The One For Me

One For Me

Chapter 6 – The One For Me

 

 

“The winners are…Choi Minho and Lee Taemin.”

 

 

 

 

Minho and Taemin sat alone in the dressing room. They said nothing too each other. They each looked opposite directions, trying hard not to say anything or meet each other’s gazes. There was a long awkward silence while they waited for the MC and judges to give them their directions for the next phase. It was so silent in the room you could hear the clock ticking.

Finally the MC and judges walked in the room, easing the unbearable aura. They looked at the two tired and anxious finalists.

“Alright, boys. The judges have decided you will be singing the song ‘One For Me.’ You do know that song, right?” The MC explained.

Both boys nodded and the he handed them the lyrics. “Look over these. You’ll have to sing until the death. In the end, we will choose one winner. Prepare for battle in 10 minutes.”

With those concise instructions the adults left, leaving them alone in the room. They both studied the lyrics. For 3 whole minutes they said nothing to each other. Minho gave Taemin random glances, but Taemin didn’t lift his eyes from the paper once.

Finally, their 10 minutes of silence and studying passed, and they were led to the stage. They walked out where they saw rows upon rows of students and contestants sitting in the theatre. Taemin gulped nervously. He wasn’t much of a singer, but he would try his best. He felt as if he needed to surpass Minho. He covered his eyes from the bright stage lights, seeing Kibum and Jonghyun waving at him. The MC introduced them before the song started and they were left to sing the song.

The beat echoed on stage. Minho and Taemin shot a short glance at each other before the words to the song came on.

 

Bangeum, Geunyeo jeonhwareul badgo saenggaki cham manhi jyeosseo
Eoje, saranghadeonae inege beorimbadatdae

 

The rhythm was easy for Minho, being in top choir, but difficult for Taemin. He tried his best to sing with all his might. I have to beat Minho. But why? What reason do I have to try and beat him? I know he hurt me, but he seemed so sorry about it.

 

Jigeum, Ulmeogideon geunyeol dallaejureo gajiman nan

Naesim, Gibbeojineun maumeul chameul suga eobneunde

 

Minho looked at Taemin. He wondered what he was thinking. He hoped that Taemin would come to understand why he did what he did. He didn’t want to hurt him. He loved him. He just wanted him to know that.

 

Nan inareul gidaryeoseo

Nae eoggaereul billyeojumyeo

Nunmureul daggajugo

 

Geunyeoye yeope,

Yeongweonhi gyeote,

Nae jaril mandeureo nohgoseo,

Chingo anin, namjaro byeonhae,

Seulpeumeun eobtdorog

Jikyeo-jul geo-rago

Anajumyeo malhalgeoya

 

Minho kept his eyes set on Taemin while he sang the chorus. It was really everything he wanted to promise to Taemin. He knew he wanted to be a real man for him, not just some secret. He wanted to be Taemin’s one and only, if only he could tell Taemin so he would understand.

 

Jeogi, Du mureube gogael pamugoseo uneun geunyeo

Meonjeo, jumeoniye sonsugeon ggeonae geonejugose

 

Taemin could tell Minho was staring at him, and he tried his best to ignore him. He couldn’t. He loved Minho; he was everything he would want in a lover. He was beautiful and strong. He knew they had a rivalry, but Taemin just wanted to be with him.

 

Ijeo! Ijhyeo jil geoya nal mideo

Mideo, Geureohge wiroreul haejugo

Ije, Neomaneul barabwajul saram mannara haesseo

 

Minho made sure Taemin saw that last line was sung for him. He could tell that Taemin could sense Minho’s vibe. He made sure he would tell Taemin how much he loved him and how sorry he was for hurting him, and that it would never happen again. Taemin looked into his eyes, singing the rest of the song with his eyes on Minho.

 

 

Ansseureoun geunyeojiman Geuge deo-ug yebbeo boyeo

Gi-eoko oneuleun

 

Geunyeoye yeope,

Yeongweonhi gyeote,

Nae jaril mandeureo nohgoseo,

Chingo anin, namjaro byeonhae,

Seulpeumeun eobtdorog

Jikyeo-jul geo-rago

Anajumyeo malhalgeoya

 

They faced each other, as if singing their forgiveness and love to each other.

 

Geutorog geuryeoun sigan geunyeo

Nae pume gidae ulgo itjiman

I sungan naneun geunyeol wihan

Joheun swil jariga dwaesseo (like a blanket)

Nal bomyeonseo mideumeul jiweobeoril su itge deumjighan namja dwilgeoya

 

With all his might, Minho sang the next line, as if telling Taemin exactly how he felt, and how he will never hurt him ever again.

 

You are the one for me! Yeah, woah-oh

 

Taemin smiled to himself as he went on with the chorus.

 

Geunyeoye yeope,

Yeongweonhi gyeote,

Nae jaril mandeureo nohgoseo,

Chingo anin, namjaro byeonhae,

Seulpeumeun eobtdorog

Jikyeo-jul geo-rago

Anajumyeo malhalgeoya

 

Geunyeo mamsoge

Jimeul ji-eullae,

Nugudo busul su eobtdorog, sarangeuro

Apeumi bulgo

Nunmuli saeodo

Muneojiji ahneun

Aju teunteunhan ansigcheoreul

 

Taemin let Minho take the rap, staring at him with a smile on his face. He didn’t feel like he was competing against him anymore. He felt like they were a team, no matter which side they were on. He loved him, he forgave him, and there was no one in the world that would say anything against it.

 

Oh! Do beon dasineun nohji anha

He-eojin hu geunyeoga nareul chaja

Gidaryeo watdeon geunyeojanha

Pume angyeo geudaereul matgyeo naman mideo

Geu sarami ni gaseume

Nam gin saramye sang cheo!

Micheo! Ijji mothal chu-eogeul jiweoga sarangeun sarangeuro ijhyeo jyeo

Ga ja ije neoye yeopye nareul bwa

 

Minho ended his rap with charisma, leaving the audience and judges awed by his performance. They all gave the two of them a standing ovation. He didn’t care about the people before him; he only cared about the boy standing on stage with him. The boy he loved and the only one for him. They walked slowly toward each other to embrace, when they were each attacked by their friends. Jonghyun and Kibum hugged Taemin tightly, Jinki giving Minho a high five. Even with their friends around them, they still kept their eyes on each other.

The MC came and stood in between the two groups. “Wow! What an amazing performance! Now it’s up to the judges to decide the winner.” The auditorium was silent as one judge came up and handed the MC a slip of paper. There was a short, but seemingly long silence before the MC finally called out the winner.

“And the winner of the talent show is…Choi Minho!!”

Cheers and applause erupted in the auditorium. Key and Jonghyun comforted Taemin, but Taemin didn’t care. He was happy. He got the man he wanted, with no more secrets or backstabbing. Jinki high fived Minho, but Minho stilled stared at Taemin. They left their friends and walked toward each other, leaving Kibum, Jonghyun, and Jinki staring unknowingly at each other.

They met in the middle of the stage, all eyes on them. “Taemin…” Minho was the first to speak.

“It’s alright. I forgive you for everything. I know how much I mean to you now. I don’t care about the rivalry or the secrets. I just want you, Choi Minho.” Taemin said, moving close to Minho to kiss him.

Minho pulled back and looked around, “Taemin, our friends…the students…” He was worried, but Taemin placed his palm on Minho’s cheek.

“I don’t care about them anymore.” With that, he planted his lips firmly on Minho’s. Gasps and stares were given to the boys. And then, surprisingly, cheers. Even from the rivals. Taemin and Minho stayed with their lips together for a while, then pulled apart with smiles on their faces. Minho was given a trophy, and the rival boys came to them with happiness. At that moment, everything was alright.

 

 

 

Taemin felt a nudge on his arm. His best friend, Kibum, was sitting behind him trying to wake him up.

“Yah, Taemin-ah, wake up class is almost over.” He was unusually bright this afternoon. Taemin groaned and lifted his head from his desk.

“You were right, teacher is soooo boring.” He stretched, getting his things together. He managed to get all his books in his bag before the bell rang. When they walked out the door, Jonghyun was standing there, as usual, leaning against the wall.

“That was quicker than usual.” He said as he embraced Kibum.

“I wasn’t the one that fell asleep this time!” Kibum proudly exclaimed before a kiss.

“Teacher is boring as hell when summer is getting closer.” Taemin gave a lame excuse. He was startled when a pair of strong arms wrapped around his neck. He felt a kiss being placed on the back of his head.

“Choi Minho!” Jonghyun playfully called out, as if to rat him out. Jinki appeared as well.

Taemin turned around and kissed his boyfriend. “How was class?” Minho asked him. They talked and walked to the school exit. Minho had his arm wrapped around Taemin’s waist, in front of everyone, with no shame at all. They stopped before the door and looked at the bulletin board, there was a sign-up sheet, like the one for the talent show.

 

SIGN UP FOR THE END OF THE YEAR MUSICAL HERE.

 

The boys each looked at each other and laughed. They signed their names, wondering what adventures would occur this time.

 

 

OMG. That took way too long. TT__TT But it's over. I liked the way the story turned out. :) Right now I'm working on a Jongkey fic, i was going to upload it tonight, but my unnie was like lets go dancingggggggggggggg. :P So this will do for now. Be sure to go check out my other stories! If you like that is >w> Nonetheless, it's been great. :)

Also, high school musical huh? My idea for a new fanfic. Making it a teen top/shinee fic. Ya digg? ;D

 

THANK YOU FOR READING!! - SHINeeshawol1292 <3