Junnie Doesn't Like Fatheads

Heads Or Tails

 

Pulling on a skull jersey tank and a pair of red short dungarees, like overalls in shorts form, complying with what Key asked I pull on a light-weight generic grey hoodie, of course though I add a few accessories light pink rose earrings, a vintage charm bracelet, a rune ring a white watch and finally a pair of brown ankle boots. Checking myself in the mirror I smile happily putting my hair in a loose braid to drape over my left shoulder gracefully. Stepping out into the hall Junnie stares at me, pouting he hugs my legs.

“Noona!” He whines rubbing his face across my stomach. “Don’t go!”

Chuckling I wrap my arms around him, I’m not sure how this will even work, I mean SHINee will be a handful, but Junnie is too, and I can’t exactly brush any of the boys off, kneeling down I rest my forehead on Junnie’s. “I promise that we’ll spend all day tomorrow together, just us two.”

“Really Noona?” He asks me sniffling. Nodding my head he wraps his arms around me tightly. “Be careful ok Jessica?”

“I promise.” I tell him picking him up, walking around the house I carry him around calming him down, I’d hate to leave him in such a fuss, hearing the doorbell ring, then a few people walking down the hall to where we are.

“Jessica are you ready?” Key asks turning the corner. “Oh, hello Junnie.”

Stubbornly Junnie whips his head so he isn’t facing them, chuckling I set him down. “Junnie you need to be nice to your Hyungs.”

“Aniyo, they’re fatheads.” He says pointing at them. “I don’t like them.”

Laughing I kiss the top of his head.”Those fatheads are my friends; don’t you want my friends to like you?”

“Aniyo, fatheads don’t need Jessica!” He says upset, gripping my shoulder. “Noona is going to leave me.” Tearing up he looks over at the four boys. “You’re taking JESSICA NOONA FOR YOURSELVES!” Running behind them he slams his door shut.

Sighing I smile at them. “I need to take care of this first.” I tell them sighing, they all look a little shocked. “I’m sorry about him; he’s just not used to sharing I think.”

“Aniyo.” Key says smiling. “Would you mind if I tried talking to him?”

Sighing I look at him doubtfully. “You can give it a try.”

Pointing to Junnie’s door Key walks in, closing the door behind him. “Key’s good with kids.” Jonghyun says patting my back. “Don’t worry.”

“Noona, Junnie really likes you.” Taemin says a little dazed. “I wasn’t expecting that.”

“Yah, why wouldn’t he like Jessica?” Minho asks him shaking his head.

Smiling at them I chuckle. “Well, Junnie is very attached to me, like I am to him.” I tell them sitting down. “He’s really sweet.”

Jonghyun takes a seat next to me, resting his arm around my shoulder, “I’m sure he didn’t really mean to call us fatheads.” He says chuckling, I was blushing slightly from how casual Jonghyun was about throwing his limbs around people, how he had no problem getting close to people, in America that happens a lot, we don’t pay too much attention personal space, but that’s normal, with Jonghyun I mean he’s a celebrity, he shouldn’t be so informal about it…at least not like this. “Anyways he just loves you a lot, I’m sure a lot of people care about you.”

“Thanks.” I mutter pushing his arm off playfully.  “Anyways where’s Onew?”

The three of them freeze, Taemin glancing away from me. “Wae?” Jonghyun asks his voice having a sudden edge.

“I was just wondering, I mean when Taemin told me that you guys wanted to have lunch, I assumed it’d be everyone.”

“Aniyo.” Minho says making a face. “Hyung wasn’t nice yesterday, so we’re going to have meal with you without him, and then maybe we’ll go do something fun.”

Nodding my head I look over at Taemin, him smiling sheepishly, but Jonghyun gets up and stands near the door, apparently I pushed a button.

“Hey guys” Key says stepping out with Junnie, his face a little sour, but sort of understandingly now? “Junnie?”

“I’m sorry for calling you fatheads.” He mutters bowing. “I hope you enjoy spending time with my noona.”

Smiling I walk over to him and kiss his cheek. “Thank-you Junnie, don’t worry we’ll have fun soon too.” I tell him rubbing my nose against his.

 

After hugging Junnie good-bye, Minho opens the passenger seat to a car parked in the drive way, getting in I wait to see witch member will be driving, I’ll admit I’m a little curious to know, in the end Minho gets in.

“Are you a good driver?” I ask him buckling up, Jonghyun chuckling behind me; it doesn’t really set me at ease.

“Neh,” He says confidently, pulling out I relax after awhile, Minho actually being a decent driver, he takes us to some restaurant in yet another secluded-ish part off Seoul. Piling out of the car Key proceeds to straighten out Taemin’s hair and shirt, moving on to Jonghyun, Minho and eventually me and lastly himself.

“Why do you do that?” I ask him whining while he straightens my shirt. “Aniyo, I can fix that part!” I mutter swatting his hands away.

“I don’t want us to look disgracefully in public; we have to look our best at all times.” Key lectures me, after that he fixes my bangs before he lets us proceed into the place.

“You get used to it.” Taemin whispers in my ear falling in step by me. “Anyways you look really nice.”

“Thanks, Tae.” I tell him resting my head on his shoulder. “You guys look nice.” I mutter.

Laughing Taemin and I walk in last, Jonghyun glancing back at us every now and then, him looking a little more upset each time. Taking out seats at the table I sit next to Jonghyun and Minho while Key and Taemin sit across from us.

“So Junnie told me that you’ve made plans to spend the day with him tomorrow.” Key says smiling at me. “You’re really a good cousin to him.”

“He’s like my little brother to be honest; I’m really impressed that you calmed him down.” I tell key leaning back in my chair.

“I’m pretty good with kids.” Key says like it was nothing, and it might have been nothing to him, but Junnie can be stubborn and it must have taken a lot to get him to apologize, I don’t think I’d ever be able to get him to do something like that.

“So Jessica do you plan on staying in Korea just for school?” Jonghyun asks me, the light in the place hitting him just right, it reflecting in his eye making them even lighter, his hair a soft reddish brown glow, it was pretty breath-taking and in an instant in his eyes I saw a flash of worry.

“No, I’m thinking about staying for a while, I’ve been to Korea a few times visiting family and all; back then I really liked it, it was a lot of fun, so I’m hoping that I really like it here.”

He looks more relieved, like whatever has been bugging him suddenly disappeared. “That’s good to hear, but what about your parents?”

Scoffing I look past Taemin’s head at the wall, a pale blue color. “I don’t really care.” After flipping the coin and deciding that I’d be going to Korea they weren’t too pleased, they wanted me to stay in the states, with them and continue my life there, but really I want to try something new, and this is that fresh new start for me, this is me getting a do-over.

Dropping it we talk about other things, sitting there and enjoying a lunch is relaxing, finding out that I really do have more in common with them all than I thought I would, particularly Jonghyun, but still as much as he seemed to like me he couldn’t let something go out of his mind it seemed, like after we were laughing about something for a while or joking around he’d freeze up, and stop for a while.

 

“You should come back to the dorm for a little bit!” Tae cheers in the car. “We could play a game.”

Chuckling I check my watch. “I guess, but I can’t stay too late, and if you guys don’t mind I suppose it wouldn’t be bad.”

Minho drives us towards the dorm, happily listening to Key and Jonghyun joke about something, while Taemin and I excitedly chat about hanging out and getting to spend time together. I really like spending time with Taemin, he makes things so easy for me to just relax and enjoy the time with him.

 

Walking in we see Onew sitting on the couch pouting. “Jessica!” He whines running up to me. “I thought we were friends!”

“We are.” I tell him unsurely looking at the others for some help as to what his deal is. “Something the matter?”

He nods his head furiously. “You went out with the others!”

Laughing I hug him. “Oh, we had lunch no big deal, I mean it’s not like it’s our last meal.”

“Exactly hyung.” Jonghyun says happily skipping in, taking my hand leading me to the couch, while the others all shift a little. Relaxing on the couch I lean on Jonghyun with Taemin resting on me, Minho on him and Onew and Key looking at the four of us shaking their heads.

“Jessica you’ve gotten to comfortable with us.” Key says laughing, taking a seat on the floor with Onew following suit. “I mean look at you guys.”

“She’s one of them already.” Onew pouts. “She’s joined the ranks of Taemin and Jonghyun.”

“Minho?” I ask looking at him funnily. “What ranks?”

“Hyung means that you’ve been favoring them.” Minho says rolling his eyes. “Although I don’t think so.”

“Deh.” Key says taking a seat closer. “She’s obviously not in their ranks.”

“I don’t think I like where this conversation is going.” I mutter barring my face into Jonghyun's shoulder.

Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun all pat me affectionately on the head shoulder and back. “There, there out little Jessica.”

Chuckling at them I look over at the clock, nearly dinner time. “I better get going.” I tell them yawning.

“Aw!” Taemin says sadly. “Noona”

“Look whose Junnie now.” Minho says laughing. “Taemin she does have a family.”

“Right and we can hang out again.”

“Tomorrow?” Onew asks.

I shake my head. “I promised to spend the day with Junnie.” I explain to him. “But maybe the day after or something.”

Agreeing that we’d make plans later I walk down to the lobby with Jonghyun, the others having chores to do.

 

“So you’re pretty close with Taemin and Minho.” He says quietly. “You guys act like old friends.”

Walking backwards I stare at him amusedly. “Jonghyun I get along with you all, it’s just my age is closer to theirs.”

“And Key’s, so where does that leave Onew and I?” He asks me, the spiteful tone slipping out again.

I shrug my shoulders at him, sighing I stop. “Jonghyun what’s been bugging you all day? You’re fine one second but then the next something is holding you back or having you mad at me.”

Letting out a deep breath he looks at me sadly. “I’m sorry, it’s just…I guess I’m a little jealous of everyone else.”

“Don’t be.” I mutter to him patting his cheek. “I’ll ask Junnie if he wouldn’t mind a tag-along, that is if you’re free tomorrow.”

“Me, you and Junnie?” He asks raising a brow. “I think that’d be nice, but I don’t want to upset Junnie, I’ll pass. I don’t want him calling me a fathead every time he sees me.”

“You sure?”

“Deh, we can hang out with Junnie after he stops hating us.” He says lightly. “Maybe next time.”

Nodding my head I get in a taxi waving good-bye to Jonghyun.



 

This chapter was a bit harder to write than I thought it would be. :/ Anyways do you guys like it so far? I'm sort of hoping so. 

Comment and Subscribe!!