OO2

Dreamcatcher: Maybe No More Nightmare

A brunette entered the gate of the Yonsei University, one of the most prestigious university in South Korea before the gate close. She let out a relief sigh and started to hurry before her class start. Then she felt someone tapped her right shoulder.

" Sooyoung! " her best friend, Jessica said with a smile plastered on her face. Sooyoung look at Jessica happily before continued to walk with her.

" Hey, you're late today. I thought you are a morning person. " she said while gave Sooyoung a look. Sooyoung just shrugged her shoulders.

" My alarm clock didn't wake me up today. Maybe it's already run out of battery. " she replied casually. Jessica nodded her head while fixed her blouse. We arrived at the class before the lecturer do. We chose the seats and sat next to each other. Sooyoung carefully put the books on the desk and pulled her chair.

" Do you know, there are many hot juniors enter this college for this year. " Jessica said showing Sooyoung her shining eyes with both of her hands intertwined with each other.

" You always think about men. " Sooyoung said after chuckled at Jessica's statement. Jessica pouted and gave Sooyoung you-jealous face and rolled her eyes. She want to say something to Sooyoung but the lecturer already entered the class. Sooyoung, as usual, took out her jotter and write out the notes that was written on the whiteboard. Jessica only show her famous boring face when the lecturer gave an explanation about the topic.

 


 

" Yeah, we finally enter a university, moreover it is Yonsei University! " Chanyeol said to their group member, EXO while clapped his hands like a seagull. They entered the university together with nerves built up in their chest. They go towards the registration counter and took their own schedule.

" My first class will begin shortly so I should get going now. " Jongin said casually while walked away from the counter. They all split up to go to their respective classes. Then he heard someone called his name.

" Wait for me, Kai! I think we both have the same subject for our first class. " Baekhyun said while panting lightly. They walked together along the corridor towards their first class based on the map that was given for new sophomore.

" Oh, look at them! So handsome. "
the girls squealed. Kai and Baekhyun began to feel uncomfortable.

" Why it sounds so noisy outside the class? " Jessica whispered to Sooyoung's ear. Sooyoung just shook her head and try to see the situation outside. Then he saw two men walked past the classroom. The lecturer ignored the noisy sounds and continued with his explanation.

" Maybe there was a hot juniors walk in front of our class and all the girls go crazy. " Sooyoung joked.

" Really? " Jessica asked with her shining eyes. I just shrugged my shoulders as my answer. After spending a good two hours in the class, the recess bell rang and all the sophomore packed up their things including Jessica and Sooyoung.

" I can't wait to see them! " Jessica said in her dolphin voice.

" Yeah, yeah. Our Jessica can't wait to see the hot juniors. Let's go to the cafeteria, maybe they will be there. " Sooyoung said as she grabbed Jessica's right arm and headed to the cafeteria. They entered the cafeteria with ease since some of them like to eat outside the university.

" I can't see any hotties here. " Jessica said while her eyes wander around, searching for hot boys. Suddenly, Sooyoung's phone rang.

" Wait for me at our usual place. " Sooyoung said and rushed out of the cafeteria. She almost bumped into one of the new sophomore.

" I'm sorry. " she said but she didn't look at his face. Jongin could only looked at the back of her body before she disappeared from his sight.

" Wow, someone in a hurry. " Tao said while put his hand on Jongin's shoulder.

" Let's go. " Suho said and all of them entered the cafeteria. The girls squeal greeted them but they just ignored it.

 




" Yeoboseyo? " Sooyoung asked after she swiped the green icon on her phone.

" What take you so long to answer my call? You like to waste my credit don't you? " her sister, Soojin yelled through the phone. She was fumes with anger now.

" Unnie mianhae. " Sooyoung said, feeling guilty towards her only sister.

" Forget about that. By the way, do you already receives the money from the scholarship? " she asked cutely on the phone and make Sooyoung shivered at her words.

" N.. not yet. " Sooyoung stuttering when she replied to her unnie. She stutters not because she was lying to her sister, but because she was afraid that her sister would scold her. The truth is, she still not received the money from the scholarship.

" Are you lying? " she asked, raising her voice a bit. Sooyoung bite her bottom lips and shook her head; although her sister can't see her.

" I'm not. I told you the truth. " Sooyoung said, try to convince her sister that she is not lying.

" If you continues to lie to me, I'm going to report about this at mom. " she threatened her.

" I'm not lying, unnie. " Sooyoung said and then she turned off the line.

 Beep, beep, beep. Call ended.

Sooyoung let out a heavy while she put my phone in her jeans pocket. She walked towards the cafeteria and go to their usual place. Jessica looked at her with a shining eyes.

" Who call you? " she asked while pushed her a tray of sandwiches and yogurt.

" Thank you. Hmm, my sister. " Sooyoung replied to her and try to act like nothing happen. Jessica began to tell her about the new hotties she saw when Sooyoung is not around. Sooyoung pay her attention to Jessica, not wanting to hurt her feelings.

" Suddenly, I feel like I want to date younger guys. " Jessica said and make Sooyoung laughed at Jessica's obsession towards men. The recess bell rang again, indicates that the break is over. They separated with each other since they have different classes till the end of the day.

" Goodbye, Jess. I'll call you tonight. " Sooyoung waved her hands at Jessica in front of the university gate. Jessica's car drove away and disappeared from her view. Then a drop of water fell into Sooyoung's hand, drop by drop of water fell from the sky.

" Good, I forgot to bring my umbrella. " she said and quickly ran before the rain start to pour heavily.

 


 

" Aish, I should have told Sehun sent me back to the house earlier if I knew today would rain. " Jongin said and sat on the bench at the bus stop. He took out his phone and sent a message to his driver.

     To: Mr. Kang
     From: Jongin

Please take me at the bus stop near the university.

He waited for his driver patiently while playing with his phone. Out of all sudden, a young woman walked in front of him and he noticed that her bag was opened. A thick book dropped out from her bag and produced a loud thud sound. She turned her head to her back and saw her book already on the wet ground. From here, he can see her sighing before rushed towards her book. She picked the book and put it in her bag. Before she walked away, she take a look bus stop. He examined her; plaid t-shirt,skinny jeans and a pair of old sneakers. She have milky yet fair skin, small lips and beautiful eyes. But then, the woman continued to run and disappeared from his gaze.

" Wait, this scene seems familiar. " Jongin whispered to himself. He tried to recall his childhood memories but the sound of horns wake him up from daydreaming. His driver already arrived to fetch him. Jongin quickly entered the car to prevent him from coming in contact with the rain water.

" I'm sorry for coming late. There is a traffic jam at the junction. " Mr. Kang said in apologetic voice. The car start to drive away, slowly leaving the bust stop. Jongin can't stop himself from searching his childhood memories and then a moment flashed in his head.

8 years ago

He saw a girl running in front of him. He noticed that the girl's school bag was opened and her books dropped out of her bag. The noise produced by the falling books has made the girl turned her face to her back. Jongin saw her face; milky skin, small yet pale lips and her beautiful eyes glistening in the rain. She ran towards her books and picked it up from the wet ground. She put her books into her bag carefully and continued to run again.

" If that is the same girl in the past eight years, she is still being clumsy. " he thought let out a soft chuckles. He can't believe that he can meet her, girl in the rain again. Apparently, his request was already granted.

Is this what we call as fate? Or it is just a coincidence?

 


 

" I'm home. " Sooyoung said while took off her shoes and put it on the shoes rack. She took a light steps to go to her room but a cough stopped her from doing that.

" Oh, Sooyoung. Why are you wet? Did you forget to bring along the umbrella? " her father asked in concern. He sat on the couch and switched on the television.

" Nae appa. " she said and decided to go inside her room but her mom called for her.

" It's good that you're back, Sooyoung. " her mother said and Sooyoung stand still like a pole. Her conversations with her sister at university was playing in her mind.

" She didn't tell omma, right? " she thought and started to have a bad feeling for this. Her mom gave her a glare.

" Soojin called me today. " her omma said and sat on the couch beside her father.

" What did she say? " Sooyoung take the liberty to ask her mother.

" Nothing much. She just said that you lied to her about the money. She said that you don't want to give her the money even though you already received the money. That's all. " her omma replied. She always believe what does my sister said and took her side.


" I'm not lying to her. Really, I don't receive any money from the scholarship. " Sooyoung replied. Her eyes already watery but she don't want her tears to fall in front of her mother.

" Why are you so selfish? Soojin is your sister, she sacrifices many things just for you. Why can't you lend your money to her? Anyway, what are you gonna do with the money? You're still a sophomore, your sister is an adult. She needs money more than you need. " her mom exploded. Her father rubbed his wife back, trying to calm her down.

Sooyoung can't bear with all of this, her mom always took her side. Her mom loves Soojin more than her. What's her fault?

" I'm not lying. " Sooyoung said before entered her room. Her father watched her youngest daughter entered the room and his heart aches. He felt that he did not discharge his responsibilities as parents very well. He is so disappointed with himself.