I'm Saying

YongShin One-Shot Collection

That idiot... The one others call 'hot', I call 'fool'.  He get's Fs for all of his subjects, and yet he brags about being smart. Ugh...

"Hey Shinhye, what's up?" He said as he patted me on the back. I sighed,

"What do you want Yonghwa, the fool??"

"Aw don't act like that, let's hang out... fool." He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the courts down the street. He passed me the basket ball and pointed to the net.

"Try getting it in." I smirked, This is a piece of cake. I squatted a bit and pushed the ball up into the air, down through the net. I rose an eye brow at Yonghwa who's jaw was hanging open.

"Woah your good!" He said with awe. The clang of heels sounded across the courts, and we turned our heads to see who it was.

"Oh, look at this Seohyun. Your boyfriend is playing basketball with a girl... Or wait, is that a  guy?" I rolled my eyes and looked away. Yonghwa quickly ran over to the group of girls.

"No she's just my friend. Don't get the wrong idea girls." Of course, he has all of his girl friends around.

"Seohyun, say something!" One of the girls shouted.

"It's alright, I believe Yonghwa never meant anything bad," Seohyun said honestly. A girl with bright orange hair pointed to me and tilted her chin.

"What about her? Aren't you mad that she was with Yongieee?" Seohyun shook her head,

"You guys can go home, you don't have to stick around." They said their farewells and left. Now it was only the three of us in these peaceful courts.

"Um... Shinhye? I'm sorry about them, I really am. They just wanted to stand up for me, that's all," Seohyun explained.

"It's ok, they're always like that. So where are you guys going now?" I'll try to be friendly. She seems like a nice person who seriously hangs out with the wrong people.

"The cafe. Come with us? Please? And while we're there, I'll buy you something to make up for my friends' bad attitudes."

I refused, "No, no you to go out on a date by yourselves." I winked, "I know that's what you really want Seohyun." She giggled and covered her face.

"Ok then. Well, see you tomorrow at school Shinhye!" They left, leaving me alone to think under the hot sun. She's so nice. So unlike her friends. Yonghwa, he really likes her doesn't he... I guess, I really am nothing but a friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

Yonghwa POV-

"Yonghwa, who the hell was that? What? Do you want to break up or something?" Seohyun's tone changed and she looked me in the eye. I was actually considering it. I didn't want to be popular around girls anymore. And Seohyun isn't that good of a girlfriend. She was sort of mean and too clingie.

"...Ok then. Let's break up," I said emotionlessly.

"Oppa, I was just kidding!"

"Well I'm not. We're done okay?" I faced her straight and rested my hands on her shoulders.

"I don't like two faced people that trick my friends." It was done between us.

 

The next day-

"So is everything ok with your girlfriend?" Shinhye asked concerned. I smiled and shook my head.

"No. We broke up... Because of you, the fool."

"What? Really, me? I'm sorry Yonghwa," she apologized. I laughed, Yeah, we broke up because of you... Because your a greater person than Seohyun, I traded her out for you. But you don't understand that so... You wouldn't know what I'm saying.

"Wait, why are smiling and laughing?? Stop, before one of her friends see you cracking up after a breakup." She covered my mouth and shoved me into the  classroom.

"I'm laughing because you don't even know what I'm saying. I'm saying that I broke up with Seohyun, so that I could ask you... Will you go out with me?"

"Yonghwa... How can you be so selfish? No. I won't go out with you. You break up with her just to ask me out? You're not so great that you can get ANY girl you want... But it doesn't mean I don't... like you. It's just not right to date right after you break up with someone. You're being even more than a fool." She avoided eye contact with me and blushed. I... I am being selfish. And I'm being a stuck up guy who only fools around with girls. But Shinhye? She's different. She's been my best friend for as long as I can remember. I wouldn't be the same without her. This time, I know it. I love her, more than anyone else in the world.

 

"I'm sorry about the way I talked to you the other day, Seohyun. Please forget about me, and find a good boyfriend." She smiled and walked away. There, I sealed things up with Seohyun... Now to ask Shinhye again.

 

"Shinhye, let's go to the theater." I dragged her along and paid for two tickets. After we sat down, I turned to Shinhye who had been sleeping.

"Hey, get up Shin." She squinted her eyes open and turned to me.

"Sorry. I fell asleep. What happened so far in the movie?"

"Well the main guy tells her he likes her. And that she is the most wonderful girl in the world. He even admits that he's a jerk, and that he has changed. He is hoping she will agree to be in a healthy relationship with this fool."

"Fool?"

"Yes. In fact they are both fools." She laughed and nodded,

"Well then I think she says yes to having a healthy relationship with... the fool." We laughed, and I hugged her tight.

"Thanks for everything Shinhye." I petted her hair and leaned close to her. Her lips were scrunched up together nervously. I softly kissed them and she kissed me back shyly. She's so cute! I rubbed her cheeks and kissed her on the forehead. She kissed my neck and whispered,

"I love you fool."

"I love you too... Fool."