest so far right?" hyeryung beamed and nodded silently as both stuck the photograph on the page. hyeryung's head rested on haneul's shoulder. haneul flipped the last page.

hyeryung had known that she wasn't going to make it.  

as they carted hyeryung's stiff body to the mortuary, haneul finally caught sight of the white envelope still clutched in hyeryung's hand. her hand was still warm. as haneul looked around the room that they had shared before hyeryung was hospitalized, she retrieved a newly bounded book from a drawer before clutching it to her chest. hyeryung had stated in the letter that the book was for haneul. for her to create her own picture book. this time without hyeryung. she had wanted it to signal a fresh beginning for haneul and to persuade her to move on. however, haneul had felt grief tugging at her heartstrings even more violently. she staggered and collapsed to the ground as the letter slid from her fingers. "you were supposed to wait for me.. I didn't have a chance to wish you happy birthday.." the words on the letter blurred.

"I know I promised I'll always be here. it's true. I know I'll always be in your heart. and you, in mine. promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem. continue to live your life to the fullest even when I'm gone. I'll always be with you. I love you."

a heart breaks. somewhere beyond the spiritual realm, another spirit evolved.


co-author's note:     heyyyy so here's the second teaser featuring hwan haneul! ^^ my next paper's coming up soon so there most probably would be a time lapse somewhere.. but I've done up teasers three and four so I'll use them during the periods where I have examinations hehheh orz. please bear with the inconsistent updating after the fourth teaser because that's around the end of my examinations and I might not finish in time for the fifth x.x I'll try my best though! ^^ and author-nim will be back then! (: thankyou all of y'all for sticking by! <3 and do apply (: there are still slots which nobody has taken yet T.T 

 

             teaser three              
 
"can you go get us something to drink from the basement?" a group of rowdy girls gushed as they turned towards their classmate. the girl nodded and her heels, gracefully walking across the jam-packed hall. it was the halloween ball and lena had gone with her class on the insistence of a few of her classmates. she was always the first person they turn to for help, but yet, does not have a specific clique she fits into because she gets along well with everyone. this would mean that she did not have any close friends as well. she was simply too busy helping others to manage her own social life. as she made her way down the dingy stairwell, she became aware that there was an inconsistent thudding coming out from one of the storerooms. she peered cautiously around the doorframe of the compartment consisting the various cartons of drinks. the noise seemed to become  louder as she ventured further into the room.
 
"do you think she knows about the prank?" a petite girl nudged the others as she gazed upon lena's retreating figure. "I don't think so.." the others quipped as they plugged in their earpieces and watch the scenario unfold on the sleek device, capturing lena's every move. on the screen, lena was shown hesitantly approaching the source of the commotion, inching herself closer to the storeroom with a stray baseball bat as protection. as she neared the room, the screen flickered ominously as the sky darkened. dark clouds shifted in place of the clear blue sky as the skyline significantly dimmed. lightning. a roll of thunder. a downpour thunderstorm was expected. as lightning struck the metallic tip of the bell tower, the lights flickered. and went out. one by one. as waiters crash into tables, toppling their dishes and party-goers bump into one another, spilling their drinks, the six girls crowding around the small screen gave an exasperated sigh as the screen turned to static. "are you kidding? it was so time-consuming to set up this elaborate plan and then we just get it ruined by - what? a thunderstorm?" the alpha of the clique ranted as the rest shook their heads.
 
in the basement, lena froze as the single swinging lamp extinguished itself. "lena, it's okay, lena, your phone.. the light from your phone.." lena bit her lip as she frantically searched for her phone. as the small screen of her phone lit up, the thudding in the storeroom dissolved into soft purring. "is that a c-cat?" in the distance, lena thought she saw smoke coming out of the storeroom. "it must be the light's playing tricks on me.." lena comforted herself. however, not a moment too soon, the mist had transformed into a discernable shape. the outline  of a human. "bwoh..?" the phone trembled in lena's hand as the flickering lights danced around the advancing figure. "d-don't come a-any nearer!" lena choked out as she cowered in fear. the figure halted and deliberately took two steps back. lena backed away slowly and as her heel touched the bottom step of the stairwell, she turned to flee.back in the basement, a forlorn figure stood, staring longingly at the spot where lena had just retreated from. for the first time in six years, he took a step beyond the boundaries he had been trapped in for the past half-decade.
 
tumblr_mbr36zHh991rcqvpfo1_500.png
 
as lena stumbled blindly in the dark with the meagre expanse of vision the sole light source provides, she could only find her way out of the stairwell because of the reverberation from the chaos ensuing in the hall. when she finally broke through the door leading to the hall, she gave a sigh of relief as she saw familiar faces coupled with torchlights and multiple streaks of light dancing across the walls. still wary, though, lena decided to head straight home. as she slung her bag over her shoulder in one florid movement, the clique advanced on her. "d-did anything happen d-down there?" curious faces stared at her. "a-aniyo.. just that the lights w-went out.. and I forgot about my curfew.. I have to go now.. please excuse me." lena pushed past them gently and made a beeline to the school gates. once away from familiar faces, she broke into a sprint, navigating the dark alleys and deserted streets with ease. when she finally reached home and bolted the doors, she could feel her heart palpitating rapidly in her chest. she was still shaken up. as she leaned against the doorframe, panting and reaching in her bag for a piece of tissue, the air shifted around her.
 

she stopped short as phantom hands s over ."don't s-scream. I won't hurt you.. I'm henry."


co-author's note:     heyyyy so this is the third teaser featuring cho lena! ^^ gahh I'm so sorry the teasers are all so background-based.. but it's to build the foundation for the characters after so I won't have to touch on these pedantic stuff once the story starts hehheh.. the story would start exactly when the girls receive the letter and it'll be straight off to school for them! (: so it'll definitely pick up then! ooh and I had a sudden inspiration-boost so the fifth teaser is done yayy! ^^ and meanwhile.. we're still waiting for applicants x.x anybody interested in applying? :o do comment to give us a heads-up maybe? (: and thankyou all for sticking by~

 

             teaser four              
 
"she's awake.. she's awake.." dini woke up to a chorus of voices calling her name. "di..di.. can you hear me?" a warm hand clasped dini's as dini was roused from her slumber. as dini's eyes fluttered open, the world came into focus. the first thing she noticed was a girl staring at her from the foot of the bed. the girl gave a timid wave and a tilt of her head. dini was in a trance. "w-who are you?" she whispered as the apparition floated through the bed to stand by her side. "don't you remember? we were together for a whole month while your soul was wandering about." the little girl placed an open palm on dini's forehead. "see?" swirls clouded dini's vision as the image in her mind warped and transformed. dini saw. she remembered. before she could reply, though, her train of thoughts was broken by the immense silence that filled the room. "why am I here..?" dini questioned, still groggy. "you were in a traffic accident, don't you remember?" dini was pulled back to reality as her brother spoke. "we thought your soul was trapped in your body.. we couldn't see you anywhere.. we didn't know that claudine extracted your soul from the wreck.." jinwoon glanced at the little girl.
 
"w-wait.. claudine? you can see her?" dini gaped in astonishment, almost bolting upright if not for the multiple tubes and wires holding her in place. jinwoon pushed her back down gently. "how do I put this.. this.. uhh.. ability we have here.." he gestured vaguely, "is genetically passed down. we thought that the genes skipped you.. but now I believe not. even if it was meant to skip you.. I guess the accident has altered your genes.." "yes.. we all can see spirits. the only difference is that we all could see them from young. you were not meant to see them if you were not born with it." her mother added, "but because of this accident, we believed it has altered your genes, unfortunately. how inconvenient." the acknowledgement of her newly-acquired ability was casual, with a pinch of salt. dini gave a sigh of disbelief as she struggled to come to terms with this newfound trivia. as she thought back on her past nine years of her life, she finally understood. she had always been too busy and focused on her own path to realize that her family was different. she had, for nine long years, overlooked these blatant signs.
 
tumblr_mbr36zHh991rcqvpfo1_500.png
 
flashback. jinwoon had always talked to himself, or so dini thought. dini recounted various scenarios where she had walked in on jinwoon speaking to mid-air and gesturing to himself. she had always believed him when he said it was a habit to help him remember things better. now she understood. she recalled how her family always collected leftover scraps from the dinner table conscientiously and without fail. she had found the habit to be rather peculiar. and a sudden thought came to her. "the leftover scraps y'all keep after dinner.. what do y'all do with them?" her mother and brother exchanged wary glances. finally, jinwoon spoke up. "we fed it to the strays." "the strays? d-dogs you mean?" dini's lips quivered.  jinwoon nodded helplessly after a brief pause. "the strays have been living with us for over three years now and they haven't bitten anybody. trust me.. you've been in that house for nine whole years too and nothing's happened right?" jinwoon coaxed. however, dini glared back. "that's not an excuse.. what will I do at home if there are a dozen strays running about the h-house?! my homework.. I still h-have to s-study, you know!" jinwoon knew that dini was putting on a facade. dini was terrified of dogs and he knew it. although the idea that dini didn't want strays in the house due to them being a distraction still stood, jinwoon reasoned that dini was reacting agressively more so because of her fear of dogs. and dini wasn't one to admit either. she was a headstrong girl. everybody knew that.
 
after a few quick glances between the family, claudine finally interjected. "it wouldn't be so bad. try it. you haven't seen them.." as she spoke, she gave a light wave and disappeared through the hospital doors. "I have to be somewhere.. seeya later!" after a brief pause, jinwoon suddenly facepalmed. "claudine.. claudine's dog is one of the strays we keep in the house!" he gave a look of agony. "she must have thought that we would not welcome her into our house now.." dini was startled as well as she felt guilt washing over her. "gosh, what have I done.." she thought to herself as she grimaced. "what a start to a new beginning.." she laid back down on the pillows. "okayy.. for claudine's sake.. she's been a really good friend this one month and she's truthfully.. a better friend than anyone else I've known.. although yes I didn't have much time for friends before.. so.. I'll try.. I want claudine to be with us.." dini voiced out, surprised at the conviction in her tone. the others in the room stared in amazement. this wasn't the dini they had known before. she had a stubborn mind and wanted everything her way before. now, it was completely different. she was willing to try.. for the sake of a friend.. for others. ofcourse, they noted that dini admitted that it was the first time dini had actually tried to engage with others and claudine probably was on the same frequency as dini. jinwoon smiled at his baby sister. "the accident turned out to be a positive thing after all.." he joked as dini gave him the evil eye. internally though, she was feeling warm and fuzzy, a feeling she had not experienced before with her preoccupation with schoolwork. 

jinwoon tucked dini in as she drifted off to sleep with a slight smile plastered on her face. dini had grown up.


co-author's note:     heyyyy so this is the fourth teaser featuring ahn dini! ^^ hope you won't mind that I chose a name for the little girl ghost and kind of twisted your character's fear of dogs orz. I hope y'all like the teasers so far! (: thankyou so much for staying by our side~ oooh and author-nim ends her exams today.. congrats sherr! I have another paper tomorrow ): four essays in three hours.. whoever sets this kind of exams orz. and I have to use up at least eight pieces of papers x.x sadistic examiners GAH. but after this it'll be the end.. SALVATION c'mere quickkk! xD ..but I'm not too fond of prom.. ohmy sorry I can't contain my excitement!! /squeals and tumbles around

 
 
             teaser five             
 
"settle back down everyone!" the homeroom teacher hollered above the ruckus made by thirty ten-graders. "report cards are to be given back today!" as the class fell silent, whether due to apprehension or the want to be dismissed early, the homeroom teacher gave a slight cough. "this year, we have a 95.2% pass-rate in the entire school, but unfortunately, our class doesn't seem to have hit a 100% pass-rate." a groan reverberated through the room. minjung didn't so much as glance at the teacher. she knew she had passed. definitely. she was one of the top-notch students in the school, a model student, if you wish. but that was not the case in point right now. her grandmother had been ill for a period of time and she had missed school for a couple of weeks. her results didn't matter. she would scrape through even though her results would not be exactly perfect right now. her previous almost-perfect record made sure of that. the main reason for her anxiety was her grandmother. her grandmother had been comatose since the tragic fall that night weeks ago. minjung had been too busy and preoccupied with schoolwork to accompany her grandmother to town. it wasn't exactly her fault, but she couldn't shake off the feeling that it was indirectly because of her that her grandmother was in this state. she just wanted this all to end. pronto.  
 
"yoo minjung.. minjung.. minjung?" minjung was rudely roused from her thoughts with a poke to her ribs. no doubt that the perpetrator was her deskmate. hyunwoo cocked his head at her innocently. minjung was annoyed but knew that she couldn't blame it on him. she was out of sorts these few weeks and she had known better than to let her emotions take over. "neh.." minjung raised her hand as her sworn enemy's posse snickered as if on cue. minjung swiftly got up and went to retrieve her report card at the front of the room. the teacher gave her a knowing smile and reassuring nod while minjung silently bowed in reply. spinning on her heels, minjung returned to her seat, but not before tripping over somebody's leg stuck out from underneath the table. as minjung levelled herself, she came face-to-face with miyeon. "opps." miyeon smirked as she mock-gasped.  hyunwoo had scampered over once minjung had hurtled through the air. "are you alright?" hyunwoo glared at miyeon as he whispered to a trembling minjung; trembling not out of fear, but of pure rage. minjung felt the urge to let loose her rage at her mortal enemy just two feet away. but being a reasonable and far-sighted girl, minjung thought the better of it. she was in control, although that might not be the case a few  moments later. before she could explode with the tightness in her chest, she had pushed past a shocked hyunwoo and a satisfied miyeon, forcing herself to escape as far away as possible. she didn't want somebody's blood on her hands.
 
