Surprises!

Jonghyun's Angel

 

Angel waited for Jonghyun and Key to disappear from her sight before entering her house. Before opening the door, she noticed that the piece of paper she leaves in between the sill of the door and the door was gone. “Someone is inside my house or someone opened the door.” She thought. She let go of the door knob and walked around her house. She opened the backdoor of the house and got a baseball bat. She walked quietly on her toes towards the living room. She held the bat with one hand while she reached for the switch for the lights. She switched the lights on and found her sister and her best friend jumped in surprise while holding a cake and a banner for her.

“Surprise!!!!!!” the two said with a shock face.

“What is this? What are you doing here?” Angel asked.

“Can we drop the baseball bat dear?” Faith said dropping the banner that she’s holding.

Angel put away the baseball bat. “Now, answer me, what brought you here? i shouldn’t have given you my extra key.”

"You’re such a meanie! I flew from Paris just to be with you and you’re acting like that! We’ll spend our break here.” Faith complained.

“Don’t worry. I’ll go home tomorrow. I’ll just call mom and tell her I’m here.” Charee winked.

“It’s okay. I just hate surprises. I thought my house was robbed.” Angel sighed.

 “Aw. My poor little sister, you were really scared eh?” Faith hugged her sister tight.

Faith was the sister of Angel. She was an eccentric, free-spirited and playful woman. Appealing is the best word to describe her. Having a gorgeous visage, slim body paired with long slender legs; most men were attracted to her.

Charee was Angel’s best friend. They grew up together in the same neighborhood. She was a total opposite of Angel. She was very thin and very tall. She loved making herself look glamorous. She loves fashion and music. Unlike Angel, she prioritized activities that would make herself pretty most of the time. Her charm makes people want to befriend her. She and Angel did not attend the same high school since Angel is more intelligent than her. She went into an exclusive school for girls while Angel went into an exclusive school for intelligent people.

Faith and Charee were International models. Charee did not pursue her studies in the university since she was offered a work with Faith. They came back from Paris after a Photo shoot for the spring collection of a famous clothing line in the country. They were given 2 months of vacation.

“Yah! Angel, who were the guys a while ago? The ones you were talking to outside. The one who hugged you, is he your boyfriend? Why aren’t you telling me anything?”Faith’s tone was suspicious while they were eating their dinner.

“He’s a guy from your former school right?”Charee asked.

“Yup! He’s Kim Jonghyun.”Angel shrugged.

“You mean, the only geek in the world who looks awesome?”Charee became excited.

“Hmm. His best friend Key is also a cute geek. Don’t forget about him.”Angel added.

“Oh right. The clingy best friend who loves bro-mance.”Charee rolled her eyes.

“Brooooo-mance!”Faith squirmed on her seat. “A guy is at his manliest mode when he has the courage to express his feelings for his guy friend! Oh! How I love bro-mance!”

“They really look cute together. They take care of each other since they are also far from their families. Though most of the time, Jonghyun-oppa is mostly the one who takes care of Key-oppa.”Angel smiled.

“I still don’t like bromance. It’s just not my thing. Now I believe, you two really are siblings.”Charee continued to eat.

The three put the dishes on the dishwasher and watched a film when Faith brought the Jonghyun and Key topic again. “Why were you with him and his best friend a while ago?”

“He’s not my boyfriend! Okay? We were in the same school again. It’s a coincidence! We went for a walk today.”Angel explained.

“It took you the whole day to walk? Where did you go?”Faith is still suspicious of Jonghyun.

“Stop it! There is nothing between us! I don’t even like him! I have someone I like!”Angel stood and went to her room to change clothes leaving her phone on top of the table.

Her phone beeped because she received a message. She ran as fast as she could to get her phone. Faith grabbed the phone immediately then read the message aloud. “Cheonsa, I am home safely. I just had a fight with Key, it was fun. He says Hi. Thanks for accompanying me today. I am happy. ♥♥♥”

“Dongsaeng! I should meet this guy soon!”Faith and Charee were giggling while Angel tries to get her phone.

“Unni! Not a chance! Now give me my phone!”Angel protested.

“Unni! Don’t rush it. You have plenty of time.”Charee was laughing.

“I will meet this guy! I promise!”Faith tossed Angel’s phone on the couch.

Angel grabbed it immediately and ran towards her room. She shut the door and jumped on her bed. She replied immediately to Jonghyun’s message. “Good night oppa! I’ll return your shirt in school.”

She was about to close her eyes when her phone received a text message. “Oh sure. I’ll return your jacket by then too.”

“Oppa, no need to return my jacket, I have plenty of jackets here. It looks good on you. That will be a gift from me. Take care of it.”She replied with a smile.

“Is that so? Then you don’t have give my shirt back. Think of it as a remembrance of our first amusement park date.”Jonghyun’s answer was fast.

“Really? Thanks. I’ll wear this sometime, if we happen to hang out again.”Angel said.

“Sure! By the way, cheonsa, I just received a message from Key that I should now sleep. We have an early practice tomorrow in school. It’s for our Music Festival.”Reading this message from Jonghyun, Angel tapped her reply as fast as she could hoping Jonghyun could still read it before going to sleep. “Okay oppa. I’ll wait for your performance, I could watch you right? Thanks! Good night… I really had fun today. I wish we could repeat it sometime. See you soon!”

She waited for a reply but, too bad, Jonghyun was already asleep. She, too, covered herself with her blanket and closed her eyes. She pulled the string on her desk lamp to have complete darkness in her room. She quickly drifted into dreamland.

­­­


The noise from an alarm clock and the call ringtone from the cell phone awakened Jonghyun from his deep slumber. He was still half asleep when he stopped the clock from its loud alarm and checked his phone around using his hand. He found the phone on his side and answered it. It was a call from Key. “Yah! What time are you going to wake up? We have to practice the whole day today then go to church together! We need plenty of time!” Key’s nagging on the phone was not registered on Jonghyun’s mind since his eyes were still closed because he is still sleepy.

“How about you making me sleep more, and then you eat breakfast here, let’s go to church together, and then practice until we can no longer stand?” Jonghyun whispered. His voice is still husky from sleep.

“Come on. Actually, I’m standing right in front of your apartment and waiting for you to open this door.” Key was still shouting.

“I’m sorry, still sleepy.” Jonghyun dropped the call and went back to sleep.

Key kept on calling until Jonghyun was forced to open he door for him. Key entered the apartment and Jonghyun went back to sleep. Key made breakfast for both of them while Jonghyun was busy chasing his energy.

“Wake up already! The food is getting cold!” Key dragged Jonghyun off the bed.

“Fine! Fine! A little more.” Jonghyun pleaded.

“This attitude is very unusual from you. Are you sick?” Key asked while checking Jonghyun’s temperature. “Oh you’re not. So get up! What are you dreaming about?”

“I can’t really remember but I guess it’s good and you ruined it!” Jonghyun was scratching his head while trying to stand.

Key pushed Jonghyun towards the kitchen. After their breakfast, the two started to practice for the Music Festival of the University hosted by their department. Since they are outstanding students, they have a special collaboration performance on the opening ceremony of the event. The two have so many contributions on the week long event. They will participate on the booths of their respective class. They will also perform on the classic night and rock night of the Music Festival.

“Dude, about the classic night, you’re bringing Angel as your date right?” Key asked.

“I haven’t thought about that. Maybe, if she likes. How about you?” Jonghyun smiled.

“I’ll play as the lonely bachelor that night! It’s my strategy to get girls since you’re unavailable. You and Angel should not leave me. You should help me find girls.” Key’s evil grin was indescribable.

“You’re crazy! There’s no way I’m helping you.” Jonghyun shook his head.

“You will help me because I’m your best friend! You will not let me down!” Key started to laugh like crazy.


­­­The morning of the openinghe two continued to practice the whole day ulso perform on the classic night and rock night of the Music Festival.

nt.  ceremony, Key and Jonghyun went to school together. They were helping in painting their booth when one of Jonghyun’s fan bump into a paint bucket while trying to take a picture of him working. Feeling guilty, Jonghyun paid for the damage his fan made then he excused himself from everyone and called Key to practice.

They were practicing in the piano room and they did not realize that girls are already gathered outside. Key peeked and was shocked. They tried to call Angel but she is not answering so they had to call their professors and the organizers to keep fans away for a while.

It was already late in the afternoon. Aside from the fan incidents in the morning, they’ve experienced a peaceful day. Thanks to the help of security of the school. The opening ceremony has started. Jonghyun received a message from Angel. “Oppa, i’m watching! Do your best! ♥♥Jonghyun can’t control his happiness.

Angel went to the backstage after the very successful performance of Violin Sonata No. 5 by Key and Jonghyun. They exchanged stories for a while before fixing their things and joining the audience. Not long after they found a seat beside Key’s classmates, Jonghyun got hungry. He was permitted to go home since his performance was already finished. Angel went with him while Key stayed to finish the program. Jonghyun and Angel went to a nearby fast food chain to eat their dinner. After eating, they started to walk towards Angel’s house.

“Uhm, Angel, we have this classic night tomorrow night, are you free? I don’t have a date.”Jonghyun asked.

“Sure, but I can’t go home later than midnight. I have my sister in my house. She came for her vacation, so I can’t be late. Will that be okay?”Angel replied.

“Of course, I’m not planning to stay late too. We’ll just go there to have little fun and attendance. You know I need it because I’m already graduating this semester.”Jonghyun assured.

“I understand. Is there a theme at this party? Do I have to wear like a gown or just casual?”Angel was curious.

“Just a casual dress will do. Thanks a lot. You’re really saving me from so many things. I don’t know how to repay you.”Jonghyun tapped Angel’s head.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it. We’re friends after all. You will pay me someday.”Angel let out a light laugh.

“I hope so. If you need anything, just tell me.”Jonghyun said when they reached the front of Angel’s house. After checking that they are not being followed, he opened the gate for Angel. “You’re home. You should get in before someone sees us.”

“Sure. Thank you too. It’s always a new experience when I’m with you.”Angel said before entering the gate of the yard. She walked in front of the door and opened it. She waved goodbye before closing the door.


Key was driving his motorcycle when he saw an attractive woman making her way towards a dark alley. It’s very obvious that she’s drunk. He was mindful that the girl could be in danger if he’ll leave her there so he stopped near the girl. The woman approached him then rode his bike.

“Miss, where do you live? It’s dangerous to ride a bike of someone you don’t know.” Key said while tapping the woman’s face.

“Drive.” The girl muttered.

“I’ll have to take you home. Will it be okay?” Key asked.

“hmm.” The woman nodded.