Chapter 1 - Him and Her

The Only Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Please Kai Oppa… accept my confession.” A sweet yet shy hoobae confessed her love to Kim Jongin (or more popularly known as Kai). Kai is one of the most popular guys in Hanyoung Performing Arts Academy.

 

Hanyoung Performing Arts Academy is one of the best performing arts school in the country. Kim Jongin is specializing on dance and music. His dancing skills were extraordinary, earning him much popularity from fangirls and favor of the teachers and students. 

 

The girl bashfully handed out a gift prettily wrapped in bluish white colored paper to Kai.

 

Kai stared at the girl in front of him with unsure eyes. Sure, the girl is pretty but there is one problem. He sighed inwardly and gave the girl an apologetic smile while slowly shaking his head.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m not interested in dating yet.” He answered her in a slow manner careful not to hurt her feelings. However, everyone knows that rejection is hand in hand with hurt. Can anyone not feel hurt after getting rejected?

 

The girl lifted her head from staring at the solid floor to glance at the perfectly chiseled face of Kai. It really hurts to be rejected by your ultimate crush. She tried her might not to cry in front of Kai and controlled her expression by biting her lower lip anxiously.

 

“O-okay.” She simply replied. The girl whipped around in her place and ran away dejectedly from Kai.

 

 Kai felt bad as he recalled the look of the girl’s disappointed face. It’s always that same feeling coming back to him after rejecting innumerous confessions. Putting his hands inside his pockets, he started walking towards where his classroom is.

 

*****

 

“You rejected a girl again, right?” Sehun suddenly popped in Kai’s sight just before Kai went through the classroom door.

 

Upon hearing this, the girls inside the classroom (including those outside) gasped in delight, thankful that their favorite guy in school isn’t taken yet. Actually, they were expecting that Kai wouldn’t accept any of bunches of confessions meeting him.

 

But they were partly afraid that if Kai get tired of rejecting, he’d accept anyone. Victorious as they always are, the fangirls could still continue liking Kai. And even if Kai would be committed with any girl, it’s not like they’ll stop their obsession over the ‘dancing machine’. They’re just super glad that Kai is still free and available. Who knows, they may still be able to try their luck.

 

Take note, his fangirls not only includes those studying in his school but also girls studying from their neighboring schools. What would you expect from one of the lead members of the school’s performing crew who always wins in every competition they joined in? Not to mention that they always notch the either the 1st place or 2nd place (that is, with a decimal point difference).

 

 

Kai just rolled his eyes at Sehun and continued walking towards his seat in the first row. He put down his bag and sat leisurely on his chair.

 

Sehun sat comfortably on Kai’s desk. “That’s the seventh this day.” Sehun took note of and grinned at Kai.

 

Sehun never lost count when it comes to the number of girls confessing to Kai. Yeah, SEVENTH. Man, its barely fifteen minutes ago since he arrived at school and class hasn’t even started, yet he already rejected seven confessions that day.

 

Not that he intentionally makes girls fall for him, he’s just being his natural self. It’s the fangirls own faults, letting their heart be stolen by Kai involuntarily. If only Kai would pick one, he can get any girl he would like. However, he believed that he could perfectly go on with his life without committing himself in a relationship. In short, love wasn’t even included in his insights in life yet. Poor fangirls.

 

Both Kai and Sehun are in their freshmen year in college. However, despite being newbies in the school their popularity is no joke at all. The two are considered a few of the greatest performers Hanyoung ever had resulting to so much popularity they have gained (and still gaining) along with three of their friends who were students in 3rd year, earlier known popular students too.

 

In addition to Kai’s dashing good looks, his academic standing is in between the average and excellent students. He’s also a warm-hearted person and he treats everyone well. Can anyone resist falling for this type of guy? He's almost what a girl could ever dream of. A solid description of a prince charming.

 

But there’s this one problem. Kai doesn’t think that love is yet to enter to his life believing that he could perfectly go on without it. He who has almost everything: a supporting and loving family, dependable fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter