Chapter 3 - Surprise

The Only Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon Wednesday came. The two met in front of Jongin’s gate before setting off to the place the boy talked about. They arrived at a very tall and spacious building.

When they reached the 9th floor, Jongin held Sajeul’s hand and led her to one of the rooms of the large building. The guy stopped in his tracks so Sajeul likewise stopped . She looked at him with creased eyebrows wondering why they went there.

Jongin gently covered her eyes with his hands which made the girl more curious. She placed her hands on top of Jongin’s planning to remove the guy’s hands.

“Yah~ why do you have to cover my eyes?” she curiously asked.

But the boy didn’t remove his hands from covering the girl's eyes. He grinned to himself and whispered to her, “It’s a surprise so I’ll need to cover your eyes first.”

To others, it may be a sweet scene. But Sajeul and Kai’s interactions like this were normal for them. The two seemed to be oblivious of their gestures that may seem affectionate to others.

Sajeul scrunched up her nose in defeat. “Aigoo~ okay, okay. But if I ever accidentally bump to a wall because of this, I’ll really blame you.” She threatened.

Her words made Jongin laugh out loud. Nonetheless the guy conceded and answered, “Okay.” Although this girl does or says something threatening, still he finds that adorable. 

Jongin slowly opened the door and they both went inside. He was still covering her eyes with his left hand while he closes the door using his right hand.

The guy guided her and halted to a stop when they reached the middle of the room.

"Okay, were here. You can open your eyes after I count to three. Hana, dul, set!” He removed his hands from her eyes.

Sajeul carefully opened her eyes. She blinked a lot of times since her eyesight was still blurry. But once her vision cleared up, she gasped at what she saw.

She turned around her place as she scanned the wide spacious room they were at. On the walls were full-scaled mirrors and through it she saw Jongin behind her, totally amused of her reaction. Sajeul has that fascinated look in her face, like a five year old child who was given her favorite candies. Her smile was so bright and she couldn’t hide her happiness.

“Wow~…” she mumbled to herself and went to the other side of the room. She touched her reflection on the mirror, truly fascinated.

Jongin went up to her. “Is it the first time that you saw a MIRROR?...” he mischievously commented and chuckled.

Sajeul narrowed her eyes at her with a glint of mischief and lightly knocked Jongin’s head.

“Ouch! That hurts~” he complained as he rubbed the part of his head that the girl hit.

Sajeul just shrugged at Jongin’s reaction. “Yah~ it’s NOT the first time I saw a mirror.” She said in a matter of fact tone. “Besides, I’m older than you. Better start calling me ‘noona’.” She reminded him once again.

Jongin just made a face at her. “I know you’re a year older than me.” He muttered and walked to the center.

“But you looked like a five year old when you saw the dance studio.” He and went to the table at the corner of the room. He started setting up the music player.

Sajeul followed him. “Aniyo~” she insisted and sat down at the chair beside the table.

“But it’s the first time I went inside a practice room like this. Or dance studio, as you labeled it a while ago.” She said still looking around, her eyes still full of amusement.

Jongin took a glance at her. *I’m glad that she liked it.* He thought and smiled contently to himself as he continues setting up the player.

When he finished, he played a very catchy pop song. He went to the center of the room and danced to the song.

Sajeul watched him from her seat and clapped & bopped her head to the beat of the music playing. She was slowly enjoying the song letting herself move to its beat. And watching Jongin dance was totally appealing to her.

Jongin has that magical power to enchant his audience whenever he is dancing. The way he moved around the dance floor to the rhythm of the music was so perfect and precise. He is indeed captivating that you would think that this charismatic guy is a whole different person from the usually mischievous Jongin.

Sajeul even thought that maybe Jongin is made to dance and perform. No it’s not a maybe, he IS made to dance. Like Jongin and dancing were soulmates meant to be together.

When he finished dancing, Jongin went to the player and pressed the ‘stop’ button. Sajeul admired how great Jongin dances.

“That was great.” She gave him thumbs up, beaming at him. “As expected of the ‘dancing king’…” she cheerfully commended.

Jongin chuckled at her ‘flowery’ words. “I don’t really get settled with those kinds of talk.” He abruptly grabbed her hand and dragged her to the middle.

“It’s your turn to DANCE.” He said with a smirk.

Sajeul’s eyes went wide. “What?...a-are you serious?”

Jongin just innocently nodded at her like it’s the most natural thing that happens.

“B-but… I can’t dance. Y-you know… I’m not a good dancer at all.” She stuttered hoping that he’d change his mind.

“Will you stop worrying?” Jongin interrupted her. Sajeul gave him a blank stare in reply.

“The dancing king will teach you.” He said with a smug expression in his face.

Sajeul’s blank expression was changed into an amused one. “Talk about overconfidence.” She stated.

“So… Let’s start?” the guy asked her.          

 

After teaching her the dance moves, Jongin decided to make her practice with the music on. Then they both danced to the rhythm of the song. Although there are times Sajeul forgets a few steps, Jongin thought that the girl learns well.

Suddenly, Jongin’s phone rang. He reached for it in his pocket to answer the call after excusing himself. He went to the other side of the room while Sajeul tried to recall the steps that she has learned.

“Yoboseyo?” He put the phone in his left ear.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter