chapter 6

in love with my best friend

Chaerul close her eyes as cold air hit her cheek , and let out a deep sign. “here “ she open her eyes and was greeted by min hwan’s smile , who was holding her chocolate ice cream for her . “thanks “ she smile and took the ice cream , he then set beside her on the park bench and look at the han river while sipping his smoothie. Turns out that min hwan didn’t let chaerul go home with her red nose and her puffy eyes and he end up bringing her to one of the parks near the han river . “do you like him ?” min hwan ask while looking at the setting sun in the han river. That question startle chaerul “ w-who?” He Chuckle “you know exactly who I’m talking” Chaerul knew who he was talking about but she choose to just kept quiet and silently ate her chocolate ice cream That caught chaerul attention and she turn her head toward him with wide eyes.min hwan felt chaerul’s eyes on him but kept looking at the sun set , then said with a smile “you should have told me charul-ah..” “min hwan..” was all she could say at that moment. He took a deep sign and smile again “ but it’s a good thing I got to know it before I fell too deep for you , right?” min hwan ask chaerul showing his brightest smile , like a heavy burden was just lift off him. Chaerul smile at that “ right.”, even though she can see a hint of sadness in his eyes. Min hwan smile again but then replace it by a smirk and stand up from the bench, took a sigh and said “ and beside with looks like mine, I don’t think I’ll be too hard for me to fine a girlfriend “ and ended it with a wink. Now chaerul was in shock , she never knew that min hwan had a playful side as well. “yeah right “ chaerul roll her eyes while containing her laughter. They both were laughing , min hwan was still laughing but chaerul stop Then min hwan stop as well and ask “ what’s wrong?” with a concern expression “minan min hwan” chaerul said while looking at the ground, she couldn’t dare to look at him . Min hwan smile and bend himself and put his both palms on her shoulder and called chaerul’s name, she looked up at him with a guilty face. Min hwan smile at her a said “ I’m not mad at you chaerul-ah” “you’re not ??” “why would I? you did nothing wrong” min hwan said with a smile Chaerul smile at him too “so friends?” chaerul beam at him with a smile while putting her hand forward ,waiting for him to shak eher hand with her. Min hwan smile at her childlike behavior and finally shake hand with her and said “friends.” Rain started pouring down heavy around the evening and chaerul and min hwan were on their way home inside a cab . he drop chaerul near her house gate. Rain were still pouring heavily and she used her school bag to cover herself “chaerul-ah !! you sure you’ll be alright ? you said your homealone right?” min hwan ask her Chaerul smile “ its okay , its not my first time being homealone so don’t worry , bye and thanks. I’ll see you at school “ she answered and ran as fast as she could toward her home. “okay bye and take care , call me if anything happened “ min hwan yell so that she could hear him, chaerul wave at him in return. After that he order the driver to take him home as well. Chaerul open her gate hurriedly and got inside only to get a very huge surprised. “chae~” Chaerul eyes when wide , jae jin was soaked because of the rain and was looking very weak. “chae you’re back “ jae jin smile ,but suddenly felt lightheaded . he saw chaerul running toward him ,she looked like she was shouting but he didn’t hear anything but instead was greeted with black.