「 5 」

Agerasia

 

 

 "We can go out today." Sungjong spoke, he sounded more excited and Myungsoo figured this to be because he hadn't been out of the 'sacred grounds' Since he was brought here. "I thought you couldn't go because you hadn't fed?" Myungsoo asked curiously as he pulled a black hoodie over his T-shirt, Sungjong grinned, "Ani~ Just I cant go out alone. I need--" Sungjong rolled his eyes and spoke with sarcasm. "Supervision." Sungjong stretched and seemed to be boucing around energetically; A polar opposite of how he'd seen him the past few days, he'd seemed depressed and lost in thought but now he seemed cheerful and cute, Myungsoo wondered if maybe this was how Sungjong was before everything happened to him; Myungsoo could admit he was growing attached to him already despite how short of a time they'd been around each other. 
 
"We can be like real people again." Sungjong spoke as he now paid attention to Myungsoo and fixed over his clothing to make sure that he didn't get too much sunlight exposure, tugging on the sleeves and fixing the hood, anyplace that could show skin. "We can get jobs and go to classes, but they would probably have to be night ones because the sun still kinda stings and--" Myungsoo couldn't help smiling at Sungjong's sunny Disposition, his ramblings. "What?" Sungjong questioned now, stilling his movements and blinking cutely up to him which only made Myungsoo smile wider and softly chuckle. "You're cute." He simply said as he reached up to pinch at Sungjong's cheeks and Sungjong seemed to get embarresed from it, letting his eyes slowly glance away as a soft pink color adourned his cheeks, swatting away his hands. "Don't tease me." He grumbled stubbornly which caused Myungsoo to laugh again as he followed Sungjong out the door and after a moment of walking Sungjong stopped and sighed deeply. 
 
"I thought I told you not to come  back." That icy tone he reserved only for one person. Myungsoo turned back to see Hoya lazily trailing behind them. "Was I too loud, what?" Hoya tried to joke but Sungjong only pouted as if he was upset for Hoya ruining his day now. Myungsoo's sights on him were sharp now, but this only made Hoya smirk some to himself, Sighing loudly before letting his eyes falls to the marks on Sungjong and he seemed to get angry now. "The hell is that!?" He asked, voice raising and Sungjong seemed to take a frightened step back but still had the angry fire of hatred in his eyes. "Did you you do that to him ? What'd you do to my brother?" He was enraged now and was stomping his way over to Myungsoo as if about to attack him and Sungjong quickly, by reflex stepped between the two and hugged Myungsoo protectively as if to use himself as a sheild if Hoya would try to hit him. 
 
Hoya was suprised by this action, stopping right in his tracks--lowering his fist that was balled in rage. His fierce hazel hues seemed to soften some before he slowly registered the situation and sighed deeply, simply looking Myungsoo over once more before walking around them now, leaving them there. Myungsoo could see the flicker of pain in his eyes everytime Sungjong gave him a angry look and everytime Sungjong looked scared of him and even just now when Sungjong had protected him thoughtlessly. Myungsoo narrowed his eyes as he watched over his shoulder, the other walking away. Something about him was peculiar and he wondered why it was he got so angry that Sungjong had let someone bite him, maybe because it was someone other than him? Myungsoo rolled his eyes at this theory that came to his mind. He had a feeling that there was more to Hoya though, but then again he knew he'd rather be by Sungjong's side and not worry about the other; Hoya had hurt Sungjong so badly and even though Sungjong was a strong individual he still seemed frightful of him--But that look in Hoya's eyes made him wonder. 
 
Sungjong was still holding onto him tightly with his eyes shut tight and Myungsoo simply brought his arms around the smaller boys shoulders, hugging him close, letting his fingers thread through the silky tresses. "He left, Sungjong." He murmured softly as he let his chin rest into the top of Sungjong's head who seemed to visibly relax at these words, sighing softly. "Sorry," Sungjong murmured into Myungsoo's chest before he took a small step back now to look up at Myungsoo, "Because of me, He--" "Don't be sorry anymore." Myungsoo spoke now catching Sungjong slightly off guard. "W-what?" he murmured and Myungsoo chuckled. "It's not your fault. Don't keep blaming yourself for everything, You don't need to keep telling me sorry when you didn't do anything." Sungjong seemed to be in awe as he blinked slowly as--it was like he'd been saying sorry to every person his whole life and now suddenly someone was telling him not to be sorry and that nothing was his fault. Myungsoo wondered just how his life was before this whole thing had happened to him.
 
