Getting Closer

If This Was A Movie

Baekhyun jump to his bed and sigh. First day of school and he already have a stalker. Oh great. Why is that giant following me? Is he a gangster or what? Baekhyun asks to his self. That giant's face look cute and handsome tbh, but baekhyun kinda scared because he always look at baekhyun with his big eyes. Baekhyun doesnt really care at first, but finally he realize that the giant was following him. He walk faster and hide behind the tree. After that giant was gone, he back to his house.

 

Baekhyun's remember about his father messages to keep his identity a secret. He should wear a mask when he go to school or after school. He doesn't talk really much to his new friend because his father said "a gangster doesn't need a friend". He do everything that his father said. He should do it eventhough he doesn't want. His father said he can be free after this, so he just nods and said yes with everything that his father said.

Baekhyun take out his name tag from his pocket and put it back on his uniform. Sigh.

 

***

 

Chanyeol woke up early today, Park Yura really surprised when she saw Chanyeol already eat his breakfast in the kitchen bar. "C-chanyeol?! Is that you?" Chanyeol frowned "What? Of course. I'm park chanyeol. Your brother"

 

"Its such a miracle to see you awake early in the morning." Yura walks and sat beside chanyeol in the kitchen bar.

 

Chanyeol rolling his eyes, "Whatever. I was late, i should go. bye" Chanyeol drink his milk in hurry and runs out.

He runs to the bus stop as fast as he can, hoping to see the brunette will wait at the bus stop and go to school with a bus just like him. But sadly, there is no one in the bus stop. The brunette not there. Chanyeol sigh dissapointed, a minute later the bus was come. wow so fast. 

 

*
 

"Luhan hyung, can i borrow your books?" Sehun asks with an bright smile. Luhan look at him "what book?"

 

"Math" Luhan sigh and smile, "You want to look at my homework, aren't you?"

 

Sehun gasped, well yeah. He just want to copy the homework actually. but sehun shake his head. "i'm not"

 

"Yes you are. Sehun, you should doing your homework by yourself. Copying someone's homework is not good"

 

"Oh c'mon hyung, it's hard. I can't do it by myself. Please, lemme borrow your books" sehun said with a little aegyo but luhan just shake his head. "No. You should do it by yourself"

 

Sehun sigh, "If i do my homework by myself, will it makes you paying attention on me?"

Luhan shocked and look at sehun who looking at him with his sharp eyes. Oh please. Luhan feels like dying there. "What?"

 

"Will you stop being cold to me? Will you smile to me and stop ignoring me?"

 

"I'm not ignoring you"

 

"Yes you are."

 

"Do your homework first and talk to me when you're done." Luhan said and leaves sehun.

 

Sehun sigh heavyly and watching luhan's back that getting far away. Why is it so hard? Why is it so hard to get your attention, hyung?

 

When sehun still being gloomy in his seat, chanyeol comes and pats his shoulder. "Bro, i need your help"

 

Sehun look at chanyeol "what?"

 

"Did you know about the new student?"

 

"New student?"

 

"Yeah, yesterday i met a boy that i never seen before. He wear the same uniform as us, so i think he's a new student here"

 

Sehun suddenly claps his hands and smiles. "Ah, i see. New target, huh?"

 

"New.. what?"

 

"You must be fallin love with that boy, that's why you asking about him. Right?"

Oh . No doubt sehun was chanyeol's bestfriend. He can understand everything that happening to chanyeol. Chanyeol slap the younger's head playfully while giggles "Yeah, so did you know about him?"

 

"I'm not, why did you ask that thing to me when you know there is someone who always update about everything in this school?" Chanyeol raise his eyebrows, "someone who always update about everything in this school?" he repeated.

 

Sehun nods, "I know you know who's that"

 

Chanyeol start thinking.. who? Someone who always update about everything—AH! Kim JongDae! Jongdae is just like a reporter, he know everything about what happened in this school. He also know about every single student information in this school. That boy was awesome.

 

Chanyeol pats sehun shoulder and saying thank you. After put his bag in his chair, he walks out from class, looking for jongdae.

 

"Good luck, bro" Sehun said before chanyeol gone behind the door.

 

*

 

Chanyeol finally found Kim Jongdae aka Chen in the football field, playing with Luhan and Xiumin.

 

"New student?" he said after listening to chanyeol's question.

 

"Yep. The new boy, his hair is kinda brown, he is short and wear some eyeliner in his eyes"

 

Chen nods, he drink a water from his bottle before answered "hm, i know that boy"

 

Chanyeol got excited "Really? Tell me everything you know about him! Please!"

