The Humiliation

Love and Betrayal

“What is this feeling…is this what people say about regret..and fears?...I feel like something aches in my chest” as Jiyoon stare deeply into Gayoon.

”So, I haven’t seen you around.. Are you new?” Gayoon’s question brings her to reality.

Jiyoon blinks and she came back to her mind. “Oh..yeah, kinda… but are you saying you remember all of your maids?”

Gayoon laughs. ”No, I don’t. But, with a pretty girl like you, I’m sure I can’t forget” she gave a wink to Jiyoon.

”Euh…I…I’m not pretty…my highness..you look…beautiful…” Jiyoon denies and compliments the princess.

Gayoon was confused. ”Huh?” She touches her own face “Oh my, my mask fell off...” she tried to search around for the mask. Jiyoon looked around and saw the mask at the door, she went to get it and gave it back to Gayoon.

Gayoon notices her mask and took it back: “Thank you!”

Jiyoon shows shame in her voice. ” No, you don’t need to thank me, it’s my fault…”

Gayoon thinks that the poor girl must be nervous, because she’s new in the castle. ”Hm…if you want to apologize, then would you do me a favor?”

Jiyoon looked at her, feeling weird that she’s incapable to say no to her, so she nods.

”Could you please keep it a secret that you saw my face? It will be such a big favor!” Gayoon is very worried about it.

Jiyoon nods. ”Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me”

Gayoon gave her a bright smile that made Jiyoon feel weird. “Why…am I like this? This is not me…I have to do something…yes my mission..I have to kill her.”

As Jiyoon continue to stare at the princess, Gayoon started to wipe her dress, trying to take out the soup on her. Jiyoon just kept watching her, she had a feeling that Gayoon should be mad at her, but Gayoon seem perfectly fine. “Is it true that she has an angel heart?.. I can’t believe this… since young, I’ve been told that there’s no such person on earth, people are all greedy and selfish. Boss have always told us, do not believe in anyone, they are all fake, they are just hiding their true self, inside every human, there’s a savage beast within them, never believe in people, if you believe them, you will end up getting consumed by their desires”

 

As Gayoon finish wiping herself, they decided to go back to the kitchen, as they step back in, the maids are bow down to excused themselves for dirtying their highness which made Gayoon giggle.

“Aw come on…What do you think I am? You think I would get mad?” Gayoon gave them her smile making everyone tense down.

She approached them and starts to make their food. They separate the maids into group of 2-4 to do their task. Gayoon would nicely tell them what to do, and every time she asks them to do something she would be very polite and say thank you to the maid making everyone feel bless to serve under this princess even though they can’t see her face. At some point, one of their maid screw up by making the whole batch of food fell on the floor, making everyone frustrated because they would have to restart over from the beginning which will require several hours. Jiyoon was looking forward to see Gayoon getting mad or upset, she was standing there staring at how Gayoon would react, Jiyoon kept thinking, imagining what kind of evil beast, would Gayoon have within. Finally she sees Gayoon make her move, she moved quickly to the maid and she extend her hand very quickly, she looked like she was going to slap the maid!

“I knew it!!! She’s not a real angel, she’s just pretending!!”

The maid bow to her and kept apologize and screaming “Please don’t kill me, I am terribly sorry” she was getting ready to get punish. But no, Gayoon extended her hand to help the maid to get up.

Not only did she not scold at her, she helps her to get up and told her it was fine, we’ll just restart over. What surprised Jiyoon the most was that, Gayoon bow to everyone saying: ”I’m sorry, I’ll have to take more of your time to remake everything, please bear a bit longer” making everyone felt weird for the princess to act like this.