"Little prince, Is that you wrapped in the blanket?" A voice spoke and Sungjong seemed to step back out of Myungsoo's hold, laughing a bit. "Oh--Ah, Hyung!" he quickly spoke, smiling happily to the other. Myungsoo only turned to see the other, Eyes a striking jade colour, Another new face. "How does the sun shine upon you?" Sungjong seemed to be overly jubilent to see the other, he'd never really seen Sungjong seem happier to see someone else. "Good! Oh--" Sungjong turned to Myungsoo now, "This is Dongwoo, He's a malkavian." he explained as if that would clear up his curiousities but that didn't really help at all. "This steel orbed son of caine has just had the touch of darkness seep through his thin veins?" The other male seemed to question and Sungjong nodded. "Yes, He's just made."
 
 "Of the little prince's origin?" Sungjong seemed to let his head dip slightly in embarresment as he scratched to the back of his neck, "Yes, You're correct." he spoke and Dongwoo seemed to grin widely and it somehow made Myungsoo a tiny bit nervous it seemed almost deranged. "I must relocate my legs elsewhere, i am no longer here." Dongwoo spoke before making his leave causing Myungsoo to stare after him blankly. "What--. . . what did he even say?" He muttered slowly after Sungjong started to walk as if nothing had happend. "Oh, Uhm. . . Malkavians -- theyre a special type of vampires; a bit insane--but they're really cute and interesting normally." Sungjong explained with a grin, "Their curse is that they suffer from sort of mental illness of some sort and they seemed to jubble on about things that when you first meet them you have hardly any idea what they mean, but you get the hang of it after talking to a few."
 
Myungsoo seemed to sigh at this. "Is there anything else that I should know about . . . vampires?" Myungsoo asked now and Sungjong hummed a 'Hmmm...' in thought before shaking his head, "No. I think malkavians are as interesting as it gets." he spoke with a grin, obviously in a happy mood once more after talking to Dongwoo. Opening up the hole in the forest and stepping through along with Myungsoo before closing it behind him. "I know a few Malkavians, they were nicest to me when I frst got here, I like them the very best." Sungjong spoke with knowledge and Myungsoo nodded with understanding at this. "Im pretty sure you know the other Malkavian as well, The one in that blood place. Sungyeol." he explained and Myungsoo blinked curiously, despite his large smile he seemed to be rather . . . 'normal'. . . or well normal enough.
 
 "Really? he's one of those uhm...milk things?" Sungjong snorted at this, "Malkavians." he enunciated as they trudged through the deep of the forest. "Not every mental illness they have is really bad, things like depression and anxiety are considered a mental illness." "Oh, So whats his thing?" Sungjong shrugged in responce to this, "I never had a chance to figure it out, but I think he has hallucinations but they come and go, sometimes he'll see stuff that isn't there. He has a habit of giggling randomly during conversations that can be serious." Myungsoo snorted at this. "So kinda like a comic relief?" Sungjong grinned and shrugged, "Yeah I suppose something like that."
 
"Those Malkavians in the Sabbat have more than one illness, but in the camarilla its only just one." Myungsoo sighed, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion "You lost me again." he muttered and Sungjong laughed, "Nevermind, I'll explain it later." He explained as the two finally cleared through the forest and were near the edge of the forest and Sungjong seemed ecstatic as they stepped into the 'world'. For Myungsoo it was of little note to him, despite the whole 'fangs' thing he felt almost exactly the same as he had a few days ago and maybe thats why he was able to deal with the information so well--but Myungsoo always had seemed to be a bit devoid of emotion to most people.
 
"Do you wanna go see your family?" Sungjong questioned before slightly frowning, "You can't exactly . . . talk to them, but you can see them this one time." Myungsoo nodded in understanding, acceptance, but He wasn't really that close to his family at all--a strained relationship and so he didn't find the need to go; but he felt like he would break Sungjong's heart is he refused him. Family seemed to be such an important thing to him and he wasn't sure how to tell Sungjong that for him, family was just about as important as a long lost friend who you never talked to anymore. His parents were strict, disciplinary and since he was young, he never really felt like they loved him and in turn he became cold.
 
When they arrived, they kept a good distance and watched over, Sungjong seemed to frown and Myungsoo had a good idea why he was--his parents didn't seem to care that he wasn't around at all and seemed to be calm and unaffected to his 'disappearance'. Myungsoo put an arm around the other. "Its a normal thing for me to disappear for a few days." He explain and Sungjong nodded but the frown was still shown over his lips as they walked away. Myungsoo felt sort of guilty at this, pulling the smaller boy closer and patting his shoulder. "Why're you frowning, We're gonna do normal stuff, Remember?" Sungjong nodded a tiny bit before rising his gaze up from his feet as they walked but he still looked sort of sad. "Jongie-yahh~" He hummed and tugged on Sungjong's hand in which Sungjong suddenly jumped and snatched his hand away before turning beat red. "O--oh." he muttered before laughing. "S-sorry, I-" he murmured and looked elswhere shyly before connecting hands with Myungsoo. It must have caught him off guard but  Sungjong seemed happier, and Myungsoo could admit he was happy too. 
 
