Epliogue: Part 3

Take it to the Next Level

Epilogue: Part 3

 (Flashback)

Hana sat on a stool behind the counter of the shop with an open magazine propped up on the cash register before her.  Blowing a bubble with her gum, she flipped a page and listened to Taeil and Zico fiddle with something out in front of the store. 

It was technically her first day on the job, but she couldn’t deny it had been fun working with Taeil.  Hana knew he was going to abandon the store in a few hours and never return, but Taeil had taken the store so seriously.  He knew his business. 

Hana blew another bubble and pulled it back inside to pop it.  Taeil was actually kind of y in a hidden way.  He had an innocence about him that would have made her question why he was involved with The Block if she hadn’t already known his story. 

She jumped and almost fell off her stool when a blonde wearing a floral trench coat burst into the store.  Zico, Hanna recognized him from photos she had seen.

“Hana!” Taeil called as he burst in after Zico.  “Look after the store for me!”  They were out the back door before the words were out of his mouth. 

They’re in a bit of a hurry, Hana thought as she blew a bubble with her gum and reached for her cell phone.  She was confused until a pair of men in suits raced thru the store after them barely glancing her way.  Hana didn’t think that was part of the plan…

“Yeah?” The voice on the other end of the phone line surprised her.  She had forgotten she had called Mai.

“Umm.”  Hana wasn’t sure how to phrase it.  “There’s a bit of a problem.  Zico and Taeil just raced through the store with two men in suits on their heels.”

“I was hoping it would take them longer to find Zico,” Mai said on a sigh.  “Get back to base.  We may need to end up leaving in a hurry.”

“On my way.” Hana hopped off the stool.  Grabbing her bag she hurried out of the store. 

 

“After that, I was pretty busy trying to put things in place so the girls could make sure you boys didn’t get yourselves killed, while still looking for opportunities to switch cases,” Mai said.  “I moved the girls around and had them follow you so they could run interference if anything happened.  Luckily, Tien was already at the tile tournament.  Did you seriously think they would just let B-Bomb and P.O walk out with that money?  And that was only if they won.”

Zico shrugged.  “I knew they could handle themselves if there was any trouble.”

“Right.  Well, lucky for your boys, after the game ended, Tien tracked you guys all over the building to make sure you didn’t get caught.”