Chapter 5: Chanyeol x Iseul Part Two

The Love Cafe: Mini Fluff Series

"Love Cafe" Chapter 5

Chanyeol & Iseul Part Two

_____________________________________

“Ch-chanyeol ah? What are you doing here this late?” I asked, wide-eyed.

He didn’t answer me. Instead, he looked at me intently and pulled me into his arms, giving me exactly what I needed right now; a tight hug.

 

I hugged him back. He probably knows already.

He pulled back slightly, cupping my face as he lovingly gazed at me, still not saying anything.

“How did you find me?” I asked, or more like whispered.

 

“I was hungry so I went so our favorite food stall, but ahjumma said you were drinking earlier. I called Mina and she said you weren’t home yet so I got worried and I guess this is where my feet led me.” He explained, making me smile in awe.

If only Suho oppa cares this much…

“You must be really hungry, Yeollie. I’m so sorry for causing you trouble. Let’s eat! My treat!” I offered, feeling guilty that he missed a meal because of me.

“I have a better idea…” he started, making me look at him. “Why don’t we go to my apartment and you cook something for me. I know you don’t want to go home.”

“But…”

“No buts!” he said, pointing his index finger at me.

“Fine, I’ll go get my stuff from the kitchen.”

I came out to find him laughing heartily while talking to someone on the phone.

I wonder who that is.

 

I had no choice but to follow him. We walked all the way to his apartment but never talked because he was on the phone the whole time.

“Who was that?!” I snapped when he finally put down his phone. Why am I even upset?

“Chill, that was your mom. I told her you’re staying with me for the night. And don’t worry, she’s okay with it. You know your mom likes me and trusts me.” He winked, suddenly making me flustered.

You shouldn’t be blushing because of your best friend, Jang Iseul. Ugh.

 

I know how to cook but I am no good at it. This might taste awful, but I still want to make it up to Chanyeol. I placed the food in front of him, nervous of what he’s going to say about it. Chanyeol chewed the food slowly and closed his eyes in….dissatisfaction, perhaps?


“See! I told you I can’t cook! I’m sorry, we can just order decent food if you li-“

“Shhh~ I’m savoring the flavor.” He shushed me, before opening his eyes and flashing his signature goofy grin. “This is actually good, Iseul-ah. Cook this for me every day when we’re married already.”  

I gave him a weird look. Marry my , Park Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol-ah, can we drink?” I asked after eating and he could only laugh at me.

“No, it’s bad for you.”

“Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee” I begged with a hint of aegyo.

“I said no and that is final!” he spat, walking out of the living room.

I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen him mad and I didn’t want him to hate me so I went after him right away, finding him sulking In his room.

“Chanyeol-ah…” I trailed, making him look at me. He patted the space beside him on his bed, indicating me to sit there.

 

“I’m sorry I yelled at you, Seul. I just don’t want you to ruin your life because of some jerk. I know I’m not your boyfriend and that gives me no right to be strict, but I just want to protect you.” He said, looking down as he fiddled with his fingers.

I caught his hand in mine, catching him a bit off guard.

“Thanks, Chanyeol-ah.” I said, looking down at our intertwined fingers.

“For what?”

“For everything. For always being there for me, for always finding me when I run away, for always putting back the smile on my face.”

“You don’t have to thank me, Iseul-ah. That’s what best friends are for.” He smiled, giving my hand a tight squeeze.

 

“You know, I really thought he was the one… but I guess I was wrong.”

Chanyeol heaved a sigh. “Look around you, Iseul. Open your heart for others.  Suho hyung may have loved you, but someone else could love you and take care of you better. If only you give that person a chance.”

Is this what Xiumin oppa was talking about? Is this why he wanted me to think clearly?

How can I be so stupid and numb?

I looked at Chanyeol before wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

“I don’t think anyone else could love me and care for me as much as you do.” I whispered, feeling him hug me back.

“Damn right you are. So, will you give me a chance, Iseul-ah? Please. Let me show you how much I love you. Let me take care of you and heal your heart.” He asked full of sincerity.

I didn’t answer. Instead, I pulled him in for a quick peck on the lips, indicating a “yes.”

 

It’s only now that I realize…

It’s Chanyeol who makes me happy.

It’s Chanyeol I can’t live without.

He’s the one who truly loves me and cares for me.

And I want to do the same to him.

 

“You’re finally mine.” He whispered against my lips.

 

I never expected my prince to be right beside me all along. Now I see him and he’s the only one I see.

 

______________

 

“What?! You’re dating Chanyeol now?” Jaeni screamed and I nodded proudly.

“Good for you, girl! You know how long we’ve been rooting for Chanyeol! Especially Mina! She’s like Chanyeol’s #1 fangirl!” Tianshi chuckled.

“Ooooh and speaking of Mina…Do you still like that jerk Luman…Lukan…or whatever his name is...” Riya asked.

“His name is Luhan and…….” Mina trailed, teasing every one.

 

___________________________

 

Author’s Note:

LOL CLIFFHANGER I LOVE YOU GUYS HEHEHEHE