o23 Guilt

You're My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehyun laid in his bed with his elbows supporting his head. He was thinking about the events of today. 

Not free.

Not free.

"Aish!" He yelled frustratedly. He never felt so desperate before. He wanted you to get back on good terms with him. He wanted you to smile because of him. 

"Daehyun-ah!" Mrs Jung called out. Daehyun broke out of his trance, a glumful look on his face. He trudged his way downstairs.

"Omma..." Daehyun greeted quietly. I never saw omma this happy ever since appa died.

Mrs Jung was smiling more as each day passes. Her heavy eye bag was lessening, her eyes lighting up, her complexion was better. Daehyun had to feel happy for her, except, he didn't.

"Mr Kim brought me to this restaurant, he treated me to such good food...Oh he is such a gentleman..." Mrs Jung started dreamily. "Oh, and I brought food back for you!"

Daehyun ignored her mum and walked back to his bedroom and slammed the door.

"Wha..." Mrs Jung was confused. "Did he have a bad day?"

Daehyun sat on the chair at his study table. He didn't have dinner that night. He was thinking about everything. His stomach growled to show its disapproval. None of these matters right now.

"Daehyun-ah, let's go have a good dinner together," Mrs Jung smiled at his son.

Daehyun was puzzled. Why did she bring this up all of a sudden? She had never asked for dinner together since Mr Jung passed away. Where did she get the money from?

"Ne-neh..." Daehyun nodded his head.

At the restaurant, Mrs Jung asked Daehyun to pick any food that he liked. 

"Even this steak?"

"Yes, even that. I have plenty to spare, so eat till' you can't take it anymore!" Mrs Jung said gleefully. Her wrinkles come out when she smiled. Her eyes were dancing.

Daehyun opted for a simple Kimchi Fried Rice while Mrs Jung ordered steak.

While waiting for the food to arrive, Daehyun asked, "Omma....Did you get a bonus?"

"Ani, I quitted from that job," Mrs Jung replied, a smile painting her face.

"Bwoh? Why?"

"I was offered a better job, it pays more and the environment is better," Mrs Jung answered.

"What were you offered?" Curiosity aroused in Daehyun.

Upon this question, Mrs Jung blushed a light shade of red.

"I'm now a secretary of a CEO," Mrs Jung said proudly.

"Who may that be?" 

"Mr Kim, the CEO of Kim Enterprise."

Daehyun widened his eyes. "How did you get that position?"

"Oh, I met Mr Kim and he found me suitable," Mrs Jung giggled.

"That easy? Do you even know who and what background he has?" Daehyun began to feel angry.

"Of course! He is the CEO of a famous company!" 

"Why did you accept that job so easily?!"

"Why, I-"

"You never know if he wants to take advantage of you!"

"He would never do that! Now, calm down, Daehyun," Mrs Jung ordered, a look on her face. "Why are you like that? Are you not happy for me?" 

"I-I....I'm sorry, omma," Daehyun apologised. He said 'sorry' for yelling at her. He said 'sorry' for not being able to appreciate the fact that her mother is working for Mr Kim.

Dinner went on in silence.

Daehyun shook his head. He felt weak. He needed someone to talk to. He looked across the window and saw that your bedroom lights were finally . He saw you walking in, practically flying on cloud 9. Himchan was laughing behind you.

He looked on as both of you laughed together, a pang in his heart. He cringed. He felt like pulling his heart away from his ribcage so that he wouldn't feel anything. He jumped off his chair and decided to try again.

He dialed you number and waited for you to answer.

On the other side, your phone rang.

"Hang on..." You said to Himchan.

You saw the caller's ID. You hesitated, but still anwered.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yura!"

You heard Daehyun voiced. He sound relieved, but there was sorrow in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter