Chapter 3

In A World Like This

When Kyuhyun woke up in the morning, he noticed he had still circled his arms around Sungmin’s little frame, hugging the boy close to himself.
 


Kyuhyun slightly slid closer to the boy, nuzzling his nose in his silky, soft hair, which was smelling heavenly.


The boy’s steady breathing was having a calming effect on Kyuhyun’s heart, making the elder feel on ease.


He’d give everything in the world to make this moment last longer.



But his bladder begged otherwise.



Cursing in his mind, Kyuhyun cussed at his bladder, while carefully pushing Sungmin’s body to the side, making sure he wouldn’t wake up, so he could release himself.


After that, he quickly showered and brushed his teeth, trying to return as fast as possible to the boy’s side.

 


By 11am, also Sungmin finally awoke, rubbing his eyes and stretching his short arms, just when Kyuhyun went back to their room.


“Good morning, Sungminnie. Did you sleep well?” Kyuhyun immediately cooed, kneeling beside his bed and taking the smiling boy’s hands into his.
Sungmin nodded cutely and smiled brightly, before wounding his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck, taking the elder by surprise.


“Err… Sungmin?” Kyuhyun stammered and softly patted the latter’s back, who snuggled closer to the former and murmured, “I’m hungry.”


Kyuhyun smiled softly, before lifting the still tired boy up and carrying him into the kitchen, before gently placing the boy on one of the chairs.
“Be a good, little boy and stay here, while I make breakfast, okay?” Kyuhyun instructed, before turning towards the fridge and cussing in his mind anew.


What was he supposed to do, if he never learned how to cook?

He couldn’t let the boy eat ramen, that was for sure, Sungmin needed something that would give him enough energy for the day.
 

Examining the ingredients of the fridge, Kyuhyun tightly furrowed his eyebrows and turned around once more.
“What would you like to eat, Sungminnie?” he asked softly and beamed at the boy.

 

“I want a scrambled egg!” Sungmin exclaimed and clapped his hands in anticipation, while Kyuhyun turned around again, distorting his face.
 

Of course a person like Kyuhyun wasn’t in possession of eggs.


“What? Did you say cereals?” Kyuhyun replied, cursing at himself once more in his mind for that low excuse.
 

“No! I said scrambled egg! That’s not even close to cereals!” Sungmin replied, stomping his tiny feet on the floor, when he suddenly appeared beside Kyuhyun.


“I’m sorry Ming, but I fear I don’t have any eggs here…” Kyuhyun apologized, kneeling beside the boy, who didn’t seem to mind though.

 

At least it looked like that in Kyuhyun’s opinion.

 

“Sunny would make me scrambled eggs…” Sungmin huffed and cutely crossed his arms in front of his chest, slightly turning to the side and pouting.


“Alright okay, let’s eat outside! What do you think of that?” Kyuhyun asked desperately, lightly tugging on the boy’s arm, to make him turned back to him.


“Why don’t you tell Sunny to make me scrambled eggs?” Sungmin asked and smirked slightly, causing Kyuhyun to widen his eyes, before he nonetheless shrugged it off and got his phone from his pocket to call his friend.

 

 

“See Sungminnie, it wasn’t a good idea to stay with Kyuhyun after all. He can’t even make scrambled eggs!” Sunny said, smiling in victory, when she heard Kyuhyun scoff.


“But Kyuhyun allowed me to sleep as long as I wanted!” Sungmin defended him and giggled cutely.


“Anyway, after you’ve eaten we’ll go back to my place, alright.” Sunny rather declared than asked and placed a plate with Sungmin’s scrambled egg in front of him.

The boy was way too absorbed in his food, to actually register what Sunny had said and only nodded, not thinking about whatever it could have been.


“No! He… he can’t!” Kyuhyun immediately denied, shaking his head, while positioning himself in front of Sungmin, blocking Sunny’s way to the boy, “Let’s see what he’ll say after he finished his breakfast!”

Sunny could only roll her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her chest, aware of Kyuhyun’s stubbornness.

 

“Now Sungmin. Where would you prefer to stay? At my place, where all your plushies and toys are, or at Kyuhyun’s place, where you won’t even get fed with your favorite dishes?” Sunny asked sneakily and hid her smirk behind a soft smile, while Kyuhyun could only gasp and stare at her in disbelief.


She was using unfair practices!
 

The boy cutely places his index finger on his chin, while munching on the last bit of his scrambled egg.
“I want to stay here.” Sungmin decided with a steady nod and went to hug Kyuhyun’s legs, who smirked evilly at Sunny.


“A-are you sure..?” Sunny asked in shock, disappointed her dirty method wasn’t working.


Sungmin nodded his head vigorously, watching Sunny’s mouth open and close itself numerous times.

“D-did you even get to bath, Sungminnie?” she asked, sure that he hadn’t, since most of Sungmin’s clothes were at her place.


“No and I don’t want to!” Sungmin replied, sticking his tongue out at her, before storming off and escaping in Kyuhyun’s room.


“Well done, Sunny. Now you scared him away!” Kyuhyun scoffed and followed Sungmin into the room, leaving Sunny dumbstruck once again.

 

“Alright! I give up! But if you don’t take well care of him, I will freaking sue you, Cho Kyuhyun!” Sunny screamed, before dashing out of the apartment, making Kyuhyun chuckle.

 

 

“You know, Sunny was right…” Kyuhyun mumbled, thinking of Sungmin having it better at her place. And most of all – taking a bath, because Sungmin’s smell started to … change.


“We can get my clothes and my toys later. I don’t need them right now anyway.” Sungmin defined, after laying back down on Kyuhyun’s bed and yawning, making Kyuhyun coo stupidly.

 

 

 

“Sungmin? Ming-ah! Come on, it’s time for dinner!” Kyuhyun slightly shook the boy’s tiny body, causing the younger to groan and blink several times, before finally sitting up.

Taking in two deep breaths, Sungmin scrunched up his nose, in the end contorting his whole face.
“What… what’s wrong?” Kyuhyun asked confused and worried, afraid the boy would start to cry.

“Did you cook or what’s that bad smell?” Sungmin asked, sticking his tongue out at the speechless Kyuhyun, who could only blink in awe.

 

“YAH!” he shouted after finally realizing what the boy had actually said, and chased after the fleeing child, who giggled adorably, bringing finally some life back to that apartment. 


Sooo... sorry for the late, lame, bad and short update but someone was urging me to update aaand I didn't even break my promise! xD
Hope you could kinda... enjoy this ? D:
Please tell me what you think about it though! :D