2

龍の花嫁

If Joonmyun had thought that being a Dragon's mate was difficult, then being a pregnant mate was even more difficult than carrying a tiger and a sheep across the Han river without the tiger eating the sheep. Not once did Yifan leave him alone, even for a second - he accompanied him to get a glass of water, to go into the garden to sit on the swing, to get into the living room to watch television - hell, Yifan didn't even let him pick up the damn remote. It wasn't as if he was made out of glass just because he was pregnant, and he most certainly could turn on the television himself without the help of his mate.

He eyeballs the tall male beside him.

"Yifan, get out, I'm trying to pee here."

"You might fall."

Joonmyun huffs and rolls his eyes at the other's reasoning for following him into the bathroom. "For Christ's sake, Yifan, I'm just peeing! You could've waited outside."

"You might fall inside," Yifan insists, leaning back against the wall and crossing his arms like he always did whenever he was trying to prove his point.

"You already placed non-slip mats in every single inch of the bathroom, you'd think the chances of me slipping and getting a miscarriage are already so much slimmer than Sehun's waistline. Did you want to hold it for me, then?" Joonmyun snaps at his mate, mood more irritable by the way the Dragon was acting as well as the hormones that were all but raging in his body. 

"If you wanted me to, yes," Yifan replies coolly, not affected by his mate snapping at him anymore. The first trimester of Joonmyun's pregnancy had involved a lot of fights, especially from the smaller male's side, and two weeks into the pregnancy made Yifan realize that it was the hormones speaking, and not his usually loveable and easy-going mate. Almost every single pregnant mate was snappy, and irritable, his mother had told him once, and boy was she right.

"I'm not an invalid, Yifan!" Joonmyun stomps his foot and rolls his eyes, voice pitching higher in a whiny tone as he purses his pink lips at the taller male. "You're treating me like glass, and I don't like it."

"You don't like anything that makes you feel weak," Yifan mutters, but wraps his arms around his small mate to comfort him anyway. "I just care for you. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to you or the child, because I'm supposed to protect you as your mate and your husband. Right now is the time for you to rest and let me handle everything for you, okay?"

The thing about Joonmyun's temper-tantrums was that the male was easily pacified - some sweet words stringed together, and his burning rock-hard resolve would crumble like a nice, crumbly cookie. Yifan never forgets to thank the gods for making his mate someone understanding despite being pregnant with his child, and was easy to talk to when he was whining.

"As long as I get to turn on the television myself," Joonmyun warns, pouting more - a sign that he was giving up the fight, and Yifan couldn't be any happier.

"Sure, baby. As long as you let me do anything that involves walking for you."

He leans down and places a soft kiss against the male's temple, smiling softly at his mate, who wordlessly lifts up his arms so that Yifan can carry him. Smiling wider and showing his gums, Yifan scoops the smaller male into his arms and walks back into the living room.


"I'm so bored," Joonmyun groans out as he flips the channels on the television. His mate was currently out, handling some business relations with the Elf Kingdom, and had left him home alone. The brunette was bored out of his mind from doing nothing but watching the television, and even the shows that were being broadcasted was boring - right now he was watching a documentary that followed a lioness, and how the male lions who came into her territory killed her cubs and mated her just because she was in heat.

"Go sleep then," Sehun retorts from the loveseat adjacent to the couch that Joonmyun was on. Luhan had left him alone to go shopping, something that Joonmyun would've enjoyed, had he not been pregnant. Yifan had told Luhan that Joonmyun was not allowed to go anywhere on his feet, and the redhead had muttered something about getting Joonmyun a scooter so he could at least get some damn exercise.

Joonmyun attempts to throw a pillow at Sehun for his unappreciated comment, but misses his target and ends up crossing his arms and pouting for the rest of the hour-long television show. This is how Yifan finds his mate when he returns, and he raises an eyebrow at Sehun to ask him silently what he did to his mate. The younger male shrugs, but quickly turns tail and flees up the stairs before Joonmyun can start whining to his brother about how 'mean' he was.

"What's wrong, baby?" Yifan asks once Sehun had all but fled out of the room, sitting down beside his mate and putting a hand on his barely-showing belly. "Did Sehun do something again?"

