「 8 」

Agerasia

 

 

"Hope I wasn't interrupting anything." Hoya spoke, noticing of the red tint that was still fading from the younger boy's cheeks. "No. Nothing at all." He simply replied, Hoya nodded slowly in responce trying to find his words. "I'm surprised you came out so willingly." Sungjong didn't reply to it and only kept walking beside him, "How are you Jongie?" Sungjong seemed to quietly grimace at the use of the nickname, "I'm sure you already know, its why you keep going after Myungsoo, isn't that right?" he questioned with attitude and Hoya sighed. "Sungjong--" "What do you want to tell me Howon?" he asked impatiently, cutting him off and Hoya sighed. "Myungsoo . . he talked sense into me." Hoya spoke slowly, "I'm sorry about everything, Sungjong." and Sungjong seemed to roll his eyes, "Wonderful, now we can start being a happy family once again." he muttered with sarcasm seething through his speech. Hoya only pursed his lips, pausing his words for a moment. 
 
"Sorry for Turning you and not being a good brother and also for not telling you about . . . what really happened." This seemed to get Sungjong attention, him now turning his head slightly in his direction and Hoya noticed it, stopping them from walking on. "Myungsoo told me what you think happened, and . . that didn't happen, it wasn't anything like that." "Then what really happened." Sungjong spoke firmly, his gaze was strong now, but Hoya could see his small frame was shaking. He almot hesitated once more but he knew Sungjong needed to know. "You didn't do anything, It was the Tzimisce who caught your scent because i was watching over you guys. When you went to your friend's house they got mom and dad. So--I came to get you, paniced and did what i could. I didn't think you could handle it. . So i--" He stopped when he heard Sungjong crying now and looking at the floor with his fists balled up. 
 
"So you just let me sit here for months and think that I did it?!" He yelled now, going over to him and hitting him and Hoya sighed deeply, "Sungjong--" he tried to reason but Sungjong simply hit him again. "No! Nothing you say can make it better! What you did!" Sungjong shouted and Hoya was slightly thankful for this area being empty at the moment yet also horrid because he hated seeing Sungjong cry, not to mention that it was his fault, he hoped this would be the last time. 
 
"Did you not trust me? You think I'm just a little kid who cant take reality?! That I couldn't handle the truth!? So you forced me to do something I dont want--Lied to me?!" Hoya sighed deeply, pained as he hesitated to speak for a moment. "I was just trying to protect you, I really didn't mean to--" "Wow, such a great job you did with that." Sungjong spoke with sarcasm, laughing as he turned to the side, breathing deeply as he wiped the tears away angrily. Hoya only watched him unsure of what to do, Sure Sungjong was small--but if he really meant to hit you, it hurt and despite how fragile he looked, he definately was not.
 
"Is that all you have to tell me?" Sungjong finally asked, And Hoya hesitated before nodding, "Thats all." he slowly spoke and Sungjong sniffled, in his bottom lip as nodding. "If thats all I guess thats all we have to say to each other, You can go then." "Sungjong I--" "Leave." Hoya decided that maybe that was for the best right now, He felt like he should say something, anything but he did as he was told--he left.Left because what could he really say? It'd been a few months since he'd done what he did and Sungjong was still mad, it was still the wrong time to ask if he could forgive him obviously, he had to just wait it out, plain and simple.
 
Sungjong seemed to walk for a while and he just ended up in the woods. Ussually he would just sleep to clear his head, but he really didn't want to go back to his room after crying, and having to explain things to Myungsoo. Maybe a walk was better and he tried to think of anything else but there was still a dull pain that he couldn't exactly ignore. As he walked, The pitch black darkness, vast area of the woods only lit by the moonlight normally would have frightened him--but now . . what did he really have to be afraid of? 
 
A flash of bright light nearly blinded him as he walked on and the sound of a car engine revved before coming to a stop, Sungjong quickly took this moment to hide--climbing a tree and laying on one of the branches to peer down as a bunch of teens seemed to jump out of the car, laughing and stumbling together--Obviously drunk. Sungjong sighed deeply. "Why do all the idiots come in here searching for trouble?" he murmured as they pulled out a video camera and started to 'hilariously' speak about seeing ghosts in these woods. Maybe this could work to his advantage. Letting them trail their way in and they were laughing and joking as he jumped down from the tree. 
 
The sound seemed to startle them as he made sure to step on a few branches for effect, grinning to himself as he did so. He heard a few  'whats that?' 'its getting louder.' 'Lets go back's and wondered if he'd done his job enough but of course there was always the one kid who always wanted to force everyone in further. Sungjong sighed and realized that wouldnt be enough and made sure to make his way around before they got to the halfway mark and stood in their path so that when their flashlight shone over them they screamed and ran off now, dropping all their things. 
 
Sungjong grinned to himself proudly and brushed off his clothes. "I should have been a ghost." he hummed thoughtfully before turning around and stumbling into someone and tumbling back, falling to the floor, right into fresh mud from the rain the previous day. Sungjong groaned and the feeling. "Gross . . " he whined, "You." Sungjong looked up at the voice that'd knocked him down curiously, "You always scare the food away." he growled and Sungjong nervously inched backwards and the other simply grabbed him by his shirt and lifted him up to get a better look in which Sungjong seemed to flinch but tried not to seem too helpless keeping his gaze strong, an attempt to intimidate the other to leave him be.
 
 "How interesting." he murmured, smelling him and Sungjong seemed to be taken aback by someone actually smelling him. "Can you let me down, now? Are you done smelling me?" he asked with sarcasm with caused the other to laugh. "Never thought a turn of events could work out like this." He spoke and Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows as the other let him go. "O. .. kay...well, Sorry about your. . .  food." Sungjong spoke with sarcasm as he quickly made his way past and tried to ignore the set of eyes that were on him. He wondered what it was about but, he learned not to bother too much with the Tzimisce clan; not question and simply keep moving. They were odd and sometimes made as little sense as malkavians did. Actually--Malkavians made more sense to him.
 
Heading back, he made sure to lock the door behind him before thinking quietly. "What happened to you?" Myungsoo questioned, seeing how Sungjong's clothes had been dirtied and he had a smudge of dirt on his cheek. "I went to the woods." He simply spoke, really not so sure what had just happened either as he pulled his shirt off and looked to see the damage, Sighing at the mud. "Jeez, I liked this shirt." he grumbled and placed his shirt and pants elsewhere to be cleaned later, in an attempt to salvage them despite how dirty they were; Although, not too many of kindred cared much about their clothing nor appearance. "Some people tried to come in so i hadda scare them away." He spoke before heading into the bathroom to run the shower water and let it grow warm before stepping into it. 
 
Myungsoo made his way over to lean against the door frame waiting patiently as Sungjong removed the rest before stepping into the shower finally and closing the shower curtain. Myungsoo stepped in to sit on the closed toilet seat, They'd had a few talks like this so i wasn't awkward in the least bit or so he thought. "And with Hoya?" Myungsoo questioned and Sungjong was quiet for a moment--he could hear him shuffling beneath the sound of pouring water. "Don't you already know what he told me?" Sungjong finally replied and Myungsoo wondered if Hoya had told him. "I kinda placed two and two together." he simply continued at myungsoo's silence. 
 
Sungjong seemed just fine--but that was probably on account that he'd been gone for hours while their talk probably was a short one. "How do you feel Sungjong?" He questioned and Sungjong didnt respond for a while which led him to believe not so well. "Fine, I feel gross thought, Landed in mud." He spoke with a soft laugh, and as the silence rolled over it seemed the reality of things did too. "Can you leave me alone for a bit? I'm almost done anyway." Myungsoo made sure to loudly get up, opening and closing the door but not leaving the heated area; The mirrors all fogged over. In the time he'd known Sungjong, he knew that when he wanted to be alone was normally when he needed someone the most--he was just too prideful to ask for help and as the sound of soft sniffles were heard, it simply backed his intuition. "Sungjong." He called after a moment of letting him cry it out. At the voice Sungjong gasped quietly, taking a moment. "I thought I said I wanted to be alone Myungsoo--Aish!" he grumbled as clearly as he could but he could still hear the waiver in his voice.
 
