The questions

My First Heartbreak....or My First Love?

Doojoon thinks today couldn’t be worse since he saw Yoseob avoid him in class before, but he’s wrong. Now, he must eat alone because he just realised he doesn’t have any close friend apart from Yoseob. Well, who could he blame on? He just newcomer in this campus. He has friends but not as close as that to have lunch together or anything yet. He sighed for the nth time when suddenly there are two trays which land right in front of him.

“Yah Yoon Doojoon! Do you think your food will turn into dust and dissapeared if you keep sigh above them?” Hyunseung rolled his eyes at Kikwang’s not-so-funny-question. “Food also has heart so don’t sigh at them, Doojoon.”

“Ha-ha-ha so funny, Kikwang” Doojoon talked monotonously as he still keep stabbing his rice.

“I said the truth! My mom has said it to me since long time ago.” Kikwang said rather loudly. Hyunseung is just eating quietly because he knows he will looked more foolish if he tried to join their conversation. “Just asked Hyunseung! He was there when my mom told me that!” Kikwang started to frowning deeply as he pointed at Hyunseung.

“Don’t bring me, I don’t remember anything.” Hyunseung talked calmly.

“But you always have better memories than me and Yoseob..”

“Really? I don’t even remember that fact.” Hyunseung chewed his food calmly.

“Woah really, I thought you’re my best friend, Hyunseung. You just lying and make me like a fool in front of our new friend. Good Job, Hyunseung-ssi.” Sarcasm is thick in his last sentences.

“Don’t exaggarate it, Kikwang. Look at Doojoon, he has stressed enough over Yoseob who prefered eat with Joon than with him, so don't let him hear your story about food’s feeling anymore.”

“Finally, you agree with me about something. Doojoon is definitely stress right now.” Kikwang folded his arm and nodded his head proudly.

“Yah I’m not stress, guys.” Doojoon finally showed some reaction.

“Okay not stress, but-“ Kikwang looked at Hyunseung while grinning. “Jealous.” Hyunseung completed it as he smirk at Doojoon.

Doojoon rolled his eyes. At first, he felt grateful because Kikwang and Hyunseung want to accompany him here. But as the conversation began to lead to jealousy topic, he felt like scream loudly. The jealous word has running through his head since he saw Yoseob with Joon at class, but he denied it and try so hard to forget that word. And here he is, with Kikwang and Hyunseung not-so-innocently said that word.

“Just admit it, Doojoon. Jealous doesn’t make you ugly or turn you into anything bad.” Hyunseung’s voice brought Doojoon back to reality.

“Yeah, it just make you realise that you’re falling in love with someone.” Kikwang said calmly. When he put down his chopsticks, he talked again, “So… Are you gonna sit here and watch Yoseob died of boredom because of Joon who constantly talked or you will go there and take Yoseob away?”

Doojoon blinked his eyes at Kikwang and his mouth agape. Falling in love? But Yoseob is my friend.. There’s no way I- Yoseob- ah impossible.

“You talked too fast, Kikwang. We have to make Doojoon admited his feeling first. Look at him, he’s just gonna deny it again and again if we aren’t careful.” Hyunseung whispered to Kikwang and finally put down his chopstick.

“Oh you’re right hehe sorry.” Kikwang rubs his neck sheepishly.

“Okay Doojoon, look at me.” Hyunseung flicks his finger in front of Doojoon. “You will listen to me and answer me honestly. Don’t deny whatever I said and just answer it. Are you understand?”

Doojoon nodded his head and just felt like Hyunseung will really help him this time. Beside them, Kikwang looked at Hyunseung awed.

“Okay, first question. Are you happy every time you hang out with Yoseob?”

“Of course. He’s my best friend”

“Yes I know, that’s still an easy question. Next, are you always looking forward to your next meeting with Yoseob even right after you meet Yoseob?”

“….Yes.”

“Do you always wanted to know what Yoseob is doing?”

“Uhh..yes”

“Really?? That’s a bit creepy..” Kikwang suddenly interrupted Hyunseung’s next question.