"He's mean!" Joonmyun whines loudly, burying his face in the Dragon's neck as he pouts even more. "He's basically just saying I'm a pig who does nothing but sleep and eat all day!"

Upstairs, Sehun shakes his head as he tells his brother telepathically that he did no such thing, and only asked the brunette to sleep because he was bored. He also inwardly blames his brother for leaving his pregnant mate for so long and making the other antsy and irritated.

"Are you two talking through telepathy again?!" Joonmyun screeches when Yifan attempts to soothe the male with lines of 'you know Sehun doesn't mean it, he's still young and he doesn't know about the erratic emotions of a pregnant person'. "You're sleeping on the couch tonight, I don't care!"

With a huff, his husband gets off the couch and storms back to the bedroom, ignoring Yifan's calls of "honey, you're going to injure yourself!" and "at least let me carry you to bed!"

Damn it, Sehun, this is all your fault! Yifan scolds his brother, and he hears a ringing laughter in his head. Grumbling to himself, the Dragon chases after his mate like a knight in shining armor would chase a dragon away from a princess.

When Yifan does get to the bedroom door at the top of the stairs, running like he's being chased by something more horrible than a Dragon (maybe his mother when she got mad, yeah that worked) and rattles the handle when he realizes it's locked. He knows that he can break the door down any time given his strength, but he knows better than to force Joonmyun into a corner when the male was upset at him - especially when pregnant, though it was probably the first time that Joonmyun was pregnant.

"Baby, please, let me in," He pleads outside of the wooden door, knocking on it softly. There's a soft rustle, and he knows that Joonmyun can hear him perfectly fine. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me?"

The rustling sounds grow louder, and Yifan begins to worry that his husband is hurting himself. "Baby?"

With a loud click, the door swings open, and a pillow and duvet are shoved in his face before he can react, the door slamming in less than a minute. He stands there for a moment, gaping at the wood as he lets the sleeping materials drop to the floor and knocks again, swallowing hard.

"Love?"

There was no reply, and Yifan sighs loudly, picking up the pillow and the duvet, resigning himself to a well-deserved fate in the guestroom, without a warm, toasty Joonmyun by his side for the night. Again, he curses his brother in his head, and smiles to himself when he hears a deserving sneeze outside his dear brother's door.


It was midnight when the door creaked open, and Yifan's hypersensitive hearing immediately rouses him. Soft footsteps pad over to the bed, and the sheets are peeled back ever so gently before the Dragon feels someone cuddling to him, wrapping slender arms around his waist. He turns, eyes glistening in happiness in the dark as he drinks in the sight of his tousled mate, with adorable bed hair and an equally adorable pout to match. Wordlessly, he draws his arms around his mate and pulls him closer, nuzzling the brunette's collarbone. Joonmyun lets out a soft, content sigh at the contact.

"I... I couldn't sleep, so," The small male starts, his tone ringing with excuses to make to seem like he wasn't giving in to temptation and he wasn't forgiving his husband. 

"If you say so," Yifan replies softly, leaning down to capture the brunette's lips in a chaste kiss. "Goodnight, love."

Joonmyun huffs again, and glares at him. "I'm not forgiving you yet."

"If you say so."

"I'm really not."

"If you say so, love. Goodnight."

The brunette huffs again indignantly, and buries his face in Yifan's strong chest, reveling in the feeling of security provided by his mate's warmth and strength. He lets his eyes flutter close slowly, and soon he falls asleep. The Dragon wraps his arms tighter around his mate and smiles to himself. Suddenly, Joonmyun shifts in his arms, and he finds glistening orbs looking up at him.

"... Goodnight."

Joonmyun then proceeds to shut his eyes and go to sleep, breath evening out against the blonde's chest while Yifan just smiles wider. Looks like his little mate had more than a little trouble staying away from the Dragon, and the Dragon was more than happy to keep him company.


ugh so cheesy. 

buries myself in a hole.

i keep mixing up the names from the wolf au and this au, like in the wolf au it's Suho and Kris, but in this it's Joonmyun and Yifan; and i just keep typing Suho and Kris. otl Kill me now.