The Most Brillant of All Plans

Maknae Switch! (under construction)

Onew's P.O.V.​

I could hear Kibum in the kitchen banging pots and pans together trying to drown out Jonghyun's incesant chatter.  In response I turned up the volume on the television trying to block the two in the kitchen from my senses. Afterall I had a lot more on my plate then dealing with whatever Jonghyun did to piss off Key again.  "Breakfast!" Key yelled accompanied by the tell tale thump of Minho falling off his bed and Taemin's devious giggle, making me wonder if Minho had fallen off or had been pushed off.  Joining the two already at the table I sat waiting kindly for the maknaes before digging into the fresh pike of pancakes lying before me.  
Shortly after gorging ourselves on the homemade breakfast Minho spoke up. "Jinki hyung."  I hummed not looking up from my plate "You look bothered. Is something wrong?"  The group looked at me probably expecting the worse knowing what has been happening in our company. 
"No nothing is wrong per say.  I just have a meeting that I'm nervous about later."
"Oh with who?"
"Sunggyu-shii"
"Why him?" Taemin asked sounding a touch defensive.  I gulped wishing I could have held off on this for a bit longer.  
"Well... because the company... um... wants us to promote a comeback with Infinite... we'll be um... working together this time."  I reply ed staring down our already fuming maknae.  
"Really? Does this mean I have permission to spend all my time with Woohyun?" Key asked properly excited to spend more time with his best friend. I nod still not removing my eyes from Taemin.  He scoffs as he pushing away from the table exiting the room.  Minho shoot me a sympathetic look as he followed the boy out. I turned to Key and Jong only to recieve a shrug in response. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The manager and I arrive a bit early to the seculded cafe belonging to SM for the meeting.  It was a quiet place that housed only a few trainees from SM and one or two rookie groups eating something in between practices.  Reminincing about the time I spent here eating and laughing with my friends from SHINee and other groups I placed my order and took a place next to the window waiting for Sunggyu and his manager to make their apperance.  
After ten minutes of waiting a scowling young man with ugly colored green hair arrived along with a tall man who seemed to be trying to pacify the evidently angry young man.  I watched as the angry guy caught my eye and was shocked it was Sunggyu.  My surprise must have been written on my face as he pulled up his hood to cover his hair.   "What happened to you?"  I asked after he sat down, worried that his stylist had a grudge against him. 
"Sungjong"  he grunts, I nod understandingly.  Maknaes can be scary. 
After we all got settled we began to talk about what was expected from us.  "This is great and all"  Sunggyu interuppts "but what are we going to do about Sungjong and Taemin.  They hate each other and no amount of pretending is going to change  that." 
"Well what can we do no one ecept those two know why they dislike each other so much.  I can't try to help them if I don't know what I need to try to fix"  I sigh "If only they could understand each other better."  "I wish I knew how to do that."  I sigh again leaning back in my chair.
"I might know a way."  Sunggyu grins and I look at him in shock.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"WHAT!?! NO WAY I REFUSE TO GO LIVE WITH A BUNCH OF WIERDOS!!!"
"Oh come on Tae it can't be that different than living with us, there is just two more of them."​
"That's not the point!  I DON'T know them!  And I have no desire to switch places with that brat and have him replace me for any amount of time in my group!" 
"Seriously Tae it is only for two weeks and I promise you'll be fine.  It's not like Infinite are all pedos or that any of them are mean.  Plus its not like we won't keep in contact with you.  Just think of it as a two week camp that your parents are forcing you to go to." 
"I don't want to do this, and you cannot make me."  He pouts crossing his arms.  I smirk, I guess it's time to be the mean hyung
"Your right I can't.  But the CEO can or he can punish you.  Do you really want us to have to bother the slave driver about something as simple as this."  Taemin gulped, game point for me then.  "Look Tae."  I say going back to my nice hyung self.  "We are doing this to help you and the band and the fans.  Do you really want to hurt the fans and our image jus because you can't get along with one person.  Please just do this for two weeks I promise everything will work out just fine,  Also Sunggyu is excited to get to know you better." He sighs
 
"Fine hyung.  I'll do this, but only for the fans and you guys.  I'm not doing this for him or for Infinite."
"That's all I ask."  I say smiling at him as I ruffle his hair.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/n
Did I keep you guys waiting long?  I'm sorry!  But here it is.  Enjoy