I found an Angel

Jonghyun's Angel

It is 5 in the afternoon and Jonghyun’s class was over. He is on his way to his band’s practice when someone bumped into his back. It was a girl. He noticed that the girl was from their university.

 “Are you okay?”Jonghyun asked while helping the girl to stand. A flash of camera not far from them caught his attention but he ignored it.

“You’re Jonghyun right? Can you have dinner with me tonight? Take it as my thank you treat because you helped me.”The girl smiled awkwardly.

He was shocked by the girl’s sudden invitation. “I don’t think I can. I have scheduled appointments. It’s so nice of you to ask but I am really sorry, I need to get going.” He glanced back, he saw the girl rushed behind the bush where the flash came from. He just shrugged his shoulders and continued to walk.

He was near their practice studio but he noticed that girls are following him. Instead of going inside the studio, he continued to walk and went inside a convenience store. He bought drinks for his band members. He saw that the girl he helped went inside the convenience store too. He approached her.

“Hi. You’re here. What a coincidence. I see you’re with your friends too. You still want to have dinner with me?” Jonghyun asked.

The girl was blushing. “Yes, but don’t think I am following you. I am with my friends.”

“I noticed that. Are they coming with us?”Jonghyun scratched his nape.

 “Are you okay with that? Don’t worry, we’ll treat you.”The girl answered enthusiastically. Jonghyun walked with her outside to meet her friends.

 (9pm @ the band’s studio)

Jonghyun can hear his other members playing their new cover song. They stopped as soon as Jonghyun stepped inside the studio.

 “Hey! You irresponsible person! Why are you late?”Key started yelling.

 “sshhh!”Jonghyun signaled him to be quiet while putting the formerly-cold drinks in their ice-chest.

 “Why are you late?”Minho asked calmly. Minho is their band leader. He is the eldest and in his late 20’s but it’s not obvious because his face looks young. He is the vocalist of the band.

Jonghyun answered. “Girls…”

 “See? He made us wait because of girls! Playboy!”Key cut Jonghyun’s sentence.

 “Wait! I accompanied them, because they kept following me. I was supposed to be earlier than youguys! Here’s my receipt when I bought our drinks tonight, since I knew I was going to be late. I bought it before accompanying the girls. I didn’t want them to know where we practice so…” Jonghyun continued explaining.

 “Oh… my poor baby… What did they do to you?”Key cut his sentence and hugged him dearly.

 “We ate dinner and they took pictures with me.” Jonghyun answered while struggling to escape Key’s hug.

 “Hyung! I wish I could date girls that easy! You should have introduced them to me.”Taemin grinned at him. He is the youngest member of the band. He is a freshman from the university. His major is engineering. He is also the younger brother of Minho. Minho and Key met each other because of him.

 “Aren’t you famous too?”Jonghyun asked then sat at the bean bag.

 “I am famous to older women. They are too old for me! I want young and y! HAHA!”Taemin replied.

 “It’s tiring when you’re always followed by girls. It’s slowly getting into my nerves already.”Jonghyun exclaimed then sunk himself in the bean bag.

 “You’re luckiest day is approaching. Prepare your self”Minho said with a clear intention of mocking Jonghyun.

 “Oh right! It’s Valentines next week. Are you ready hyung?”Taemin teased too.

 “Really? Just thinking of it makes me feel tired.”Jonghyun complained.

 “We’re going to have a gig that night. I am going to invest on a Valentine’s special since we’re pretty famous with girls especially this guy over here. He is the only playboy in the world who is still desired by everybody.”Minho stated while pointing at Jonghyun.

 “I know right! We’ll be richer after that night! I should sell Jonghyun merchandise!”Key added.

 “Hey! You’re just using us! I am not doing this! And Key, what merchandise are you talking about? Did you steal my pen for your merchandises? That’s not a good idea!”Jonghyun protested.