tumblr_mbr36zHh991rcqvpfo1_500.png
 
as she ran blindly through the corridors with anxious tears streaming down her cheeks, she swerved into a deserted and less-travelled corridor, plastering herself in the corner and out of sight to anyone who might be passing by. she was a strong lady. even though she was only fifteen. she had plans for herself. to achieve greatness. she had always been successful in anything she did. she was smart. she was diligent. with these two traits, she was almost known as the goddess of study in her school. it was the first time that her plans had shown a crack. it was the first time that she felt that she wasn't in control of her life anymore. her determination was quickly fading. it all seemed foreign to her.. these insecurities.. but who was to say that she didn't have them in the first place? the underlying insecurities were always there, but it was this unfortunate incident which affected her so much that it has brought them to light; it was the first time that minjung had felt so helpless.. and so alone.
 
minjung stayed there for the remainder of school, which was fortunately the last forty-five minutes. she waited an extra fifteen minutes to be sure. she did not want to have to face her classmates who had seen her break down and lose her cool. as she hurried along the corridor, head down and face turned away from the masses, her phone vibrated in her back pocket. turning into a less crowded hallway, minjung hid behind the pillar and answered the call. "minnie.." strangled sobs echoed. minjung's heart sank. it was her grandmother. she knew it. her mother was in no condition to explain to her over the phone and minjung wasn't able to face the truth as well. this could not happen. now her grandmother's death would always be a blemish on her conscience. a symbolism of her guilt. minjung wasn't able to face the world with all the unfortunate happenings of the day. heck, she couldn't face herself. she had always been so used to getting her way and excelling in everything she did. this abrupt change didn't make it any bit easier for her. minjung cried till she had no more tears to shed. she forced herself to get it out of her system. she was determined that she would not show this side of herself to anyone after today.
 
she was weak and hungry. it impeded her sight and senses. it was all too late when a familiar voice screamed at her. "jungieee!" a brief touch of her shoulders, before a car plummeted into two bodies, one wrapped around the other protectively. vision blurred, minjung could only make out numerous silhouettes towering over her. her head hurt. out of the corner of her eyes, she spotted another body in the distance. squinting and barely conscious, it was all she could do to make out the identity of the mysterious person. shock engulfed her entire being as she recognized the unmoving body. "joonie.." she thought. her best friend. another death to add to her burgeoning list of regrets.
 

eyes glazed over. the world went dark.


co-author's note:     heyyyy so this is the fifth teaser featuring yoo minjung! ^^ I used hyunwoo as a cameo here bacause I was trying to find a friend of the same age so I just assumed.. I hope you don't mind! x.x thankyou all for sticking by!~

 
             teaser six              
 
"A.C get in the front!" ilsung shooed aecha from the backseat as he hefted the supermarket supplies into the car. aecha lazily slipped into the front seat. the two siblings had gone grocery shopping that day and were in an intense discussion about their dreams and future. both of them being stubborn, having acquired the pig-headedness from their father, they would not relent on their views on their future plans to fufil their dreams of having an acting career.as ilsung sidled into the driver's seat, he leaned over and tugged on aecha's seatbelt, securing the metal while aecha continued listening to her music from her ipod. with her eyes still closed, she murmured a soft "thankyou". ilsung sighed and shook his head. "aishh this stubborn girl.." aecha was especially tired that day, having spent all night studying for her mid-terms which coincidentally ended today. she was in no mood to do grocery shopping but her brother had insisted on bringing her along because he "[had] something important to discuss with [her]". aecha was a bright kid and was equally as diligent. sometimes her family believed that she overworked herself, but aecha was adamant about maintaining her perfect school record. as aecha was about to drift off to sleep, she felt somebody pull out her earphones, jolting her back awake. "yahh oppa.. return it to me.." she drawled, still in slumberland. "ani! A.C listen.. I have something important to discuss with you!" ilsung dropped her earphones into one of the many compartments in the front seat.
 
aecha forced open one eye. "yes oppa. what." ilsung gave a comical half-frown as he narrowed his eyes at aecha. "is this how you speak to your elders.." "speak.. old one.." aecha was falling back asleep. "don't sleep.. wake up!" ilsung chided her. "I was thinking of us moving back to new york.. to attend the new york film academy." aecha did a double take before jumping up, all tiredness peeling away. "b-bwoh? andwae! we've moved to seoul and I've been planning to go to seoul arts high school. you knew that!" aecha accused. aecha was a rigid and systematic person; she liked to have things planned out and loathed changes to her schedule. she had been planning to apply at the seoul arts high school since three years ago, and she didn't appreciate her brother's sudden divergence in plans. not one bit. ilsung sighed. "I knew you would take it badly, but look, the new york film academy is a thriving pathway to your dreams! take look at robert downey junior, johnny depp, tom hiddleston.. and your role model keira knightley! they all graduated from the new york film academy and have had a fair share of glory and fame in blockbusters!" ilsung persuaded, to no avail. aecha merely sneered and retorted, "those are theatrical movies.. I want to be a versatile actress; to be able to capture the attention of the audience both on the big screen as well as in episodical dramas.. and korea is the best case senario for me, given that I have been granted a scholarship to study at seoul arts high school. I'm already halfway there. and you are dashing my dreams." ilsung groaned. "but new york has the best film techniques ever and the scriptwriters are good as well. you need a good scriptwriter too boost your career and I'm not sure korean scriptwriters can do the job as well. aim high and get yourself off the beaten track first before branching out. isn't that a better idea?" aecha was curt in her reply. "no. I'm not going. you can go alone but I'll stay right here. you have to work from the bottom for everything. you can't just start off high. it's impossible. you're too naive. grow up." as ilsung clenched his teeth in fury, he glared at aecha. "don't talk to me in that tone. have y--"  
 

tumblr_mbr36zHh991rcqvpfo1_500.png

a flash of red. the screeching of tires. the world came to a standstill as the car toppled over the edge of the freeway. aecha's breath hitched as the car spun around in the air in slow motion. aecha's and ilsung's eyes locked. then a crash. she didn't have time to take back her words. she didn't have time to apologize. there was outright fear in their eyes in that tense moment. but now, everything went black.
 
aecha woke up to a blur of flourescent lights. her eyelids were heavy and she was hooked up to numerous beeping machines. out of the corner of her eye, she spied her mother fast asleep in the armchair, albeit looking uncomfotable and squashed. she tried to shift in her position as a cold breeze passed through her. aecha felt her bones freeze. before she could cry out, the door swung open and a familiar figure rushed to her side. "rian, you're awake!" aecha's father cried out. the commotion shocked her mother awake and the two parents frantically rushed around the room alerting the nurses and making sure she was alright. "rian how do you feel?" her mother's concerned face peered back at her over the bandages around her face. aecha nodded numbly, not having regained her ability to speak. she was confused and tired. why was she here in the first place? she could remember flashes of what happened before but the pieces were all disconcerted and jumbled up. grocceries. yes, there was something about grocceries. then about their dreams. and the car. yes. the car. something had happened to the car. but what? it struck her as she registered the absence of a family member. her brother. aecha gurgled "u-umma, appa.. w-where is ilsung o-oppa?" 
 