 

"But i don't know his name. I know his class is 2C, and he's from USA" chen said.

USA? But his face doesnt look like british. His eyes is look like a korean. Small.

 

Chanyeol's wait untill chen continue his word but he doesn't. "Just that?"

 

"What?"

 

"That's all you know about him?"

 

"Yeah. He's kinda closed and silent, he doesn't talk much at class, he even always gone when the break lunch time."

 

"Gone?"

 

"Yeah, no one ever seen him in canteen or class or anywhere. Some student thinks he's kinda ghost or something"

 

Chanyeol frowned. Impossible. There is no ghost with such an beautiful eyes like that. Chanyeol suddenly remember that he's talking to the king of troll kim jongdae. Did he.... "You didn't trolling me, aren't you?"

 

"What?! Hey! I'm not that bad." Chen said while throwing his bottle to chanyeol. Chanyeol just laugh and nods. Well, he looks serious now. Especially there is xiumin, the only one boy that never get trolled by chen. Chanyeol know that chen was fallin love with xiumin. he always acts cute and kind in front of him. Whatever. The most important thing is he know a little bit thing about the brunette. Today he should know about the brunette's house. He will following him again. Chanyeol said thanks to chen and walk back to class.

 

***

 

The bell rang, everyone in the class packing their stuff and one by one leave the class. Baekhyun sigh, he take off his name tag and put it on his pocket. He packing some his school stuff and put it on his bag. He should cover his face with mask again and walks back to home. Baekhyun's think he will be happy to live alone and far away from his father, but he was wrong. Living alone and far away just makes his father give a lot of pressure to him. Like this one, covering his own identity. Baekhyun doesn't want to do this. He want to live normally like the others. But what can he do? Nothing.

 

Baekhyun's arrived at the bus stop, And that tall boy is there. The one that following him yesterday. Oh right, one more problems. Baekhyun kinda scared with that tall boy. Will he following me again? Let's see. That boy look at baekhyun and They did eyecontact but baekhyun just look at other side as soon as possible. He doesn't want to look at that tall boy's eye. He felt something weird in his self when he did eyecontact just now. What's happened? 

 

The bus comes and baekhyun get in to that bus as soon as possible. 

 

*

 

Baekhyun walks to his house after out from the bus. And he know that taller boy was walking right behind him. Following me again? Oh please. What do you want?! His house is already pass, that taller boy still walks behind him. He can't stand this anymore. He's going to do the same metode as yesterday, but when he want to walk faster his cellphone suddenly rang. He take out his phone from his pocket and look at the screen. Father.

Baekhyun runs, he turn to the junction and hides behind the tree to answer the call.

 

*

 

Chanyeol surprised when he saw the brunette runs. He doesn't following him because he saw there is something fell from his pocket when he take out his cellphone. Chanyeol pick up that thing. Name tag? Why did he take off his name tag and put it on pocket? Chanyeol read the name,  변 백 현 (Byun Baekhyun) . Oh.. so the brunette's name was Baekhyun? Chanyeol smiles widely, Finally he knows the name. This is really nice progress. Now he just need to use this name tag as the reason to greet the brunette tomorrow. He will give this name tag to the brunette and talking to him. Chanyeol already feel excited. He walks to his house with a smile that never get risk from his face. 

 

*

 

The next day after school. Chanyeol meets the brunette again in the bus stop. Chanyeol decide to giving the name tag later when they walk so he just keep silent waiting the bus now.

Ten minute later when they out from the bus and walks to the same direction as always, chanyeol prepare his self. He saw the brunette who walks in front of him.

Just call him and smiles.
Keep calm chanyeol.
Just acts naturaly.
Okay here i go..

Chanyeol take a deep breath and open his mouth, "Byun Baekhyun!" 

 

*

 

"Byun Baekhyun"

 

Oh damn. Who the hell is that? Is it that giant? What did he want? How can he know my name? He's so damn stalker! Baekhyun calming his self and turn around. His eyes met with the giant's. Baekhyun didn't see any crime stare from the giant's eyes actually. What he's see is just a.... shy look? ok whatever. "Are you calling me?" baekhyun asks.

 

The giant clear his throat "Yeah, as i thought, you're byun baekhyun"

 

Baekhyun frowned, he doesn't understand what the giant's said.

 

"I mean, this" The giant take out something from his pocket and give it to baekhyun. Name tag. And baekhyun name was there. Baekhyun surprised and touching part of his uniform where he usualy put his nametag on, oh right. His name tag was not there. How can i didn't realize it? Stupid.

 

Baekhyun take his nametag from the giant and put in on his uniform. Baekhyun take off his mask so the giant can see his smile, "Thanks...." and he read the giant's name tag, Park ChanYeol. "Thanks, Park."

 

Chanyeol surprised "H-how did you know my name?" Baekhyun laugh "Your name tag of course, what else?"

 

Chanyeol look at his name tag, dissapointed "oh..righ...Wanna walks together? Seems like our house was on the same direction" Baekhyun nods, "Sure" And they start walk together.

 

Chanyeol feel sooooo happy! He feel like can scream anytime because he's too happy. Eventhough he feel like stupid when baekhyun call his surname and thinking that baekhyun was asking people about him but actually no. Baekhyun know his name from his name tag. of course, what else? Park, you're hoping too much. But.. Finally he can talking with baekhyun and now they walk home together. Oh god bless today and that name tag. If only that name tag didn't droped yesterday this would never happens. And Chanyeol now can see baekhyun's face. He's really....Cute. Omfg he's too cute for a boy! Chanyeol feel like wanna kiss his little lips but of course he can't. He just can't stop smiling everytime he look at baekhyun's face.

 

They walks in silent now. Oh this is not good, chanyeol decide to start the conversation. "So, you're moving here? With your family?"

 

Baekhyun surprised. He remember again about his father massages to keep his identity secret but he doesnt want to lie too. Baekhyun shake his head "No.."

 

Okay, thats a short reply. Chanyeol start talking about others. "I heard you're british?"

 

"Yeah"

 

"Where are you from?"

 

"USA"

 

"Wow! But your face look like an asian and your korean is really good"

 

"My momma's korean"

 

"I see.. So you live here with your mom?"

 

"Nope, she already passed"

 

Chanyeol surprised "I'm sorry.. I don't mean to.." Baekhyun smiles "its okay"

 

Silent again. Chanyeol don't know what to do anymore. Baekhyun's really silent, he only answer chanyeol's question without asking back to chanyeol or something. But chanyeol didn't feel bored, he still happy to walk together with baekhyun.

 

"Are you following me yesterday?" baekhyun said suddenly. Chanyeol gasped and giggles "Y-yeah, sorry"

 

"I'm kinda scared, you know"

 

"Ah really? I'm sorry, i just... didn't have a courage to greeting you"

 

"It's okay. I won't bite, don't worry" baekhyun said while giggling. Chanyeol just laugh and nods "Yeah, yeah i know"

 

Chanyeol can see his house already, oh where's baekhyun's house? Chanyeol dissapointed because his house was before baekhyun's house. He can't see the brunette house. but suddenly baekhyun stop in front of house that right before chanyeol's house.

 

"What are you doing?" chanyeol asks

 

"This is my house"

 

"W-what?! Aren't your house is still far from here? You always passing this house yesterday"

 

"That's because i was avoid you and i don't want you to know my house. I've said that i was scared of you, that's why i always passing my house and hides. When you're gone, i walk back to my house"

 

Chanyeol nods understand, he knows this house was empty since 1 week ago. But he never expected that this was baekhyun's house. WOW! his house is right next to baekhyun's house. Thats mean he can jump to baekhyun's backyard sometimes. It's gonna be fun!

 

"That's great, my house was right next to yours." Baekhyun look at chanyeol's house and nods "Yeah, Great. you wanna get in?"

 

"i'd love to but i think i can't. Maybe next time"

 

"Oh oke. Bye then" baekhyun smiles and open his house fence

 

"uh wait."

 

Baekhyun turn around "What?"

 

"How about...we go to school together tommorow?" Chanyeol ask shyly.

 

Baekhyun thinking a while but he finally nods "Okay"

 

Chanyeol smiles widely "Perfect! Lets meet tomorrow then, bye!"

 

"Bye!"

 

Chanyeol runs to his house happyly. Thanks god today was so beautiful!

 

***

 

Yura look at the clock that hanging in the wall. Its already 07:10 and his brother haven't wake up. Yura sigh heavyly, Park Chanyeol!!!!!!! Yura thought his brother was already change since yesterday he already woke up early. But she was wrong, chanyeol is forever chanyeol. The lazy giant.

 

"Your brother's still sleep" Yura's mom said while placing jam to the bread.

 

"I don't know when will he be mature and can woke up early by himself." yura murmered.

 

Her mom giggles, "Go wake him up"

 

Sigh. Yura walks to chanyeol's room and knocking the door.

She clear and.... "PARK CHANYEOL!! THE KITCHEN IS ON FIRE! GO WAKE UP OR YOU WILL DIE BEING AN GRILLED MEAT HERE! WAKE UP HURRY HURRY!!!" Yura scream out loud in front of chanyeol's room.

 

Then?

 

Bingo!

 

Chanyeol open his eyes quickly and jump from his bed. He really surprised with her noona's voice. He runs,

trying to get the door but slipped oh his carpet. "Oh " He trying to get up but then he realize he's being trolled.

 

Chanyeol walks to the door and open it. Her sister is standing there while crossing her arms.

 

"Is there any other ways to wake me up?!" chanyeol yelled to his sister.

 

"No time to debate! You should hurry because its already pass 7 and your class start at 8."

 

"did you know—wait..WHAT?! WHAT TIME IS IT?! SERIOUSLY?! DAMN! I HAVE PROMISE WITH BAEKHYUN!" Chanyeol runs to his bathroom like a crazy. Leaving his sister who still standing there and start questioning, "Who is baekhyun?" on her head.

 

This time chanyeol is admiting that he was so stupid. How can he forgot his first date with baekhyun? Oke that sounds too much because they're just going to walks to school together anyway. but still, Baekhyun is his crush and its not easy to getting closer with him. So, this is such a BIG CHANCE to getting more closer with baekhyun but chanyeol forgot it. SILLY CHANYEOL.

 

After he's ready, chanyeol runs out from his house to baekhyun's house. Hoping baekhyun didnt go to school first because he has been waiting chanyeol for a long time. But chanyeol smile brightly when he saw baekhyun on the fience. Seems like he's already waiting for chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun out from his house whe he saw chanyeol, he wear a mask like always. Chanyeol a little bit confuse about baekhyun's habit wearing the mask. But chanyeol just think positively, maybe he haven't being used to take a korean air? Well, whatever.

 

"Sorry for—" Before chanyeol finishing his word, Baekhyun grabs chanyeol's hand and pulling him while running "We don't have a lot of time" Chanyeol smiles stupidly while running with baekhyun.

 

BAEKHYUN HOLDING MY HANDSS!!!

 

OMG OMG WHAT TO DOOO??!?!?!?!

 

THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVAA!!!

 

Chanyeol screams inside.

 

Baekhyun and chanyeol arrived at the bus stop. ". Where is the bus?!" baekhyun said while trying to control his breath after running.

 

"I'm sorry, you're late because of me" chanyeol said, he doesnt want to make baekhyun mad at him.

Baekhyun smile, but chanyeol can't saw it because baekhyun's smile was covered by his mask. "Its okay, we still have a time. Dont worry"

 

The bus come, they both get in and the bus start go along the road. Baekhyun and chanyeol didnt talk much inside the bus. Baekhyun keep take a look at his handwatch, checking the time with full of worries. Chanyeol keep saying sorry to baekhyun but baekhyun just answer with "it's okay" . Eventhought baekhyun said that, chanyeol keep feeling guilty. Ugh chanyeol you're so stupid. Chanyeol keep repeating that word inside his head.

 

***

 

The gate almost closed when chanyeol and baekhyun out from the bus. They running really fast while yelling to the Mr.Gate to let them in first before close the gate. And... Lucky them! They successfuly step inside the school yard before the gate closed and the bell rang. Baekhyun and chanyeol smile happyly.

 

"Thats almost" baekhyun said while wiping the sweat that falling in his forehead.

 

"I'm sorry, if only—"

 

"ssh!" Baekhyun cut off chanyeol again. "Dont said that word again, it's okay. We're not late thou"

 

"But still.."

 

"No, its okay. What about run again to our class?" baekhyun said with full of excited. Chanyeol smiles to see that. Now he know that baekhyun was a cheerful person, he maybe look mysterious and cold at first but now he's so cute. Chanyeol feels like wanna hugs baekhyun's little body tightly.

 

"C'mon!" Baekhyun ask once again. Chanyeol nods and giggling "Okay, lets see who can run faster!"

"Sure!" Baekhyun stop and getting ready. "Okay, i will said 1,2,3 and we run!"

 

"Okay!"

 

"1...2.."

 

Before baekhyun said 3, he already run leaving chanyeol while laughing hard.
"Catch me if you can! HAHA"

 

"YAH! BAEKHYUN! WAIT!" Chanyeol runs following baekhyun with his big smile.

 

***

 

The bell rang. It's break lunch time now. Chanyeol packing some of his stuff, he remember what chen said about baekhyun who always gone when the break lunch time. Since he already know baekhyun's class, so he wanna go check is it true or not. Chanyeol walks out from class but suddenly someone pats his shoulder. Chanyeol turn, Jongin was there. "What?" chanyeol said.

 

"Where are you going to?"

 

"Hm..canteen!"

