Day Two

October 15

      Sehun did not actually sleep; well he was not comfortable of course resting on someone's place. He just kept on turning left and right, rolling endlessly. In addition, the noise of what his Noona was cooking made him awake. He thought of how to make him sleep.

      Aha! The rubik’s cube. He knew it never fail from making him tired on solving it. He grabbed his brown shoulder bag to get the cube inside. Thankfully, it was already jumbled.

      Sehun could solve it within 2-4 minutes. His eyebrows were almost connecting whenever he worked on it.

      "Hey! I never knew you know how to solve that." It was Chanyeol, smiling like a maniac at him. He almost jumped on shock due to sudden appearance of that deep-toned-woman but thankfully he was a master of hiding his feelings.

      "Ah, yeah."

      "Since when?" The strawberry head sat with him at the bed as she gained interest to what he was playing.

      "Umm, just this year."

      "Really?"

      Yes, because of someone as his inspiration and it was Luhan, a member of a famous rookie group. Solving a rubik’s cube was not new to his generation. Its craze was reborn when he was in first year college. This toy had no appeal to him until the time he met Luhan. 'He was amazing.' That was the boy said as he saw his video at YouTube.

      His Hyung knew how to solve that so he asked him to be taught of the techniques. He used to solve it by his own but it took him 1 and a half day.

      "Wow!" Amazement aroused to Chanyeol as the kid finished it within 4 minutes. "Can you teach me how to do that?"

      "Well, I couldn't remember the code my brother told me but I could just show it to you. Sorry." He replied while scratching his head.

      The kid disarranged the cube again to solve it for the 2nd time. Chanyeol stood up with a curved on her lips, going out to check on the meal she was cooking.

      "Sehun-Baby, if I look you over here again, made sure you're done with that and sleeping. Got it?" She said snobbishedly, no one ever thought she was fit to do that.

      "Ok!" He said like a little boy agreeing to his Mommy.

 

      After solving the cube, he put it beside him and lied on the bed again to sleep. He successfully got unconscious but for a short time only. He was awakened by the person beside him, talking to someone on the phone.

      "I need to wait for Eonni to come but don't worry we'll be there this morning. I'm going to bring food for us, Baby."

      'She must be talking with Kris'. Sehun then stopped listening when they started talking about their usual random cheesy talk. He was facing opposite to Chanyeol, so the tall girl was not aware he was awake. His eyes were getting bigger hearing their strange stuff such as...

      "What? Mohawk? It's for people who take drugs, you nuts!"

      "Baby, make sure you don't leave the peanut butter again opened. God! Ants will surely be surrounding that again."

      "I'm hungry already the chicken is not yet cook."

      Sehun just rolled his eyes from what he was hearing.

      "Oh, Sehun. He was asleep now." He quickly closed his eyes when he could see the shadow of the older leaning closer to him. "Don't worry. He'll be alright."

      He could not help but to chuckle at them, remembering what he was announcing to the people he asked for shelter. He proudly said he was officially an adopted child of the couple. He was their "HappyBI", the name they would give to their future child.

      "Love you, good night." Then the call ended. Chanyeol finally became quiet and seemed she was already sleeping.

      Alright, there would be no more deep loud voice to interrupt the young boy's slumber. He rested his eyes again and became unconscious.

      You might be wondering why these two people were sharing one bed although they were opposite in gender. In our society, a man and woman who were not bound by blood or marriage that was resting in one room was a taboo. Well. it was because like what was mentioned on the previous chapter, they treat themselves as siblings. Sehun-baby would also never get interested to Chanyeol due to her inappropriate behavior. So let's just let them with that brother-sister relationship.

 

     Back to the story, a few moments later, the sound of something sizzling was there again. Sehun opened his eyes for the nth time and found out Chanyeol was not beside him.

      "Sehun?" Chanyeol was standing beside the door. Her burglar like action was still there when she suddenly left him. She seemed she went at the kitchen to turn off the stove when the sound was finally gone. She went back again to her room where Sehun was, grinning at him like a maniac again.

      "Let's go and sleep. I'm sure you will have a headache tomorrow if you keep on awakening." She poked his forehead as she lied at his side again. Sehun decided to face opposite from her.

      "What time is it?" He curiously asked because maybe he was wondering why she was still awake and cooking.

      "3:30."

      The boy leaned back to her again in shocked.

      "What? And, you’re still cooking?" He asked hysterically.

      "Because the chicken was not fully cook yet." She just stared him like a jpg.

      "I remember you've been cooking THAT chicken since the time we get here. And still---" His eyes got more chinked by looking at her.

      "Yes, but I got sleepy so I turn the stove off to take a nap and I'm going to do it again." People, this person was just showing how sloppy and inappropriate she was.

      "What? That's what you told me. I just need to take a nap and we will have our dinner. Now, you're telling me what you're doing right now. So, we will have our meal this MORNING, is that what you mean?" He massaged his temple while trying to understand what behavior this girl was showing.

      She pouted and rubbed her hand to the boys shoulder. "Sehun-ah, were just going to take nap and wake up at 5:30. Don't worry, I'm not gonna let you get late, promise."

      She promised. The boy obeyed her with a nod, turning his back to the woman again. he sighed before drowning to his slumber and that seemed to place him at peace a little.

      He could wake himself up by using his phone as an alarm clock, if he just had charge his handy-phone at his real home. However he forgot to that pushed him to depend to this woman to wake him up. He brought his phone with him but its battery was dead.

 

      Within a few moments, the boy awakened and he believed that was the last time he would woke up on that bed again. He found Chanyeol's phone beside him. He turned the phone's light to see what time was on the screen right now. Learning the truth made his jaw dropped.

      5:53 AM, 23 minutes passed from the time Chanyeol told him that they would wake up.

      "Oh my god! I'm gonna be late! I'M GONNA BE LATE! Chanyeol!" He panicked.

      His tantrum was effective to wake the woman beside him up. Even she was half awake, Chanyeol managed to stand up. "Ok! Ok! Ok!" She pathetically said with a drowsy eyes. Sehun gave her phone for her to see the time.

      "Don't worry I would not let you be late. There's still a lot of time." The taller assured holding his arms tightly.

      "A LOT?" He asked upsetly.

      "Ssshhh!!! The older hush the boy. "The neighbors might get awake. Come on let's just go to the kitchen."

      Sehun just released a deep breath instead of whining more. He realized he was too upset and bothered in the start of the day.

      Both of them went out of the room and like the taller said proceed to the kitchen.

      Chanyeol faced him and smiled sheepishly when they got there. Sehun knew if the older acted like that, there was something wrong going on.

      He was correct, there really was. The chicken Chanyeol have been cooking since last night was still on the pan. She lightened the stove up to continue her cooking and the other pan to cook some vegetables. She also turned the rice cooker on.

      "Great..." The younger rolled his eyes as he sighed. He sat on the dining table, resting his face on his palm.

      Chanyeol looked at him while she was busy in the kitchen.

      "This will be just quick like less than 15 minutes. I promise." The older said who looked stressed from cooking.

      "Whatever."

      After she was done cooking, she packed the meal on the container. She placed the fried chicken inside the pot of the rice cooker the same time Sehun prepared his things as well.

      "Sehun, the doughnut you both was eaten by the ants." Chanyeol showed him the small paper bag where it was place. The boy ignored it so she shrugged her head and throw it on the bin.

 

      The two continued to their journey. Chanyeol's new house with Kris was just walking distance to her sister's place. They only needed to cross the road but still Chanyeol's older sister was unaware of it.

      "Kris." Chanyeol called his boyfriend to wake him from his slumber on the couch.

      The man was wearing only his boxers; maybe he was comfortable with that since he was inside their private property.

      The man hummed blinking his eyes before fully opening it up.

      "Would you please rise already? Sehun was looking at you. I told you to clean the house before we come." Chanyeol scolded.

      "I did." The baritone voice said while rubbing his eyes.

      "Do you want to take a shower first?" Chanyeol offered to the younger that Sehun answered with a nod. "Ok, that's the bathroom."

      Sehun looked on the direction where she's pointing hesitatingly. "Umm, Noona." He was blushing as he speaks.

      He walked closer to his so-called older sister, exchanging look with the couple. "I actually don't have some clothes to change into."

      "I could lend you clothes if you want." Chanyeol's boyfriend offered. The redness of Sehun's face did not fade with that and it just made his cheeks redder.