in that instance, her mother's face contorted with pain while her father chose to look away. "w-what happened! n-no.. no..n-noooo. this isn't h-hapenning." realization dawned on aecha as her mother sobbed quietly into her hands. her father crossed the space betwenn her mother and himself, pulling both mother and daughter towards him. "shh.. shh.. it's alright. he won't want to see y'all like that. h-he just wants to know that y-you're okay.. hush now. focus on g-getting well. it'll be w-what he would want f-for you.." silent tears fell from his hazel-brown eyes as he tried to be strong for his family. for aecha. for the son that he had lost. aecha's head hurt. she recalled her last words to her brother. regret threatened to suffocate every cell in her body as she shook uncontrollably in the embrace of her family. I don't deserve this. I'm a murderer. I killed my own brother.
 
the sound of hearts breaking was never this loud.

co-author's note:     heyyyy so this is the sixth teaser featuring park aecha! ^^ ohmygosh I'm so sorry I know this is a day late but gah after school ended I lost track of time.. my computer shut down on me and I was busy with prom preparations gah >.< hope y'all will enjoy this teaser still! and look forward to the next teaser cause it's going to be done by sherrrr! ^^ thankyou so much for still staying with us!~ ohman and the deadline for the applicants shall be tentatively marked on 20th december so comecome and apply! (: 

 

             teaser Seven             

 

It was a Monday morning, the day the test results would come out, from the exam everyone had to take. Minah was strolling through the hallway with her book in her hands, she wasn’t looking where she was going, because she knew the hallways of the school out her head, and because she had to finish a book report before next week, so she was so engrossed in reading, she suddenly looked up when she heard kids yelling that the results were out. Minah’s eyes became huge for a moment, and then she just had her poker face back on, and strolled slowly towards the huge list, when she looked around her, she saw kids crying in corners, and she shrugged it off, of course they would rank low, they were always partying and fooling around, she just didn’t pay any attention to them, she walked further and then she saw people whispering, she just ignored it, it was always the same.

Minah arrived at the board with the test rooster and started from the last place up to make it a little exciting for herself, but when her eyes landed on the second place she was taken back a bit, how in the world can she be second when she was always first? she was holding the bridge of her nose. how in the world could she be second? she saw people looking at her, somewhere as shocked as she was seconds ago.

She was a bit worried about her father, he always wanted the best, she was used to being the best, and he wasn’t going to be pleased with her being second. Minah was biting her lip softly while thinking what she was going say, what can she say to her father? he was going to be disappointed.

 
tumblr_mbr36zHh991rcqvpfo1_500.png
 

‘’Min!!’’ Sulli was screaming through the hallways while speed walking towards Minah. Minah was too busy with thinking she didn’t hear her best friend at all, Sulli noticed that Minah wasn’t paying any attention to her, so she cleared and even screamed an octave louder this time. ‘’Min!’’ Minah got so annoyed by the screaming, that she cleared her mind and flashed a look of annoyance at the person irritating her, but when she saw it was her best friend she softened a bit.                  

Minah put a poker face on, and looked at Sulli.’’Why are you screaming like there is an fire somewhere.’’ Sulli look a bit like she was searching for an answer, but she couldn’t find one, so she just shrugged it off. ‘’It’s break time, and I’m hungry let’s go.’’ Minah looked on her watch and was a bit shocked, she had wasted precious time while standing there being annoyed and anxious about what her father was going to say when she could use that time to read a new book. She wasn’t aware that Sulli was dragging her towards the cafeteria. Sulli sat down on a chair at a table, and she was staring at Minah, she saw the doubt in Sulli's eyes. She sighed softly. ‘’Really Min you should eat, you look pale.’’ Minah just plumped her down on a chair across Sulli’s. She knew that she wasn’t going to win against Sulli, and she could eat and read at the same time. Minah took her book from her bag and searched for an apple she brought from home. she took a bite and was already scanning through the book while Sulli was talking about some girl from her class who had a fight, Minah nodded absently, listening half-heartedly.

Five minutes passed by, when suddenly they heard a huge explosion of noise and the book slipped from Minah hands. She felt goosebumps all over her body, and suddenly her mind and eyes were not here anymore, no it was at that dreadful day, the day all rich families had a gathering, and there was a shooting, and because of the chaos she got shot. She heard screaming around her, and without thinking she put her hands over her ears. She couldn’t hear Sulli yelling her name; she was still in the awful memory. She saw her sister at the other side of the room; she heard the shots; people screaming for help; things breaking. And she was looking at her sister, scared as hell and she wanted to be near her sister, but when she moved, a bullet pierced through her left chest. She felt the pain again, but before she saw herself falling down, before she could go through another painful memory of her being almost taken away from her loved ones, she felt a hard tug at her hand. ‘’Min! Are you alright?’’ She got pulled back from the awful memory and she felt tears prickle in her eyes, but Minah shook her head, and then she tried to shrug it off again. ‘’Yes I’m fine.’’ Minah voice was still a bit shaken, but Sulli ignored it for Minah, Sulli knew if Minah wanted to tell her she would, so she just let her. They heard the bell again, and Minah shot up, and looked at Sulli. ‘’We should go. The lessons have started.’’ Sulli nodded gently and followed Minah to the next class they had together.

 


author's note:      heyyyy so this is the sevent teaser, and well, I promised Wolf I will write seven and nine. I'm really sorry for being not really active with this story, I had a writing block, and I was a bit busy with hospitals visit's, it's nothing huge, I just need a sugery for my nose. I hope this teaser is alright, I of course write different then Wolf, and English isn't my first language, I hope it's fine. And thank you all for staying with us, and reading the teaser and complementing Wolf for her hard work, I couldn't have done this without her. Well I'm exciting for tomorrow and hope you guy's are too. Thank you one last time ^^ - Sher

 
             teaser eight              
 

"ji-ae, princess," her mother cooed, "wear this for the halloween gathering later dear." ji-ae obediently folded the dress over her arm and headed towards the changing room. after struggling with the satin for a terse moment, ji-ae finally got the dress on her the correct way. she smoothed out the frills and went in search of her mother. as she looked at herself in the glass partitioning the balcony and the living room, a beautiful princess came into view. she was a princess. her mother's princess. "..the plaintiff changed his mind about the lawsuit? he's going on with the accusation?" ji-ae spun around on hearing her mother's clear, flitted voice. her mother was an educator but her father often discusses his legal work as an attorney with her. "umma.. is that appa on the line? can you help me zip this.." ji-ae tilted her head when her mother waved over the domestic helper. with an apologetic smile, her mother mimed going into the workroom and gave her an appreciative thumbs-up. ji-ae nodded and gave a small smile. appa must be busy.. I hope he won't be late today.. ji-ae almost fell backwards when the domestic helper tugged on her corset. "sorry!" she squeaked with a sheepish grin before both of them burst out laughing. they were close and ji-ae had spend most of her time with her given that her parents were workaholics. "you look pretty.. I'm so sorry I can't stay with you tonight.. umma's sick and all.." the housekeeper sighed. she was supposed to keep ji-ae company that night while her parents went to their boss's halloween function, but the former's mother was suddenly taken ill and ji-ae's parents did not want to leave ji-ae alone at home. thus, ji-ae was accompanying her parent's to the halloween gathering. "it's fine.. I hope your umma gets well soon!" ji-ae chirped.

after a half-hour ride to the mansion where the party was to be held, a looming silhouette of a concrete giant lit up with spooky decorations materialized. the windows were clearly lit up with shadows of the guests lined up against the walls and reflections of people toasting to one another. the garden was strangely quiet, with only two butlers ushering guests at the gates. guess the house's big enough anyway.. no need for it to spill out into the garden.. as the door of the limousine swung open, ji-ae tried to remember what her mother had told her before they boarded the car. both feet together.. be demure.. you're a lady.. ji-ae gave a polite curtsey and proceeded to catch up with her parents. ji-ae tailed behind while her parents engaged in playful banter. artificial tombstones decorated the garden surrounding the pathway and ji-ae tripped on one as the tombstone began sliding apart. she tottered precariously on the edge in shock before realizing that it was mechanical and regained her balance, surreptitiously glancing around to see if anyone had caught the embarrassing sight. she lifted her head and puffed out her chest, attempting to strut after her parents.. but not before she stumbled on the gravel again. heaving a desolated sigh, she promptly gave up and hurried after her parents' fading forms.

after a series of formal greetings and introductions, ji-ae was left to her own devices. "we'll call you when we're done, princess.." her mother gave her a wink as she was led to the middle of the room arm-in-arm with the master of the house. ji-ae glanced around at the numerous guests basking in the party mood. it was far from spooky. all the guests had expensive jewellery on and their costumes were tailor-made in the most authentic and exquisite fabric. having not known anybody from her father's company, ji-ae felt suffocated by the teeming crowd chattering to one another and showing off their classiness. she wanted a quiet place to wait out by herself. the garden! ji-ae smiled to herself as she began navigating her way to the porch. through the door, past the hallway, along the banisters, down the corridor and turn left.. or is it right? ji-ae puzzled at the t-section. she was lost. and she wasn't sure if she could go back the way she came from either. the mansion was so big and all the corridors look the same to her. let's try right.. ji-ae hesitantly took a step towards the right and turned into the corridor. the sounds from the party were muffled here and it made ji-ae all the more anxious. what if this was considered trespassing private property? she was just lost.. it would be okay right? as she wandered deeper into the corridor, it became clearer that she had taken the wrong route. disheartened, ji-ae turned to return to the t-junction. as she spun around, a solid wall crashed into her at full force. 

 
tumblr_mbr36zHh991rcqvpfo1_500.png
 

ji-ae's head throbbed. as she slowly regained consciousness, she felt somebody shaking her and tapping her on her cheek. "miss.. miss.. are you okay?" a concerned face peered at her through a foggy mist. "ahhh.. w-what happened?" ji-ae stuttered woozily. "you're awake! I'm so sorry I didn't know you were behind the door!" the boy, who looked about his twenties, gave an apologetic smile. "it's okay.. I got lost.. couldn't find my way out.." ji-ae sighed as she attempted to get up. she was sure nothing was injured but her head felt like a ton of bricks. besides, her vision hasn't totally cleared yet. it must have been quite a hard hit. the boy pushed her down before she could straighten herself up. "let me help you.. it's my fault anyway.." he quickly picked her up as if she was as weightless as a feather and proceeded to take her down the corridor. "w-where are you t-taking me?" ji-ae gasped as he zigzagged around. he couldn't be kidnapping me, could he? he was some rich kid after all.. "I'm bringing you to find your parents, ofcourse!" the boy answered matter-of-factly. "ahh andwae! how would people react seeing.." she gestured frantically to herself with the boy's arms wrapped securely around her. "too late." he whispered with a glint in his eye as they burst into the ballroom. 

ji-ae froze as the guests turned their attention to them. the boy merely smirked as her parents rushed forward. "what happened, my little princess?" ji-ae facepalmed. she was aware of the boy trying to stifle his laugh. my little princess? what kind of nickname was that? she blushed scarlet while her father crouched over her as he examined the bump on her head. the guests were all crowding around as well. "I-uh-got lost and-uh.." ji-ae spoke incoherently, having not gotten over the shock. "I'm sorry mister.. I knocked into her.. with a door.." ji-ae silently processed the boy's explanation and couldn't help but giggle at the awkward phrasing of words. her parents stared dumbstruck. "are you okay.. dear?" they seemed to think that she had gone insane. "I'm fine.. I'm fine, umma.. I just.. haven't gotten over the shock yet.." ji-ae composed herself and motioned for the boy to let her down. ji-ae wobbled unsteadily and three pairs of  hands shot out to grab her. the boy got to her first and wrapped his arms protectively around her waist before pulling her against him. ji-ae's parents seemed strangely pleased. ji-ae stiffened.

"could you look after our ji-ae for a moment while we go thank your father for this wonderful party.. though I'm afraid we might have to leave early.." ji-ae's mother smiled as the boy nodded. his father? ji-ae took a moment to process the idea that this boy was actually the boss's son. she sneaked a look at the boy before confirming that he was indeed the boy she had seen in her father's office pictures. the latter caught her looking and gave her a wink. "so.. princess.. where do you want to go?" ji-ae gulped before choking out "umm.. g-garden.." had he just called her princess? was it because of her costume? or was it because of her father's embarrassing nickname for her? was this all an illusion? bumped her head too hard maybe? in her daze, she hadn't noticed him staring at her the whole time he brought her along the hallways towards the garden. "we're here.." the boy set her down gently on the swings above the decorated tombstones. "by the way, I'm suho.. and you?" "ji-ae" she whispered as she blushed. being out here alone with a boy in the dark.. seemed so wrong. she could feel heat pulsing off him in the wintry air as he took a seat beside her. "uhhh thankyou so much for just now.." ji-ae coughed. "it's fine.. I should be the one apologizing.." the boy tilted his head as he pushed on the swing. they spent the next ten minutes in awkward silence until they hear footsteps hitting the gravel. her parents were here. suho extended his arm to ji-ae, who in turn took it tentatively. he guided her to the car and made sure she had her seatbelt fastened properly. his lips brushed her cheek. "you look pretty tonight.. princess." with a final smirk, he left an incapacitated ji-ae struggling with her thumping heart. why was this boy so weird? 

ji-ae woke up already in her bed. she rubbed her eyes as memories of the day before flooded her mind. she tried to sit up but leaned back against the headboard when her headache returned. she shook her head and blinked furiously, widening them in shock when she saw a girl leaning against her desk in the far corner. it wasn't surprising to see new people in her house since her parents were in the business industry. the thing was, ji-ae could see right through the girl to her closet. immmobilized, ji-ae could only watch as the girl turned around with a smile.