They walked for some times and went to places after place and even went to apply at a job just to please Sungjong but then something happened. In the back office luckily enough, none else except for the person but that still didn't change anything.
 
The person interviewing them cut their hand and sighed "Aish clumsy" the man spoke but invoulentarily Sungjong's fangs came out, startling and scaring the guy as he jumped back and Sungjong panicked looking back to Myungsoo just momentarily in his suprise. "What are you--?" he seemed to freak out and was going to do something like call for help but Sungjong quickly handled it as he made eyecontact--the other who seemed to be freaking out, now calmed almost instantly in a trance as Sungjong stared at them deeply. "We were never here." "Never here . . ." He repeated after Sungjong and Myungsoo stared in awe, They could do stuff like this too? 
 
"When we're gone you realized that you came in here  . .  in here to get . . your lunch but accidently cut yourself. You didn't interview either of us and you won't remember us.." Sungjong spoke slowly before breaking eyecontact and stumbling a step back as if he was ready to faint and Myungsoo quickly helped him by moving to his side and holding onto his shoulders. "You okay?" Myungsoo asked with surprise, he'd been so shocked of everything that he simply watched up the moment that Sungjong had faultered. Sungjong nodded. "Lets just . . just go before the daze wears off on him.." He murmured and Myungsoo frowned but helped him out.
 
Sungjong could walk but he was wobbily now so Myungsoo made sure to walk besides him slowly. He'd figured that Sungjong had used his discipline on the man, but was it supposed to have this effect? It seemed like such a long walk but when they arrived back and entered the room, Sungjong laid down onto the bed and he could see that the movements seemed to be physically painful for him but he seemed distant now and he simply seemed to fall asleep or--pass out was more what it felt. He was pale and when Myungsoo felt him, he was cold now, not the normal warmth and Myungsoo sighed in distress. This was bad wasn't  it? He felt bad that something like this happened on the first time Sungjong went out . . . he'll probably be crushed now, but that wasn't what was important now at this moment.
 
Myungsoo headed out and got lost just a bit but ended up in the Toreador's headquarters; A red building, surrounding with beauitufl things such as flowers and filled with art, that made it stand out--once he'd gone inside he quickly headed in until he reached the guard he'd seen before and he stopped him by pressing a hand to his chest. "What is it you're here for?" Myungsoo sighed. "Sungjong-- its-- Its Sungjong." he didn't know how to explain what had happened and he was sure that Sungjong didn't want anyone to know but at him saying this words the man let him inside suprisingly enough.
 
 "Hurry up." he murmured as Myungsoo bowwed to him gratefully before going inside to see Woohyun who was admiring a red rose--as if the room wasn't red enough with the velvert lacing its interior. "Myungsoo, is it?" he questioned but didnt look up to him, he wondered how it was he knew it was him without moving his view but he that wasn't the importance at the moment. "Sungjong collapsed." Myungsoo spoke and Woohyun slowly put the rose down as if he had to literally will himself to look elsewhere, that must be how strong this curse was; he'd heard that many who grow fascinated or in awe will be stuck staring for minutes or maybe even hours and it took alot of willpower to shake themselves from this trance.  
 
"explain how it happened to me?" Myungsoo pursed his lips, Should he tell it all? "Sungjong-- Sungjong used his discipline on someone to hide a mistake I made and so he passed out and he's cold and in pain when he moves." Woohyun sighed deeply and nodded slowly as if taking in the information. "Thats not good, at all." he muttered with a troubled look, "I can't leave here to tend to him because we were going to have an important meeting and if I dont show the camarilla might have some issues, but . . . there really isn't much I can do eitherway." he spoke with honestly, a slight frown over his features. "If Sungjong won't feed thats up to him and he descpises it so much that I can't make him, but  . . ." He seemed to get an idea then, eyes widening. "Ah! he loves you, doesnt he? I'm sure you could probably persuade him to do so. . . Hopefully." he muttered with a sigh. "Even if you have him just drink trueblood its enough. Trueblood is artificial but it still works the part as real blood would." he explained and Myungsoo nodded before quickly making his leave.
 
When he arrived back the door was open and he hoped that Sungjong had simply healed and got better. Myungsoo was calm about this because that was always how he was, but underneath the calm facade he was panicking; he couldn't say he loved sungjong yet, but he cared about him and that was enough.
 
