Chapter 1

Love Food Story

Thanks for the vote but why you do that? (O.o)

Maybe you just bias and you freely take it if I disappoint you, otay? (^_~*)

Please don't have high expectation on me.  Even though I wrote a lot here, I'm not professional author, so I just want to remind you that I'm only amateur. I'll do my best here so please keep supporting me, okay? (^_^)

And as usual, happy reading everyone!!! \\(^-^)//


"A shikshin? You told me to feed her and raise her?" Jessica keeps complain to hear Tiffany's request.

"Jessie, she is not a pet that you find in the street. She'll cook for herself and maybe you if you like her taste," Tiffany try to convince her friend.

"But my apartment isn't shelters, Tiff. I think you need to find that one." In the other hand, Jessica is still trying to get away from her request.

"So you won't help her to chase her dream?" Tiffany asks.

Jessica is stunning for a moment. That's not the point. She just not uses to live with someone else. She got used to living alone.

"I thought you are the typical of person who appreciates other dreams. If she should go back to her house, she will give up on her dream," Tiffany utters.

Jessica sighs deeply. Tiffany always know her weakness, she can't ignore when someone needs helps.

Even though her apperance is cold, Jessica actually has warm heart inside. How can she ignores someone who needs her help? Especially someone who try to chase her dream?

Jessica still remembers how hard she becomes herself right now. Although her name is now very familiar in the reader’s ear, but there are times when no one was interested in what she wrote. She ever posted many stories in newspaper but there are times when they are welcomed, but also times when they return it. Like other who finally reached their success, there are bittersweet memories Jessica have been through for being an author.

Being famous instantly is not going to take Jessica to her current position. One thing for sure, never gives up and work hard. Sacrifice, tears, sweat eventually will be paid off.

"Alright, alright. Only a month, okay?" Jessica bids.

Tiffany nods. "But you can add more if you want. She is really good at cooking. At least she will help you to fill your stomach."

"Let's see. When will she come here?"

"As soon as you say yes I'll call her, okay?" Tiffany grins.

"Ehh???!!!!"

In some point, Jessica feels being tricked by Tiffany, but she can’t do anything now. Except she has a reason to kick this shikshin from her place, she has no choice. Maybe Jessica can start with her cook. That’s her dream, right? She should be good to stay in Jessica’s place.

“Can you come here now?” Tiffany talks on the phone. “You already finished with your work, right?”

There is a silent for a moment. Jessica only staring at Tiffany who still busy with this mysterious shikshin.

“Ah… okay. I’ll wait in that place. Remember the apartment I showed you yesterday, right?” Tiffany asks.

She nods for several times before she bid farewell and hang up the phone.

“She will be here in dinner time. She wants to stay a bit longer for learn from her co-worker first. Such a hard worker, right?” Tiffany says. “And maybe later you can taste her cooking. I ever tried it once; I bet you will like it.”

Jessica only nods her head. She glances at her clock. It’s just 2 hours left until dinner.

“Okay, let’s discuss about your new book first. I’m sure the time will pass without we realize it,” Tiffany continues. “Do you have any plan or any idea for that?”

Jessica shakes her head. “As long as you didn’t demand me for love story, I have a lot. But if you want me to write love story, you know the rules.”

“I should wait until you have inspiration?”

Jessica nods. “Do you have any idea for me?”

“But that’s your job, right? Finding an idea? You are an author; you should know what you want to write, right?” Tiffany argues.

“But you always demand me with same theme, love. There are many themes, but why you always choose love on top of it?” Jessica complains again. “Can I just write horror story instead? It will be interesting.”

“No, no, no,” Tiffany disagrees. “Horror doesn’t sell. Love story is the best.”

They continue their discussion. And like what Tiffany said, time pass without them realize. Sound of the bell from the front door stops their conversation. Tiffany hurriedly goes to open the door.

“Come in. Come in. Make yourself at home.”

Jessica frowns to hear what Tiffany said. This is her place but why it feels like Tiffany owned her place?

“This is Jessica Jung, the author that I mentioned for you. She will be your master for awhile since you will cook for her so she will let you stay here.” Tiffany finally introduced Jessica to the tall women in front of her.

Jessica doesn’t give much reaction from what Tiffany said. She even doesn’t curious what Tiffany said about her to this stranger. Even maybe Tiffany badmouth her, Jessica choose not to care about it.

“And this is Choi Sooyoung. Like I said earlier, she loves food more than anything in this world, that’s why she wants to be chef,” Tiffany continues.

Both of them only nod their heads like nothing big deal happened in there. Somehow Tiffany feels a bit disappoint with this calm aura for their first meet.