"I'm tiffany. and I need your help."

co-author's note:     heyyyy so this is the eighth teaser featuring kang ji-ae! ^^ ahh ji-ae's app still has minor problems.. but I've decided to do the teaser first oops! but still do change them please! thankyou! :) ahh I'm sorry if the events in the second half are abit abrupt and rushed >.< I tried to squeeze in too much! sherr is still working on teaser seven and she'll be in charge of nine too! I'll be mapping out the introduction so we can go straight in after the choosing of characters! the deadline's coming soon so do apply for those who haven't! thankyou all for sticking by~

 

             teaser nine            
 
Chaebyul was sitting in the classroom and she was drawing in her book. She felt eyes staring at her, and when she looked up through her hair, she saw her so called friends staring at her, some looked at her like she was a stranger, and some were looking at her like she was crazy. She still couldn’t understand that those same people where her friends a few months ago. She looked before her and her eyes locked with Krystal, the only girl-friend who stayed with her, even after her shocking secret, Krystal made a face towards the people looking at Chaebyul and when they locked eyes with Krystal, they pretended to looked somewhere else. When Krystal looked back at Chaebyul, Krystal saw she was back at drawing in her book.

Suddenly a paper came flying on to Chaebyul's table, and when she opened it, she saw that it was written by her best friend, Sungyeol.

Just ignore them, they are too stupid to know that they lost an awesome friend.

A little smile formed on Chaebyul's lips, but before she could react, the teacher walked in. She looked up at the teacher, and tried to pay attention to what he was saying, He was talking about a piece of work about animals, where they may choose to write a written report for any animal they wanted to research on. She sighed softly.

When class ended, Chaebyul waited until the class cleared before packing her bag and slinging the bag over her shoulder. She looked up to find her two friends waiting for her, she looked at them and gave a tiny smile.’’ I, I think I'll stop by the library. I have to look for some books for the piece of work." Sungyeol and Krystal both nodded, and they both went on their way home. Chaebyul sighed again, and she walked fast through the hallways with her head down, trying to keep out all the voices out who were talking about her.

tumblr_mbr36zHh991rcqvpfo1_500.png

Chaebyul arrived at the library and looked for an empty table somewhere in a quiet corner. Of course a library was supposed to be quiet, but she wasn’t sure if she was going to be alone in the library, and there were already enough gossips going around about her, that she was possessed, that she was doing drugs.

Chaebyul was picking out some books which could help her with her project and she plumped her down on a chair. She started to read one of the books. She wasn’t sure about which animal she would choose yet, so she she decided to go through the process of elimination and pick the ones she thought were interesting, before narrowing her scope even further afterwards.

She wasn’t done reading the first page, when she heard someone softly sobbing next to her, and Chaebyul tried to ignore it, she already knew who it was, but when the one who was disturbing found out Chaebyul didn't pay any attention to him, Kibum tried to sob even louder, and it kind of annoyed Chaebyul. She looked around her, and when she saw no one, she looked at the person, or well it was a person, before he committed suicide.

‘’What is wrong this time Kibum?’’ Kibum heard the annoyance in her voice and started to sob again. When Chaebyul understood he cried again because of her, she took a deep breath and tried to speak again, this time a little softer. ‘’What is wrong Kibum?’’ When Kibum found out she meant it this time, he look a bit hurt at her. ‘’ I saw one of my friends today, a good friend, before he start to spread rumors about me, and I wanted to speak to him, and ask him what I did to him, why he would spread such horrible things about me.’’ And before Chaebyul knew it, he was crying again. She had no idea how to calm the ghost down and sighed softly while reaching out to pat his shoulder. 

‘’I’m really sorry to hear Kibum.’’ Kibum calmed down a bit, and he had a little small smile on his lips. ‘’Luckily I have you now, now I’m not as lonely as I was and still am.’’ Yeah Chaebyul thought, she looked at her watch and saw it was time for her to go home. ‘’ I’m sorry Kibum, I have to leave, but I promise tomorrow I will be back alright?’’ And before she could say anything else, he was sobbing again, but she didn’t have time,. She packed her bag, and rushed from the library, but without her knowing, a so called friend from before was just passing by when Cheabyul was talking to ghost Kibum, and before she knew it, a new rumor got spread around school.


author's note:   heyyyy so this is the nine't teaser featuring zhang chaeb ! I said everything I wanted in the seven't teaser, I'm just really happy, Wolf wanted to help me with this applyfic, and that we are almost so far that we can pick and start the story, I look forward to the story, and the awesome subscribers who stayed with us, and I hope I won't dissapoint you guys with my two teasers, and the story. Thank you from my heart for staying with us, and commenting. -Sher

 
             teaser ten              
 
it was the day before the annual tomb-sweeping day. qian awoke with a start as her cousin's arm hit her in the chest. qian gave a huff as she tugged at gyuri's arm, causing the latter to stir in her sleep. qian stifled a laugh at her beautiful cousin's disheveled face as gyuri rolled off the mattress and continued snoring. who would think that she was deemed the goddess of beauty in school? qian struggled to keep herself awake as she went through her daily routine. her extended family had gathered at her house the night before in preparation for the family trip back to jinju, south korea, to pay respects to her ancestors in her grandmother's hometown. as the last of the luggage was loaded into the family caravan, qian and gyuri began excitedly recalling the fond memories they had shared together at the old mansion at the foot of firefly mountain. it had been eons since they last went there and they were more than hyped up to go back exploring their childhood tuft.

after a tiring and uneventful ride, the family finally reached their destination by dusk. there was a flurry of unpacking while gyuri unpacked the trunk through frequent bouts of yawning. qian felt indignant as she lugged the heavy trunks up the stairs and had to occasionally prod a half-asleep gyuri along as well. after everything was unpacked and displayed neatly in the wide array of empty shelves, the family settled down for dinner. it was a solemn event, with the children quietly listening while the adults shared stories of their parents and growing up within the walls of the particular mansion they were currently in. there were moments where an adult broke down while recounting events with deep fondness and the others would comfort one another. qian, being born late, didn't have the opportunity of meeting her late grandparents. she sipped her drink quietly as she looked on the progression with mild distaste. she couldn't understand why her family had to always dig up the sad and painful memories. moreover, she wasn't close to her grandparents and she couldn't relate to the stories. she had wanted to enjoy her visit and pay her respects to her ancestors in a jovial manner. wouldn't they prefer to know that the family was still missing them but living their lives in happiness? gyuri did have faint memories of her grandparents but even so, they had passed away when she was a wee little toddler. qian sighed under her breath and locked eyes with gyuri. the latter was paying little attention to the grown-ups and was busily stuffing her face with food. qian nudged her and gave her an exasperated frown. sometimes she felt that she was actually the older of the two. presently though, qian's ears perked up when she heard the elders discussing about the happier memories they had as a child, about the secret passageways they created when they sneaked out of the mansion when they were grounded, the various pranks they played on one another, playing truant and having to help with the household chores although they had housemaids and butlers in their time. qian was overwhelmed by the difference between the life she lived and the one her relatives did. as she listened in astonishment, qian found herself getting dragged deeper and deeper into wonderment as she tried to picture life back in the days.

as the adults retired to bed one by one, qian and gyuri prepared for bed as well. qian was still engrossed in the mansion, paying no heed to gyuri who had snagged the coveted top bunk. as she blew out the light, syqin fell into a fitful sleep dreaming about the mysteries of the mansion. 

