Chapter 1 - Face In The Crowd

Dance With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeHun sipped his drink casually by the bar, leaning on the counter as he took in the dancers. The air was smoky and smelled uniquely of sweat and different perfumes. There were some dancers that had great moves but… there were others that made him sick just by looking at them. Dancing was an art form, a precision art form and not everyone had it naturally. SeHun did not take dance lightly and strongly believed that neither should others. He was considering clearing a path in the dance floor and showing the partiers what real dancers could do when his phone beeped, indicating a text message.

SeHun, in case you forgot… you have auditions in the morning and you need to get home before you get drunk. I am not coming to drag your half-drunk out of the club. If you cannot make it in the morning, I am going alone with Kai and you can kiss your dreams of fame goodbye.

SeHun grimaced at the message, his perfect lips twisting in disgust. Why did SuHo have to behave like such a mother?

I will be there in a bit. Calm your .

His response to SuHo was short, curt and rude. SeHun downed the remainder of his drink and set his glass down on the table.

“Another refill?” the barman asked as he saw SeHun empty his glass.

“No, that’s me for the night,” SeHun replied off handed, he was still observing the dancers. One person caught his eye in particular. He was on the outskirts of the group nursing a drink, looking sorely out of place with his wide innocent eyes, he looked delicate and pure. SeHun was intrigued. Why was he here? He did not look like he was enjoying himself much.

 He signalled the manager over.

“Is the stage off limits?” SeHun asked bluntly. He wanted to make a spectacle and show the clubbers what real dancing was. Besides, if they reacted well to it, he would take that as a sign for his auditions tomorrow.

“What do you want to do?” the manager quipped.

“Dance,” SeHun said shortly, tapping his foot impatiently.

“Go ahead,” the manager said. He would love to see the lanky boy make a fool of himself in front of the crowd. Most of the ‘dancers’ who asked for the stage, froze up and stumbled. SeHun could see the thoughts clearly in the manager’s expression.

“I’m a professional,” SeHun said thumbing his nose at the manager, “Play club number one for me.”

He shrugged out of his black, form-fitting leather jacket and tossed it at the barm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter