Chapter 3 - Auditions

Dance With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was running through the crowd, dodging people as he tried to catch up with the figure weaving in and out of the people. Bodies jostled him from all sides, pushing and pulling, tossing him like a leaf in the wind.

The figure kept running, increasing the chasm between them. SeHun breath was becoming shorter but he was determined to catch the illusive figure. He had to trail once figure down the cherub face and look into the sparkling eyes.

Even if it was the last thing, he did before he died of exhaustion.

“Stop!” SeHun shouted breathlessly as he ran after the fading figure, “Stop running from me.”

SeHun fell to his knees as the figure turned around once, waving briefly before disappearing into the growing crowd. SeHun clutched at his torso, breathing hard as his breath came back to him. Sweat poured down his face and back as angry noises tore from his throat. His body trembled violently from the exertion, as his heart thumped against his rib cage as though threatening to break free.  The crowd continued moving, pulling, pushing and jostling at his fallen figure, swallowing the noises.

He was alone. The figure had left him.

Alone.

“Wake up!” SuHo said shaking SeHun’s shoulder, “what were you dreaming about? Tossing and turning in your bed?”

SeHun groaned and sat up slowing. He blinked sleep out of his eyes and peered owlishly at SuHo, unfocused, his mind still reeling from the dream. It had been the boy from last night, the person from the club. He was trying to catch him, the unexplainable desire to touch him until he had collapsed.

“What time is it?” SeHun asked groggily, rubbing his eyes.

“Almost seven a.m. Your auditions are at nine so you can get up now, go bathe and eat breakfast then wake Kai,” SuHo said, getting up from the edge of SeHun’s bed.

“Kay…” SeHun said sleepily, he lay back on his bed, trying to clear his mind from the dream. Never had he felt so alone in his life.

Moreover, never again will I feel like that SeHun mused.

“What were you dreaming? You didn’t say,” SuHo asked curiously, pausing by the door to look back at his youngest brother. Carefully, he observed the play of fear and hope on his brother’s vulnerable sleep face before it was quickly masked.

“Just not passing the auditions,” SeHun lied cautiously, unable to meet SuHo’s eyes. There was no way in the deepest circle of hell was he going to admit that he had been dreaming about chasing a guy. SeHun did not chase, he was chased and sought after by others.

“Well, knock those thoughts far out of your head,” SuHo said, not calling out his brother’s lie, “focus on doing your best.”

~~~
Kai inhaled his breakfast while SeHun picked at his, pushing the food around his plate. He was not nervous or worried about the audition. He had practised extensively with Kai until they could both do the dance in their sleep. Dancing was second nature to him.

It was that dream. Way to go, he berated himself, the night before your auditions and you had to go and dream up something as stupid as that.

“You’re not eating,” SuHo said peering closely at SeHun. Even Kai looked up curiously. SeHun was always eating. If he was not dancing or sleeping, his mouth was always working, consuming anything from fruit to food.

“I’m not particularly hungry this morning,” SeHun mumbled, his neck and face felt hot under the scrutiny.

“What a girl!” Kai exclaimed, “Don’t tell me that you’re nervous about the auditions.”

“It’s not - ” SeHun tried to speak but he was interrupted by Kai.

“Cause we are totally gonna nail this,” Kai said confidently.

“Right,” SeHun replied injecting a measure of surety into his voice, “when do we leave?”

“As soon as you two,” SuHo indicated at Kai and SeHun, “get your bag and get in the car. Leave the wares; I’ll wash it when we return.”

SeHun and Kai raced upstairs and gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter