Chapter 4: Chanyeol x Iseul x Suho Part 1

The Love Cafe: Mini Fluff Series

“Love Café” Chapter 4

Suho x Iseul x Chanyeol Part 1:

___________________________________________

“Wait a sec, guys. I have to go to the bathroom.” Iseul said, excusing herself before standing up and heading to the bathroom.

The other girls waited for her to disappear before bombarding her sister with questions.

“Mina-yah! Is it true that Iseul and Joonmyun oppa broke up?” Jang Mi asked.

“Yeah.” Mina nodded before continuing, “But she’s actually okay with it now. She drowned herself in alcohol the first few days but…ask her instead. I don’t want to spoil the juicy stuff.” Mina laughed.

Not long after, Iseul made her way back to the lounge and sat between Muri and Riya.

“Girl, what happened?”

Iseul heaved a sigh before smiling at her friends.

_____

 “It’s been fun, Iseul-ah, really. But…” Suho trailed.

“What are you trying to say, oppa? I don’t understand.” Iseul lied when she actually knew where this was going.

“It’s not working anymore. I’m sure you’ll find a better man; someone who deserves you, but that ‘someone’ isn’t me. I’m sorry.”  

Suho gave Iseul a long, apologetic hug before walking away.

 

Iseul felt tears streaming down her face, making her wake up from her thoughts. She looked at her surroundings and finally broke down, sitting on the bench near her as she buried her face on her hands.

She was at the school garden; one of her favorite places. This is where she met Suho exactly a year ago. This is where their romance bloomed, but sadly, this is also the place where Iseul’s dream of having a future with Suho came crashing down. This is where she saw him with another girl just a few days ago, but not having the courage to talk to him about it, she just let it go.

She was always like this when it came to Suho.

Iseul was one of the most popular girls in school. She was loved not only because she was pretty, but because she had a heart of gold and treated everyone around her easily. But here she is now, having her own heart shattering into pieces.

Iseul stood up from the bench and started to walk mindlessly until she ended up in a small food stall near the university.

_____

(Iseul’s POV)

“Ahjumma! One more bottle of Soju please!” I shouted at the stall owner, Mrs. Kim.

I’m not a drinker. In all honesty, I don’t even drink but I heard that when you do, you’ll be able to temporarily forget the ugly things in life and that is exactly what I want to do right now.

I want to forget.

“You’re too young and beautiful to drown yourself in tears and alcohol. It’s already late, Iseul-ssi. Go home. “ Mrs. Kim said.

Why is everybody pushing me away today? I thought before drinking my last shot. I don’t want to go home. I don’t want my family to see me in this state. They all liked Suho oppa so much…Well, except Mina. She’s been rooting for Chanyeol for so long already.

 

After what seemed like forever, I found myself in front of the Love Café. Why, of course, my feet would lead me here. This place is like my second home; my happy place. I entered the café only to find the boys in the midst of cleaning up already.

“Oh? Iseul?” Xiumin oppa smiled at me.

“Oppa!” I cried, running to him for a hug.

I felt him let out a deep breath before speaking. “That broke broke your heart, didn’t he?” he asked, patting my head.

I pulled back, asking him how he found out. “I never thought he was good for you, but I let it go since you insisted on dating him.”

Was it really only me who believed things could work out between Suho oppa and I?

“You can stay here if you want. Oppa has to go home. Don’t cry anymore, ara?” he said, bidding me goodbye.

“Thanks, oppa.”

“I want you to think clearly, Iseul-ah. Is it really Suho who makes you happy? Is it Suho you can’t live without? Is he the one who truly loves you and cares for you? Think about it.” He added before flashing me a smile and closing the door, leaving me alone at the café.

 

I sat on the counter, facing the kitchen with a cup of coffee in my hands.

Is it really Suho oppa who makes me happy? Yes, he used to be my source of joy. But I used to be happy even before I met him. I can be happy without him and besides, he’s not the only one who can make me happy. I have my family, friends and…my best friend.

Is it Suho you can’t live without? That’s what I thought.

“Is he the one who truly loves you and cares for you? Think about it.” Xiumin oppa’s voice echoed on my mind.

Loves me and cares for me?

Before I could even think, I heard the bell on the front door ring. Someone must have came in.

 

“Sorry, we’re already clo-“ I said while turning around, but cut off mid sentence when I saw Chanyeol in front of me.

He held on his knees as he tried to catch his breath.

“Ch-chanyeol ah? What are you doing here this late?” I asked, wide-eyed.

He didn’t answer me. Instead, he looked at me intently and pulled me into his arms, giving me exactly what I needed right now; a tight hug.

__________________________

Author’s Note:

Annyeong! 

Will post Chapter 5 tomorrow ^^

Please comment, subscribe and upvote^^ Thanks~

XOXO,

Jaeni