ALL THE SYMPTOMS.

Heart Disease.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-REFLECTION-

 

« Now I'm in this condition

And I got all the symptoms

Of a girl with a broken heart

But no matter what you'll never see me cry »

 

   He parked his car in the alley, he checked his watch, 7 in the morning. Was it too early? He thought the journey from his house would last more than 40 minutes but guess only 20 were enough. We were on Sunday, the street were desert since no one was working or attending school. He sighed taking off his seatbelt before opening the car’s door. He looked around, the residential street was desert, no one. He sighed rubbing his neck. and making his way towards the mansion door. He finally reached the door, to only stop starring at it, should he rang the bell or knock?  He finally made the decision to rang the bell, the sound of it seemed to echoed in all the street, provoking some birds to suddenly fly. Everyone seemed to have been disturbed by the bell, everyone except the person living in the house. He looked around, thinking about what to do, if the person did not hear the bell then he wouldn’t hear a simple knock on the door. He made some steps back taking a look at the house, he did not even know why he came in the first place, he was not even living here anymore. He looked at the facade, all the windows were closed, it was probably very dark inside. Maybe it was a sign, telling him that he was not welcomed, that he did not have to be here. He took one last look at the house before walking back to his car. He played with his car keys, ready to open the door when something caught his attention, it was shiny, he looked deeply at it, realizing that it was a key, but not any key.

He opened the door, as expected the house was very dark, he frowned passing from the lights outside to the darkness inside. He closed the door, turning on the soft wall lamps. The scene in front of him was unbelievable, there were dust everywhere, clothes, empty bottles and  box put on the floor as well as many books full of dust in the stairs. The sun probably did not go in for weeks, there were a stuffy smell. The house was a mess and the owner was nowhere to be seen. He passed by the living room and the kitchen taking a look inside each of it. Both were empty, no one beside the mess left by the owner, the dishes in the sink seemed to have been there for more than a month. He came back in the corridor, aiming for the 1st floor, but he stopped when he spotted something on the floor. It was a dress, her dress laying on the floor, a dress that costed 1700 Dollars. A 1700 dollars dress was laying on the floor just like a simple carpet. He picked it up, posing it on the closest furniture before climbing the stairs, trying not the bump into the different boxes standing on them. He managed to reach the first floor, again same mess, he walked in the dark reaching for the white door. But he stopped in front of it, his hand on the door’s handle. 

 

 

 

   He decided to open the door, as expected the room was dark, he couldn’t see anything. It took him a few seconds to get used to the darkness. After a few seconds he was finally able to see the objects and furnitures in the room. Beside some few mess everything was still the way it used to be when he left 6 months ago. Same curtains, same bed, same white sheets, and same woman laying into them. Well actually no, she was not the same woman anymore and the windows he left opened were now closed. He starred at her still sleeping, she was entirely covered by the blanket, only her black  long hair was showing,  contrasting with the white sheet. But still he could still guess the lines of her body. The room was still in the dark but he could see the scenery around him very well. There were clothes on the floor, as well as papers and books. It was messy, he was surprised for sure but what surprised him the most was the amount of empty glass everywhere on the floor. He kneeled reaching for one of them, he remained starring at it, afraid of what it may contained. He finally got the courage to get the glass closer to his nose, and to his surprise it did not smell like it may have contained alcohol. He breathed out, but not a breath of relief it was instead  a hopeless one.  Hopeless one, because he hoped that alcohol may have been the answer to her behavior. But it wasn’t and until now nothing could explain her behavior last night. Resigned Kyuhyun choose to sit on the corner of the bed where his future ex wife was still asleep. 

 

 He remained sit on the edge of the bed, both hands on his lap, starring at the room around him trying to remember how it was when he left 6 months ago. His blouse he was wearing this day and that he left behind him was still at the same place he left it, it was still hanging on the chair, just like all of the stuff he left. His golf club were still laying against the wall in the corner, the book he was reading before going to sleep was still on the night stand, two of his watch were still standing on the dressing table, and his hiking bag was still laying under it. Curious he decided to stand up and to take a look inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter