The Deal

Jonghyun's Angel

 

It’s been days after valentines, Jonghyun finished reading the letters that fans gave him. He was walking in school when he saw Angel sitting on a bench with some of her classmates.

“Cheonsa!” Jonghyun called while walking towards the girl.

“Oppa!” Angel waved her hand.

Angel’s classmates were really dumbfounded when they saw Jonghyun talking to Angel. “He knows her name. Are they close to each other? How are they related?” these are some of the remarks made by the people who saw them.

“Gel, it’s good that I saw you here. Are you free this Friday? My band has a gig.” Jonghyun asked immediately.

“Sure! What time and where? Can I come with you? I am not yet familiar with the city.” Angel smiled.

“Of course! I’ll just text you then. Let’s just meet here in school. Bye! It’s time for my next class. See you on Friday.” Jonghyun was already running after his last word.

(Friday before the gig)

Jonghyun asked Angel to meet him at the south gate of the school. Girls were following Jonghyun and constantly talking to him. Angel came and called Jonghyun’s attention. Jonghyun excused himself from the girls and went to Angel. He was bothered by the exaggerated reactions of the people around him so he called a cab immediately.

“Oppa is she your girlfriend?” one of the girls asked.

The two sat at the backseat of the cab and pretended not to hear the girl. Angel started to laugh and told Jonghyun. “You’re really nice to girls. That’s why they always bully you.”

“You really know huh? I can’t be mean to anyone… I am not like that. I am already lucky if I am not late in going to school just because a girl talked to me.” Jonghyun scoffed.

“Then what do you do to avoid them?” Angel asked.

“I wear earphones. I do that everyday without fail or I ask Key to accompany if he is not busy. Girls don’t approach me if I am not alone.”  Jonghyun let out a small laugh.

When the cab reached the place, it is already full of people, mostly girls from their school. They were shocked when Jonghyun hopped off the cab together with a girl. Key saw them and called Angel.

“Cheonsaaaa!!!! You still look odd.” Key shouted then wrapped his arms around Angel.

“Oppa! Girls are looking! And I am not odd. I just gained weight.” Angel was struggling to escape Key’s arms.

“Oh fine. What would you like to drink, beer?  Wine?  Tequila? Margarita? Don’t worry. It’s my treat.” Key offered.

“Hey! You know that I don’t drink alcoholic beverages. Lemonade please.” Angel said.

“You don’t drink. You don’t date. You don’t party. Do you have a life?” Key teased.

“Alcoholic beverages are bitter. Parties are noisy. I went here just because you asked, you should be thankful. About dating, I’m not into that... YET! Not my priority.” Angel explained.

“That’s good. You should study first.” Jonghyun interfered.

“Jonghyun! You’re dating your fan girls you have no right to advice this lady here! Shut up!” Key protested.

“I am still older than her. Oppa. Oppa.” Jonghyun was pointing at himself.

“What time are you performing? I should be home before midnight.” Angel asked randomly.

“Don’t worry, Cinderella! We’ll get you home before midnight. We will introduce you to our band mates. You’ll have fun.” Key was excited.

Angel called Jonghyun because someone in the stage was calling his attention. When Key saw the guy, he tapped Jonghyun’s shoulder. “Dude, I think we should prepare. Gel, just sit there and enjoy my show.” Key dragged Jonghyun into the stage.

Angel was sitting comfortably when a group of girls sat beside her. She noticed that these are some the girls from their school. They kept asking her about Jonghyun and their relationship to each other. Angel was ignoring them but they were persistent. Angel was concentrated in the performance of Downtown. She was fascinated by Minho. He is the band’s vocalist and rhythm guitarist. Jonghyun was the drummer. Key was the lead guitarist and Taemin was the bassist.

(After the performance)

Jonghyun and Key went to Angel’s table and sat beside her. The girls were still there but they were not quiet.

“Girls, what are you up to?” Key was irritated.

“Key-oppa, is she Jonghyun’s girlfriend?” one of the girls asked.

“Nope!” Key answered.

“What if she’s Jonghyun’s girlfriend? Would you stop bothering them?” Minho asked when they arrived after organizing their things on stage.

“Yes””Maybe””No” The three girls replied simultaneously.

“Please stop chasing this man. He’s gay. Can’t you feel it?” Minho joked.

“WTF!” Jonghyun complained. “But really girls, maybe we should talk some other time.” Jonghyun added.

The others at the table burst into laughter while cheering for Jonghyun. They didn’t expect that from him.

“Angel, I’m sorry about the girls.” Jonghyun was apologetic. “I’ll just get us some drinks.”

“You two should stay together. Pretend that you’re lovers. “Key suggested.

“Huh? What do you mean by pretending?” Angel asked.

“I think, Girls would stop chasing Jonghyun if he is owned by someone already.” Minho explained.

“Hyung, you’re into this too?” Jonghyun gazed.

“Yup! Girls would stop chasing for the trophy if someone won already. Is that what are you trying to say Key?” Minho cleared.

“Yeah. That’s it!” Key threw his hyung a thumb up.

“BTW, Angel, he is Minho hyung, the leader of the band. You saw him sing. He’s great right?” Key introduced their leader to Angel.

“Of course he’s good. Hi Minho-oppa. I’m Angel Ryu. You can call me Angel.” Angel shook Minho’s hand.

“Hi angel, are you willing to be Jonghyun’s girlfriend? “ Minho was aggressive.

“I am not really interested in that kind of relationships.” Angel replied.

“Why? It’s just a fake one. Nothing serious. Unless….” Minho smirked.

“What is with that smile of yours?” Angel’s eyes widened. “I’m not being serious here! Okay? What if it worked? Until when will I be his pseudo-girlfriend?”

“We don’t know that yet. How will we know if we will not try?” Minho’s voice was convincing.

“Okay. I’ll be his girlfriend in one condition. You should help me in everything, as in whenever and wherever I need help. This includes all of the band members. Are you in?” said Angel.

“Wow. You truly are odd.” Taemin gazed.

“Oh. You’re not really included Taemin. You’re too young for slavery.” Angel pat Taemin’s head.

“Hey. I’m not a kid anymore.” Taemin frowned.

“What are you talking about?” Jonghyun asked while putting the bottles on the table.

“Nothing much, just about your girlfriend.” Key flicked his hair.

“I have a girlfriend? Who? Since when?” Jonghyun was astonished.

“Angel. We thought that this plan could work. The only condition was to help Angel in everything anytime she needs help.” Minho explained.

“I feel cheated. What if I don’t want to?” Jonghyun asked.

“Then, you’ll be stuck with your usual tragedies. I can’t help you now because I want to find a girlfriend too. I have been busy taking care of you my dear. This is for your own good too.” Key run his fingers in Jonghyun’s cheek.

“Ahh. Come on, you’re just drunk. You won’t remember anything tomorrow.” Jonghyun removed Key’s hand then turned to Angel. “Don’t worry angel, we’re not really oblige to do this.”

“I’m not dunk and I really want to do this. I love teasing other girls you know. HAHA. Adventure!” Angel giggled.

“I thought you don’t like relationships.” Jonghyun was puzzled.

“I won’t be serious with our relationship. I’d be serious in making those girls jealous. Are you serious with this? Don’t be. You’ll be disappointed. This is just for fun.” Angel stated.

“I’m not! This is just like a game. like a game.” Jonghyun saied.

“Hey Cinderella. You need to go home.” Key shouted.

“Oh right. I got to excited.” Angel stood. ”I need a ride home.”

“Bye Angel.” The boys waved their hands.

“Jonghyun, use my car and drive her home. Then you come back here our session’s not yet over.” Minho ordered.

“Ah! Seriously.” Jonghyun scratched his head then stood.

“I’ll just come with you.” Key initiated.

 

The three left the table. The silence inside the car gave them an awkward feeling. Angel pointed where to go and Key was sleeping on the way. Angel’s house was not really far from the bar. The two guys were able to go back immediately. After some shots, they decided to go home.

After taking a shower, Jonghyun lay down on his bed and think about things. “This is just a game.” He whispered to himself. He closed his eyes and rolled on his side. He knows that his fan girls will not stop just because he has a girlfriend. He shook his head and covered it with a pillow. He was afraid that his girls will hurt Angel.

“Adventure.” Angel’s voice echoed in his head the he scoffed.