Night

Affection

"Neh~! Hyung, carry me!" Taemin whined, holding his arms out for the older.

Onew chuckled, "Taemin, you're too old to be carried. You're perfectly capable of walking, and it's only to the van, anyways!"

Taemin pouted, "Onew-hyung, please?"

Onew sighed and gave in. He could never resist the maknae. He walked towards Taemin and swept him up into his arms, laughing at the squeak that left Taemins lips.

Taemin smiled up at him and wrapped his arms around the leaders neck. He burrowed his head into Onews shoulder and hummed happily. "Hyung, you're so warm and comfy..."

Minho looked over at the two and pouted at the heart warming scene. "Neh, hyung! I wanna be carried too!" Without warning, he ran over and jumped on Onews back, making the leader lose his footing.

"Y-Yah!" Onew yelled, gaining his footing, "Minho, you can't just jump on me like that! How much do you two weigh anyways? I'm getting old here..." He looked over when he heard someone snort. "Something wrong Key?"

Key directed a quick glare towards him. "Oh nothing's wrong. My feet hurt, I'm exhausted, and that y make-up artist messed up my face! Everything is ing peachy, you idiot!"

Onew flinched back. Yet another insult from Key... However, he soon shot a bright grin in the younger boys direction. "Do you want me to carry you, too? Here, just let me rearrange these two..."

Key protested instantly, "Don't touch me with your y old man hands! I can take care of myself!"

"Says the guy who locked himself in the bathroom this morning," Jonghyun snickered.

Key gave him a sharp smack upside the head. "Yah! Shut up, ing Dino Man!" He was about to deliver another blow to the laughing Jonghyun when he felt his feet leave the ground. Key let out a startled gasp as he was pulled up against a strong chest, being held bridal style in someones arms. He looked up, only to flush when he met Onews sparkling eyes. He immediatly started to struggle. "Yah! Let go of me, tard! I can walk perfectly well- stop touching me!"

Onew flinched as he was hit in the jaw. He strengthened his grip on the small man in his arms. "Key- knock it off right now! You're going to knock Minho and Taemin right off my back!"

Key ceased his struggling and was surprised to see two of his band mates faces looking at him from atop the leaders shoulders. Minho on the right, Taemin on the left. He blushed in embarrasment and huffed, crossing his arms and turning away.

Jonghyun hummed, "Ready to head out to the van, you sissys? Seriously, be men and walk with me! The night's still so young!"

Taemin pouted at him from Onews back. "But I'm tired, Jong-hyung..."

Minho was quick to agree. "Yeah," he said, dropping his head on Onews shoulder, "I'm exhausted. I might fall asleep before we even get to the van."

"Doesn't mean Onew has to carry you," Jonghyun teased.

"Yah! All of you, shut the hell up! Onew, put me the hell down, fat !" Key yelled.

Onew felt a bit of his heart break at the insult, but only smiled brightly. "No~! I'll put you down when we reach the van. No use now since I have all of you on me, neh?"

Taemin giggled and angled his face to give Onew a kiss on the cheek. "You're the best, Jinki-hyung! I love you!"

Onew laughed out loud, "Yes, yes, Taebaby. Love you too..."

Onew felt a dead weight on his back and figured that Minho fell asleep. "Not asleep, hyung," Minho mumbled. Well, there goes that.

Jonghyun glanced over, "Well, we're here anyways. Now get off of hyung, you little cling-ons."

"Jesus Christ, finally!" Key exclaimed, and Onew dropped him gently in front of the van. Key hurridly opened the doors and crawled in towards the back. Minho groaned and drowsily raised his head. He carefully slid down Onews back and hit the ground, only to get in the van immediatly. Taemin, however, was a different case entirely. He was clinging to the leaders back, whining. "Neh, hyung, you're so warm. I don't wanna get off~!" he cried.

Jinki sighed and struggled to get in the van with the maknae on his back. Eventually, with Jonghyuns help on the outside, they were able to squeeze in the back with Key. Taemin was clinging to Onews side and leaning heavily on the leader. Onew kissed his forehead gently and the long hair to lull the boy to sleep. Taemin hummed, pleased.

Onew looked to his left where Key was leaning on the window. He looked tired, and entirely uncomfortable, so Onew tapped him to get his attention.

Key glanced over, "What do you want?"

Onew lifted his arm in a silent invitation. He smiled and whispered, "I don't mind."

He watched as Key debated in his mind, and silently rejoiced when the diva gave a sigh and cuddled into him. Onew started to give Key the same treatment he was giving Taemin, and Key was soon letting out small snores. He was asleep.

Jonghyun and Minho looked back at the leader, who were clutching the young boys like they were the only ones that mattered. However, his gaze rested lovingly on Key. Jonghyun chuckled, "Appa, umma, and child. What do ya think, Minho?"

Minho tiredly looked at him and smiled sadly. "I guess... But Onew's been trying for months now, and Key keeps pushing him away. A man can only take so much, Jonghyun..."

Jonghyuns eyes dimmed. He knew all too well what Minho was talking about. Key was never much for skinship, but Onew loved it. He was always hugging the younger boys, always giving them a pat on the back or ruffling their hair. The three boys loved it, but Key hated it, and he seemed intent on letting Onew know. However, Key had been letting insults fly these past few times, his rejections hitting deeper and deeper. Jonghyun knew it was hurting Onew. He saw the way Onews eyes darkened for that split second, saw the way his hands would shake, and heard his hateful self-comments at night. 

Jonghyuns teeth clenched. Their leader was clumsy and awkward- no doubt about it. Onew had never been in love before, and Jonghyun believed this was the only way Onew knew how to confess his love for Key. Confess his love by cuddling, and showing physical contact more frequently. Each time Key denied it- bam! Rejection. Their leader didn't deserve that.

Jonghyun glanced at Minho, who had fallen asleep. He looked back to check on the other three, and smiled. Taemin had wormed his way onto the leaders lap. His head was resting on the strong chest and his hand was gripping Onews sweatshirt lightly. One of Onews arms was around the youngers waist, holding him close. Key had also fallen asleep, head on Onews shoulder. He was positioned to lay on the leaders arm, and Keys own arms were around one of Onews. Onews other arm was around Keys waist. The leader, stuck in the middle, seemed quite comfortable. His head lay on Keys, and he was sitting straight up, due to Taemin being on his lap.

Jonghyun watched as Key flinched and opened his eyes, dazed. He was interested as he watched Key look around the van, and stop when his gaze rested upon the maknae and the leader. Jonghyun stiffled a laugh when Key pouted and tiredly pushed at Taemin. Taemin grumbled, and slightly shifted. Key crawled on the other side of Onews lap and burried his face in Onews neck, legs entwined with Taemins. Onews arm unconciously moved from its place on the seat to around the boy, bringing him closer.

Jonghyun frowned at this display and sighed. When they all woke up to go into the dorm, he knew Onew would take one look at Keys position and have false hope, only to be crushed by Keys cruel words. He shook his head, and laid down.

Key was going to have to figure this one out himself.

-------------------------------

First chapter is done, done, and done~! Hope you enjoyed it! Really, this was just a filler first chapter. This will be another short story: 3-4 chapters...?? The problems start next chapter, so I hope you guys continue reading! Thanks, babies! :3