The Promise

Love and Betrayal

Still scared of what it could have happened to the Princess, Hyuna escorted her to her room. She had to inform of this to her superiors and was dreading it. She would get a severe reprimand, if she had luck. As soon as they get there, Hyuna kneels in shame, apologizing to Gayoon.

"Forgive me....Gayo..I mean princess… i should have been more careful." Hyuna says ashamed, but Gayoon holds her and makes her to stand up.

"Stop...stop...you have done nothing wrong! And Hyuna, call me Gayoon!" She tells her to calm her.
"But..."

"Stop blaming yourself, it was my fault. I just needed some time alone to breathe some fresh air...to calm myself." Gayoon says in a tired voice. She remembers the argument the she had with her father and the Queen.

Hyuna kisses her hand, holding it with deep affection, still fearing for her safety. The security had to be improved, but what if there's more guys using a guard uniform, trying to kill her? She only could think of the Eastern rebels, trying to destroy the Royal Family. 

"If something happens to you... I..." The words die in .

"Ah, come on. Don't think about it..." Gayoon tries to comfort her.

"I'm proud and fortunate to serve you." Hyuna bows and Gayoon smiles.

"I'm the one who's fortunate to have you by my side. You are like my only family, you know?"

Hyuna blushes and she shakes her head. "But your dad and..."

"No." Gayoon's voice is bitter and her stare shows the resentment that she has been harboring in secret towards her father.

"I'm just a piece for trade. I’m born to be an item, my father has no faith in me...he thinks that I'm just a weak girl, too naive to rule this kingdom… And that woman, she's an intruder. She ruins everything, if it wasn’t for her… father would have more trust in me. I still remember when I was young, father told me that one day, this kingdom will belong to me and I have to take good care of it and be the first best Queen in the universe. But after that woman came in, after my mom’s death... everything changed, I’m banned from political activities, I’m banned from everything. Remember Hyuna? We used to train together, I was allowed to learn the martial art but after this woman join in, I’m ban from training or do any other thing other than stay in my room, eat and admire flowers…I miss the old times where I could walk freely and do whatever I wanted" Gayoon sighs and smiles again at Hyuna. "But you....always taking care of me...whenever I’m sad or in trouble, you are always here for me… I don’t know what would I have done without you…I think I would have been out of this world already…"

Hyuna hugs Gayoon tightly, she feels a sharp pain in her chest. She can't bear of anything bad happening to her princess. Gayoon just smiles and holds her, returning the gesture.

"I will protect you, no matter what. I swear...with my life"

 

 

Back to Jiyoon

“Dammit!”

As Jiyoon wipe the blood around her shoulder and try to clean up a bit her uniform. Pain wasn't something that she wasn't used to feel on a regular basis, after all the training that she had faced. It was a normal thing for her. However, as she looks at the morning sky, trying to get some water from a well, located near the kitchen. She tried to analyze who (beside her) would want to kill the princess. She kept thinking who else could be behind this, as she thinks, her shoulder started to hurt again. Even though she took some painkillers and treated her own wounds with the special medicines that she had brought from her village. Her wound was closed quickly but still she was weak due to the effects of the drug.

Jiyoon was still amazed by the princess....


She truly seemed to be a kind girl. The way that she treats her subordinates is something that she is not used to witness in someone with power over others. Even though, she saw that the princess can get mad but she was only mad because of her stupid guard that wanted to put her into the jail which still piss her off and she swear she would revenge on her one of these days. But there's a shadow that follows her. That guard…Jiyoon won't be able to kill the princess unless she gets rid of her bodyguard. 


She hears someone coming and she was expecting to get ready for another scold from the Head Maid for screwing up in the kitchen. However, to her surprise, this time is none other than the princess herself, with her mask on.


“What is she doing here?” Jiyoon thinks as soon as she sees the princess.

"Princess...We weren't expecting you to be here today" Jiyoon bows and Gayoon looks at her trying to confirm her well being.

"I came to see you." Replied Gayoon


Jiyoon blinked in shock and smiled nervously. This girl surprised her again. But then, Jiyoon noticed that "her shadow" was not so far away from her. And she could feel the presence of more people looking at them. It sent chills on her. Those guards seemed to be different from the usual guys from the last time. “What could she want with me..Am I in trouble or did she find out something? Aish…I better get ready to escape…This is going to be tough with so many guards here but oh well… let’s hope my shoulder can bear the pain until I can be safe…”


Jiyoon immediately bowed. "You are truly a kind person, your highness. I'm not worthy of your presence."

 

Hyuna looked at them, trying to gather anything suspicious from Jiyoon. There wasn't something not quite right with that girl. A simple person would have died against someone with such strength. But she seemed to be perfectly fine, and she was even able to endure those wounds...something’s fishy here.

 

"Don't say that! You have done so much for me and we have just met." Gayoon has that bright smile that distracts Jiyoon for a moment, and she steps at her, taking her hands.


"I'm in debt with you. If there's anything that I can do...just tell me. " Gayoon's words makes Jiyoon feel confused again and she can feel her own cheeks burning and she lowers her gaze.


"No...it's... it's fine, Princess. I'm just fine." She can't believe that she's holding her hands with such tenderness that makes her feel disgusted at herself.


“No way...I can't...”
 

Jiyoon steps back and Gayoon lets her go, watching her, making a reverence.


"Thanks for coming to see me, your majesty. I'm thankful for that. " Jiyoon speaks and she can see Hyuna coming at them.

“Sigh...this princess, why does she have to revolve around a low class maid like her! Something’s not right with her, my instinct is never wrong! She must be hiding something, I must stay with Gayoon all the time so that she can’t have an opportunity to strike her…Arg, wait but she protected the princess…Arg this isn’t making sense..but she’s definitely hiding something and I have to be on my guard! We better leave before something happens.” thinks Hyuna as she approaches the princess


"Your highness...we have to go." Hyuna solemnly says and Jiyoon bows again. Gayoon looks at her, she has the need to tell her something more than just a

"Thank you". However, she departs from Jiyoon and Hyuna stares at Jiyoon, who is trying to not show any trace of fear, but tranquility, before following Gayoon. The rest of the soldiers appear, guarding them.

 

“What was that…she really just came to check up on me? .. This is unbelievable..why would she care about someone of a low social status like me…But that Hyuna… I have a bad feeling about her.. She will be a big obstacle for me to succeed in this mission…”