 “Picture cards and posters… That’s all. Maybe stickers! You gave me an idea about the pen for auction! Maybe I should do that sometime! Can you please cooperate! This is not for you. You should help us and our band. You’re really selfish! You’re keeping the girls for yourself.”Key said in a grand manner while the other members are nodding in agreement.

 “You’re all stubborn. If you want girls, go find one. Don’t use me. I don’t to be treated like that.”Jonghyun was irritated.

 “Then don’t be too nice to them. You know how girls assume the situation.”Minho instructed.

 “Minho-hyung’s right. You are very soft-hearted. Girls are also a bit exaggerated when it comes to situations like yours. Keep distance.” Taemin agreed.

 “I am keeping my distance. They keep on going near me. Let’s stop this. This talk is becoming like a girl talk. Key will soon transform into a lady.” Jonghyun silenced the group and started to fix the drum set.

After their practice and their drinking session, Jonghyun went home with Key. They are always together in going home since they live in the same apartment building. Their apartments are both in the 5th floor. Key always give Jonghyun a ride home since it’s easier to escape from girls using Key’s motorcycle.

The two preferred going home really late to avoid waiting girls in front of their building. Whenever they go home early, they use the fire exit in the garage as entrance to the building. They had to do this to prevent the disturbance that will be created by girls waiting for them.

The night before Valentines, Key was in the apartment of Jonghyun. They were watching a movie together while reviewing some exercises from school.

 “Dude! What is your escape plan tomorrow? I know I am part of it.” Key asked when the movie was finished.

 “Why? What escape plan?”Jonghyun replied.

 “Good Lord, bless this idiot beside me. It’s already Valentine’s Day tomorrow!” Key shouted.

 “WTF! Seriously? I forgot! I’ll just skip school and stay here. You fetch me before going to our gig.” Jonghyun decided instantly.

 “You should go to school. It’s the start of written examinations. If you’re not going to school, I’ll be bugged by your fan girls and I’ll get distracted plus, I can’t carry all your chocolates alone. I have my own chocolates too.” Key refused.

 “AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!! Everything’s messed up!”Jonghyun yelled, lay on his back then covered his face with the notebook he is holding.

 “Well, HAHA! You need to endure it. You have no other options. We need to get all your chocolates. It’ll be given as freebies in our valentine’s gig tomorrow night. Don’t forget.” Key reminded while standing up.

 “F.U. Dude! Where are you going?” Jonghyun asked.

 “I’m going home. I need to rest for tomorrow. It would be tiring. You better reserve your energy too.” Key replied.

 “Sure. I’ll just read some more notes. Lock the door! Take Care! I’ll Miss you!” Jonghyun laughed then winked at Key.

 “Yuck Dude! That’s so gay!” Key looked disgusted but he added “night night sweetie! See yah tuh-ma-row!” then winked back to Jonghyun accompanied by a flying kiss! He shut the door and went to his own apartment.

Jonghyun was alone in his very quiet apartment. He was still lying on the floor thinking of what could happen tomorrow. In a moment, he drifted to dreamland.

It’s already the hot morning of Valentine’s Day when Jonghyun came back to the real world. He overslept because of tiredness. He rushed into the bathroom to take a bath. As soon as he is ready, he covered his head with his hoodie, wore shades and walked outside his apartment towards the elevator. When the elevator door opened on the ground floor, Jonghyun rushed outside and impatiently waited for a cab to stop in front of him. Fortunately, He reached school without blowing his cover. He successfully reached their homeroom in the 3rd floor but he was tired because he had to take the stairs since a cloud of girls were waiting near the elevator.

Inside their room, his table was full of chocolates and letters. He distributed the chocolates among his classmates but kept the letters. The cloud of girls disappeared when the professor came. It’s already late in the afternoon when they finished the exams. Jonghyun cautiously walked along the corridor.

 “He’s here!!!!!”a girl screamed.