“Okay next, have you felt frustrated just because suddenly you thought Yoseob is having fun with other man? You feel like he’s always not safe enough if you’re not around him.”

“Yeah…sometimes.” Hyunseung snorted incredulously. “Okay, okay, many times.” Doojoon corrected it reluctantly.

“Well, that’s sweet~” Kikwang commented again.

“Now we move to a little hard question. But please don’t deny it, just answer it cooly, okay?”

Doojoon doesn’t know what make him agree to being in this situation from the beginning, but yet again he nods his head.

“First question, have you ever feel like Yoseob’s smile is all you ever need?”

“………I swear at first I just feel like his smile is so cute, that’s all. But I don’t know since when- he- *sigh* can we just move on to the next question?” Doojoon buried his face in his palm as he answers the ‘hard question’.

“Well, that’s creepy but sweet at the same time.” Kikwang looked at Doojoon pitifully.

“It’s okay Doojoon, it’s not a sin.” Hyunseung pats Doojoon’s head sympathetically. “Next, do you ever want to hunt down every man that looked at Yoseob too long?”

“No! Of course not!” Doojoon answered quickly. But as Kikwang keep staring at him, Doojoon added, “Well, those man just need a little notice about how to look at someone nicely and not annoyedly.”

“Yeah rightt” Kikwang rolled his eyes.

“Good, so far you don’t deny anything. Now I want to know, what do you feel when Yoseob talked with Joon while ignoring your existence? Are you feel like snap at Yoseob? Or do you prefer to punch Joon and take Yoseob far away from him?”

“No! I don’t ever think to snap at Yoseob. He’s too nice to be scolded..” Kikwang and Hyunseung hummed expectantly. “Truthfully, I also don’t ever think to punch Joon.. I barely know him so it’s rude to punch him suddenly, right? But, I just want to take Yoseob away and make Joon knows that Yoseob is uncomfortable if they keep on hanging out together. I just doesn’t want Yoseob has such expression on his face any longer.” Doojoon uses his chin to pointed Yoseob’s table. Kikwang and Hyunseung turn their head and see Yoseob’s tired face as Joon keep on slung his hand around Yoseob's shoulder while chatting with his friends. Yoseob is being completely ignored by Joon since Joon’s friends has came to their table. And Doojoon secretly pay attention to all of those situation.

On the other hand, Hyunseung looked at Doojoon meaningfully while Kikwang grinned at Doojoon.

Hyunseung flicks his finger in front of Doojoon again to make him stop staring at Yoseob. “Okay, this is the last question. Prepare yourself, Doojoon, because people usually will feel flustered, after that they will stuttered, and then they will snapped at the questioner, and finally they will goes angrily. So, I warn you to not angry at me, okay? Remember that I just want to help my friend here.”

Doojoon has a bad feeling about this, but he nods his head nonetheless.

“Okay, Yoon Doojoon…do you like Yoseob?”

“What? Of course I like him. He’s my best friend.”

“Is it just me or he really has said this answer before?” Kikwang asked confusedly.

“*sigh* okay, do you love Yoseob?”

“W- WHAT? LOVE?” Doojoon answered rather loudly.

“Just answer it, Doojoon! Yes or no?” Kikwang asked curiously.

“I- I- I don’t know…”

“If you don’t answer it, I would tell Yoseob to just date Joon because I think Joon is more brave to admit his feeling.”

“Okay! Okay! Yes!!!”

“Finally..” Kikwang and Hyunseung said at the same time. They felt so relieved because from now on they just need Doojoon to confessed and after that Yoseob will be happy ever after.

 

--------------------

 

Yoseob who heard Doojoon’s loud voice, suddenly felt curious at whatever that Doojoon and his best friends have been talking about. They looked so happy… and what are they talking about to Doojoon mentioned love? Is it about that girl who spoke on the telephone with Doojoon? Or are they talking about that girl whom Doojoon met at the hallway? Yoseob suddenly feel dizzy and feel so angry that he want to goes toward their table to ask all of those question. But Yoseob couldn’t.. His pride forbid him to talk to Doojoon first. So, here he is still trap in Joon’s hand and Joon’s world. He doesn’t know why but he just hoped Doojoon will come over and take him away as soon as possible. When Yoseob started to close his eyes, suddenly there’s hand that pull his wrist and make him stand up.

