Kim Household

Sweet Escape

The drive towards their next destination was surprisingly longer than they thought.  But when they glimpsed upon miles of greenery they soon forgot their initial boredom and enjoyed basking in the rays of the setting sun peeking through the rows of trees.

“Wow!  This dae to the bak!  Who owns this place?”  Dara asks in wonder to the driving Hanbin.  She and Jiyong rode in the back while Hanbin and Mino stayed in the front.  Bobby and Jihnwan were at the back of the pickup truck chatting.

“This land has been with the Kims, Hanbin and his family owns the land as far as the locals could remember.”  Mino responds to Dara’s question.  “Their family are well respected and are known in the nearby regions for their wines.”

“So what brings you here to our province Miss Dara?”  Hanbin asks Dara shyly while he stole a quick glance to the guy accompanying the beautiful lady.  He felt intimidated by the male guest there was something about him that makes him want to tread carefully.

“Oh nothing Ji and I just felt this pull to get off from the train.”  Dara casually shrugs off and just smiled sweetly making the young lad blush.

“Ummm so are you two in your honeymoon?”  Mino asks tactlessly making Dara blush in turn.  But soon a playful smile appears and she snakes her arms to the unsuspecting Jiyong.

“Hmmmm yes we are!”  Dara declares and Ji turned his head towards her and glared.  He was trying to release Dara’s hold on him but despite her small frame she had a vise-like grip on her poor victim.

“Right baby boy?”  Dara pinches his cheeks sending signals with her eyes but Jiyong just glared back at her.  “Aigoo my baby boy is shy.”

A sudden thought crosses Jiyong’s mind.  Aisht!  This lady is really crossing the line.  You want to play pretend huh?  Fine I’ll play pretend with you.  Let’s see who’ll win this game “baby girl”.  A smirk plays on his lips that sent chills up Dara’s spine.

Dara slowly releases her hold but Ji suddenly grasps her hand.  “You’re right baby girl, we are on our honeymoon.  So why don’t you give your husband a kiss?  Or is my baby girl shy?”  Ji closes the distance between their faces so close that Dara could feels his breath fanning her heated face.

 

“We’re here!”  Bobby who was at the back announced as the truck stalled to a stop.

Dara breathed a discreet sigh of relief for being saved from that awkward moment.  She felt uneasy with the fast pacing of her heart.  She hurriedly went down and grabbed her bags leaving Jiyong stifling his laughter inside.

“Noona Chaerin noona!”  Mino calls out a girl who was busily checking out a clipboard and seemed to be doing some inventory.

“Yah!  Mino what did I tell you about calling me?!”  The girl named Chaerin scowled at Mino who wisely hid behind a laughing Hanbin.

“Aigoo noona you know how Mino is.  He always forgets.”  Hanbin chuckled as strode towards his cousin.

“Annyeong CL noona!”  Bobby smiled adoringly at his older cousin.

“Ahhhh Bobby-yah that’s why you’re my favorite cousin.”  CL stepped towards them and ruffled Bobby’s hair.  Mino playfully glared at Bobby who just smirked back at him while giving Mino his infamous eye-smile while Hanbin and Jihnwan voiced their protest on who is the rightful holder of the title “favorite cousin”.

“Omo we have a guest!”  CL stopped on her tracks and looked carefully at Dara and Jiyong.

“Annyeonghaseyo Sandara Park imnida.”  Dara smiled brightly at CL and bowed respectfully.   “And this is Jing-  I mean this is Jiyong—“

“Her husband noona!”  Mino chirped in.

Jiyong smiled inwardly and stepped forward.  “Annyeonghaseyo Kwon Jiyong.”  Ji greeted and bowed curtly to the confused CL.  As if sensing her confusion, Jiyong grabbed Dara’s hand and pulled her closer to him.  “Mianhe me and my wife (putting a stress on the wife part) are recently married and my wife is still not used to using my family name.”

CL nodded in understanding and smiled.  “Annyeonghaseyo Lee Chaerin imnida but please call me CL.”  CL stole a quick glance at Mino who was snickering between Bobby and Hanbin.  “Welcome to Athena Winery.”  CL gestured to their placed with a welcoming smile.

 

 

 

The two travelers were now seated in a cozy living room as they chatted with CL.  Dara smiled fondly at CL, she really reminds her so much of Bom, her bestfriend and sister.  The way she was intimidating and warm at the same time made her miss Bommie.  Bom must be very furious by now.  Her family must have discovered already that she was missing. Dara pushes the feeling of guilt away.  She has always been selfless, this is the only time she decided to think of herself.  She needed this time.  She needed the space.  She needed to be away from everything she grew up and believed in.  She needed this escape.

 

Jiyong was seated quietly as he sipped on the refreshments offered by their hostess.  He simply glanced around the new environment and noted that despite the vast stretch of land they passed by which were owned by this family.  The place they were at now did not scream money.  Instead the place had a homey feel.  A certain warmth and peace.  Hmmmmm this might not be so bad after all.  Jiyong glanced at Dara who was talking animatedly with CL as if they were long lost friends who saw each other once again.  He shakes his head in amusement.  He enjoys his solitude and values his privacy so much.  But this little firecracker named Dara barged in to his dark life and in a short time caused a welcoming chaos.  For a while he was not able to think about his reason for running from his life.  His attention gets caught once again by Dara’s warm laughter and he culd not control his smile.  Like it or not, Dara is slowly becoming his distraction, his beautiful distraction from his escape.

 

A clearing of the throat broke the conversation and thoughts in the room and their gaze went to the direction of the source.

A tall man with a strong gaze and unsmiling face walked in the room, his hands clasped behind his back.  Everyone stood up and bowed, including Dara and Jiyong.  No doubt this was the head of the Kims.

“Appa!”  CL grinned at Lee Hee Yeol, patriarch and owner of Athena winery. (A/N:  instead of using his real name, I’m using Lee here to match with CL)

“We have guests, these are Kwon Jiyong and Dara.  They’re newlyweds and have stopped by our province.  They were looking for a place to stay temporarily and luckily they were in Minzy’s place and the boys were there and now they’re here.”

Mr. Lee looked at them steadily and quietly making the two squirm on their spot when his serious face suddenly broke into a warm smile.  “Welcome to Gangwon and Athena Winery!”

Mr. Lee gestured for them to sit back down.  He looked at the two curiously and smiled.  “So what brings you here to our little Province?”

“We’re on our honeymoon.  We were on a train and due to the impulsive whim of my wife we decided to make a stop here.”  Jiyong answered.

Dara hearing Jiyong’s answer blushed furiously.  She never thought that her joke and impulsive nature would bring her to this predicament.  She glanced at Jiyong and saw his challenging look as if daring her to spill out the truth.  She wanted to but since these people believed them earlier and looking at the sun setting outside and considering that they were on an unfamiliar territory, she was afraid of being thrown out.  She could not even dare use her card afrais that her family could trace her whereabouts and so Dara chose to keep shut and met Jiyong’s look strongly.  Bring it on emo boy.

“Aigoo!  You remind me so much of me and my wife when we first started.  Me and my wife eloped since his father Chaerin’s harabeoji was against us at first and we ran away to another province.”  Mr.  Lee chuckled at the sweet memory and CL squeezed his hand fondly.  As you know this land are owned by the Kims,  Chaerin’s omma, Hyori, was the eldest and only daughter they expected her to marry someone from the influential families but she still chose me.”  Lee Hee Yeol’s eyes turned teary remembering their past.  “But as soon as Kim Soo Roo saw our dear Chaerin his heart turned into a marshmallow and welcomed us back.”

“Aigoo samchon, harabeoji would forgive, you he had our fathers’ as backups you know kekeke.”  Hanbin joked.  “My appa, Bobby’s and Jihnwan hyung’s appas were triplets.”  Hanbin offered.

“Ahhh arasso.”  Dara nodded in understanding. 

“So how long are you planning to stay noona?”  Bobby asked

But before Dara could answer, they were informed by CL’s omma that dinner was ready.

 

 

 

 

 

The dinner prepared by the Kims were scrumptious and conversation was light and pleasant.  CL’s appa, Lee Hee Yeol, ani, Uncle Hee Yeol, which he insisted was hilarious with his witty remarks.  His wife, Aunt Hyori, was bad-, she looked motherly and ladylike but it was clear that she had the reins in the family.  No need to wonder where CL got her personality from.  The Kim boys, Hanbin, Bobby or Jiwon as his aunt/uncle fondly calls him and Jihnwan were the typical teenagers with their high energy and mischievous teasings.  Dara was already won over and she missed her family more.  Her family used to be warm and happy like the Lees and Kims but it changed in a snap and here she was running away.

Dara glanced at her pretend husband who was very quiet but was civil and polite enough to nod once in a while and gave brief answers to questions directed at him.  Dara found herself as the one who was answering or should she say babbling more.  Dara pondered why Jiyong put up so many walls around him.  His demeanor piqued her interest.  She was used to people giving in to her whim and she was used to a warm and loving environment.  She always had these “hero issue” according to Bom.  As per her sister/best friend, if Dara was a guy she would be the knight in shining armor always saving damsels in distress.

Jiyong felt Dara’s gaze boring at him and he looked up and met her eyes.  He held his smile when he saw Dara flustered as she looked away trying to hide her blushing cheeks.  If there were no other people in the table, he would have laughed at Dara’s obvious reaction.  But he did not want to embarrass her or cause a scene as well.  He silently observed the people around him.  Back in his home he would have already walked out or thrown a fit if the table was this noisy.  Not that he ever ate at his house.  He preferred eating with his friends.  Ahhhhh his friends, he wondered if they already traced his whereabouts.  He was good at hiding and was known as a great chameleon in their world. He could already imagine Seung Hyun’s cold demeanor melting once they realize he was missing, or Youngbae’s panicking like a mother hen, or Daesung’s chinky eyes widening and Seungri’s wailing.  He shook the thoughts from his head, despite the darkness in his world he had these four guys who will be the embarrassing death of him but they were his sworn brothers.