 

"Stupid! We're supposed to go to studio now. Do you remember about our song that we composed a week ago? It's haven't done yet"

 

Chanyeol sigh, oh right. He forgot that he still have to go to studio to do some of group thing with his friends. Chanyeol, Jongin, Sehun, Luhan, Suho, Kris, Chen, Xiumin, Kyungsoo, and Lay is a group that yeah you can call them popular since almost all of Byunggok High School student know about them. They love to composed song and then perform it in some event. They named theirself EXO. They usually practice in their school music and dance studio, they're the only student who love to go there meanwhile the other student rarely go there. Since their school is more focus to the education, the music class is kinda being ignored. But EXO doesn't care. They still often go there to composing song and practice.

 

"Why did you guys still here?" Sehun suddenly come with luhan.

 

Chanyeol clear his thorat, "Guys, can i..."

 

"If you're going to absent, the answer is no." Luhan said before chanyeol finishing his sentence.

 

"But hyung, I have something important to do"

 

"No hyung, this one is more important" Sehun said. "But sehun.. You know, that new boy.. I.."

 

"Ah.. So this is about that new boy? Oh c'mon chan, you still have a lot of times for him!" Sehun grab chanyeol's arms and pulling him. "Wait, sehun, ya! Maknae!" Chanyeol tries to escape from sehun but he grip chanyeol's arms really hard. Chanyeol finally give up and let himself being pulled by sehun meanwhile jongin and luhan giggling behind to watching chanyeol and sehun. 

 

11 of them already gathered and they're walking to the studio now. Sehun walks faster try to reaching luhan and walks beside him. Luhan look at him a while but look at other side as soon as possible before sehun can see it. But sehun is more fast than cheetah, he know that luhan looking at him silently before and that's make him smile like an idiot.

 

"Hyung.." Sehun called.

 

"Hm?"

 

Sehun clear his throat, " You know, Our new song that called XOXO is would be awesome"

 

"I know, the meaning is very nice"

 

"And i'm rapping there" Sehun said proudly. "Yeah, great." Luhan respond simply.

 

Sehun kinda upset, he expect that luhan will happy and admiring him like, "Omg sehun your rapp was awesome!" or "Sehun you're the best, i love you!" but what he said is just, "Yeah, great." So disappointed. Sehun sigh, he keep looking at luhan face and that's make luhan feel uncomfortable. Luhan blushing hard actually but he tried to control his self. "Stop looking at me like that."

 

Sehun giggles "Eh? Why?"

 

"Nothing. Just... don't looking at me like that."

 

"Why?" Sehun look closer to luhan but suddenly.. "XOXO! XOXO!" Chanyeol comes and break through sehun and luhan. Sehun and luhan almost fell but chanyeol grab luhan and that's makes sehun's the only one who fell.

 

Chanyeol laugh in victory, "HAHAHAHA"

 

"YAH! PARK CHANYEOL! HOW DARE YOU!" Sehun grinned as he tried to stand up. He patting his back "Ugh, that's hurt you know -_-"

 

Chanyeol just smile brightly, "It's still aftie, if you want to kiss luhan do it on night and not in the school."

Luhan blushing hard "What the hell are you talking about."

 

Sehun slaps chanyeol's head "Shut up peasant"

Chanyeol rubbing his head still with bright smile on his face.

 

The others keep walking while joking meanwhile sehun and luhan walk in silent and Chanyeol walk first in the front.

 

♪Baby don't cry, tonight~

 

Chanyeol stop walking. The others stop too and looking at chanyeol, "Why did you stop?" suho ask. "sssh" Chanyeol put his finger on his lips, telling his friends to keep silent.

 

Baby dont cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon

Baby dont cry tonight eobseotdeon iri doel geoya
Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun nega aniya kkeutnae mollaya haetdeon

So baby dont cry cry nae sarangi neol jikil teni

That beautiful voice with piano. Where's that sounds come from?

 

"Did you guys hear that? Someone's singing our song" chanyeol said. The others nods, they can hear that beautiful voice too.

 

"There's someone inside the studio?" Kyungsoo ask. Chanyeol shake head "I don't know"

 

"Is it a ghost?" Luhan said with a scared voice. Sehun smiles to him "There's no ghost in this world hyung."

 

Chanyeol decide to walk silently to the studio and open the door. His eyes got wider when he saw who's the one that singing that song while playing the piano.

 

"Baekhyun..?"

 

Baekhyun stop playing the piano and turn around, "P-park?"

 


 

Aw aw i saw a lot of typo in the prev chapter, sorry >< And hope you guys like this chap!

 

Thanks for subcribers and silent reader, love love! <3

 

Do comment & subcribe if you love this story><