 
tumblr_mbr36zHh991rcqvpfo1_500.png
 

the household woke up bright and early in preparation for the day's work. the family made it to the ancestral tombstones before dawn broke. rituals were carried out and qian followed them easily, having read up on them before, instructing gyuri when to kneel and when to bow. as they trudged back down the mountain in the late afternoon, while gyuri and the other distant cousins hung out at the farm, qian decided to explore more of the towering mansion. she had ventured into the library hosting a wide variety of books from different genres and authors. as she trailed her hand along the jagged edges of the worn-out books she had often cradled in her arms when she was younger, her sleeve caught in the catch of a hardcover. as qian pulled out the volume to untangle the material, a crumpled piece of parchment fell out of the clasp. curiosity aroused, qian bent over to retrieve the ancient paper. it seemed like a map of the mountains. it was ordinary since the owners could have been reading and mapping out the route they had taken that day. the elders usually had many different farms so it was common to find these sort of reminders around the house. however, on closer inspection, qian could vaguely make out the words "孚" - the chinese equivalent of truth, written in.. blood? across the back of the yellowed page. the scrawls on the map drew her in and she was giddily intrigued with it. true to her curious nature, qian promptly set out to discover the meaning of the map.

she knew that she wasn't supposed to leave the confines of the mansion without an adult, and least of all go into the mountains alone. however, qian was griped with electrifying curiosity and paid no heed to her parents' warning. as she emerged from the dense undergrowth and made her way uphill, numberous flocks of ravens swarmed the place. it was getting dark and the map, although accurrate, does not seem to be pointing out anything out of the ordinary. after hours of trekking, the sky had adopted a reddish tint as the the sun slowly dipped under the horizon. panting and out of breath, qian reduced her pace and admired the breath-taking view. out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a raven staring out at her with an eye - the other was visibily gone - probably poked out of its socket by a wayward branch. she couldn't put her finger on it.. was it the menacing way the raven was staring at her? or the silence that enveloped the mountains? or was it the fact that this raven, unlike the rest, was a blood raven? ravens were known as symbols of bad luck. qian wasn't superstitious like her family was but she was starting to feel uncomfortable. the atmosphere was ominous in the woods shrouded in the mountains. as qian was contemplating about retreating back to the mansion and coming to terms with her futile efforts, a piercing scream rang through the air, crisp and clear. the gears in qian kicked-started immediately, forcing her to sprint towards the figures of a couple struggling on the cliff, highlighted against the moonlight. how had night fallen so quickly? skidding to a stop at the edge of the cliff, she glanced around in confusion. there was no sign of anyone having been there at all. no footprints.. no people.. not the slightest sound indicated that there were even passers-by. they had simply disappeared. a chill ran up her spine. as she turned to leave, she walked head-on into the same blood raven she had noticed before. there was something remotely different about it this time. its eyes glowed. red.

liquid pelted onto the top of her head and trickled down the sides of her face. she lifted her hand and tentatively touched the thick and warm liquid. blood. pebbles flew past her feet and nicked her ankles. qian muffled her yelp as she hopped in an attempt to avoid the gravel. frozen in fear, she slowly forced her head upwards. two familiar pairs of soulless eyes stared back at her. her grandparents. dead. there was no indication that the mangled mess was once two living creatures. the mauled flesh and ripped clothes ridden with blood hung merely centimetres from her face. the intertwining bodies held up by a single rope started to groan under the heavyweight. with a horrible screeching, the rope tore and the bloody mess came tumbling atop qian. convulsing with fear and in hysterics, she screamed but she couldn't find her voice. enveloped with fear, she thrashed around wildly and a shriek that was hardly human finally escaped her lips. she couldn't stop.

continued shrieking was accompanied by the rapid flicking on of light switches in the mansion. people dressed in nightclothes shook a terrified qian awake. it was a nightmare. as she recounted the tale in great detail, a chill ran up her spine. she faltered and a scream caught in as dark shadows - two figures - appeared in the windows, waving at her. outside, the ravens cawed.


co-author's note:     heyyyy so this is the tenth teaser featuring qian! ^^ applications for the characters close tonight and we'll be choosing characters soon :) I have my character's introduction prepared as well and we'll start once sherr's done~ 

 
 
             co-author              
 
tumblr_msr8ueA0xp1rbeiqko1_500.png
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
two years ago
"jace, we've reached!" jongsuk hollered at the girl in the adjacent seat, triggering annoyed glances from the other passengers on  the flight. kymin grinned and tried for a fistbump, before exchanging sheepish looks with the former. as they clambered off the plane and went in search of their baggage, the duo couldn't control their excitement and eventually got lost. "are you sure this is where we're supposed to wait?" kymin scanned the surroundings as she looked for signs of her brother in the crowd. "I don't see my brother.." in fact, kymin had not seen her brother for a period of time. kymin and her brother had been living apart since she was nine, when kymin had left with her father on his buisiness trip in canada. seven years later and here she was, with her childhood friend who had followed her over and back again. they had finished 11th grade in canada and had returned with kymin's father after his business dealings had concluded in canada (although he had to make a pit-stop in dubai to check on business proceedings), planning to continue their education in korea. both of them had wanted to pursue an education in the arts and jongsuk, the older of the two, had suggested that they enroll in the arts academy kymin's brother was currently enrolled in. ofcourse, that must wait till they complete twelfth grade.
 
"kyminnie, over here!" on hearing her korean name being called, kymin jolted back to her senses. she had always been responding to her english name in the seven years she had stayed in canada and although she had a hard time adjusting at first, she had gotten used to being called jace. the sudden recurrence of her korean name actually felt different to her. as she spun around in search of the voice, she saw her elder brother jumping and flailing his arms at her. "hyung!" kymin grabbed jongsuk and weaved through the piles of suitcases to reach her brother. "heechulie-hyung annyeong!" jongsuk quipped as he went in for a group hug. they had all been childhood friends since young, but these seven years had really made them miss one another even more. "kyminnie, I thought you were tom-boyish before but this is a whole new level of hoiden!" heechul proclaimed as he scrutinized kymin dressed in a loose baseball tee and jeans, complete with a cap. kymin grinned and flashed him a peace sign. 
 
"other than that, y'all haven't changed much! except.. do I hear an accent in your korean?" heechul grinned as he watched the other two trying to register the change in their surroundings. "yes it's been so long I'm not sure I can speak proper korean anymore!" kymin huffed as jongsuk nodded. "as long as I can understand it.." heechul answered as they began navigating through the crowd back to the home they left seven years ago. "ahh and kyminnie.. do you still possess the Ability?" heechul stopped abruptly in his tracks and whirled around to face kymin. kymin gave a slight nod but reassured him that it did not impede her daily life. much. anyway, the spirits were wary of her due to her unpredictability and oddball personality. they left her alone most of the time. not that she was comfortable with them though. just as the words left her lips, the ghosts of a young couple rolled off the rafters and crashed onto the ground right beside the trio. kymin jumped in shock and inevitably gave a hiss, which attracted the attention of the ghosts who gave an apologetic smile before continuing with their half-hearted tussle. kymin did feel empathy for these ghosts who died in conflict and had to renact their dying moments repeatedly though she steered clear of them. "korean ghosts are so much more polite than the ghosts in canada.." remarked kymin as her eyes darted across the seemingly empty parking lot. jongsuk and heechul could only shrug.
 
present
"look what came in the mail~" jongsuk sing-songed as he slapped two neatly sealed envelopes onto the coffee table where kymin was busily trying to fight off zombies on-screen with her brother. "jongsuk move awayyy! the zombie's got me!" kymin waved jongsuk away frantically as the latter dived onto the couch and grabbed the remote to pause the game. both heechul and kymin now directed their full attention on jongsuk, scowling at having their apocalypse interrupted. jongsuk beamed, nonetheless, and tossed an envelope to kymin, while slitting open the other. kymin gazed quizzically at the envelope till it dawned on her that it was from Raven High. she bolted upright and stared up at jongsuk, "did you get in?". jongsuk flashed kymin a grin and a thumbs-up, "ofcourse I did!" kymin nervously tore open her envelope and the loose parchment landed in her lap. she sifted through the content and re-read the letter. again. and again. "hyung.." kymin wore a melancholic expression as a wave of anxiety flitted through jongsuk's features. "it's okay jace.. if you didn't get in we can always try for seoul arts academy.." heechul nudged her and gave a tilt of his head, agreeing with jongsuk.
 
without warning, kymin jumped up in exuberance and did a tribal dance in the middle of the living room before sprinting behind the couch. "I GOT ACCEPTED!~" kymin laughed. "y'all fell for it didn't y'all! I'm on the way to becoming a hollywood star!" "YAH you!" realization dawned on heechul and jongsuk and both dashed after her. as all three landed in a heap, jongsuk clouted her lightly before all three of them burst out laughing. "you had me worried there!" he retorted. "okay kids, let your sunbae bring y'all to get your uniforms and school supplies!" heechul interjected in between claps.
 
"SUNBAE~" both jongsuk and kymin mimicked him before collapsing in fits of giggles. "YAH you kids!" heechul stood with his arms akimbo, before both of the younger ones scampered away with heechul hot on their heels.

co-author's note:    so here's my character's teaser! it's weird writing about my own character hehhheh~ we forgot to write teasers for our own characters /facepalms

 
                 author                   

tumblr_msr8ueA0xp1rbeiqko1_500.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

a year ago

Hyu su turned around while leaning against the taxi car. She looked at her mum, who just put her suitcases in the car. It was time to say goodbye to her parents. Hyu su was visiting her brother in Korea on holiday for six weeks. Hyu su hugged her mum and dad for the last time, and then plumped down in the car. She was going to miss her parent’s but couldn’t wait till she goes to Korea to see her brother and best friend. She missed them both. Hyu su closed her eyes for a little while, till she heard the man saying they had arrived at the airport. She opened the door and jumped out the car. Hyu su was so excited to finally go back to Korea.

Hyu su checked herself in, and waited till the woman screamed that Hyu su could board her plane. Hyu su tapped her feet on the ground, while the minutes passed by. Hyu su felt herself getting sleepier again. She yawned softly, and then her phone went off. Hyu su looked at the screen and smiled wide. It was a text from her best friend. Hyu su replied it fast, put her phone back in her pocket, and then the moment was finally here. ‘’Ladies and gentleman, the plane at 1 o’clock to Korea  is ready to board.’’

Hyu su jumped up, and rushed towards the port. It was not crowded yet and Hyu su smiled relieved,  and before Hyu su knew it she was sitting on the plane towards Korea. A few hours later they landed on the ground, and Hyu su can’t remember much of the flight, she had fallen asleep the moment the airplane had left the ground, Hyu su yawned again, rubbing the tiredness from her eyes, and when Hyu su looked out the window, she couldn’t hide the big smile on her face. Hyu su got off the plane, and walked to the exit, entering in the big airport and smiling softly. She looked around for her suitcase, and speed walked towards the huge doors. Behind the doors people were standing, waiting for family members or friends, lovers. Hyu su rushed towards the door, and when it opened she looked hopefully around, and then she saw a guy which looked like a panda standing in between the crowd with people. Hyu su rushed towards him, and half jumped on him. ‘’Panda oppa!’’ Hyu su heard him chuckle softly, and someone next to them, Hyu su wasn't sure who, snorted loudly, Hyu su look up and saw her older brother standing there. She climbed off Zi Tao her best friend, and looked at her brother, Hyu su looked down a bit, and then heard him chuckle softly, Hyu su looked up at him, and Hyu su knew he couldn’t stay mad too long on his only sister, and Hyu su flew into his arms. ‘’Sungie oppa.’’                                                  

Present

Hyu su was strolling through her new house, they moved back to Korea a month back, her father got transferred back to Korea for work, and well she didn’t mind, they are still not fully done with packing, but it is starting to look more like a house now, she looked outside the kitchen window, and she looked straight at the house of Zi Tao. Hyu Su and her brother bothered their parents so long, that they wanted to live near Zhi Tao, and now she finally did. she sighed softly and stared outside the window, she was staring at space, just daydreaming, and enjoying the winter breeze which came through the little kitchen window, when she got pulled back, because her brother was screaming like crazy. She stared at the direction her brother was screaming, and she sighed annoyed. ‘’Su where are you.’’ She look up when he was calling for  her. ‘’You just got a letter.’’ He sounded really thrilled and excited. she had no idea why, she wasn’t expecting anything.

She then remembered her parents and the parents of Zi Tao acting all secretly, she knew something was up, but she was too curious. She walked slowly towards the living room, and saw her brother smiling from ear to ear.  Hyu Su eyed him suspiciously. ‘’What have you guys done.’’ He looked all innocent, but she also saw that he was holding in his laughter. ‘’Nothing just open the damn letter. ‘’ She walked closer and looked at the letter, but the outside was empty. She opened it, and then a huge smile spread across her face, and she jumped up and down. ‘’ OH MY GOSH, I got in! I freaking got in Raven High.’’

She gave her brother a big hug, took a spin, and rushed towards the door. She pulled it open, and crossed the street like a crazy woman, pushed the doorbell of Zi Tao once, and tapped her feet excitedly and bit annoyed. When he opened the door, he looked confused for a moment. ‘’Had we an appointment. ‘’  She rolled her eyes a bit, when he tried to act all grown up, and rushed inside to greet his parents properly and then turned her attention towards her best friend again. ‘’You'll never guess what just happened.’’ He looked thinking, and she saw in his face that he was going to say something stupid. He had a grin on his face so she spoke before him. ‘’I’m going with you! I freaking got accepted in Raven High.’’ He was a bit annoyed she spoke before he could say something, but then his face turned in a huge smile, and pulled her into a hug. ‘’That’s so awesome.’’


author's note:     Heyy, so we try to update as much as we can, and try to make it up for the days we weren't online at all, we are really looking forwards the beginning of the story, and thank you all for reading the teasers we wrote, we hope we won't disappoint you. It was kind of weird writing my own teaser, it was harder than writing the two teaser ^^ Again thank you for staying, reading and commenting on this story. - Sher