Silent Apology

Sweet Escape

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s attempt to look away once their eyes met was thwarted when Jiyong’s apologetic eyes looked at her, silently pleading his apology.

“Good morning Dara.”  Jiyong greeted her calmly as he reluctantly smiled at her, wishing that they were alone so that he could properly apologize at her.

 

 

After a brief ringing silence…

 

 

“Good morning Jiyong.”

 

 

 

“Ayeeeeee…so sweeeeettttt!!!!!!!!!!!”  Their then silent audience broke into hoots and teasings, breaking the spell that was woven between the two of them for that brief moment that their eyes met.

 

The group laid out the scrumptious food before them and soon each of them was stuffing food into their mouths.

Dara noticing that Jiyong has not moved on his spot and remained in silence, quietly grabbed another plate and filled it with food.  She reached out her arm and handed the food to Jiyong.  “Eat.”

 

photo bibimbap_zpsb78083b2.jpg

 

 

Jiyong who had forgotten his hunger when Dara tried so hard not to meet his eyes after the group teased them, was surprised and pleased that Dara finally spoke to him.

He grabbed the plate and held Dara’s hand for a moment squeezing them softly as if reaching out to say that he was sorry through his simple gestures.

Dara flinched when their hands touched surprised by the electricity she felt when their skin connected.

Jiyong started to eat the food that Dara gave to him with gusto.  He saw that Dara is hesitant which food to eat next so he spooned the stewed meat and placed it on her plate.

“Here Dara try this it’s delicious.  You really should eat more meat.”  Jiyong placed his so-called peace offering on top of her plate.

 

photo cooking3_zps775456f0.gif

 

 

Dara looked up at Jiyong, surprise by the sudden change in his actions.  Not wanting to appear rude in front of their hosts, she gave him a small smile and took a bite of the food that Jiyong offered.

This went on several times, Jiyong sampling some food and then placing it on her plate, Dara just giving small smiles and a soft, “Thank you.”

The awkwardness did not escape the group especially to the only married couple, Hyori and Hee Yeol.  Jiyong just kept doing things as he pleased oblivious that Dara was becoming more uncomfortable with his way of apologizing.

 

Hyori who was silently observing the couple, could no longer take the awkwardness and spoke up.  “Aigoo, Yeobo they remind me so much when we were just recently married.”

Hee yeol brightened up and scooted closer to his wife, “Really yeobo?  Which part, their youthful energy and pleasing looks?”

Hyori laughed at her husband’s words.  “Aniyo.  Remember how we would have petty fights and I would not speak to you but you were just way too persistent?”

“I was?”  Hee Yeol looked at Hyori and scratched his head, “Wasn’t I the one who would not speak because you were nagging me too much?”

“Yah!  I don’t nag!  Do you want to die?!?”  Hyori smacked him hard on his arm for failing to play along her strategy to make the awkward couple reconcile and feel more comfortable around them.  She thought that, the two were acting like newlyweds who had a lover’s quarrel and the husband is trying to keep his cool not to appear as “ whipped” but really wants to apologize to his wife. And Dara was the new bride playing hard to get to her husband.

The group laughed at the playful banter of the couple sans Dara and Jiyong who looked lost.

CL sensing the lack of reaction and look of confusion from the two explained.  “Ahmmm you see I took after my omma with her feisty attitude and Appa really is a sweetheart.  It’s known in our family that appa is the sensitive one and omma is the……uhmmm…’fighter’.”

The boys snickered at CL’s description.

“It means that samchon is the one being wooed by imo, since my gorgeous imo is known to have the meanest temper kekeke”  Bobby divulged and quickly hid behind Hanbin as he avoided the fruit that was thrown by his Aunt hyori in his direction for ratting her out to their guests. 

Dara and Jiyong finally got what they went and laughed along with the group who was having fun ganging up on Hyori.

Their eyes met for a brief second and Jiyong mouthed the words, “I’m sorry.”

 

photo ji7_zps0d1cf648.jpg

 

 

 

“Enough!!!  Let our guests enjoy their stay here in Gangwon.  While you pesky nephews and traitor daughter, finish up with the harvest and fill 15 baskets before dinner.”  Hyori smugly raised her brows at the group who groaned in complaint at her punishment.

“Dara-sshi, Jiyong-sshi, come with me and my hubby, let us show you to you one of the best place in this farm, let the ‘slaves’ finish up here and you go have some fun and explore.”  Hyori stood up and brushed off the crumbs off her.

“Omma!”  CL whined and pouted at her mother who playfully stuck out her tongue to her daughter.  CL then her charms to her father and did her best aegyo.  However, Hyori knowing that her husband was a daughter’s fool grabbed her husband and pushed Hee Yeol towards the pickup.

 

photo hyori3_zps3dabcdc4.jpg

 

 

Dara and Jiyong looked at each other and followed the two.  Dara glanced at CL and smiled apologetically.  But CL shooed her away.  “It’s okay, go with omma and appa.  I’m sure you’ll love it.”

Hee Yeol started the engine once Dara and Jiyong settled themselves in the pickup and before driving off, the older couple shouted towards their only child.  “We love you Lee Chaerin!”

 

photo CLthink_zps6535a992.gif

 

This time it was CL’s turn to stuck out her tongue to her playful parents and she shouted back.  “Love you too.”

Making Dara looke at the family with longing and envy in her eyes which did not escape Jiyong’s observant eyes.

 

 

 

The two couples travelled in silence as they headed to their destination. 

Dara was amazed and enjoying the view she was seeing and regretted not bringing her camera with her while Jiyong could not keep his eyes of Dara, gone were the hoodie and beanie she was wearing yesterday and she looked more feminine despite the jeans and tucked shirt and she was undeniably and breathtakingly beautiful.

Some of Dara’s long hair escaped from her band and was flying with the wind, Jiyong reached out and tucked the strands of her hair making Dara look at him, their eyes locking. 

Dara could not help but be drawn into Jiyong’s eyes that seems to hide a thousand emotions, a thousand secrets, just like hers.  Jiyong slowly reached out in an attempt to hold Dara’s hand but was cut short with Hyori’s announcement.

 

“We’re here!” 

The two young couple broke their gaze and looked around to find themselves with what seems to be an edge of a forest.

 

photo cameliaforestsk_zpsd3995c53.jpg

 

 

 

 

“It’s not really a forest, our great grandparents have planted these good old trees to protect this place.”  Hyori offered with a smile, as she seemed to have sensed what the couple was thinking with the way they looked at each other.

“There’s a clearing here.”  Hee Yeol showed the couple a path camouflaged by the trees and plants,  that from afar, people passing would not notice.  “Just follow the path and it will lead you somewhere special.”  Hee Yeol winked at Jiyong.

“We’ll leave the pickup here for you guys.  Use it as your ride.”  Hyori offered generously to the couple who were hesitant to take the keys being dangled to them.

“Ummm but unnie how will you and your husband get back home?”  Dara asked in concern.

“Don’t worry Dara, we know some shortcuts and we’ll take this opportunity as well to go around and check our property.  You and your husband go and enjoy.”  Hyori brushed them off and shoved the keys to Jiyong’s hands, who reluctantly accepted the keys.

“Kamsahamnida.  We’re really overwhelmed by your family’s hospitality.”  Dara bows lowly in appreciation of the Lee and Kim’s family’s warm acceptance to two strangers like them.  She suddenly felt so guilty lying to them about her and Jiyong’s status.

“Aigoo stop bowing Dara-ya.  It’s really fine, we were once like you and Jiyong.”  Hyori winked at Dara teasingly and grabbed her husband’s hand as they walked away, leaving the two behind. 

“Don’t stay too long though, dinner will be served by seven!”  Hyori called out in reminder.

 

 

Dara and Jiyong looked at each other in awkward silence and with a shrug Jiyong pocketed the truck keys and stared at the path ahead.

Dara sighed and as much as the awkwardness was killing her, the sense of adventure was too tempting to pass up.  “Let’s go.”  Dara motioned with her head to Jiyong who was still in silence.

Jiyong looked at her in surprise that she finally spoke to him.

“I know you did not mean what you did and said last night.  And you’ve been silently apologizing since I saw you.   Ummm so apology accepted. “  The cheerful and impulsive Dara was back.  She cocked her brow at Jiyong in a teasing invitation.  “Yah!  Are you just going to stand there and stare or you’re coming?”

When Jiyong, still rooted on his spot, did not move.  Dara came closer to him and grabbed his hand, dragging him along the path.

Jiyong was still wrapping in his mind how Dara could switch from the quiet girl to her cheerful self in a snap.  He shook his head trying to hide a smile on how warm her hand was, and on how forgiving she was.  Others who would have witnessed his nightmare attack and be the receiving end of his chokehold would ran away from him in an instant but this girl got spunk and was now dragging him to God knows where.

 

The two kept walking at a slow steady place enjoying nature, knowing that they could seldom experience such in the city.

Dara was like a child exploring every niche and nook, touching the trees, the plants and smelling the flowers scattered in the path.

Dara stopped midway and frowned.  Jiyong glanced at her in concern.  “Is something wrong Dara?”

“Ani.”  Dara denied.

“Do you want to proceed or should we just go back to the house.”  Jiyong asked.

“Aniyo!”  Dara hurriedly answered.  “It’s just that I regret not bring my camera with me.”   Dara pouted making Jiyong chuckle.

“Hmmm how about we do this.  Let’s familiarize ourselves with this place and if it is indeed special than this path were walking on, then let’s comeback tomorrow with your camera.  How does that sound?”  Jiyong suggested after some thought, wondering why he blurted out said suggestion and wanting for Dara to wipe off the frown on her face.

“Chincha?”  Dara gaped at him her eyes widening.  “You’re staying here?  You’re not leaving?”

“Ummmm no.  Why would I leave?”  Jiyong looked at her blankly.

“I mean I know you were just forced to ride along my made up story about us being married and that I dragged you all the way here against your will.”  Dara said softly as she bowed her head and shuffled her feet on the ground.

Jiyong burst out in laughter seeing Dara act childlike and unsure suddenly.

Upon hearing his rich laughter, Dara looked up in surprise at Jiyong.  “Yah!  What’s so funny?”

“Darong, you really think that you’re that strong to hold me against my will?”  Jiyong looked at her with mischief in his eyes.  “Anyways, you’re the one who told me that stopping by here will be exciting and so far you have not heard any complain from me….”  Dara started to smile.  “Yet.”  Jiyong added teasingly when he saw Dara starting to smile.

“Yah!”  Dara smacked him playfully in the arm.

When their laughter and playfulness died down, they finally realized that they were hearing a soft rumble. 

“Jing-yo.”  Dara called him again with the nickname she decided to call him with.  “Do you hear that?”

“Sounds like water.”  This time Jiyong was the one who grabbed Dara’s hand and guided her with quickened steps to the direction of the sound.

 

 

 

 

“Daebak!!!”  Dara exclaimed when they reached the clearing and saw the source of the sound.

There, before them was a waterfall, glistening as the sun hit the waters, and was surrounded by calming greens.  Birds flitted playfully above the waters’ surface as if enticing the newcomers to come in and play with them.

 

photo fallsgangwondo_zpsb4738b4f.jpg

 

 

 

“Wow so pretty!”  Dara exclaimed, her eyes mesmerized by the beautiful sight before her.  Her eyes skimming over the waterfalls.

 

“Yeah, really beautiful.”  Jiyong exclaimed, his eyes mesmerized by the beautiful sight before him.  His eyes skimming over Dara’s features highlighted by the afternoon sun.

 

photo dee2_zps6fd4bf4a.jpg

 

 

 


 

And here's my second update for the day.

The waterfalls I showed in this story is really from Gangwon Province =)

 

Photos used are not mine.  Credit to the rightful owners.

Please comment & upvote.

And support my other fics as well.

 

FALLING STARS BURN BRIGHT 

DADDY by ACCIDENT 

PS (Phone ) Partner...Saranghae

INTENSITY

DARA OPPA

Who Is Next

Kamsahamnida.  m(_ _)m

poohbearl0u