Upon heading in he realized that Hoya was there sighing deeply as he his brother's head. "Why are you in here?! He wouldnt want you here!" Myungsoo was angry now as he neared him and Hoya rolled his eyes. "And you just left him here like this?" Hoya grumbled back which made Myungsoo stopped in his tracks. "I--. . . I didn't know what to do so I went to go find Woohyun." Hoya scoffed now. "Neither of you have been here long enough to know anything." he spoke with a quiet sigh. His touch to Sungjong was loving but if Sungjong was conscious at this moment his skin would probably be crawling; his loving actions didn't take back for what he'd done to him. 
 
"he . . . He used his um . . vitae up." Myungsoo spoke and hoya nodded knowingly. "And, he let you feed off of him." Hoya spoke coldly although his touch to Sungjong was warm, holding the younger close to him. Myungsoo couldn't say a word because this was true--could it be partially his fault also? but when Hoya bit into his wrist and tried to make Sungjong drink, Myungso quickly stopped him by grabbing his arm. "He-- He wouldn't want that. . ." His voice came out much softer than he'd meant it too and Hoya only glared at him. "Then what are you doing to do, huh?! Just let him die here?!" Hoya was shouting at him now and he could admit that the male even scared him some. 
 
"He may be nothing to you, but he's everything to me!" Hoya growled before pushing Myungsoo back, but Myungsoo quickly stopped him once more. "No! I-- I'll persuade him to. . . to drink mine." Myungsoo quickly spoke and Hoya stopped for a moment before pursing his lips with uncertainty. Looking down to his brother for just a moment and letting a slow and deep sigh; maybe he knew that Myungsoo doing that would be the better result and he simply gave into this acception--he honestly didn't need Sungjong to hate him anymore. "Fine." he finally spoke, laying Sungjong down gently with care before he stood, He seemed reluctant to let Sungjong from his grasp and stared down at him for a long moment before turning to give Myungsoo a cold look. "If he isn't fine by tomorrow night, I'm taking matters into my own hands." He spoke coldly before pushing his way past Myungsoo roughly and out the door.
 
Myungsoo sighed sleepy after the door slammed shut, running a hand through his black hair before looking back to Sungjong--He looked like he was dead already and that feeling was making his stomache churn. Sitting down besides him and taking the Spot that hoya once was at before sitting him up to hold him close. He didn't want to force Sungjong to do this but he knew he needed to. Hoya spoke as if he'd be alright till tomorrow so Myungsoo hoped that maybe in this time, Sungjong would wake up and he could talk to him. Myungsoo held him close for hours upon hours it felt and there wasn't any small movement from Sungjong at all and he was starting to feel uncertain--Maybe he would have to? But just as he thought that Sungjong started to cough and quietly gasped for air, just for a moment. It shocked Myungsoo and he simply rubbbed his back. 
 
"Sungjong. Sungjong, Sungjong?" He repeated and repeated many times till Sungjong seemed to stop coughing and slowly looked around the room in a daze before focusing on Myungsoo, eyes slightly heavy. Myungsoo sighed with relief as he saw life from him again, "Sungjong, You have to feed or you'll die." he murmured softly despite how urgent it was and Sungjong simply pursed his lips and shook his head slowly in a stubbornness still, it was obvious that such a small movement was painful to him but he was still stuck on his choice. "Sungjong, Hoya was here and he said that if you're not better by the time he's back he'll force you." "No  He won't." Sungjong stubbornly spoke, "Don't let him." Myungsoo sighed and went quiet, This kid was so freaking stubborn and it was driving him crazy. "If you don't feed, then I won't either! Then we can both die Here." Myungsoo finally spoke and that seemed to get a response from him; Sungjong didn't say a thing but looked troubled then, "Youre  . . You're lying." Sungjong murmured weakly and Myungsoo frowned. "I'm not. I promise you that I will." His voice was serious and so was his expression and he meant it.
 
 Sungjong seemed pained as if he was about to cry as he closed his eyes and took in a deep breathe but still said nothing for a few moments. "But I dont want to . . . want to .." "You won't hurt me and you won't change at all, you'll still be you Sungjong." Myungsoo spoke and by now Sungjong had let a few tears free--that seemed to be exactly what he was afraid of, but still he hesitated. Sungjong believed Myungsoo and he trusted him, loved him--but he was still scared and Myungsoo could see that in the depth of his hues. "You won't change at all, and if you do for some reason then I'll keep you how you are and remind you who you are." Sungjong bit into his lip now and looked down, swallowing the lump that was forming in his throat. Myungsoo only lifted his head by his chin once more and wiped his tears away with care, searching the hazel hues. "I promise." Myungsoo pressed on and Sungjong hesitated before finally he gave in and nodded his head just a bit, weakly.