“Okay, I think your play time is up. Yoseob can back to me now, right?” Doojoon just wants to go when he suddenly remembers something, “Oh I’m Doojoon btw. Yoon Doojoon. Sorry I just introduce myself now. So..bye.” Doojoon gives Joon his signature grin for split second. After Doojoon fully turned around, his face back to serious mode.

Yoseob, who watches this situation, just feel confuse. He doesn’t know why all of this situation feel like Doojoon is snatching him from Joon. But he feels so happy right now, so he doesn’t care whatever the reason behind Doojoon’s act.

Yoseob looks at his and Doojoon's intertwined hands and feel his face blushing right now. As they walked passed Kikwang and Hyunseung’s table, he see how Kikwang winks at him and how Hyunseung grinning happily toward him. Yoseob makes a mental note to ask them what they’ve been doing to Doojoon since earlier.

 

-A few minutes ago-

“Yah Doojoon. You have admitted your feeling toward Yoseob. So, what’re you doing? You still gonna sit here and watch him there with Joon?” Kikwang asked expectantly.

“Well...Yoseob hate me now. I don’t know what I’ve done, but he ignores me since this morning. *sigh* I don’t want to annoyed him so I think it’s best to stay away from him for a while.” Doojood talked with a low voice.

“You really don’t know anything, Doojoon. Yoseob isn’t mad at you. He’s just-“

“He’s just felt like threatened because there’s a girl whom he doesn’t ever know suddenly act so close with yo-hmphh.” Hyunseung quickly closed Kikwang’s mouth. Truthfully, it’s a secret that kept by the trio, but well it’s not a secret anymore. Applause for Kikwang.

“We’re gonna die if Yoseob knows this.” Hyunseung said panickly. “Remember, Kikwang, it’s your fault. If Yoseob asked anything about this things, don’t ever say my name. I’m an innocent here.”

“Wait, guys! Who’s the girl that we’re talking about? And what's it to do with Yoseob’s act toward me?” Doojoon frowned deeply, he is very confuse with this fact.

“Okay, we’re so dead.” Hyunseung sighed.

“….Sorry, I don’t mean it..” Kikwang pouted.

Doojoon couldn’t take it any longer, so he made his way toward Yoseob’s table and determined to ask Yoseob about the truth.

 

--------------------

 

It turned out Doojoon brings Yoseob to rooftop. Well it’s their special place because their first meeting is take place here. Doojoon still holds Yoseob hands tightly even after they arrived and stood at the edge of rooftop. They watch every activities under them quietly, the wind that blows softly even makes everything so perfect that neither Doojoon or Yoseob want to break the silence.

“Err you can release my hand now, Doojoon.” Yoseob finally break the silence. It’s not because of his will to separate from Doojoon, but his hands already sweating so much that he doesn’t want Doojoon to disgust with his wet hands.

“Oh, yeah, sorry…”

“….”

“…So, are you still mad at me?” Doojoon braced himself to asking Yoseob the question that has disturbed him since morning.

Yoseob just keep staring at the floor beneath them as if there’s something interesting there. Doojoon takes Yoseob’s action as a signal for him to continue talking.

“I just want to say I’m sorry if I have made you angry, though I still don’t know what is your reason.” Doojoon whispered the last part. “And…I’m sorry if I’m rude, but I really don’t like you got close with Joon. If you can, please stay away from him. I don't know why but I always feel like he will hurt you if you keep on hanging out with him.” Doojoon stated firmly to make Yoseob believe him.

Doojoon’s statement makes Yoseob finally lift his head. Yoseob’s eyes widen as he heard Doojoon’s shocking yet sweet words.

“What do you mean, Doojoon?” Yoseob asked while blinking his eyes.

“I- I mean…just back to your usual self. Hanging out with me, Hyunseung, and Kikwang. Don’t got near Joon. Talk with me as usual, with your cheerful voice.” Doojoon mumbled his next words, “And…don’t got too close with other man beside me and your best friends.”

