The Deal: My Love

YongShin One-Shot Collection

Cool-Pictures-Canyon-Nature-HD-Wallpaper
 

Shinhye lied stiffly on the hard wooden floors. What was this she got caught up in? She needed the money, but this was going too far. She was afraid he would end up doing something really bad to her. Something erted like in the movies.
As Yonghwa slid the door open, Shinhye shivered, tightened her fists, and closed her eyes shut.
"(yawns) I'm tired," he sighed. He lied next to her and reached to touch her hair.
"Get out," she demanded bravely.
"Yah. I'm the one in charge here." He wiggled close to her and rested his hand on her shoulder. His breathe blew on her back as he sighed.
"I can do all kinds of things to you, you know? But I'm a pretty good guy, not like those gang leaders who have no style. Heck, I can't even compare to them." He climbed above her and stared intently into her eyes.
"I want to here you say it Shinhye. Say I'm a decent guy," he ordered as he began kissing her neck. He slipped her strap off her shoulder and began to go further.
"Please don't!" She turned away and covered her face. He sat up next to her, staring at her helpless state. So vulnerable.
Yonghwa picked up his coat and walked to the door, "Go to sleep then."

Shinhye rolled over in the tiny room and stretched. She hit something cold and soft.
"I thought you went to sleep outside," she said surprised.
Yonghwa cleared his throat, "Yeah, but it was too cold." Shinhye looked messy with her wavy hair and loose top. He stared at her cleavage showing.
"Bug off," she said, pushing his face away.

Later in the day, they traveled back to Yonghwa's shark loan nest. Shinhye put her stuff down in a small moldy room next to his office. She opened the dusty windows to let some fresh air in.
"How is it?" Yonghwa asked leaning against the door way.
"Moldy. It stinks." Shinhye shut the windows and pulled a string to let down the plastic curtain.
"Good, you'll get used to it." He turned to leave the room.
"Hey Yonghwa."
"Hm?"
"You're... An OK guy."
Yonghwa smirked and walked away. He won first place this time.
"Woo hoo!!" He shouted as he entered his office.
"What's wrong with you??" His gang asked. He smiled, "Nothing."

Shinhye POV... One week later...

I finally have gotten used to the moldy scent in the room and the boring days of doing NOTHING. At least Mom is doing better. I heard she's in good enough condition to go through with the surgery.
"Hey, Yonghwa. I'm going to go visit my mom at the hospital. I just wanted to let you know." He grabbed my arm.
"No, I'm in charge and I say you can't."
"What?! Oh come on, I need to go see her."
"No. You might run away, just stay here. I'll have to take back my money before the hospital uses it, if you disobey." I glared at him and stomped past him back to the moldy room.
"Ah, and I take back what I said about you the other week. You're no where near being okay." I shut the door and sunk to my knees. What a prick.

Yonghwa POV-
Geez what's she all pissed off for. It's not like her mom is going to die or anything. I payed that fee for her so she's going to be fine! What a little !

Finally, I swung the door open and found her crying in the corner of the room. I grabbed and pushed her onto the chair as her legs wobbled.
"I helped your mother out and you don't even want to stay here!"
"Why would I?! What idiot would want to stay with a jerk like you!" 
I swallowed my pride. I bent down to her level on the chair and held the back of her neck gently.
"Look alright, I just don't want you running off and not ever coming back to this dump. The other guys like you. You always help out with feeding us and doing chores and stuff. And I don't want to go back to how bad this place used to be before we made the deal. Me and the others would go days without eating and would only drink alcohol and get into fights with street punks. Since you came, it's peaceful. I guess... We kind of have something to protect," I admitted shyly. I cleared my throat, "Now stop crying. Lets go see your mom." She picked up her bag and we continued out of the building.
She paused, "Why are you coming with me?"
"Either I go with you or you don't go at all."
"...Then at least wear something normal. You look like a gangster." She messed up my gelled back hair and took off my leather jacket. I looked away as she got close to me while ping my jacket. Damn, I just want to...
"What," she questioned.
"Nothing, just wondering when we're going to go." We headed out in what she called normal clothes. I wore a gray T-shirt and black jeans. My poor hair...
At last, we arrived at the hospital. I followed Shinhye around the rooms awkwardly as many old folk stared at me like I was an alien. Shinhye took a sudden stop in the entrance of room 207.
"...Eomma!" She ran further and hugged an old woman with gray hair tied in a bun.
"Oh my baby... I'm sorry I am always so sick..." So this is the lady?
"Don't worry mom, you'll be fine after the surgery." Shinhye patted her mom gently on the back and helped her sit back down on the bed.
"Omo, how did you pay for it? Dad took my savings Shinhye." Her mother sure looks worried...
"Hehe, don't be concerned with that Mom. Anyways, I just came to say I love you."
"Oh my, I love you more Shinhye. When I get out of here, we can go on trips together to America if you like, and..."
"Actually mom, I also wanted to tell you... I might not be able to see you much from now on. I... Have a job and I'm getting really well paid. But they make me work all night long so I don't have time to get much sleep if I have to come back to the house. I kind of have a place I'm staying at."
"What kind of place are you working at dear?"
"A hospice. The owners are really nice, they're letting me stay in the attic for free." Pshh what a liar.
"Oh, who's that waiting for you over there?" She gestured to me. I half smiled and waved.
"My boyfriend. He's really nice mom. He works with me at the hospice." I bowed respectively to her.
"Ah I see. Tell him to come closer so I can talk to him," she said happily. Uh oh... Shinhye gestured for me to come over and mouthed, 'act nice'.
"Hi Mrs. Park," I greeted.
"Hello dear boy. What's your name?"
"Jung Yonghwa. I hope you get better fast Mrs. Park."
"Thank you very much. Please take care of my daughter Yonghwa," she instructed.
"Ne," I obeyed. I walked back out so they could finish their last talk face to face. Shinhye looks so happy, so does her mom. If only mine could have smiled like that.

