OO4

Dreamcatcher: Maybe No More Nightmare

We stared into each other eyes before she broke the eye staring contest. She sheepishly looked at her shoes as if it was the most interesting things to look at for this time. Almost everyone already found their partner. Mrs. Hwang walked slowly up to the podium again.

" I see everyone already found their partner. So the next mission is, to get know about your partner. You can go anywhere in the university to have your own private conversations but it's not an easy mission. You need to write all the information about your partner and when it is exactly at 5 in the evening, you need to submit your task. Are you understand? " she asked and the students replied.

" If you understand, the second mission start! " she said the students dismissed.

" Where do you want to go? " Sooyoung asked Jongin.

" Hm, I don't know many places since I'm new here. Why don't you recommend me an interesting place moreover you're a senior. " he replied casually. Sooyoung nodded her head and lead the way.

On the way to the secret place, he always try to steal a glance at her and at the same time try to not be obvious. Then they arrived at an unfamiliar place for Jongin. This place is slightly hidden - it was a garden. The garden was eerily silent when they crept in. Only the sound of grass rustling to each other can be heard.

" Wow, this is so beautiful. " he mumbled. Sooyoung already settled on the ground, she was ready with her note pad and her pencil-case. Jongin joined Sooyoung and sat in front of her. He put his bag next to him and took out his things.

" So, my name is Choi Sooyoung and yours is Kim Jongin. " she said and Jongin nodded.

" What is your birth date? " Sooyoung asked while spinning her pen around her finger.

" I was born on 14 January 1993. How about you? " it was his turn to ask her.

" I was born on 9 February 1991. It's obvious that I'm older than you by two years. So you can call me noona? " she said but it sounds like a question rather a statement.

" I know about that. What if I drop the formalities? I'll just call you by your name, are you okay with that? " he asked for her permission while wearing his usual poker face. He can see Sooyoung rubbed her hands nervously.

" Even you don't allow me, I'm still not going to call you noona. " he thought.

" O..of course, I'm fine with that. You can call me Sooyoung. So what should I call you? " she stammered but managed to finish her sentence.

" Call me Kai. Can I ask you something? " he questioned.

" Oh sure, just ask me anything. " Sooyoung said.

" Where do you live before? " he asked.

" I lived at Gwangju, Gyeonggi before I moved to Seoul. Why? " she asked curiously.

" Nothing, just for the task. " he stated his excuse.

" Yes, now I am confident that she girl in the rain that I saw for the past eight years. " he thought.

" I see. " she replied and we continued our conversations to finish the task. Sometimes she tried to crack a joke to break the silence between us and yet she succeed.

" It's almost 5 in the evening. We should go now. " she said and packed her things quickly. Jongin followed her from behind. They arrived at the hall in time.

"
Good job. " Mrs. Hwang said while gave us a warm smile. We nodded our heads before both of us bowed to her. We walked together towards the bus stop and the situation was super-duper awkward. Then she felt someone zipped her bag and it was Kai.

" Do you always forget to zip your bag? " he asked and her face already turned red, as red as tomato or even chilli.

" Sometimes I forget to zip my bag when I'm in a hurry. Bye! " she replied and bid her goodbye before ran away from him.

" Tch, clumsy yet forgetful. " he smirked and leaned in on the pillar while waiting for his friends. Then his phone vibrated.

     From: Chanyeol

Meet us at Lucky Cafe.

" Haish, why they did not wait for me. " he groaned and put his phone in his pocket.

 



" Kai, over here! " Xiumin said while waving his hand. Kai slowly approached his friends tables and took a seat between Tao and Sehun. Luhan gave him a glass of milk with pearl in it.

" So, how is your progress with your senior? " Suho asked him while sipped his cappucino.

" Good. " he replied with one word.

" Is she hot? " Chanyeol asked him and make he choked on his drink. Kris, who sat in front him gave him a tissue.

" What the heck, it's none of your business. " he said and continued to wipe his mouth. Chanyeol giggled and make a peace-no-war sign to him.

" My senior is hot but she called me a ert. " Tao said.

" Of course she would say it because you have that 'look'. You also a playboy. " Sehun stated and let a fit of laughter. Tao smacked his shoulder and make Sehun growl in pain.


All of them talked about their seniors and sometimes laughed except for Kai. He just in his own world, don't care about his friends.

" What did she think of me? Do I look like a cold person? " he thought.