Taking a chance he stepped in and despite the warm water hugged him, making an obvious effort to look away because he knew Sungjong would call him a ert elsewise. "Myungsoo are you crazy?" He grumbled, turning his head to look at him back at him. "You're gonna get a cold like that!" He nagged but his voice was soft and it cracked.  "Vampire's can't catch colds." Myungsoo murmured at Sungjong's attempt to shoo him off. Sungjong made a point to tug and Myungsoo's damp clothes. "Okay, Just--I'll be out in a minute . . ." he slowly spoke and Myungsoo only hugged him tighter. "I wont, because you'll lock me out and stay in here." Sungjong seemed to look someplace awkwardly, was he that easy to read? "And you need me right now, You're just too prideful to admit that." He murmured turning Sungjong back to him and hugging him tightly.
 
Any of Sungjong's will seemed to crumble then as he sighed deeply and let himself hug him back, quietly crying now as Myungsoo patted his back. "It's alright." he murmured softly and these words only made Sungjong hug him tighter, squeezing his eyes shut tight. Holding him together there like he would fall apart, saying no words unless he needed him too--but in this sittuation, what words could he really tell him? 
 
Sungjong calmed down after a while and sighed quietly. "The water's cold." he murmured and Myungsoo chuckled before letting his hands free with them both in the air before covering his eyes and turning elsewhere. He could hear Sungjong's amused chuckle as he stepped out and got a towel. Myungsoo turned the water off and followed soon after, giving Sungjong a moment to change before going out to change as well, Sitting across from Sungjong on the bed who was drying his hair. Upon seeing him, Sungjong grinned and placed the towel over Myungsoo's head and dried his hair. "You're really a ert, you know that?" Sungjong playfully teased in a soft voice and Myungsoo only lifted the edge of the towel to peek through. "Yah--I didn't look, I swear." He spoke seriously and Sungjong rolled his eyes and chuckled quietly, getting up to toss the towel before coming back to lie down under the covers.
 
Sure it was true that on normal occasions he would go inside in hopes of catching a glimpse of him--but this time he was seriously worried for him. Propping his arm up to rest his head on a look down to Sungjong who'd closed his eyes. "Do you feel better now?"  Sungjong opened his eyes just a bit, a tired look in his eyes as he nodded slowly. "Thank you." He murmured before closing his eyes again with a sigh. "Is it dumb for me to be upset?" He asked curiously in a soft, quiet voice. "Upset about what?" "Everything." he murmured before opening his eyes once more, eyebrows knitting close together. "No, I dont think so." Myungsoo spoke honestly and Sungjong inhailed deeply, running a hand through his slightly wet hair. "You would think that me learning that it wasn't me would make the pain go away . . . but it really doesnt. . . not at all." he spoke quietly, voice cracking slightly as his voice seemed to fade off into a whisper.  
 
"You know, I was going to stay home, but I ended up going to my friends house at the last moment.."Sungjong brought his hand to rub and squeeze at his temples. "I Wish I stayed." he muttered and Myungsoo frowned, at a loss for words. "I'm sure there was a reason why things happened how they did." Myungsoo finally spoke, brushing his thumb over his cheek softly and Sungjong laughed quietly. "I wonder what that reason could be." He asked with sarcasm before taking a moment to take in a deep breathe, think about that question. "Or maybe its obvious." he murmured finally, causing Myungsoo to hum in curiousity; Sungjong's gaze refocusing on him. "Maybe It was to save you." Sungjong grinned a bit to himself, he breathed in deeply and looked back to the ceiling now.  "I guess its worth it if I think of it that way." he murmured before Myungsoo grinned in response. 
 
