First Date

Jonghyun's Angel

 

 

“Do you really want to go to an amusement park?”Jonghyun asked. “We can watch a movie instead.” He added.

“Amusement Park please.” Angel confirmed. “It’s really dark inside a movie theater. I don’t like dark places.”

“Mm-kay.”Jonghyun nodded then talked to the cab driver. They planned their rides while on the way to their first date. Jonghyun suggested dangerous rides and horror houses which made Angel giggle with excitement.

“Can we go inside a horror house?”Jonghyun asked.

“Uhm. Sure!”Angel said with a bit of hesitation.

“I know you’re afraid but I really want to go there. I want someone to go with me.”Jonghyun laughed.

“It’s okay, you won’t leave me right?”Angel asked.

“Of course.”Jonghyun patted Angel’s hair then smiled.

 (Inside the horror house)

Jonghyun held Angel’s hand tightly. Angel felt shy and since it was really dark inside and no one would see them, she broke free from Jonghyun’s hand. While walking, Angel got lost because she was dragged by unknown people inside the horror house. Jonghyun noticed Angel was gone when he was shocked by a mummy and he heard no scream from a girl. He went back to look for her. He was really worried because Angel does not like dark places. He found Angel sitting at the corner of the horror house where there is a bit light coming from a lamp.

“Angel!”Jonghyun shouted.

“Oppa…”Angel was crying.

“Why are you here? I thought you were behind me all the time.”Pride held Angel’s hand.

“Someone pulled me when I let go of your hand.”Angel explained I between sobs. “I was really afraid. I can’t see you.” Angel uttered.

“Next time… Don’t… Never! Never let go of my hand.”Pride said while helping the girl stand.

“Hm-mm…”Angel nodded while trembling and finding her balance. “Thanks.” She whispered.

Jonghyun wiped her tears then replied. “Stop crying. I’m already here.” He guided the girl towards the exit. They sat on a bench. Jonghyun bought ice cream for them. Jonghyun gave Angel her ice cream and they started to walk around the place. A group of playing girls bumped into Angel making her ice cream fall into Jonghyun’s T-shirt.

“Oppa, I’m sorry.”Angel apologized. “Yah! Girls! Come back here! You should say sorry to him!” Angel called the girls but the girls ignored her and ran farther from them.

“Don’t worry. It’s okay.”Jonghyun assured.

Angel wiped the ice cream from Jonghyun’s T-shirt using her handkerchief. Jonghyun was observing her then laughed. “Why are you doing this? It’s not your fault.”

“Eh! It’s my ice cream. I feel responsible. It’s also disturbing to walk with a person who has an ice cream on the T-shirt.”Angel began removing her yellow jacket revealing her flawless shoulders. She was wearing a black halter top under her jacket.

“What are you doing? You’ll get cold.”Jonghyun was closing Angel’s jacket.

“You should just wear this instead. Don’t worry about me. I can even run here .”Angel removed her jacket completely.

“Fine I’ll wear this. You don’t have to be .”Jonghyun blushed.

Jonghyun headed towards the men’s bathroom to change his T-shirt. Angel was smiling when she saw him wearing her yellow jacket. The jacket was just enough for Jonghyun’s body since it was a bit oversized for Angel. Jonghyun tossed his T-shirt to Angel. Angel put it in her bag.

“Oppa. My jacket looks good on you! Girls’ clothes look good on you! Let’s play dress-up some time.”Angel said playfully.

“Oh no. Key’s body is better in girls’ clothing. Trust me. That guy would love to play dress up with you. He’s a man with great fashion sense for any gender.”Jonghyun suggested.

“HAHA. That’s pretty obvious. I noticed something by the way. Those girls who bumped into me were watching me all the time while waiting for you. Don’t you think they are your fan girls?”Angel stated.

“Really? I am not good with people’s faces or names but you have a point. Let’s see. I have a ride that’s good for them. Raging Rapids!”Jonghyun winked at Angel.

“Why?”Angel was puzzled.

“You’ll see.”Jonghyun smirked.

They were waiting in line at the raging rapids and the girls followed them there. Luckily, they were on the same boat when it was their turn already. Jonghyun sat at the back of the boat and made Angel sit beside him. When the ride started, Jonghyun held Angel’s hand tightly then laughed. At the first waterfall, the girls in front of them became wet. At the next wave, the front portion of the boat was sprayed with water. The girls in front of them were really wet after the ride unlike the two of them.

“Oppa, how do you know that they will get wet?”Angel asked curiously.

“I always ride this with my band mates. This is our favorite because we make Taemin sat in the front together with stupid Key. We already proved that.”Jonghyun explained.

