chapter 4

in love with my best friend

“hahaha !!! it’s so funny !!!” jaejin laugh his heart out watching a funny scene on the television.

“HUH ?” chaerul came out of her daze, apparently chaerul mind was occupied by a guy name min hwan .  

“isn’t it funny chae ??” jaejin  ask  chaerul  “ what??”

“the scene from the movie ?” jaejin told her

“oh .. yeah …it was funny  ..”  chaerul answered with a smile , but jaejin knew better .

Jaejin toke the remote from her and switch off the television and look straight at her

“ what is it ? spill it .”

“ it nothi—“ “chae “ jaejin cut her off while raising his eyes brows.

There is no escape there is it… sigh~~

“MIN  HWAN ASK ME OUT” ….  There was silent ….

“ hahahahaha  !!!!!”  jaejin laugh out .. like so loud and end up falling on the floor from the couch while clutching on his stomach .

Chaerul looked at him in disbelieve …… and was hurt. She expected him to at least  lisent to her whole story or ask  What kind of guy he was ? ? did she liked him ?? …… but instead all she got was ..

“haahaahaha !!! hu HU !! “

She was hurt , her best friend …. the guy  she loves …  maybe he would feel jealous , of course not in a romantic way since she knew he couldn’t feel like that for her …. But as a friend or at least shows that he  cared for her … but all she got was laugh at … like it was the funniest thing in the whole wide world.

“could you stop laughing “ chaerul  said looking straight.

Jaejin  wipe the tears from his eyes form from too much laughing and crawl back up to the couch

“ you mean the min hwan the same guy from your class who plays drums and can also sing“ jaejin ask again

“ yes “  chaerul answered  with a frown  but feeling a little happy since jaejin finally shows interest , better late  than never late right ?.

“ no way in hell, come on chae, stop  joking . I know he would never ask you out “ he said  smiling or more like mocking.

The little happiness she felt a moment ago just died.

“why ? why would he never ask me out ?” chaerul ask emotionless

“well I mean look at him and look at you “ jaejin started~

*look at me look at him??*

“ he is one of the most popular guys at our school behind me of course (smirk) and your just an average “

*just an average* chaerul felt as if someonr has crush her heart, tearing it apart   but she couldn’t scream out of pain.

“I mean it would make sense if he ask  seohyun or any other queenka but yo—“ before he could finished his sentences chaerul  stood up and took her bag

“ chae are you leaving already ?? it’s only 4 pm “ jaejin said

“ yes “

“ stay a little longer … or do you have a DATE with minhwan ??~~~” jaejin  try to

“you change jae “ jaejin eyes got wide , chaerul was crying . he could handle anything but chaerul’s tears..

“ your just not the jaejin I used to know … the jaejin I used to know never look down on other , he would lisent to me when I have problems ……. He would have never laugh at me …. And he would definitely never say I’m  just an average …. I was special  to him , I was his bestfriend “ chaerul  said as tears role down from her eyes.

Jaejin wanted to say something but his lips were seal .

“ I was…. “ with that she turn away  and close the door with a “bam !”

Jaejin was too shock to do anything .

“where is chaerul ??” jaejin’s sister chaewon came out of her room

That’s when jaejin came out his shock state and  ran after chaerul.

“chae!! Chae !! wai—“ jaejin couldn’t complete   his sentence  because chaerul was already on her  bike on her way home .

Jaejin  just watch her disappearing figure on the bike.

“ she didn’t accept your confession ??  “ chaewon  poke her head out of the door .

Jaejin  just growl in frustration  and bum on chaewon’s sholder  and walk pass her ,locking himself in his room .

“ yah ! is this the way your suppose to treat you noona ??” chaewon yell.

Jaejin just ignored her.

“aish. But what’s with them anyway  , he said he was going to confessed today  but I think they fought over something . did chaerul didn’t accept him  or does she already have a boyfriend ?? OMO !!!” chaewon put her hand over .