Comeback

Maknae Switch! (under construction)

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

I closed the glass door to my CEO’s office behind me with very mixed feelings, on one hand I was excited, and after all we don’t get this chance every day.  However, I was also wary, not because I didn’t think INFINITE could not handle this, but because I know my maknae would not take to this comeback as easily as he had the others.  I let out a heavy sigh weighing these feelings inside my head trying to figure out which emotion was more prominent as I walked down the hallway to the elevator.  The metal doors slid open as I decided that yes this is a good thing and Sungjong will get over it or at least pretend to in front of the cameras. 

I met the manager in the nicely decorated lobby sitting in one of the red arm chairs littered about the room with blue carpeting and glass tables.  He arose upon seeing me and rushed over.  “How was it? Is he mad? What is going on?”  He questioned thoroughly confused on why he or the members weren’t briefed like the usual when I meet with the CEO.  “Why wasn’t I allowed in?” He asked again.

“He announced our new comeback.”

“Okay so why wasn’t I allowed in?”  He questioned again, the CEO never announces new comebacks without all the members and our two managers. 

“Because he doesn’t want Sungjong to make a scene at the company.  So he left it up to me to tell everyone when we get back to the dorm.  And he didn’t want either of you in there to be fair to the members, you know Woohyun will get annoyed if you know about our the comeback before he does.”  He simply nodded his head and lead down to the parking garage to our van.  Although I could sense he still wasn’t happy with the arrangement of him not knowing.

After buckling into the passenger seat he asked as we were pulling away from the spot.  “So are you going to tell me?”  I shook my head

“I’ll tell you when we get back to the dorm.  I’d rather not explain everything twice.” He stared at me for a few seconds before turning back to the road with a small huff and an annoyed expression, as I sat quietly trying to think of ways to break the news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we had finally parked the van back at the dorm I had decided that I would announce it like the CEO would normally, happily and enthusiastic.  We took the small elevator up to the sixth floor in complete silence, listening to the soft music playing from the celling speakers.  The elevator opened and I could already hear Sungyeol’s dolphin scream through the metal door.  I looked over to our manager with a tired expression and got a ‘their-your-band’ look back.  I sighed yet again today and slowly opened the door to a mess.

I closed my eyes and opened my mouth “YAH!!!! ALL OF YOU OUT IN THE LIVING ROOM NOW!!!!!”

“Oh your back?” Came Dongwoo’s voice from the kitchen as he rounded the corner to take a place on the couch that was already occupied by Myungsoo who was playing with his camera.  He looked up at me as Sungjong came from the bathroom behind me and sat down next to him.

“Where is the other three?”

“Here.” Came Woohyun’s voice as he and Sungyeol came from our room and Hoya came from his.  They all sat on the floor in front of the others and stared up at me. 

“Okay first off who made this mess?”  Everyone pointed to Sungyeol and Woohyun.  “Well then you two will be the ones cleaning this dorm completely.  Even if you didn’t make the mess you will clean EVERYTHING.  Got it?”  They nodded fearfully “Okay now on to the reason why I was gone for only two hours.”  I glared at the two who managed to make such a mess in such a short time.  “I went to see the CEO.”  Everyone looked bored, it’s really no secret that I meet with the CEO often.  “He wanted to announce our new comeback.” Now everyone looked surprised “It’s going to a more masculine theme this time.”  I saw several grins come out of the surprised expressions, none of us were super happy with how girly ‘Man in Love’ was.  “However we are doing this comeback with another group.”  The confused expressions were back

“So like ToHeart with Key and Woohyun?”

“Yeah something like that.  Only we will be releasing a full album with this group and do several shows and concerts with them.  We will also be on variety shows with them and doing promotions.  So it’s sort of like we just got new members of INFINITE.”

“Okay that sounds fun and interesting.  So who is the group we will be with?”  I looked straight at Sungjong who had been silent the entire time.  He looked eagerly back at me properly excited for the new idea and to find out the group we will work with. I stared at him for a second longer as his expression began to be replaced with impatience.

“We will be working with SHINee for this comeback.”  I said staring straight into his eyes, and saw as they darkened along with the rest of his face and his posture became defensive.  “It should be fun.” I said as his lip curled back in a deep scowl and turned to see the other members who were all looking to Sungjong with worry, and in some cases, concern in their eyes.  

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

So I lost the flashdrive with the orginal story on it so I will be rewriting this from the beginning.  Hopefully it won't take as long to write becasue I know how each cahpter should go.  Fair warning things might change up a little.  As I mentioned before I was not content with how the story was going so some things will change.  However the plot will be mostly the same.  Thank you all for staying with me dispite everything.  I love you all.

-Ash