Jonghyun started to run back to their homeroom and jumped from the open window into the plant box of near building. He entered the other building using that plant box. The girls saw what he did and went to the place where he is. Luckily, no school personnel saw him. He entered the empty room across the plant box. He locked the door and switched on the lights. He opened the widows. He can see the school’s football field and realized that he’s in the Arts and Languages building of the campus. He heard the girls approaching. He called Key.

 “Dude! I’m being chased. I’m still in one piece though. I’m in the Languages Building. Where are you?”He asked not even letting Key say hello.

 “I can tell by your breathing. You had the best marathon of your life so far. HAHA!”Key teased ignoring Jonghyun’s question.

 “How can you laugh at me in this situation? Can you get me out of here? If you don’t do something, I’ll not be able to attend our gig.”Jonghyun threatened.

 “Fine. Fine. I’ll think of a way. I’ll call you back. Or just entertain them like you normally do.” Key hanged up.

 “AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!! Why is this happening to me? What did I do?” Jonghyun shouted while kicking the chairs.

 “Excuse me? Aren’t you Jonghyun Hamazaki? Are you okay?”a girl asked.

 “Do I look okay I am being chased by girls?” He answered immediately then realized something. “Who are you? How did you get here?” He asked in an angry tone.

 “I was here first. I was sleeping here in my corner and you awakened me by your noise. I am right. You’re Jonghyun. Don’t you remember me?”  The girl replied calmly.

 “I am not sure. You’re not one of them?” Jonghyun asked suspiciously.

 “Of course! I am not into you. I would have screamed, ran or even jumped out of the window after being alone with you in this room. I could have even you.” the girl laughed loudly.

“Thinking about it, you seem familiar because of the way you laugh. Have we met before?” Jonghyun was dumbfounded.

 “Yup. I am Angel Ryuu.”The girl introduced herself.

 “Angel…from middle school?” Jonghyun was shocked.

 “Now you remember!” Angel nodded with a grin.

 “Whoa! You’ve changed a lot! You look more mature though you gained weight! You’re hair is longer too.”Jonghyun recognized.

 “Yah. I know! It’s because of vacations! I gained some weight. Please don’t make it like a big issue.”Angel looked annoyed. “I can see you’re still chased by girls just like before.”

 “Yes. More girls. How come you’re studying here too? I thought you entered in a different school.”Jonghyun cleared.

 “I just transferred here. The quality of education is better here.”Angel eexplained.

 “Does Key know you’re here? He’ll call me later. You’re quite close to each other. What’s your major?”Jonghyun asked.

 “Not yet. I can’t find his contact number. I changed my number. I am a 2nd year major in Asian Studies Sir.”Angel imitated a young student being asked by her professor.

 “Good! We need to get out of here. It’s getting late. I have a gig tonight. Key is not calling me.”Jonghyun was getting worried.

 “We could use the fire exit near that window.” Angel pointed outside.

 “Are we allowed to do that? Isn’t it dangerous?”Jonghyun was getting desperate.

 “I can’t think of another way. There’s also a driveway near the field so it’ll be easier for us to escape.”Angel suggested. Jonghyun called Key and told him the plan.

 “Okay! No other options for now.”Jonghyun checked the fire exit then started to go down. “Hey! Come with me. If you fall, I’ll catch you.” Jonghyun called.

They were able to go down safely. Angel was not able to wait for Key. She wet home immediately because of her schedule. She left her contact details to Jonghyun.

Key came and fetched Jonghyun. While on their way, Jonghyun asked him if he still remembers Angel.

 “Angel Ryuu? The odd student from middle school?”Key asked.

 “Yeah. The girl who wants my dirty old bag. She was really brave to do that.”Jonghyun said.

 “I remember her, why?”Key was curious.

 “She helped me escape a while ago. We coincidentally saw each other in the room.”Jonghyun shared.

 “You should have invited her to see our gig!”Key suggested.

 “Idid. She said she was busy. I have her number.” said Jonghyun.

 “That’s too bad, she should come next time.” Key said with regret.

 “Next time. Definitely.”Jonghyun assured.