 

“Ji do you still want some serving?”  Dara’s voice broke through his pensive thought.

Jiyong immediately collected himself and smile while shaking his head.  “I’m good.  The food was delicious.”  Ji smiled awkwardly at Hyori.

“Guys Dara and Jiyong must be tired.  Chaerin honey, why don’t you show our guests their place.”  Hyori instructed CL who immediately stood up.

“Ani, let me help you with clearing up----“  Dara protested suddenly shy for the inconvenience she and Ji must have cost these hospitable people.

“Aigoo, no need dear.  Rest and we’ll talk more tomorrow arasso?”  Hyori waved her off.

” Kamsahamnida for the meal.  We will try to look for a place tomorrow as to not bother you any further.”  Dara bowed in gratitude and apology.

“Aisht!  Dara-ya you and Jiyong can stay as long as you like, we always keep that place for some guests who pass by our Province and it really is not every day that we meet new people.  So shake that from your mind dear.  You are very much welcome to stay.”  Hyori insisted which earned a sweet smile from Dara making Hanbin, Bobby and Jihnwan sigh in admiration at her sweet smile with their mouths slightly opened.

“Besides Dara-noona you’ll be doing as a favor you might rub off your sweet self on CL noona.”  Bobby whispered but in a voice loud enough for CL to hear.

“Yah!  Kim Jiwon I heard that wait until tomorrow, I’ll make you pay!”  CL whacked poor Bobby’s head and her threat made him shiver.

Hanbin and Jihnwan snickered. 

“What’s with tomorrow?”  Dara asks.

“Tomorrow is the start of the harvest season Dara noona.”  Jihnwan explained.

“If you want you and Jiyong hyung could join us!”  Hanbin offered.

“Boys, boys let them rest first, they must have their own plans for tomorrow.”  Hee yeol interrupted.  “Jiyong-sshi forgive these boys they’re just excited.   But the offer is open you may join us if you want.”

“I’ll check with my wife.”  Jiyong answered briefly and nodded to Dara’s direction who was talking to CL.

 

 

 

CL guided them outside and they followed a path that s around the garden.  Dara could not help but be awed by the simplicity and beauty of the place.  They reached their destination and CL unlocked the bungalow.

The place was clean, with a small living room, a kitchen, bathroom and a room.

Dara was panicking at the thought of sharing a room with a guy she just met.  She smacked herself mentally for the predicament she brought to herself.

Jiyong was amused looking at Dara’s expression particularly when CL showed them the bedroom with a quuen size bed inside.  He saw how Dara’s eyes widened and how she paled.

“Kamsahamnida for your family’s hospitality.”  Dara bowed and thanked CL who just brushed it off.

“No problem newlyweds!”  CL smiled naughtily.  “Good night and enjoy your honeymoon!”  And with that she closed the front door and left the “newlyweds.”

 

“Ummmmm Jiyongie?”  Dara fidgeted with her hands in nervousness.

“Hmmmm?”  Jiyong sat at the love seat in the living room and crossed his arms across his chest as he stared at Dara waiting for her next action.

“There’s only one bedroom.”  Dara stated softly.

“I know.”  Jiyong agreed.

“And one bed.”

“I know.”

“Ummmm so what shall we do with our sleeping arrangement?”

Ji was quiet as he his chin, teasing Dara.  “You tell me, you were the one who claimed we’re married so what do married people do?”

“Yah!  Kwon Jiyong!  I was joking earlier you don’t need to take it literally.  Omo!  Are you planning to take advantage of me?”  Dara looked at him aghast as she crossed her arms protectively across her body.

Jiyong stared at her for a moment then burst into laughter.  “Pwahahahaha me?  Take advantage of you?  Baby girl it should be me asking that question since you were the first to stake the claim that we’re married and are in our honeymoon.”  Jiyong teased the very red Dara.

Jiyong stepped closer to her making her step backwards until she hit the kitchen counter.  Jiyong leaned further his lips almost touching Dara’s ear.  “Next time baby girl be careful with your words.  You’re lucky I can be a gentleman.  You have so much faith in the world that it could get you in trouble.  Trust no one.”

 

Jiyong stepped away and grabbed his bag.  “I’ll shower first, you take the bed and I’ll sleep here in the sofa.”

Ji entered the bathroom yet Dara was still frozen in her spot, her hand clutching her chest with her heart beating fast.  “What just happened?   Kyaaaaaahhhh!”  Dara grabbed her bag and run towards the bedroom shutting the door.

 


 

KYAAAAAHHHHHH Finally after how many months was able to find inspiration on finishing this fic.

Chapter dedicated to HADANA for requesting an update on this fic =)  Hope you like it.

 

photo dg3_zpsb1ff5856.jpg

 

CLOSER JUSEYO!!!!

 

photo dg4_zps8cc3d7d6.jpg

 

anyways rest assured I will finish this fic.  Mianhe for being a bad author.  Hwaiting!

Credits to the owners of the pictures.  Pictures used are not mine.

Please support my other fics as well.