      "Nah, Baby. Sehun would borrow from me instead." His girlfriend opposed him. This seemed lifted the heavy feelings the youngest had when he sighed. Chanyeol could see the confusion on her boyfriend's face that widened her eyes. "Because your clothes were too big for this boy. His tall but not taller than us and look, he's so petite. He's body were more girly than me."

      It was so shameful for the boy but Chanyeol was correct on that fact.

      "Ok, Sehun. Go to the shower and I'll just bring you my clothes there." The girl gently pushed the boy forward the way to their bathroom.

 

      After his bath, the meal that was the strawberry head been preparing since last night were already presented on the small dining table.

      "Baby, check Sehun out. My clothes suit him right." The dummy looking person said to her lover.

     "You’re right." Kris was a serious looking person but by the way he stared at the topic, he did not have a difference with his partner.

      Sehun blushed, facing his lower body. He was wearing Chanyeol's baby blue collar shirts that have a little more allowance for him, the girl's skinny jeans but looks like a normal cut jeans to him. He had no choice but to wear these clothes on. All of his clothings were left at his home.

      “Come here, Sehun.” The tall female invited while she sat at the small table. “Let’s eat breakfast.”

      The youngest in that place obeyed. He sat as well, staring the meal in front of him. Chanyeol’s boyfriend did the same. The three of them started eating. In the middle of it, Sehun could not help but to stare at the couple. They were feeding each other just like a regular pair.

      The boy chuckled on it. At the same time, he felt envious. When will he found his better half? Till now, Sehun haven’t got anyone to be with him in a relationship.

 

      After the meal, Sehun and Kris prepared to go to their company. The two were in the same department on their work. They went ahead and left Chanyeol at home.

 

      When Sehun arrived to his work, he made sure to hide everything that was happening to him right now. Not until in the middle of the day, his friend spilled it to their former boss and some other acquaintances. Of course, the boy got a lot of scolding from them. “You’re just a kid.” That was what they kept on telling him.

      “Don’t worry I’ll be back there soon.” He smiled as if this is just a normal day.

      Then the day of work finally ended.

      Sehun was walking along with the couple. He was there laughing with the comedy they were doing while their trio were going home. Kris imitated his lover’s burglar-like-walk. Placing the bag of the lady down the floor and ran away.

 

      As they got home and ate dinner, they stayed at the living room for a while. Sehun solved his rubik’s as usual. The couple, they were talking something important. They were comfortable talking about this in front of Sehun. He was not someone like a stranger.

      “Eonni kept on texting me because she noticed that I’m not going home to her place anymore.” Chanyeol looked worried as she pouted facing her boyfriend.

      Her upper body was rested on Kris torso, curled up while the three of them were sitting at the cold floor. The male combed her hair with his fingers, pecking his lips to his lover’s strawberry locks repeatedly.

      “Just tell her you’re staying with me.” Kris said frankly. “Tell her, Eonni, I have Kris’ child inside my tummy. Done!”

      Chanyeol slapped him on his chest.

      “I can’t tell that she’ll get heart attack!”

      All of a sudden, a yawn interrupted their conversation. It was Sehun.

      “Baby, Sehun is sleepy already. Dear, why don’t you go upstairs and rest?”

      The boy nodded and stood from the floor.

      “Goodnight Hyung, Noona.” The couple nodded at him. He left them continuing what they were talking about.

      While walking up at the stairs, Sehun was thinking. Chanyeol and Kris were having a trouble as well but they were good enough to offer him a place.

      Tonight was his last slumber to their house and tomorrow, he would be back to where he came from. He had a little courage but he would still try to return.

 

      The next day, after a day of work, his Dad’s car was there outside the building waiting for him.

      Sehun’s Dad did not talk while they were at the journey to home but the boy could feel that his old man was happy to see him again.

      When he arrived, awkwardness welcomed him.

      “You’re Mom may still be at the kitchen.” Sehun’s Dad said, getting out of the car.

      He ran inside their home and proceeded to the kitchen. His Dad was right. His Mom was there cooking his favorite food.

      “I-I’m home.” He said shakily. The old woman leaned back and smiled at him.

      The two apologized to each other, hugged and just laughed to their misunderstandings.

 

     Later, he learned from his brother that his parents went to his company to look for him. It’s just that the couple did not know what his department’s name.

 

_END_

 

A/N: Doing this adventure on Lee Donghae's birthday...