Gangwon Province

Sweet Escape

 

dgphoto BZB_L7jCMAAk8y1_zps5c5851a6.jpg" />

 

Gangwon Province was a wonderful sight to behold.  They stopped over an area which was partially urbanized with a touch of rural life.

Kwon Jiyong surprisingly liked the ambiance of the place.  He enjoyed wandering along the streets with Dara who was busily taking pictures of the sights unfolding before their eyes.

They were walking side by side on the street when Dara spotted an ice cream shop.

“Jiyong kaja!  I want ice cream!”  Dara grabbed the hand of the surprised Jiyong as he pulled him towards the direction of the ice cream shop.

A soft sound of the chimes bounced off the shop as Dara excitedly opened the shop with her other hand as her hand was still holding on to Ji.

“Wow!  So many flavors to choose from, they also have homemade icream Jingyo.”  Dara looked like a kid in the middle of a toystore surrounded by all her favorite toys looking at her twinkling eyes staring lovingly at the array of ice cream displayed behind the counter.

“Jingyo???”  Ji repeated the name uttered by Dara.  Nobody has ever called him fondly before but he liked how his new nickname sounded coming from this ball of endless energy who suddenly smacked into his chaotic and dark life.

“Yes, I’ll call you Jingyo.”  Dara smiled brightly back at him.  “Palli choose your flavor, it will be my treat.”

“Ummmm, I’m not sure what to pick I was never fond of eating ice cream.”  Jiyong shyly confessed to an incredulous Dara.

“Not fond of ice cream???”  Dara stared at Ji in disbelief.  “I’ve never met someone not fond of ice cream.  Tsk tsk your missing half of your life Jingyo.  Aigoo, stick with me and you’ll live a better life kekeke.”  Dara stated playfully to a now frozen Jiyong.

Jiyong wished it was that simple to enjoy and live life but he knew better.  He was brought up in a harsh reality and it seems this woman standing beside him lived in a fairytale land.

Wow!  Dara was right.  Jiyong did miss half of his life since he sat so quiet savoring the taste of the dark chocolate flavored and pistachio ice cream chosen by Dara for him.  Dara looked at him amusingly patting herself in the back for seeing a hint of a genuine smile playing at the corners of Jiyong’s lips.

They were now back on the streets walking, window shopping at the line of shops while they finished off their treat.

They spent few more hours roaming the place and going from shops to shops.  Somehow the two forgot about time and they found themselves captivated by the beauty of the place’s simplicity.

For the two broken people, the starnge new place offered solitude.

“Omo it’s already two in the afternoon Jingyo, aren’t you hungry?”  Dara glanced at her wristwatch surprised how late it was.  She almost forgot about eating if her stomach did not grumble.

Dara froze embarrassed by the grumbling sound obviously heard by Jiyong. 

 

Silence.

 

“Pwahahaha was that your stomach?!?”  Jiyong could not help it he burst into fits of laughter.  The tiny frame of the girl ironically was packed with a bottomless pit of a stomach.  Jiyong wiped the tears from his eyes as he attempted to compose himself.  He has not laughed this hard for a long long time.

“Aigoo what is it with you and your bottomless stomach Darong.”  Jiyong smiled fondly at Dara patting her head as if she was his pet.

“Yah!  Your making fun of me!  And what’s with Darong???”  Dara pouted back at Jiyong.

 

“Well you gave me a nickname I think it’s only fair that I give you yours.”  Ji smirked back at Dara.

“Aisht!  I’ll let you get away with it this time since I heard you laugh.  Aigoo you have to pay me back for making you entertained.  Feed me Palli!”

Jiyong shakes his head since he knew this was coming his way.  Why oh why does he always end up feeding this woman.

“Jingyo look!  Let’s try that restaurant!”  Dara pointed to a quaint little restaurant at the end of the block.  As they approached the place they found a  small pickup truck parking on the side entrance.  Four teenage boys steps out of the truck and started unloading some boxes. 

Dara snaps some shots finding the boys cute and adorable working their butts off.

The two tourist steps into the restaurant and found it welcoming with its warm earth colors and interiors.  They hoped that the food offered would match the great ambiance of the place.

They found a table on the corner and placed an order after a few minutes the food was served and the two enjoyed their respective orders.  Their attention was grabbed when they spotted the four boys they saw earlier unloading some boxes enter the place.

 

teambphoto 499469_1384749748_gif_500x200_6cf063_zps4d33223d.gif" />

 

“Annyeong!“  the buck-toothed teen with a cute eye smile greeted the waiters.

“Annyeong Bobby!”  Some of them greeted back.

“Deukkie have you seen Minzy?  We’ve stocked up the wines in the store room already.”  The lean charismatic teen with his arms around Bobby’s shoulders asked.

“I’ll check her in her office Hanbin, why don’t you and the boys sit for a while.”  The guy called Deukkie replied.

The four boys settled down and started tapping their fingers in a beat.  The other guy with a bandanna tied on his head started beat boxing softly, while the smaller guy seated beside him hummed a tune.

Dara and Jiyong was watching them with interest when a girl with short hair wearing jeans and a loose shirt walked in the area.

“jihnwan, Mino, Hanbin and Bobby Annyeong!”

“Minzy sorry to bother you we’ve delivered your orders at the back.”

“No bother at all boys.  It should be me thanking you.  Have you eaten yet?  I’ve baked some pies earlier please stay and have a taste.”  Minzy stepped out of the room for a while and came back with a tray with some pies.  She served the pies to the boys who gobbled the pies heartily.

Minzy smiled at the boys hearty appetite and happened to glance at her customers at the corner.  She smiled at them and approached their tables with two more slices of pies in both of her hands.

“Please have some pies, it’s on the house.”  Minzy smiled warmly at the two. 

“Kyaaahhh free food!  Kamsahamnida!”  Dara excitedly accepted and took a bite from the pie.

Jiyong shakes his head in amusement and took a piece of the pie.

“This is so good.”  Dara breathed her appreciation to the short-haired gal.

“You’re new here in Gangwon aren’t you?”  Minzy smiles warmly at the two.

“Neh.  This place is so beautiful.” 

“I’m Minzy by the way, I own this restaurant.”  Minzy introduces herself to the two.

“I’m Dara and this is Jiyong.”  Dara introduced herself and Ji.  “Minzy-sshi do you happen to know where we could stay for the night?”

“Call me Minzy no need to be so formal.  Hmmm stay overnight….Omo!  Why didn’t I think of it.”

“Hanbin, do you still have an available spot in your place?”  Minzy looks over at Hanbin and his group.

“I believe so yes.”   Hanbin answered back.

“Well Dara, Jiyong You can stay at the Kim’s.”  Minzy beamed back at them.

 


Mianhe if the story is a bit slow paced.  But I have my reasons, it will unfold in the next few chapters so please bear with you authornim for a while m(_ _)m kamsahamnida

Credit to the owner of the pictures used in this story.

Congrats to the 2ne1 girls for their 2nd win in Inkigayo they looked so beautiful =)

 

Will promote my other fanfics =)

PS (Phone ) Partner...Saranghae  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/571618/ps-phone--partner-saranghae-bombae-daemin-daragon-ririn-topdara-tabisan

Who Is Next http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/565024/who-is-next-2ne1-bigbang-topdara-ygfamily-tabisan

INTENSITY http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/608393/intensity-tabisan

 

 


NEXT CHAPTER TEASER:

 

Kim Household