“What? I can’t hear you Doojoon, can you repeat that?”

“Ah nothing, nothing, I just felt today’s weather is so hot hahaha.” Doojoon laugh awkwardly. But fortunately, Doojoon saw Yoseob believes his lame excuse as he nodded his head and fanning himself.

“But, it’s not fair.. You said I couldn’t got too close with Joon but you got yourself many girlfriends. *sigh* I thought we’re close friends, but you don’t even introduce one of them to me.” Yoseob said those words softly whilst he lowered his head. He fiddled his finger because truthfully imagining Doojoon and his girlfriends is really make his heart hurt.

“Girlfriends?? What do you mean? And we’re really close friends Yoseob, please don’t question it anymore. I even have told you everything about me, right?”

Yoseob take a deep breath to prevent his tears pouring out. When he felt that he’s ready, he lifted his head and talked, “Eeey don’t lie to me, Doojoon. I already know it. Just tell me, are they have same-age like us or are they our junior?” Yoseob tried hard to smile teasingly.

Doojoon look at Yoseob bewildered. He doesn’t understand what Yoseob’s talking about. And Yoseob’s smile felt so fake and so…sad that Doojoon just want to embrace him tightly.

“What’s wrong with you, Yoseob? Why do you suddenly bring the topic about ‘girlfriend’? And..are you really okay? You look a bit pale.” Doojoon said worriedly while taking some step toward Yoseob to check his temperature.

But when Doojoon step forward, Yoseob also take step backward. Doojoon is very confuse with Yoseob behaviour, it feels like Yoseob still want to avoid him yet he hide it. Couldn’t take it any longer, Doojoon stop and talked rather loudly.

“Yah stop it Yoseob! Why do you still avoid me? And stop talking anything that related about girlfriend or such topic! I really hate it when you faking your smile every time you talked about that topic!”

Yoseob is dumbfounded with Doojoon’s sudden outburst. He also couldn’t control himself anymore, so he said whatever in his head, “Please stop being so nice to me!! I really hate you who still being so nice and caring toward me while you already have a girlfriend!” Tears finally rolling on Yoseob’s cheek, his hearts is so hurt because of Doojoon who still don’t want to admit everything. “You talked with your girlfriend lovingly, chatting with her happily, yet you still care to me and always make me laugh!! I really hate you Yoon Doojoon! Couldn’t you just treat me like how you treat Hyunseung and Kikwang?!”

Yoseob cried loudly and buried his face in his palm. He felt so tired with all of these things. He felt tired because his heart kept wanting Doojoon but on the other hand, his brain always forbid him to develop any feeling toward Doojoon. His brain always reminding him that Doojoon already has a girlfriend so he must stop liking Doojoon.

Yes, Yoseob already realised that he likes Doojoon but everything is too late. Doojoon already has a girlfriend so there’s no way he could return Yoseob’s feeling. When Yoseob remembers this sad reality, his cries is starting turn into sobs, and it looks like wouldn’t stop in a short time.

“How could I treat you the same as I treat Hyunseung or Kikwang or anyone else while my head and my heart kept thinking and wanting you, Yoseob..” Doojoon said softly, he feels tired and just want to confess to Yoseob.

 

--------------------

 

A/N : Hello guysss sorry for the really really late update…. I really want to study hard on this term because I got a bad result on the last term, so..yeah..I kinda rarely wrote after my grade result was out T-T

But it’s okay now I’m starting to write again hohoho~ This chapter is really longer because I want to make it worth the wait hehe but sorry if it’s just a bored chapter….fyi, I enjoyed writing this chapter because Dooseob finally almost make it to the next step on their relationship. Aaaand I end this chapter at the right time, right? *evil laugh* please comment and tell me your favourite part, guys!

See you at next chapter, guys ^^ *I have written the next chapter so the next update will be in near future~*

OH AND THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE SUBSCRIBERS OUT THERE TT-TT IT’S REALLY MOTIVATE ME TO WRITE MORE T-T