"So, what was with all of the white lies?"
"I had to make up something positive. I wanted her to remember something positive when she goes through the surgery."
"... Hmph, I'm your boyfriend, huh?" I asked sarcastically.
"Not a chance Yonghwa." She walked ahead. Well, fine then.

I sent the others to the rooms next to my office to go relax.
"Here," I poured her a glass of wine. She took it from me and gulped it down.
"You could have drank it slower."
"More," she handed me the cup. I poured her another full glass...
"Don't-" I stopped her from gulping it down.
"That," I pointed to the wine,"Is expensive wine." She put it back down on the table. I looked away as she began to tear and sniffle.
"What if she doesn't get better? What if she doesn't even make it through the surgery?" She put her head down on the table and cried softly.
"Yah, she'll be alright." I reached to pat her on the back.
"How would you know anything?! You don't care for anyone or anything!" She screamed at me. I took my hand away from her.
"Your right. I don't know anything. But it's kind of hard to always see you so weak. Saying that she'll be okay is all I can do now." I looked to her in her short strapless dress that the guys wanted her to wear. "Take that thing off. Go put on something you want to wear," I suggested. She didn't budge from the table. I walked to her room and dug through her clothes. ... Here's a better shirt and pants.
"Wear this. You'll get cold when I take you out." She sulked and changed into the warm clothes without a word. "Let's go," I held her hand as we walked to a food stand down the street. Steam rose from pans of ddukbokki and fish cake.
"Why here," she asked.
"I used to come here with my mom." Yup, this old wagon was here quite a while back.
"You... Had a mother?"
"What do you think?"
"Well it just didn't seem like you were raised by a woman." I stabbed several white rice cakes and swished them in the spicy sauce. Mom used to force me to eat this stuff, and now I like it... I smiled.
"I wasn't really raised by a woman. When I was 5, my dad caught my mom cheating on him, so they divorced. My dad left me with my grand parents when he went to serve a second round in the army. He never came back."
"So what happened to your grandparents then? Are they still alive?"
"No, they died about a year after I started living with them. They were probably the best people I ever knew. They were kind hearted but strict and fair. So after everyone had left my side, I got involved with this guy who told me he would give me the power of the gods if I took care of his business for the rest of my life. Being the kid I was, I believed he would give me the power of resurrection so I could bring my grandparents back to life. I became a loaner and ever since he died, I've led the business."
"It must be disgusting," she said.
"What?"
"That you were cheated 4 times by your dad, mom, the passing of your grandparents, and by that man you were talking about."
"Hm. I guess it would seem so," I agreed.
"I could be your mother." I turned to her confused.
"What do you mean?"
"I clean, cook, and I'll take care of you."
"You kind of already are doing all that."
"No, I mean I'll love you while I be your slave. It looks like we've both been through a lot of hard times."

Shinhye POV-
I smiled. I feel bad for him. He was cheated so many times, even into having to take care of the gang and business that his boss left him. I'll care for him as long as he holds his place.
"That'd be something," he scoffed. "Shinhye, why do you treat me well?"
"I might as well if I'm going to be here with you for a while." Honestly, I didn't really know why I was sometimes nice to him. I owe him a life for life though, because he helped pay for my moms surgery. "I guess I'm just trying to be a fair deal, not a cheat."

We got back to the building after walking around out in the cold.
"Don't you ever watch tv," I asked him. He has a tv but its never on.
"What good is there on tv?"
"Lots of shows like korean dramas and variety shows are on. Lets watch," I suggested. He rolled his eyes and turned the tv on.
"This one is called 'You're Beautiful'. I used to watch this a lot with my mom in the hospital." We laid back on the couch, both with our attention on the screen and arms crossed on our ribs. Actor Jang Geun Suk played Taekyung, a feminine looking, cold guy.
"Wah, he's feminine but sort of hot..." I mumbled.
"Sure he is," Yonghwa responded sarcastically. After the show ended, he turned off the tv.
"That ."
"I'm going to sleep," I told him.

I crawled out of bed to get some water in the bathroom upstairs. There was a distant sound of people talking back in Yonghwa's office.
"You're still up?" He panicked and quickly turned the tv off.
"No I'm going to sleep now," he made up.
"So you did like those korean dramas!"
"... There's one about running a hotel that started off with something about a gang." I sat on the couch and turned the tv back on.
"Well then maybe you can start running a hotel too then," I suggested.
"I can't. My boss left me this place because he trusted me. He saved my life, so this is the least I should do for him."
"Wow, you sound really respectful." It was nice to know he would stay in this business just for his boss.
"There's someone else that I need to take care of too though. I don't want to let them leave yet," he said looking away.
"It's you."

 

Thanks for reading and for supporting! Its not over yet!! :D