Chapter 2

In A World Like This

It wasn’t even 1am, when Kyuhyun’s phone started ringing repeatedly.
 

But due to the fact that he had been searching for his little treasure, that was now sleeping in his bed, he was quite tired and also because of his unbeatable laziness.



He desperately tried to ignore that annoying vibrating – futile, whereupon the grandiose thought of ‘switching it off’ crossed his mind.



With that he was finally able to doze off, to enjoy his sleep, anticipating what the next day has to offer.


 

But again his important sleep was disturbed!



This time that troublemaker even had the guts to appear at his place and even worse – to hammer against Kyuhyun’s door, while ringing the bell non-stop.



Groaning in agony, Kyuhyun reluctantly got up and let his stiff feet drag his limp, tired and exhausted body towards the front door, before collapsing against it.


Well, he wasn’t used to welcome guests, when it’s not even 5am.




“What?” Kyuhyun growled, after angrily tearing the door open, while leaning against the wall beside the door.
 

He had to save the rest of his energy, for beating up that annoying intruder!



What he didn’t expect though, was to see one of his close friends, Sunny, distraught and as a total crying mess, desperately clenching onto her tiny, purple purse.



His tired eyes shot open, showing those bloody-red veins that were still pulsating from anger.



“Oh Kyuhyun! You have to help me! Please! I’m begging you!” Sunny cried helplessly, while literally throwing herself onto the clueless Kyuhyun.


“Sunny, what’s wrong? You look horrible!” Kyuhyun commented and carefully shoved his friend off his body, his legs barely could keep him standing, even less his friend in additional with himself!


“Thanks… but you don’t look too well either!” Sunny sobbed and roughly wiped her tears off her red and puffy cheeks.


“That might be, because it’s only half past 4!” Kyuhyun snarled, already on red alert to defend his pride.


“I know and I’m terribly sorry, but I really, really need your help! You’re the only trustworthy in this case!” Sunny cried quietly and hid her face in her palms, soft sobs escaping her lungs.


“I’m trustworthy? Wow, so what is it?” Kyuhyun asked amused, proud of himself being called ‘trustworthy’.


“I… I lost him! They’ll kill me for sure, I’m a dead woman, Kyu!” Sunny shouted in despair, waking up several neighbors of Kyuhyun, who all curiously stuck out their heads and eavesdropped on their conversation.


“I always knew you were different…” Kyuhyun mumbled sneakily, being his evil self, as usual.


“Kyu! I meant… you know… well, I told you about that nice couple that is now on their business trip? They asked me to look after their child, while they’ll  be in Japan, but now it’s gone as well!”

 

“And what has that got to do with me?” Kyuhyun grumbled in annoyance, while crossing his arms in front of his chest, glaring at his neighbors, who quickly disappeared back in their flats.


“You… it… come on, Kyu! You need to help me looking for him! Who knows what might happen to him! Out in the dark… alone, cold and probably… lost!” Sunny worried, tears still streaming down her already wet face, while desperately clinging onto Kyuhyun’s arm.


“Alright, okay! Let me go, then I’ll help you…” Kyuhyun replied, immediately lifting his arms, after being released and adding a “…tomorrow!”


“No! Now!” Sunny ordered and gripped onto Kyuhyun’s arm once more, causing the evil maknae to laugh slyly, before he shoved her away, to get his jacket, while mumbling a low reply.


“What’s his name?” Kyuhyun asked, as soon as he and Sunny stepped out of his flat, ready to search for the little boy everywhere.

That feeling felt somehow seemed familiar to Kyuhyun…

 

“Oh! Wait!” Kyuhyun lifted his index finger and ran back to his flat, quickly opening the door to get his phone, Sunny trailing quickly after him.


“What is it?” she asked, and tapped her foot impatiently on the floor, creating a sound that echoed through the whole staircase.


“Nothing, I just forgot my phone… oh! And I should write Sungmin a note, if he wakes up, so he won’t be scared!” Kyuhyun remembered and rushed back into the living room, where he quickly scribbled some words onto a piece of paper, hoping the boy was already able to read and quietly placed it in his room, on the bedside table, just beside the sleeping beauty.

 

 

As soon as Kyuhyun had softly closed the door to his bedroom and turned around, a wide-eyed Sunny was staring at him, widely open.


“Close your mouth, you might catch flies. Or wait… just go on!” Kyuhyun mocked her, causing her to quickly shake her head, before tightly gripping Kyuhyun’s shoulders, causing the male to stop in his tracks, already about to leave his house.

 

“What did you just say?!” Sunny asked, her mind all cloudy and everything mixed up, before things slowly started to make sense to her.


“Uhm… Close your mouth, you mi-…” Kyuhyun began, surprised she’d ask, but nonetheless he had to answer, his maliciousness forced him to do so.


“No, before that!” Sunny interrupted him, rubbing her temples and closed her eyes tightly.


“I forgot my phone?” Kyuhyun asked, slightly turning his head in confusion.


“After that!” Sunny ordered, hardly concentrating on every word Kyuhyun was saying.


“Oh! I should write Sungmin a note!” Kyuhyun replied, snapping his fingers in victory, when he saw Sunny’s  eyes lit up, telling him, this was what she was looking for.


“You want to know what I wrote?” Kyuhyun asked in confusion, while staring at his friend as if she had just said the dumbest in the world.


“No! I want to know what Sungmin that is! First of all, we all know you don’t have something like a girlfriend, so you having a son is excludable – or in other words, just… no way! Second, as far as I know, Ahra doesn’t have a son either, and I highly doubt your mom got another baby, whom you’re looking after now, so tell me, who is that ‘Sungmin’?!”


“Why are you so keen about that Sungmin? He’s only five, are you a e, or what?!” Kyuhyun mocked her, silently laughing at his own statement, since he just felt like that only a short time ago.


“Kyu! I’m being serious here!” Sunny squeaked and lightly hit Kyuhyun with her purse.


“Yeah, yeah. But don’t expect me to wake him up at a time like this – I’m not like you!” Kyuhyun replied, tapping his finger on his wrist.


“Whatever. I’ll just stay here for that while.” Sunny decided with a nod at the end of her sentence, convinced that Kyuhyun wouldn’t mind anyway.


“No, no, no, no, no! Just… go back to sleep! Don’t worry! See, everything’s fine now, right?” Kyuhyun remarked, trying to shove his friend towards the front door, to quickly get rid of her.


“No way, I’ll stay here, I made my decision! What if it’s not even that Sungmin I had been looking after?” Sunny asked desperately, again gripping Kyuhyun’s arm that already reddened after being held for that long and tightly.


“Oh? You think my Sungmin is your Sungmin? No way, he’s my Sungmin!” Kyuhyun replied, defensively waving his wands in front of him.

 

Before they could continue quarreling, they both got startled by an almost unnoticeable and adorable yawn, causing both to turn on their heels and stare at the just awoken Sungmin, who was cutely rubbing his sleepy eyes.

 

“Sungmin!” Kyuhyun and Sunny shouted in unison, before immediately lunging themselves onto the small boy, whose eyes widened in fear and quickly backed away.


“Why are you up? Did this evil woman disturb your sleep?” Kyuhyun asked and lightly his Sunny’s shoulder.


“No… I was already used to lovers quarrel, but you two were even louder than my parents!” the little boy quietly explained, his eyes dropping almost close, while the two adults in the room exchanged more than just disgusted looks with each other.


“What?! Me and Sunny?! Noooo, no way, never!” Kyuhyun denied immediately and Sunny agreed, nodding her head eagerly.

“Not even in 100 years, if we were the only humans alive! Before I’d date Sunny, I’d become gay!” Kyuhyun went on, Sunny still kneeling beside him and nodding, before she seemed to notice what Kyuhyun had just said and shouted, “Hey!”


Ignoring the fact that he had been hit just now by a mad Sunny, Kyuhyun giggled maliciously as always.

 

“Anyway… thanks Kyu, for looking after him,” Sunny thanks Kyuhyun and even slightly bowed, causing Kyuhyun’s jaw to drop.

Never in his life had he seen something like that!

 

“Come on, Sungminnie! Let’s go home and sleep, alright?” Sunny ordered and grabbed Sungmin’s soft, little hand.

 

Kyuhyun was having a hard time, to keep smiling, not wanting to stare coldly at the little boy, with the same cold his heart was feeling right now.

 

He felt his chest tightening, while tears slowly welled up his eyes, making his sight all blurry.

 

 

All the time he had spent looking for this boy…


 

And those few happy memories they created together…


 

Just when he had finally found his treasure, why must someone have to destroy everything?!

 



“No! I want to stay with Kyuhyun-mister!”

Two shocked gazes were diverted on Sungmin, who was clinging to Kyuhyun’s leg, trying to avoid Sunny’s hands.

 

“You… you want to stay with Kyuhyun? With… with him?  With this guy? Are you kidding me?” Sunny asked in disbelief, while Kyuhyun suppressed his sobs, letting one tear slide across his cheek, while Sungmin smiled reassuringly at him, making him feel at ease.

His chest felt much lighter and he couldn’t stop his mouth angles from rising, making him smile brightly at Sungmin, while getting down on the floor, before hugging him and lifting him up.


“Yep, and now let’s go back to sleep! Bye Sunny!” with those words Kyuhyun disappeared with Sungmin in his arms, who had a devilish smirk on his face and waved cutely at Sunny, who was more than just dumbstruck at the moment.


“Yeah, bye Sunny!”


Now, if that wasn't totally predictable! xD
I hope I could... kind of ... satisfy your 'claims' ? XD and didn't make the whole thing worse~ :P