One of the maids, not too far away was saying: “I’m so sure she’s just pretending to be all nice and stuff!” somehow hearing this pisses Jiyoon off. She wanted to turn around and kill her but she remained calm. “What’s wrong with me..Why did that comment pissed me off…something’s not right here”

Everyone restarted their work. They worked together until the end, during the whole process Gayoon had asked Jiyoon to help her out directly. They match each other very well, whenever Gayoon wanted to add some more sugar, it look like Jiyoon understood right away without having her to say it out loud.  Jiyoon kept thinking, she kept thinking about how different it is to work under Gayoon than her boss. Working under her boss, she could never bring herself to smile, she would be acting all cold actually it’s more like she don’t dare to show any emotion, she remembers when she was small she tried to smile she would have gotten hit by whip. While working under Gayoon, even if she wanted to hide her inner smile, she would end up showing it out, and she feel so much more relax as if they known each other for years.

As Gayoon was cutting some bread up, her hand accidently slipped, she was screaming as Jiyoon turn her head to see what was happening, the knife was going to cut the princess, so Jiyoon with her quick reflect, she quickly grab the princess by her waist and caught the knife but accidently slice her hand so it was bleeding. During that few second, that felt like a year, she was holding her tight but before she could put the princess back straight, someone barged into the room with a sword and had almost slice Jiyoon arm away as she back up quickly.

“YAH! HOW DARE YOU HOLD THE PRINCESS LIKE THIS WITH A KNIFE! DON’T YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN THE HEO KINGDOM! HOW DARE YOU DO THIS WHEN THE HIGHNESS IS UNDER MY PROTECTION!” screamed a young lady. She looked fierce and strong.

Jiyoon quickly looked at her and at her arm that was slice by her sword. “, how dare she scratch me! No one had being able to slice me except my comrade! She’s so dead!!” Both were staring at each, the pressure like a volcano that’s going to explode.

“YAH! WHO ARE YOU, GIVE ME YOUR NAME! HOW DARE YOUR FILTHY HAND TOUCH OUR PRINCESS!” Said the guard.

Jiyoon just stared at her, identifying her enemy “Hm..she look strong, the way she holds her sword…her stare…who is she? Why is she so protective of the princess…Argh, what the hell am I thinking..geez! That woman!... I’ll get my revenge!”

Jiyoon bows down. ”I’m sorry your majesty, I thought you had trouble so without thinking I just rush to help you out, sorry if I have offended you in any way…”

Gayoon wanted to get her up but her guard protected her: “No! You should be put in prison and see how it goes! I would not tolerate any violence in front of the princess! People! Put her into the jail now!”

Guards:”Yes madam!”

“What the hell? Put me into the jail? Is this woman insane! No way, I won’t let this happen! I shall break my way out! I’ll just have to hold the princess hostage! Wait…no I can’t do that… it will ruin my mission… Damn it!!! Are you kidding me? I have to let them put me into the jail! This is a complete humiliation!!!!”

As the guard approached her and was ready to put her in jail, Gayoon step up and says: ”Did I ever say something as to put her into the jail?” which made everyone stopped while Jiyoon sigh in relieve and stare at the princess.

“Princess Heo, we can’t allow that to happen! She was holding a knife!!” Says one of the Guards.

Gayoon:”I was the one who accidently slip the knife, she came to protect me, so let it go.”

But the guard insists “But princess! If we let her go what will the other think of our kingdom security! Everyone will just walk around with a knife then! I can’t tolerate that, it’s too dangerous! Guard! Put her into the jail!”

Gayoon raise her voice, this time angrily ”Do I have to repeat my words twice?!” which made everyone scared to move, everyone was shocked that Gayoon had raised her voice in such a furious way.

Gayoon stare at her guard:”Come out with me! This is an order!” while looking at the others:”Everyone can go back to do your stuff, thank you for today” as she walk out of the door following by some guard

The woman guard kept glaring at Jiyoon, as she walk to Jiyoon she whisper in her ear:”I will keep my eyes on you, don’t you dare do any stupid move, you will regret it” threatening her.

“KIM HYUNA, COME OVER HERE!!!” as the princess raise her voice, once again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyuna is outttttt!~ ^-^

Thank you for subscribing and commentings! We really appreciate it!

Thank you "nationfairy" "nadia520" and "svistik577" for upvoting our story since the beginning :) <3