"But you're still. . .afraid of me, Right?" Sungjong sighed just for a second, closing his eyes for a moment. "Myungsoo, Can't we just--" "No, because you'll never answer it--Why? What do you need me to do for you to understand?" he questioned quietly without any Waiver in his voice, searching Sungjong's sad eyes as he in turn looked back up to his confused ones that seemed to be searching for an answer and Sungjong was the first to break the eyecontact rolling on his side opposite. Myungsoo sighed deeply and slid his hand into Sungjong's to stop him from doing so, climbing over to pin him down in place and leaning down to catch Sungjong's lips with his; A muffled whimper escaping at the connection but Sungjong didn't fight back against it, he responded to it.  Despite everything, the kiss was slow and longing and when Myungsoo pulled away, Sungjong seemed reluctant to do so.
 
Myungsoo took this moment to look him over as they caught their breathe. "You can't tell me that wasn't real, Sungjong." Myungsoo spoke now, low, persitant and Sungjong Sighed, grimacing in realization that he should have just pushed him away and pretended he didn't enjoy that. Yet, he couldn't deny that he'd thought of things like this happening--imagined, dreamed, maybe even hoped, but there was something tugging at him. Myungsoo sighed along as soon as he saw his expression. "I-- . . . Forever. . its a long time Myungsoo, and I. . ." Sungjong seemed to lose his words, unable to say them; he sighed now looking elsewhere. "You what, Sungjong?" Myungsoo pressed and Sungjong nibbled on his bottom lip nervously, "Yes, I love you but--What if things get messed up between us? I don't want to lose you over something like this. . . Things to be awkward if things end badly. . .--We should just be friends, I--" Myungsoo quieted him once more, lips melding with his in another kiss before Myungsoo pulled away just centimeters, The reflection of himself dwelling in the hazed hazel hues. 
 
"If Forever is a long time, what makes you think that if something bad happens, we cant fix it together?" Sungjong pursed his lips, He looked like he really wanted to but there was still that evident hesitance. Myungsoo closed the space betweewn them again; tenderly kissing him, slow and affectionate. It took a while, but Sungjong hesitantly pushed him away, pressing a hand to his chest now and it was obvious that Sungjong had to use all of his willpower to do so as he took a deep breathe and bit the corner of his bottom lip just momentarily to clear his mind from the want and emotion that was clouding over his general judgement. "Myungsoo . . No." he spoke firmly and Myungsoo looked to him and he looked hurt as  he sighed now, giving up for now and letting him free before turning the opposite way in his frustration. He didn't understand why Sungjong couldnt just try with him; there was no leeway at all, simply just no
 
Sungjong just sighed quietly, he knew Myungsoo was upset but he'd get over it. Maybe it was obvious that Myungsoo felt something but was that because they were always near each other? Because they were forced together by nature? Or because he really felt something? Myungsoo probably felt a feeling, well definately, there was something--Sungjong couldn't deny that from the way he persisted-- the way he kissed him, touched him, looked at him . . but Sungjong knew that feeling for him that Myungsoo had wasn't nearly as strong as his was for him, and Sungjong was too afraid to let him in upon this knowledge because it would just be him who was hurt in the end when Myungsoo grew bored of him. 
 
The next couple weeks of Myungsoo training his disciplines, Sungjong joined along and neither mentioned the conversation before, letting it slip and things went back to normal, somewhat, at least. Myungsoo made a point to go out a lot and Sungjong hoped it wasn't just him wandering listlessly and that it was him making friends other than him.  
 
Somehow, during the time--Hoya's and Sungjong's tension between each other seemed to lessen but not quite enough but at least it was progress. The talk with Myungsoo had actually made him open up his eyes to that situation; forever was a long time and hating someone as important as Hoya (despite what he's done) was useless. He couldn't change what he did because that was in the past now and all that they could do was move forward--even if they were moving at a slow pace.
 
 
 

 

A/N: Writers block is still messing with my thought process, but still--im managing some words out of somewhere somehow OTL LOL