“To prove your skill, can you cook something for us? Even though maybe it will be hard to find what you need, but can you try to make something from what you find in there?” Tiffany requests.

Sooyoung looks at Jessica. “Is it okay?”

“Why I should mind? You should pass that test to stay here,” Jessica replies nonchalantly.

“For a chef, kitchen is their sacral place, a precious place for them. We need to ask permission before using it. That’s why I ask you,” Sooyoung replies.

Jessica nods. “Freely use it. I don't mind at all.”

Sooyoung nods. "Please give me times. Sorry for the wait."

Jessica and Tiffany only nod when they could see Sooyoung walks straight to the kitchen. Both of them continue their discussion when Sooyoung start being busy in the kitchen.

“What kind love story you want for my next novel?” Jessica asks.

“What do you mean?” Tiffany frowns.

“You know… Do you want it to be , childhood friend or co-worker thingy?” Jessica gives some option.

“How about stranger? Two strangers live at the same place, sharing a roof and in love?” Tiffany looks at Sooyoung.

“In your dream,” Jessica says coldly. “We need to be careful with stranger. Even your friend can back stab you; stranger will be more danger than that.”

“She won’t kill you,” Tiffany shakes her head.

“If she did, I will haunt you, don’t worry.”

“I hate ghost,” Tiffany’s face turn pale.

“I also don’t want to be death soon.”

“This joke isn’t funny,” Tiffany pouts.

“Who said we’re joking?” Jessica gives irritation look. “I thought we want to discuss about my next novel.”

“Ah~! Now you interesting with love?” Tiffany looks excited.

“My stomach needs money to keep it full.”

“Your stomach needs food and your heart needs love,” Tiffany looks at Sooyoung. “Maybe she can fulfill both of them.”

“If you tried to be cupid, forget that. I won’t let her stay here,” Jessica breaks her promise.

“I’m just kidding~” Tiffany pats Jessica’s shoulder. “Let’s just discuss about next project. Shall we?”

“Since earlier you’re the one who keep change our subjects.”

“Ara, ara. Mianhe. Let’s just continue, okay?”

Tiffany seem doesn’t bother with what Jessica said. Their conversation finally continues until Sooyoung interrupt them.

“Dinner is ready. Want me to bring here?”

Jessica and Tiffany shake their heads. They decided to follow Sooyoung to dining room. Both of them seem amaze with what they see in dining table.

(source : http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/posh-japanese-inspired-beef-carpaccio)

“Japanese style?” Tiffany asks.

Sooyoung nods. “I found this on internet since I have interest on Japanese style, I try this. It called ‘Posh Japanese-Inspired Beef Carpaccio Seared with Asian spices’.”

“Why the name is too long?” Jessica asks.

“The creator of this menu wanted to impress his friend who obsessed with Japanese food and Asian flavor, but I think he mostly cook in Italian style,” Sooyoung explains. “Because Carpaccio is the international name of a typical Italian dish made with raw meat.”

“But this isn’t raw, right?” Tiffany looks closer into the plate.

“That’s why in the last place it called, ‘Seared with Asian Spices’,” Sooyoung continues. “It’s give a color for the meat.”

Jessica and Tiffany only nod their head.

“Dozo, it is how Japanese people said for ‘please’,” Sooyoung smiles, feel satisfied with her own food. “I’ll prepare dessert.”

“You won’t eat with us?” Tiffany asks.

Sooyoung shakes her head. “Earlier I ate my dinner while learning. That’s why I love this job.”

Once again a big smile appears on Sooyoung’s face. And food is the only reason for that.

“How is that? Delicious, right?” Tiffany waits impatiently.

Jessica glances at Sooyoung and Tiffany before she put the meat inside of . She is chewing it with frown in her face. In the end, she gives a thumb up for that.

Tiffany hurriedly tastes the food. Her eyes widened when she felt how delicious the meat inside .

“Soo, how to say ‘delicious’ in Japan?” Tiffany turns around to face Sooyoung.

“Oishi?” Sooyoung asks confusingly.

“OISHI!!!” In high spirit Tiffany says it makes Sooyoung giggles.

Meanwhile Jessica looks surprised at Tiffany’s behavior. It seems like the eye-smile girl does something strange or weird. But if she must say it honestly, the food isn’t taste bad. In fact, it’s really delicious. Maybe… just maybe this isn’t wrong decision at all to keep soon-to-be-chef in her apartment.


Honestly... I can't cook. AHAHAHA. That's why Sooyoung will steal many recipe from internet :P

Maybe Master Chef? Anyone watch that? Ahaha, TV experience becomes story in my hand, right? XD

I think I should stop laugh now, that's why...

See you next time everyone~ (^_~*)