“Cool! They don’t even notice it?”Angel was amused.

“They already know. That’s why we bring girls to cover us.”Jonghyun laughed.

“That’s really mean of you.”Angel rolled her eyes.

“It’s my time to choose the rides.”Angel dragged Jonghyun to the roller coaster.

“Whoa. I don’t think I can ride this.” Jonghyun stopped walking.

“Why? I walked inside a horror house even though I am afraid.” Angel pouted.

“I am not good with heights. Don’t make me ride this please.” Jonghyun explained.

“Come on. I’ll be with you. I’ll even hold your hand. Just close your eyes. Nothing bad will happen. You should overcome your fear.” Angel’s voice was sincere.

“I don’t think so. I already tried several times. I just couldn’t do it.” Jonghyun isn’t comfortable.

“You couldn’t do it? You did not even ride or step a foot inside? That’s a coward move really. I did not expect you to be like this.” Angel shook her head.

“Ok fine. I’ll do this.” Jonghyun sighed.

“Yay!” Angel pushed Jonghyun to the ride.

Jonghyun took a deep breath when the locks of the seat clicked. He was trembling. Angel whose beside her reached for his hand.

“When you feel like shouting, just shout. Don’t worry I will not laugh at you. Remember to make yourself look cute every time. There’s camera everywhere. Smile!” Angel said then the ride started. Jonghyun was screaming and laughing for the rest of the ride. They repeated the rides several times to have the best camera shots for remembrance. Jonghyun was able to overcome his fear of the roller coaster ride. After the ride, Angel paid for their pictures and gave Jonghyun his best shot. She kept the rest on her bag.

The two enjoyed the rest of the rides until it was dark. Key called Jonghyun to ask if he would go home for dinner. The two decided to go home and have dinner with Key.

When they arrived at Key’s apartment, Angel immediately showed Pride’s pictures on the roller coaster ride. Jonghyun shared their stories to the bitter Key.

“Angel, you really made him ride that! You’re really his girlfriend. I hate you. You stole my boyfriend”Key pouted.

“Why? Why? Are you jealous?”Angel was shock with Key’s reaction.

“Of course I am! I am his best friend yet I was not able to make him ride this thing.”Key continued his drama.

“Hey bitter fingers, we have something for you.”Jonghyun got something from his bag.

“What’s that?”Key’s face brightened.

“Oh right. I picked the color for you.”Angel said. It was a glittered golden mask decorated with pink and violet feathers. Key grabbed the mask and placed it in his face.

“Thanks thanks thanks. I now like you again. You should be like this always.”Key hugged Angel.

“Jonghyun-oppa said you love masks like this. That’s why we bought you one when we saw this.”Angel was wiggling inside Key’s arms.

“What did you cook for dinner?”Jonghyun asked then Key started to set the table for dinner while wearing the mask. “I told you. He’ll have his drama because you made me ride the roller coaster.” Jonghyun whispered to Angel.

“You really know each other that well. It’s amazing.”Angel said.

“He’s my best friend after all.”Jonghyun said then helped Key who is just starting to cook their viand.

While eating, the fan girls issue was brought up by Key because he asked why Jonghyun is wearing Angel’s jacket. Jonghyun shared the story behind it plus the Raging rapids story that sent Key into laughter. After eating, Angel took pictures with Key while wearing the mask. When Jonghyun was finished washing the dishes, he and Key walked Angel to her Apartment which is not far from their apartment building. Jonghyun waved goodbye at Angel after a short goodbye hug.

On the way home, Key asked something from Jonghyun. “Are you serious with Angel? What’s your real feeling for her?”

“She’s a friend. She’s different because she’s the only girl who became my friend after approaching me. She is not into me too. You know, she is really unique. I am not serious about being her boyfriend. Don’t worry. All of these are due to courteousness, I guess. This is the first time I have done this right?”Jonghyun explained.

“Be sure not to fall deep. This is your first time.”Key warned.

“You’re just jealous.”Jonghyun joked.

“No! I am not! I am serious with what I said! I am done playing tonight.”Key’s eyes were serious.

“You’re obviously jealous.”Jonghyun was convinced.

“I am not!”Key started to laughed and kicked Jonghyun’s foot.

“It’s just not clear. Are you of Angel or me?”Jonghyun’s face was suspicious. Key was laughing so hard that he keeps on hitting Jonghyun. When they reached the building, they went to their own rooms.

Before sleeping, Jonghyun sent Angel a message. “Cheonsa, I am home safely. I just had a fight with Key, it was fun. He says Hi. Thanks for accompanying me today. I am happy. ♥♥♥

He put their picture in his wallet and lay on his bed. He closed his eyes leaving a smile on his face.